• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

BBC7

Smash Ace
I met this one bad player that actually managed to get up to 450% as Pikachu, simply because I realized he sucked and I wanted to see how many times I can jab him without getting killed or getting bored to death. (I Up-Smashed him for good measure after a while)

Of course, I'm not looking for that player nor do I know his name. If he's on these boards, I'd be surprised given what a scrub like me did to him.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Why not?

Adrian if you're on here, that was a fun couple hours. I was watching Highlander the whole time hahahahaha

Thanks for not bailing on me, I was playing Random and got a lot of good practice in. If you couldn't tell I main Diddy :estatic:

Kory btw

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Played some matches against someone named "Will" Had an awesome captain falcon and marth. Would love to play again, had some intense battles ;)

Edit: Im Patrick

Last edited:

Edgeworth UK

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about this earlier after playing the same few players for hours. Should setup a fairly universal name system, have your username start with SB (smashboards) or something similar if you frequent this thread/forum. Make it easier to track down players for their friend codes if you want to.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I was thinking about this earlier after playing the same few players for hours. Should setup a fairly universal name system, have your username start with SB (smashboards) or something similar if you frequent this thread/forum. Make it easier to track down players for their friend codes if you want to.
That might be a good idea, actually.

dragonologist

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1138-8009
MX;) Please, I need to find you!!! I was Rosalina, Diddy Kong, Peach and Dark Pit. You were Shulk, Greninja and Palutena! Please add me, need to find you again ^_^

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
My name's Wisdom online. If I go in For Glory I'm usually found in the FFA section. I play as Green Zelda, Daisy-Peach, Red Rosalina, Blue Shorts ZSS, Black/Purple Palutena, Red Marth, White Mage Robin, Black/Pink haired Lucina, Shulk, and I'll sometimes try out Red WFT. I don't usually use everyone in that order, it's random every time. But I always start off with Zelda.

Usually in For Fun, though...

Last edited:

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I'm looking for a Shaun that played a vanilla Mega Man against me that won and took all the glory in the 3 matches we played. You were great! First good Mega Man I saw online too. Also looking for a kon who did a mirror Lucario match with me as vanilla color. T'was the first Lucario I fought against in 1v1 :)

Last edited:

Silverlock

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinF0X
3DS FC
0645-5827-5788
My online name is F0X, and I've mostly used Lucina (Black) in the past couple days, with Captain Falcon and Shulk for counter-picks.

I don't remember the name of the Shiek I fought earlier today, but whoever you are, our three battles were some of the most fun I've had in Smash. My heart was beating out of my chest most of the time. :/

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
The names "Shun". If you run into me, I can be seen playing Ike (black), Falco, Palutena (of various colors), Shulk, and sometimes a variety of people.

EDIT: And to whoever EZ is, good games! Thanks for helping me polish my Shulk. He (and Palutena) is the weakest of my bunch

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Lots of good Greninjas today. One in particular was named "Chad". Amazing use of water stars and grabs.

FattyAcids

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2836-0262-4681
Played against a pretty good falcon today, had a lot of fun mirrors, his name was bren, not sure how the whole in game names work but mine shows up as Nathan, would be cool to play with him again. :p

kataridragon

Smash Ace
No one has asked for me... What a jip. I have an 85% win rate.

I'm Ian my main is sonic but sometimes I counterpick with sheik or zss.

Ya.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Totally not bragging...I'm at a 75% at around 150 battles in so maybe I'm just jealous.
Maybe a little. But ya I came here trying to stroke my ego. At least I admitted it. Lol

I'm at 221 battles.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Maybe a little. But ya I came here trying to stroke my ego. At least I admitted it. Lol

I'm at 221 battles.
I guess the only way to get an 85% is to not lose. I am improving, after all. I am actually new to competitive Smash so I still have plenty to learn on the journey to be a good player. My original priority was to be able to beat my friends, but that's proving itself to be way more difficult than I thought because my friends have played competitive since Melee and I'm starting off with Sm4sh. Even the goal of 80% online sounds much easier than the thought of beating my friend in a 1v1. (Even though I get close, it's usually not quite enough. He knows the fundamentals better which results in my failure the majority of the time)

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I guess the only way to get an 85% is to not lose. I am improving, after all. I am actually new to competitive Smash so I still have plenty to learn on the journey to be a good player. My original priority was to be able to beat my friends, but that's proving itself to be way more difficult than I thought because my friends have played competitive since Melee and I'm starting off with Sm4sh. Even the goal of 80% online sounds much easier than the thought of beating my friend in a 1v1. (Even though I get close, it's usually not quite enough. He knows the fundamentals better which results in my failure the majority of the time)
I think 75% is pretty good. People don't know the sonic matchup. It helps. He is also good at dominating the common charcters like Mac and bowser. Just be cool and keep playing. You will get it.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Lots of good Greninjas today. One in particular was named "Chad". Amazing use of water stars and grabs.
I played that Chad guy. Yeah he's good with those water shurikens. Obnoxiously good. Went 2-2 on him with my Falcon. They were all really close except the one match where I SD'd twice on accident haha. I'd play him again if he posts here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Need to fix up my 3DS name, but currently it's running as 'Christian'. Not sure if anybody's seen me yet, but I'm a Shulk main, and play around with 'Dorf.
Did I play you this morning or yesterday? I faced a couple Christians, and I think one used dorf. My name is the same as here
I probably played as Marth or Ike

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

sorry for double post

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
Man, it is kind of scary posting names and stuff... but I thought of this thread after playing some team matches after work. I've only played 95 matches so I doubt anyone here has encountered me yet. While I jump around characters from time to time (especially if I'm having fun, or just want to relax)... my main is red haired / black armor :4lucina:, under the name "Nana". I'm trying to get out and team For Glory more often. I had some nice matches against a very strategic :4villager:named "Ace". I thought I could outsmart that guy, but I just fell short most of the time.
I played you!

:)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Shout out to the person named Elise who played as Default Lucina, White Little Mac, White Marth, and Black Greninja. Played some great matches. Sorry I had to leave. Hope we can meet up again sometime.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I played with a Falcon player named Matt, although I beat his Falcon 2-0. He switched to Ness and beat me 2-0, before switching to Mario and beating my Dr. Mario. Making it a 3-2 in his favor, although a 2-2 in my book since I don't play Dr. Mario competitively. That being said, I never knew about Ness Up B being a kill move, which caught me off guard since I didn't know how to go about punishing it and that ended up being my demise. I knew plenty of C. Falcon's stuff though because my friends play him. I know to be cautious of the knee, that's for sure.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Played some matches against someone named "Will" Had an awesome captain falcon and marth. Would love to play again, had some intense battles ;)

Edit: Im Patrick
I know Patrick is a pretty common name, but I played against someone with that name earlier. I go by Isaiah (my real name) online. Do you remember playing against any Isaiahs?

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
My name is Alex on the 3ds.
I typically use Marth, Lucina, Greninja, and Lucario with an occasional mix of Shulk and Pikachu in that order if I'm on a winning streak.

Last edited:

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
If anyone named Sky drops by here, just wanted to leave a GG for the sets we had. I was the terrible Ike player from tonight.

Wish you could at least say GG in-game or something so the other player knows when you've gotta leave, haha.
Sky? You mean Skylit? I've faced one Ike this past week lol, could that have been you?

Wait no more! For this is the Player-Finder Thread! Here, post the names of the people you played in the hopes of finding them amongst the SmashBoards community! No more hoping! No more vain searching! With this thread, everything you could ever need* is right here!
This could take some work, but I suggest putting all the names posted here in the OP, as a means for a quick check:b:

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
No one has asked for me... What a jip. I have an 85% win rate.

I'm Ian my main is sonic but sometimes I counterpick with sheik or zss.

Ya.
Why do I feel like I already fought against you. Your ID feels familliar...
Already said it before, but my in-game name is Poyo, and I mostly use Ness and Megaman.

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
Oi Tasty, lookin for you. We played for like two hours, mostly rando. Our last match was Palutena vs Falco and i just kept reflecting and ******* around before you DCed. We were pretty comparable, and if you happen to see this I would like to play with ya again sometime.

Fortress

Smash Master
Did I play you this morning or yesterday? I faced a couple Christians, and I think one used dorf. My name is the same as here
I probably played as Marth or Ike
It's likely. I did play Dorf this morning and I did lose quite hard to a Marth that I was impressed by. First good Smash 4 Marth I encountered. Can't quite remember if we played two games though, because I swear I lost to that Marth and won against that Marth. Did you play the Roy color swap? I use Green 'dorf, and I might have played Shulk or Ike against you.

Fun fact: a book I was writing way back in high school had a character named 'Greyback'.

Last edited:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Today I played a loooooooooot of games with a player named "ZERO". @ TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo If that was you, it was an honour to get the chance to play against a top player.

Whoever you are, if you see this post I was the red Lucina named "RascalTC" and you were absolutely incredible. I also wish to ask you three questions:
1. Any pointers?
2. What should I do against ZSS? I struggle a lot with that matchup in For Glory.
3. What do you think of my Lucina's style? In our first games I used a lot of SH aerials, as that's what I'm used to doing, but later on I realised that having a stronger ground game was more effective against you. All those Dtilt and Ftilt pokes with grab mixups made me feel like I was playing Roy again.

Again, I don't know who you are, but our matches were so intense that I quit because I was out of breath and my throat was hurting.

Finally, you remember that Dthrow -> Bair -> Uair -> Utilt string I did against your Ike? I'd been practicing that in the lab :p

EDIT: I forgot to save replays of most of our earlier matches. I've got the ones of your Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Shulk, Ike, Marth and the second time you chose Sheik.
was not me homie

Chuchulachu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0705-4368-1189
I'm looking for the guy named Chu, you were playing a lot of different characters and we had an awesome Little Mac ditto too? My name was Nicole (temporary lol)
More than likely this was me. I changed my name to CCLC and I normally don't stick to one character for too long when playing in longer sets lol, though I'll always try to run my main 3 (Rosa, Zelda, Kirby) before that. Also apologies to anyone I'ved faced and had to bail on after 1 match.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm fighting somebody named Tavo on For Glory with a really good Palutena. I'm Jason and use Red Ganon/Dark Blue Game and Watch

Top Bottom