• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yep, espicially with your approach. Players who never RSHL and try to be a mini-Bombsoldier are going to get owned if they're fighting a decent player.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
When did this get stickied?

Edit: To everyone, one of the main reasons I don't help much is because I dont have internet at my house.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Shiz should get internet at his house Juss Sayin BTW KC is gonna put up vids of My falco in a week dont flame too hard cuz Ive only been playin 4 8 months

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
Something that I saw dope doing is reflecting before doing his mid air jump when recovering, and I've been doing it also and it seems to give me a lot more distance on his recovery. How come a lot of pro falcos don't use this tactic?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Doing it doesn't actually increase the distance of your recovery though. If he meant to ask why more pros don't shine after getting hit its most likely just something he doesn't see, but pros do attempt it(or at least I assume they do. Bombsoldier certainly does); it just isn't something that happens often.

Repryx

Smash Champion
GO BACK TO AFRICA ASIAN lolz No jk It only does when you've been swatted at a certain force level

terr13

Smash Journeyman
I would say it increases the distance of your recovery in the sense that you can suriveve from getting hit further off the stage.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
But its not allowing you to survive getting hit further off the stage; it is decreasing the distance you get hit away from the stage. You wouldn't say that teching increases recovery would you?

LoudGhost!

Smash Cadet
Do you have any tips on DrillShining?

Thats the only technical thing i'm having trouble with and i'm pretty sure its important.

And do you have any good mindgames you would like to share? :]

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Drillshining is a term that's only associated with Fox's d-air to shine combo.

Practice is the only way to really get better at it; try using the c-stick to perform the d-air as some people find it easier to fast fall correctly when you use both sticks to perform the combo.

Falco players don't use mindgames. Mindgames are reserved only for Falco pros.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Do you have any tips on DrillShining?

Thats the only technical thing i'm having trouble with and i'm pretty sure its important.

And do you have any good mindgames you would like to share? :]
Mindgames are something that cannot be shared. They are something that is integrated into your mental gamplay pipeline. Think of it like a vertex shader.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
for mindgames, you have to understand your opponent. be one step ahead in the game. watch your opponent play, and find a weak point in his/her game; then exploit it.

ie.: if your opponent plays sheik a lot, and they rarely grab, then start shffl'ing crazily, because chances are, they wont shield grab you. unless they have mindgames too ;) then they will shield grab you out of the blue and hurt you =)

idk if its a good example, or even the right type of thing. but thats how i my mind works.

Adi

Smash Lord
Eh, it doesn't work too well, Jiggs is kind of a hard target to hit and his too much aerial vulnerability. She can take advantage of your laser lag if she's smart. In my tournament match I eventually just resorted to a lot of tilt and bair spammage because high pressure laser and dairs weren't working out too well. That strategy actually worked out well but I think that's partly because the Jiggs player wasn't the best.

Anyways I'm just curious if there's any clear cut strategy..

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Well, be prepard for some Fairs coming at you. Almost every Jiggly player will end up SHFairing you from my experiences.
I don't really see why you have troubles spamming lasers at Jiggs? It works great for me.

Another thing that seems to work is[Note: don't do this all the time!]just shield a Fair and jump out to a Bair or Nair[pending on if they passed you or not]. I then just run into a SHDair and go wherever the combo leads me..

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Hey I've just recently picked up falco. I Can do most of his technical stuff but I wanna know if Hitting your opponent with a certain part of the shine sends them a certain way (unless they DI).

Also Where is the best place to land the shine and jc shine???

Doesn't matter where you hit them with the shine.
If they DI towards the side the shine hit them on, they will go further. If they DI behind you after getting hit, they will go about as far as they would if they didn't DI and went forward from it. That being about half as far as if they DId away.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Thanks i'll try to use that to help string some more combos next time i train.

Is it worth wavedashing to a (jc grab/attack/shine) after the SHL or should I just SHL (jc grab/attack/shine)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
If you're SHing towards your opponent, would it be possible to Bair (wrong direction) so that the opponent won't be knocked away too far to follow up with a Fsmash or something?

Or is a Dair simply better?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter where you hit them with the shine.
If they DI towards the side the shine hit them on, they will go further. If they DI behind you after getting hit, they will go about as far as they would if they didn't DI and went forward from it. That being about half as far as if they DId away.
Smash is like Algebra lolz

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
What is the best thing to do to an opponent who constantly uses A to get up. Also what would be the best thing to do against someone who always gets up from an edge with A

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Shieldgrab them? or if they're doing it from the ledge, you know when they're going to stop the animation, and you can punish it. I think shieldgrab is the best option though.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You can also shield, jump, shine, and bair if you want to be a bad *** about it.

Steend

Smash Rookie
shiz i could use some help on what to do for pillaring and other things like wave shineing ect. so if u could help me out that would be cool oh and double lazering while jumping on the edge

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
..Well, be prepard for some Fairs coming at you. Almost every Jiggly player will end up SHFairing you from my experiences.
I don't really see why you have troubles spamming lasers at Jiggs? It works great for me.

Another thing that seems to work is[Note: don't do this all the time!]just shield a Fair and jump out to a Bair or Nair[pending on if they passed you or not]. I then just run into a SHDair and go wherever the combo leads me..
lol every jiggly will try to uthrow to b-down at 0% for the kill

Adi

Smash Lord
Thanks i'll try to use that to help string some more combos next time i train.

Is it worth wavedashing to a (jc grab/attack/shine) after the SHL or should I just SHL (jc grab/attack/shine)
Unless they have some means of reflecting your lasers or they're really close you should always string your attacks with SHL.

If you're SHing towards your opponent, would it be possible to Bair (wrong direction) so that the opponent won't be knocked away too far to follow up with a Fsmash or something?

Or is a Dair simply better?
Uhh, there'd be no point. You could just dair - jab -fsmash if you really wanted to.

shiz i could use some help on what to do for pillaring and other things like wave shineing ect. so if u could help me out that would be cool oh and double lazering while jumping on the edge
All these things are discussed in the guide in the sticky, use it.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
You can run a little bit past them and then SHFFL a Bair at them at higher percentages.

Top Bottom