• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
To smash DI you smash the controll stick in the wished direction while being hit by an attack (that makes you move a bit)

If this doesn't make sense just let a lvl1 cpu hit you with the AAA-Combo and smash the control stick left or right

E: It doesn't work with the c-stick afaik
don't know what afaik is lol but thanks for the tip.

does this apply in brawl too?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Not until certain percentages. At about 20-25% you can di up (and behind) Marth/Fox (don't know about other cgs) and shine before he can grab you again.

You can try DIing every throw different to throw off his timing, but this won't work against a decent chaingrabber =/

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Oh That's no true chaingrab. They should be able to shine before you can do anything.

However i play PAL, so i don't know if it's easy to get out.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Can you give me some tips on pillaring?. When should I switch from shuffled Dair to full-hopped Dair?

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
Shuffla, I think you're thinking about Shine-Dair combos. Pillaring is always SH Dair out of shine for shield pressure.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Shuffla, I think you're thinking about Shine-Dair combos. Pillaring is always SH Dair out of shine for shield pressure.
Wow, thanks, didn't even know.
Smasher, I saw some serious pillaring in this one vid. Try"ssbm hardcore match" on Youtube. Anyway, I can't seem to figure out the right time to switch from shuffled Dairs to full-hopped Dairs. Any tips?

IrArby

Smash Ace
Tips in Falco dittos? How do I DI his combos. Just general tips would be great as I'm not being specific enough for anything in much greater depth. I find that SHL to Shine is good alot of times to reflect their laser and throw them off though I don't see much of that. Thanks in advance.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
@smasher91613: I like to watch this to get the right pillar-timing: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4qTpb-oHU

@IrArby: Always try to win the laser battles (like you said shl-->shine is an option to throw his timing off. Or if he shlers at your shield, you could sh and laser immediately without fastfalling; this way your laser will come out and hit him while doing his next shl) - Just a few ideas, be creative with your laser game. In case your opponent takes the control you can also use platforms to escape.
Learn to shine out of shield (if you haven't already) to counter pillars.
When you get in a combo SDI those dairs and alway DI away unless you want to eat a nair/fair to fsmash at the end of the combo.

Also be careful while pillaring. If your good at it then just go on, but if your pillar isn't good either practice it or choose safer options like shinegrabbing or doing nair/dair against shield--> shine --> sh dair --> DI back to not get shieldgrabbed.

E: And being able to ledgetech is a very good thing in falco dittos

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Are you talking about the shield pressure technique = pillar or did you mean shine-dair-combos?

If you want to watch some combos, just search for dashizwiz on youtube.
Every match of him is like a combovid :laugh:

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
I have a few questions, if anyone could answer that would be great.

Is Laser -> JC Grab punishable? If so, by who? Is it generally useful?

Is there anyway to prevent getting Fair'd by Marth when he plays off your lasers? What do you recommend when Marth goes on an utilt frenzy and you're on the above platform?

Does shine -> JC Grab beat the shieldgrab frame-wise assuming your opponent grabs directly after the shine?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Do you mean you dash after the laser? If so, they can spotdodge and grab you or buffer a roll (or eventually upB out of shield)
If you space the laser so you land right in front of them (and the laser comes out very late/deep) and then grab immediately it's a good approach, maybe it's still dodgeable (donno how much they will lag after the laser) but it at least is very hard to dodge.

when he plays off your lasers? You mean, when he takes the hit and fairs asap? Watch your spacing, shield or CC at low %s
utilt frenzy: Shield and tilt it downwards or lightshield to prevent getting shieldstabbed and then either jump out after he hits your shield and move to the top platform or if you can drop through the platform and hit him with a dair before he can do another utilt.

Yes, sometimes when i can't pillar properly i just do this =D

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't you try to drop through the platform from your shield, hitting him with a dair in his utilts lag?

It'd be kind of tough timing, though, especially with the platform drop.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Actually i was trying to say that but the sentence got too long, lol

Yeah if you can do it, it's probably the best option, but you need really good timing (otherwise he'll just do another utilt before you hit him =/)

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
How exactly does slight DI work? When Marth is chaingrabbing I hear some people like to use it because it makes Marth dash pivot grab, which is easy to screw up.

I've seen some Falco players shine out of chaingrabs as well, so how do you perform that?

Pengie

Smash Lord
Are there any useful things Falco can do out of a pivot? I can pivot kinda consistently and I've been wondering if there's something Falco could do out of it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
whats the best general strategy for fighting a dsmash happy peach? approachign her is fine but sometimes i get ***** by dsmash or when i shine i can only get her with a uair...anythign ican do after the uair?

IrArby

Smash Ace
@Pengie
I beleive pivoting is more useful for characters who use dashdancing more often. Falco usually isn't one of them but your style is your own so . . .

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Are there any useful things Falco can do out of a pivot? I can pivot kinda consistently and I've been wondering if there's something Falco could do out of it.
Well, I only use it to dash away --> pivot fsmash back (good for spacing it imo)

But if you're good at it just try to find a use for it. spaced pivot ftilts should be cool.

@junglefever6478: Against Peach it's better to not approach that much. Pillar only if you're really good at it, cuz like you said you can't really follow up that much and you don't want to get shieldgrabbed =/
Beware of CC--> dsmash and in general every dsmash. DON'T CC IT.

If she's really cheap and only waits for an opportunity to cc-->dsmash just mix your game up.
A dashdance or WD back right in front of her shield can confuse her. And grab now and then.

And i like to counterpick YS. The platforms help you to expand your combos a bit; Eventually you can shine -->DJ ff'd dair-->land on top platform-->shine-->DJ very high and shine as late as possible. It kills at really low %s =D.
Also the stage isn't big enough for her top recovery.

Um yeah and if she likes to dashattack alot, use CC-->fsmash/Dtilt to kill

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
whats the best general strategy for fighting a dsmash happy peach? approachign her is fine but sometimes i get ***** by dsmash or when i shine i can only get her with a uair...anythign ican do after the uair?
Don't Nair her at all. Spam dair to shine, and try to play on a level with platforms. You can platform combo her sort of like Marth...

General rule still stands: Spam dair so she can't CC it at any percent to punish you, and laser to grab because grabs are cool. Fthrow her to the end of the stage and dair her more.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
haha raynex i meant good lookin out...essentially thank you

kiko double jumping aftera shine is situational depending on what character you are playing and what percentage they are at.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Usually only if your shine hit and you can follow up better with a DJ.

Like combos against Marth/Peach etc.: shine-->DJ--> spike them and land on platform-->utilt/shine/sth

Top Bottom