• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

BBC7

Smash Ace
was not me homie
He should've seen it coming, ZERO ain't the same as ZeRo. By the way, I heard that playing online develops bad habits for local. Would you say this is true or not? I'd just like to know, a response would be lovely.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
He should've seen it coming, ZERO ain't the same as ZeRo. By the way, I heard that playing online develops bad habits for local. Would you say this is true or not? I'd just like to know, a response would be lovely.
not really, just don't assume what you do in lag to work, instead, play based on thought process and mix ups, and perfect that online - decision making and other things are what you take online, not roll/dodge spamming and having people miss on the punish due to lag and then smile about it lol

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Just found my very first "taunt party" of smash 4. Niz, Kirito, y'all were fun. Honestly I thought it would take a lot longer for the more relaxed smashers to find one another in groups. Just goes to show, you really don't know what to expect online. I was that spazzoid Sumia-Lucina who would not calm down lol.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Sky? You mean Skylit? I've faced one Ike this past week lol, could that have been you?
Likely not, their name was just Sky. I played Ike, while Sky was mainly playing WFT. Still, if you happened to be playing an Ike with my name at like 2AM EST the other day, it may have been me =)

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
I just fought a player named Erwin who used Robin and a couple of other characters really well.

Also fought Swag, a really good and dodge happy Link that I couldn't beat with my Samus but could beat with Sonic.

Good games to those two if they come around here.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Played at least 20 matches with Hylian(dunno if it's Hylian88) who used Ganondorf. Would like friendcode.
I play shulk, so no that wasn't me.

ShiroKuma

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-0226-4936
Pbearz(musicnote) i play 2v2 alot and 1v1 if i feel confident. i play green Z.S.S and Red duck duck hunt

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
There was a player yesterday named SHADMAN. He was a powerful Mario. I didn't have enough time to play my whole cast, but he bodied everyone I threw at him except my own Mario, and even then, he took 2/6. I'd love the opportunity to challenge him again.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I played someone named KOMET this morning. We played a bunch of rounds and in almost every single one we both self destructed multiple times. Funny stuff.

And a Pink Villager named Josh on Wednesday beat me pretty good (I was Matt playing as White Shulk). It was closer than I thought looking at the replays but dang you made me fear the villager. Offstage game was too beast. I wanna rematch!

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
...OR you could all use the Search Users option in Miiverse. :T

Well, anyway, I'm usually a default Rosalina or Wii Fit Trainer by the name of Omega★Star.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Edited my name just the slightest to be just a bit more recognizable online. ☆Sassy now, just added the star.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It's Sweq32 in game as well. I usually use Pink Dedede and Pink Falcon in For Glory, but there's a chance I used something else if I did face you.
I don't think I ever faced a Pink Dedede. I did face Pink Falcon though, but it was on the 4th and the player's name was in kanji. I would be glad to play against you one day, though!

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
I played this really good Falco by the name of Alec.

Game one I played with Little Mac, then switched to Shiek, my name is Abdul.

Last edited:

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
KHuo was a really good player I played against, he played with Robin, Bowser and Pikachu.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Miiverse has the ability to search people by their nickname. I do it.
I did not know this.... probably because I avoid all "mii" related content as much as possible lol ever since the Wii I have just always loathed the little jerks. Part of it is mii fatigue, all the countless hours in Wii sports.and Wii resort :ugh:

On topic: so when you search for their name are you able to friend/chat/etc with them? And this is cool but still a bummer you have to leave SSB4 to do this

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I did not know this.... probably because I avoid all "mii" related content as much as possible lol ever since the Wii I have just always loathed the little jerks. Part of it is mii fatigue, all the countless hours in Wii sports.and Wii resort :ugh:

On topic: so when you search for their name are you able to friend/chat/etc with them? And this is cool but still a bummer you have to leave SSB4 to do this
Yes, it lets you go to their profile, comment on their posts, follow, and send friend requests if they have that enabled. Also, you don't necessarily have to leave Smash. Just have Miiverse running on another device.

...And what made the Miis "jerks" to you? :p

D

Deleted member

It's likely. I did play Dorf this morning and I did lose quite hard to a Marth that I was impressed by. First good Smash 4 Marth I encountered. Can't quite remember if we played two games though, because I swear I lost to that Marth and won against that Marth. Did you play the Roy color swap? I use Green 'dorf, and I might have played Shulk or Ike against you.

Fun fact: a book I was writing way back in high school had a character named 'Greyback'.
It must not have been you, I just use the default Marth Colors.
That's pretty funny that you were using the same name in a book

Munchy

Smash Rookie
BOLOU, you don't speak English so uh... Bonjour, je nesse parlé francais.

To Bennie, green Sheik here, the one who tried showing off with Dancing Fish + Teleport at the side of Arena Ferox and lost a stock to it. You played pretty damn well, so keep up the good work!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
...OR you could all use the Search Users option in Miiverse. :T
That's really hit and miss though. The miiverse user search only lets you search for a users NNID which is not always their Mii name, which is what Smash shows. So if there name is like, Matt, or Dave, any kind of actual name, you're probably not gonna find them.

brb as I change my mii name now.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That's really hit and miss though. The miiverse user search only lets you search for a users NNID which is not always their Mii name, which is what Smash shows. So if there name is like, Matt, or Dave, any kind of actual name, you're probably not gonna find them.

brb as I change my mii name now.
They updated it to search Mii Nicknames almost a year ago.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Last night I played against an Eduardo using orange Zero Suit Samus. Played for about an hour going back and forth between Sheik and my Zelda.

I was Nanami.

If you wanna play again, add me please ^_^ it was fun. The connection was pretty good most of the time, too.. always a plus lol.

Last edited:

Daryl

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-1886-6962
I just player Spencer, anyone here ? would like friend code

I was playing Shulk for all the match and you play mostly Yoshi, only last match play little mac.
It was good game

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I had an awesome Lucario partner named Coco for a few matches.
Coco was so good o:

And a Mario named Blue thrown me off stage with his water gun thingy as i buttstomped with Bowser.
I laughed a lot to that, haha <3

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I had an awesome Lucario partner named Coco for a few matches.
Coco was so good o:

And a Mario named Blue thrown me off stage with his water gun thingy as i buttstomped with Bowser.
I laughed a lot to that, haha <3
>OP of the topic about game crashes
>managed to play

Well done, how did you do it ? Anyway, I hope I'll play aganst that Mario. I want to see the new F.L.U.D.D. in action :-P

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
>OP of the topic about game crashes
>managed to play

Well done, how did you do it ? Anyway, I hope I'll play aganst that Mario. I want to see the new F.L.U.D.D. in action :-P
The answer to that question is in that very thread:p
TL.DR: Crashes do not affect the online mode, for some reason.

And yes, Blue was such a little and talented troll with that F.L.U.D.D, he kept attempting to make me fall D:

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
I still find it surprising that no one has encountered me. Am I really that rare to find or just unmemorable? (Yellow-Black Mega Man named Andi as a reminder)
I think I might've played against you yesterday, Black Dr. Mario named Nick. Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I'm pretty sure that you? If it helps you remember I'm pretty sure I killed you with a reflected fsmash or two.

For anyone else, I go by Nick and generally run Black Dr. Mario, Black/Yellow Rosalina, and Black/Orange ROB. Sorry for the camping :^)

Also, shoutout to SYOUTA for being arguably the best player on Ganon I've ever seen. You read me like an open book and even though I got that really cheesy gyro gimp, I've never felt so outplayed in my life. You had an answer for everything.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
If Steysey reads here, those were some intense matches, your Falcon & Rosalina are great!

jviscake

Smash Rookie
More than likely this was me. I changed my name to CCLC and I normally don't stick to one character for too long when playing in longer sets lol, though I'll always try to run my main 3 (Rosa, Zelda, Kirby) before that. Also apologies to anyone I'ved faced and had to bail on after 1 match.
You went Kirby but you never went Rosa or Zelda, did you play the gray Kirby?

BBC7

Smash Ace
I think I might've played against you yesterday, Black Dr. Mario named Nick. Maybe it's just confirmation bias but I'm pretty sure that you? If it helps you remember I'm pretty sure I killed you with a reflected fsmash or two.

For anyone else, I go by Nick and generally run Black Dr. Mario, Black/Yellow Rosalina, and Black/Orange ROB. Sorry for the camping :^)

Also, shoutout to SYOUTA for being arguably the best player on Ganon I've ever seen. You read me like an open book and even though I got that really cheesy gyro gimp, I've never felt so outplayed in my life. You had an answer for everything.
I don't remember fighting any Black Dr. Mario's yesterday, so it was probably some one else. Unless my brother was playing Mega Man online and happened to be facing you, which is unlikely because my brother mains Toon Link and has no idea how to play Mega Man.

SagaTheMeow

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SagaTheNetwork
3DS FC
4399-1366-7597
I fought a white Lucina called Alyssa.

At first, i got her easy with bowser but match after match she kept improving and being more precise...scary!
The only shame is that we seemed to have quite a bit of lag in that room, so eventually i left.

Would be fun to fight again!

Chuchulachu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0705-4368-1189
You went Kirby but you never went Rosa or Zelda, did you play the gray Kirby?
Yup! Now I play yellow Kirby though. If I didn't pick Rosa or Zelda then it's probably because I had JUST picked up Kirby and was learning em.

Top Bottom