• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Yeah, but in PAL Marth is just a bit floatier and that's enough for making such combos impossible (well, against someone who doesn't suck)

=(

But if you can do it like that, go for it!!!

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
**** MELEE AND **** BRAWL

:D lol but seriously its so annoying. i got good at brawl and would always kick my brothers *** then suddenly he starts being fox and can beat me falco.

now i get more into melee and my falco generally beats his link, he switches to fox and starts kicking my *** when he barely even plays. i mean i guess i generally only play when he's around now that im really busy with school but its so annoying cause the last time he was here i beat him so badly when he was fox

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
**** MELEE AND **** BRAWL

:D lol but seriously its so annoying. i got good at brawl and would always kick my brothers *** then suddenly he starts being fox and can beat me falco.

now i get more into melee and my falco generally beats his link, he switches to fox and starts kicking my *** when he barely even plays. i mean i guess i generally only play when he's around now that im really busy with school but its so annoying cause the last time he was here i beat him so badly when he was fox
pick Sheik.

auto win.

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
very general question here:

i started playing falco as my main for about 2 weeks now, and im getting the techs down pretty fast
i used to main samus, so I was very much used to wavedash backwards->smash sort of stuff because of her good wd
does falco's wd allow for the same kind of evasion? or is it just used to better link attacks (like nair->wd->smash sort of stuff)
i havent quite been able to use falco's wd for evasion purposes...then again id consider myself noob with him...

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
nair to WD is not the way to go. I'm not joking when I say almost every aerial should be followed by either a Shine or utilt.

If you miss the initial aerial, buffer a roll and try again. :laugh:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Basically, if you're having problems with Falco, gimp him.

Or pick Sheik.

Auto-win.

edit: Bernie wtf no if he misses Nair don't buffer roll you buffer Sheik it's a much better strategy and all the pros do it and it does like massive damage. Buffering Sheik is broken.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
loll. At higher levels of play its definitely gets harder to play Sheik effectively. Ams have an easier time using Sheik vs. other Ams because dsmash is so game-breaking.

Can't forget ftilt to fair. Sheik is the ultimate counterpick for amateurs everywhere. haha

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
so...are you asking for help with how to beat him? or...what?
haha i guess so yea

pick Sheik.

auto win.
lol surprisingly when i was sheik and he was fox he barely beat me. I have no clue what im doing with sheik though and always thought she sucked..we took 4.5 min. to finish a 3 stock battle because we were just dodging, running, quick hit, repeat the whole time lol

anyway tips would be nice. when im falco and he's fox sometimes he just owns me. we dodge and he gets the first hit, we keep dodging again and he hits me and keeps basically winning the little matches within the battle. very annoying lol

i havent been able to apply wavedashing at all but i suck at it still so i guess theres that..

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Wavedashing into grabs is a good way to incorporate WDing. Falco's shine comboes own Fox. Badly. Watch some vids, and you'll see what I mean. Practice shuffling Dairs into shines, they are a great way to tack on damage. Start the comboes with a shine, this makes it nearly impossible for an early escape. Use the SHL to get in his space to get ready for the combo.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
i have such a hard time doing that, i dont even get how i can use shling to "space". i mean i could picture it i guess but the lasers in this game seem less effective for me than in brawl, i get maybe one hit it then get hit with a more powerful attack.

i also really have to practive L canceling because i can't do it and obviously cant shffl.

i really want to have someone to practice with..anyone here going to that rutgers thing this saturday? hopefully someone there can practice with me

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Falco's lasers control the movement of his opponent. To solve this, your foe will either shield, jump, or take the hit (some will do this). When you fastfall during the SHL, you can attack RIGHT after your foe gets hit. He takes the hit, you shine. 50%. Watch out for Fox's grabs, though. His chainthrows are deadly.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
Falco's lasers control the movement of his opponent. To solve this, your foe will either shield, jump, or take the hit (some will do this). When you fastfall during the SHL, you can attack RIGHT after your foe gets hit. He takes the hit, you shine. 50%. Watch out for Fox's grabs, though. His chainthrows are deadly.
alright luckily my brother doesn't know of them. i guess i just have to practice all this stuff on my own to get good at it :(. really want to get L cancelling down to the point where i can use it on any attack, especially my dair. i need to be more consistent with SHing too

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
l cancelling is crucial or else your going to get shield grabbed everytime....shl into a grab is good...i like to shl into a shine too (multishine if you can)...if hes standing there waiting for you to **** up an l cancel...you can always mindgame it by retreat shl...once you get that first shine in my basic combo is waveshine dair utilt waveshine dair shine bair...like 84% i think? from how it sounds that should work on him...

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
^^^ That sounds like a disgusting combo. *writes it down*

Smasher, for L-canceling practice irst go to Training Mode, pick Link, and choose FD(no distractions). Practice L-canceling his Dair in 1/4 speed. This will show you how much faster it is. Then you practice with Falco, and see the difference. You can also try Fox's Dair in normal speed. It comboes directly into the shine if L-canceled properly.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
l cancelling is crucial or else your going to get shield grabbed everytime....shl into a grab is good...i like to shl into a shine too (multishine if you can)...if hes standing there waiting for you to **** up an l cancel...you can always mindgame it by retreat shl...once you get that first shine in my basic combo is waveshine dair utilt waveshine dair shine bair...like 84% i think? from how it sounds that should work on him...
lmao i could not even begin to get that. i mean i understand it but im so far from that level. how could you shl into a grab? wouldn't you be right next to him? i thought lasers were generally just from far away. my brother doesn't even know what shield grabbing is lol so i luckily wouldnt have to worry about that.

i need to have some specific things to practice or it probably wont happen
so..
1. wavedashing (i really need to get good at doing things from a wavedash)
2. l-cancelling. guess i should practice that in practice mode
3. short hopping.

heres another problem that just came to mind. my brother is really predictable with link but i still cant stop it sometimes. i'll try to short hop into a nair, he shields and when i hit the group he takes his shield off and does that annoying up B every time which is why i just never sh against him and always do dairs from above

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Oh no, my friend, close range lasers are what make Falco so deadly. SHL, and while he is in stun, give him a jump-canceled grab( JC grab). Practice shuffling into shines to prevent shield grabbers, and the shine has a faster come out time than Link's up B. Also, you can shuffle Dairs into shines, and then do a JC grab right out of the shine. Can't stop it.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
errrr....depends onw hat you mean ...like for spacies/falcon/shiek i waveshine at low percentages and im working on it against marth like eggm :/... when you say jump cancel do you mean like just jumping right out of it or like multishines? at high percentages or when u want to shine bair or dair ftw u need to jc really fast...i use multishines like...dair into a shield l cancel shine jc shine...

smasher dont do anything at 1/4 speed because then you have to get used to it at a faster setting...what i did is i took my main at the time (Marth) on FD and took a dead controller to play as my opponent then i just learned to l cancel nothing...then i put a lvl 1 comp so i could learn to l cancel against like a player (different timing)...then for practicing against shields i just put starmen on realyl high so i got the feel of what it would be like to hit a shield...

for link just spam laser until u get close enough to grab, dair or nair... and go from there...the lasers will take care of the up b

falcos wavedash is quite hilarious....i dont do alot with it except run around and do funny ****...the only real thing i do is i wavedash back shl, waveshine, or wavedash edge hog...other wise i use it to mindgame on an approach (except against falco dittos) i.e. dd, wavedash shine shl shine wavedash back dd...**** like that

anyway something you should also learn how to do smasher is learn how to play the platforms...like utilting the link onto a platform then lh dair, shine bair...

Leiferouis

Smash Rookie
Smasher: you should try going into battle against level 1 cpus and just practice your shffl or lcancel or waveshining or any other techniques. Thats what i did. took me like a week to get most of falco's techniques down.

As mentioned above, I've got most of falco's techniques down (except double laser from ledge). My problem is comboing... whenever I go into a battle I instinctively just SHL to opponent and start the shine --> dair --> shine --> dair combo which is pretty weak cuz if they DI good then its done for. I tried shffling dair into shine, but other than puting pressure on shield i don't know how else to use it cuz its pretty much just like the shine --> dair combo i always use. Also, sometimes when i shffl dair, i land away from him (probably cuz i dash into it). So how would I expand my comboing, fasten my game and make my falco look falshier?

Oh just a random question, my friend said that this guy he played always chain grabbed him with falco. I never really heard of falco having an exceptional chain grab is it his down grab?

Vro

Smash Lord
Falco's only chaingrab is a pseudo grab on Fox. It doesn't really work.

What you've mentioned in combing is just going into auto pilot. All Falcos do it, so don't sweat it. If they DI make sure you wave dash quickly out of your shine to follow their DI. It really isn't that hard and can get a free 30% on nearly all the cast. To get faster in general is to do what you've explained in your response. Practice more alone and make sure you play every opportunity with other players you can.

Leiferouis

Smash Rookie
what about shffling dair into shine combos? I dont really see how that's different from the normal dair ---> shine combo.

also I can never seem to double laser from ledge dunno how to move thumb from x to b quick enough.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
uhm...what? its completely differnet from a normal dair...you can get jabbed at low percentages...also if your opponent is shielding and you dont l cancel it's an auto shield grab

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Truth. L-canceling is the most important AT, IMHO. Can Falco's Nair be used as a lead in, or should I stop trying to apply Fox stuff to Falco?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
no nair is also a viable option to mix things up...hahaha sometimes if you can catch them off guard/with bad di at like higher % u can chain weak nairs into dair ftw

Leiferouis

Smash Rookie
I know shffled dair is safer im just saying in terms of combo options. Like does shffled dair open up different combo options than normal dair assuming that both hit safetly.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
theoretically...no. but its faster obviously to shffl a dair into a shine...which is what every falco player wants right? :D

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Shuffled Dair gets you back to the ground faster and gives your foe less time to escape. This is why Falco's shine combos are so effective against fast-fallers.

IrArby

Smash Ace
For Ledgehop double laser drop with the Control Stick and flick the control stick up to jump. I stress flick since you've gotta have the control stick nuetral to shot laser. Once you shooting lasers though, you're free to DI foward onstage without Phantasming. You'll need a little practice to get confident with how low to drop and when to jump. Ideally, both lasers will be around the same height not far above the level.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
i think this will be useful for me...

How did you guys get to the point where you were good enough to do AT's as 2nd nature?

At this point i really have to get better at wavedashing, L-cancelling, and a few other things but i really can't put it into practice at all during a real match. was it something you learned while playing or did you have to spend a lot of time in practice mode getting it down?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Just forget about winning and focus on incorporating advanced techs in player matches.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yeah your first couple of matches you'll probably get destroyed trying to incorporate them...but as soon as you learn how to do it you'll be fine...as time goes on it'll become second nature to you.

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
so would you suggest getting them completely down in practice modes and then practice applying them in matches against computers or something?

i know generally you don't want to practice against computers but it seems like it wouldn't hurt if all your trying to do is get an AT done on a moving/attacking component. (plus i couldnt stand losing a real match against someone if i knew i could really win :chuckle:)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
uhhhhhm i practiced first against a dead controller to get the timing down...then against lvl 1's...then agaginst people

Top Bottom