• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

AIDS

Smash Lord
How exactly do you JC Shine like people were talking about earlier? I don't play Falco or Fox.
basicly you can jump out of your shine, if you just press down B there is a time you must wait before you exit the move and go back to your regular stance, but you can jump out of your shine, and since jump is involved out of wavedash you can wavedash out of shine, making the move a lot faster. This makes the move very usable for a veriety of differant combo's.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Oh is that all it is? I know that but how do you do it so quickly while staying close to the ground?
Shine right after you jump, then shine again(right away!), do this over and over to multi shine.

or we just short hop out of shield, or wave dash.

im not sure which on of these you mean, probably multishine?

IrArby

Smash Ace
Read the Falco Guide. Watch Combo videos. Put the two together. Theres so much involved in answering your question which is why the guide was created. If you still don't understand some of the terms and how to do them, search youtube for "SSBM Advanced How to Play"

soap

Smash Hero
yo shiz, when u do an aerial shine, then jump and waveland onto a platform, do u cancel shine with button or control stick. i can cancel the shine faster with stick, but to insta platform waveland at any angle besides straight down is kinda tough when using the stick to jump too. should i switch to button or just work on control stick control/speed

IrArby

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Shiz would agree so I'll answer you as best I can. As a space animal, you'll have to become familar with moving your thumb between "X" and "B" so its better in this case to use the "X" button. The Control Stick is better to JC shines if you shine someone up and you want to follow them in the air then dair them with the Cstick. But for jumping onto platforms or for that matter jumping at any other time, its usually a better idea to jump with the "X" button.

I'd reccomend canceling the shine with the X so your free to waveland with the Control stick. With practice, your X button JC will be fast enough that the slight time advantage you have from Control Stick JC will be almost negligible.

soap

Smash Hero
ugh, i never use X for anything, its so far away for me, i use Y for all my jumps/wavedashes/jc grabs etc.

i only control stick jump out of aerial shines cuz its a 1 frame double jump. i find the control stick too fast to jump out of grounded shines.
but anyways i was practicing today after i posted, and i can now get the wavelands real smooth even when i shine right underneath the platforms, and its alot faster than the button jump, i just gotta be real quick with the stick. i think it does make a difference on floaty combos cuz they dont have as much stun, and ill take all the frames i can get. so i solved my own question, but whatever its something u guys could try out if u want

IrArby

Smash Ace
hey whatever works. Also I meant to put Y instead of X since the X button is all the way on the other side. Sorry for the confusion.

demon itachi

Smash Cadet
wuts the best approach against a marth???

also shiz if ur there i heard that some pros practice without the music (just sound effects) how does that help?

IrArby

Smash Ace
I'm sure you've got a lot of this lately DSW, but good shiz against M2K at Fast1. A few people had told me it was epic stuff but I was really impressed by those matches. I don't think I've seen anyone combo M2K's Marth like that not even KDJ.

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
I'm having issues getting shield grabbed out of dair before I can shine. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track to go about fixing it.

I think i'm inconsistently l-canceling (I think due to the fact that the timing is altered when you hit against a shield [correct me if i'm wrong here])
-OR-
I'm hitting the dair too high up on the shield.
-OR-
A combination of both.

What do you think?

IrArby

Smash Ace
I'm no Pro Falco, so someone better may refute, rebuff, or add to what I have to said but, in my humble opinion if you dair with the C-stick and fast fall with the control stick its very easy to make the timing on your L-cancels easier. With this method the only thing you should really have to alter is the time between hitting the dair and fastfalling by hitting down.
Shffling a Dair with no opponent, you can fastfall almost immediately. With a person, you have to wait a bit longer before fastfalling and to dair into someone's shield you have to wait a little longer than that. The timing to L-cancel after you fast fall is still pretty much the same as long as you wait long enough and fast fall at the right time.

Or maybe you L-canceling correctly just not hitting the shine early enough but I doubt thats your problem.

To practice, use an empty controller and turn on starmen which simulates the same timing as a shielding opponent has when you dair them.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
if you already touch the ground you probably missed the l-cancel.

If you're still in the air you didn't fastfall properly or you did the dair too early

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help. I think I just need more practice. The times I got grabbed I definitely wasn't on the ground yet, I think I was just dairing too soon.

--EDIT--

As an afterthought, any tips VS Ganon?

IrArby

Smash Ace
Tips vs Ganon? Laser Camp. He can't close the space on you very quickly. FD (as usual) and Dreamland are definetly your friends here. I'll let more knowledgeable Falcos take it from there.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Watch some vids of Lambchops vs. Linguini.

Well, i don't play vs Ganon very often, but after what i know his strengths are his spacing and his Edgeguard.

So if you get in a shine or something comboing should be easy and his recovery also isn't the best.
Just watch out that you don't get gimped and control the match with your lasers, so he can't hit you with a fair or something to techchase-combo.

@ Jeremy Feifer:
You could improve your platform-game -- shinewavelands etc.
In this match you played a bit too straight forward imo -- you can avoid this by rshling away again (or other laser tricks) or just moving away to be in a better position; wd back or go on a platform for example
It seemed like you have a bit a problem with dashjumping (especially with rshl) -- I had this too, just practice it again in trainingsmode or sth

PS: nice overall techskill; ledgeteching, pillaring etc.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Tee ay Eye: Your sig pretty much sums up half of the things I've said in the Brawl Boards for months.

Question for DaShizWiz: I remember reading in someone else's sig that you use JCshine into a grab which is a really good Falco tech that alot of people neglect to use. As far as I know, the only full proof way to throw a wrench in this tech is for the opponent to lightshield and push you out of grab range.
My question is, do you have specific ways to set up for this tech maybe other than simplly SHL and/or Dair approach into grab range and shine >JCGrab? Its something I want to incorporate even if its a little difficult for me to space it well enough now.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
For me it works best if i do SHL -->shine-->JCgrab
I also like to do bthrow--> walk to the opponent and shine-->JCgrab
It's astonishing how often it works

Also approach with nair more (instead of dair)

PS: sry that i answered altho Im not Shiz =(

puckgood

Smash Journeyman
Why do you care, stalker? Don't make me sic the po
Wow, good to be able to ask a pro these things...

I just got the game maybe a month ago, and am still a noob. I can SHB and shuffle, but that's it pretty much. My friend is a blazed spamming roy- he uses it as an aerial, and since I'm trying to be aggresive I run into it. Please help!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Learning to SHL and shffl is a good start.
Then not trying to run into his neutral b is also a good idea. Bait it and punish him. Don't be aggressive if it doesn't get a good outcome.

BTW more on topic, is the shine reliable at all in comboing really floaty characters like luigi and spamus? I've been trying to use tilts a bit more instead (utilt specifially), but tilts arent as safe to use since they can be CC'd and stuff.
In short: should I keep on trying to combo without the shine, or are there good, reliable shine combos on those characters aswell

Falcinho

Smash Ace
In combos i mainly use it for shinebairs/dairs

Platforms help a bit, but you shouldn't bother if your combos aren't very long, cause if you try to do long combos against them you'll probably eat nairs.

A cool thing is to spike them on the ground and then techchasing them (preferable with another dair to pop them up)

Popping them up with a dair in general is very cool, cause you can chain some shffl'd nairs with bad DI (at low/mid%) or fsmash (at mid/high% i guess) or dair them to techchase or if they have high%s and pop up high you can do a shinebair/uair

IrArby

Smash Ace
Techchase combos are the best. You guys should check out LOZR's combo video in the Melee section with his Falcon Stomps and etc. He calls it TechFollow or something else like it. Dsmash is really good at high percents to tech chase with.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i know this has been address several times in this thread but im too epic lazy to find it...lhdl anyone?

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
i know this has been address several times in this thread but im too epic lazy to find it...lhdl anyone?
Press down, then up, then immediately press B twice. You also have to push very slightly toward the stage when you press up.

Now go try it. The only kind of tricky timing is how fast to hit up after down, just practice a couple times and you'll get it.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Press down, then up, then immediately press B twice. You also have to push very slightly toward the stage when you press up.

Now go try it. The only kind of tricky timing is how fast to hit up after down, just practice a couple times and you'll get it.
Yeah, if you do it too early, then the first laser will be too high.

Does anyone know that trick Bombsoldier does, where he dashes off the ledge, fastfalls, doublejumps, and then double lasers, rinse and repeat? Is that how you execute that move? I could link a vid of him if you want. I've been wondering how to do that for a long time now. I can do it (sorta), it's just sometimes the laser goes too high. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Top Bottom