• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

mathos

Smash Champion
Pish I bet he can't comsume at the rate I'll be firing.

No one plays old games seriously competitive, who runs around making 64 tournaments and being successful at them.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Melee wont be old for another like 2 months watch it Mathos Lasers!

BTW Wario is a Fat*** What do you think about that?

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
I know that bombsoldier fight vs ken but he lose the tournomet but his falco was kicking his marth but I will like that falco could win vs a marth and I have try but I have to use the same stradegy like bombsoldier .
what do you recoment me to do :
use the blaster much more!?

or use the combo !?

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
use lasers for spacing and trying to catch your opponent off guard for 1 sec, thats when you jump in for a SHFFL d-air -> (and why dont you just work on the rest yourself cuz its just based on adaptation and improv)

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
What is the easiest way to shfflc with Falco and how should I incorporate it in matches and strategies?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Go yo youtube and look up "MAthos Lasers" and you should see what you are lookin 4!

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
You can Dair -> Shine -> Bair her. Samus is difficult to combo because she floats a fair bit, and her neutral air is a great combo stopper. Just look for openings between lasers to Dair her. You will probably kill her with a Shine to Dair at High percents near the edge, and Bairs and Uairs are decent options for KO's too.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Yo Shiz I've seen your video, it was insanely good. From waveshines, to SH Uairs, to L-cancels all nearly perfect! Do you have any tips on KOing Links? it's cuz I'm planning to go over this guy's house tomorrow, says he's a Link master. Sooo got any tips?
Oh by the way I applaud your performance, the Falco-ist and the quick-footed Fox.
You have my respect.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^ To you Id say watch the Projectile spam and up-b...Jump out of your sheild and atack and draw out certain laggy attacks

Salaad

Smash Ace
If he likes to UpB spam, just fake him out and punish him for the lag time..Or just stop it with a laser. You can Short hop towards him and waveland backwards if you want. For projectiles I just Shine and jump out of it when they're near.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
hey i ve been seeing a lot of videos of falco's edge guard against sheik so i have a few question.

a.) sheik's teleport is invincible through out most of the sequence and you can only hold onto the edge for approximately 3 secs at most (according to my friends), how would you guys actually force sheik onto stage.

b.) Whats the best sequence of move to counter them depending on where they land, assuming you have no clear no idea where they are going to land? --->
b1.) how do you guys tell where the players are going to land (for those with high tech skills but only decent mind games)....
b2.) What move do you do to respond to where they land?

terr13

Smash Journeyman
You can hold on longer than 3 seconds. Just roll as they disappear, so if they aim for the ledge you're still in the rolling animation. Usually, this will give you enough time to see where they're landing so you can F-Smash or D-smash them. If they land above you on a platform, you can Bair them. Sheik has a lot of landing lag that you can take advantage of.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Firefox Stall or Edge drop stall to get invincibility, so if they try to explode on you, you're invincible. This will force them onto the stage where you can now Ledge Hop a Bair if they are close enough to the stage edge or downsmash them. If you don't kill them, rinse and repeat. Just don't screw up and get caught by her up+b.

capncone

Smash Apprentice
I've got a question on behalf of my friend. I sometimes play jigglypuff and he's falco, and I always just b-throw to bair to bair and he's dead. How do you avoid this? I'm not a falco player, so I have no idea how easy/hard this is to get out of.

xeno

Smash Ace
Um.. that was meant to go to the sydney smash thread about playing chess.. disregard. Thanks!

Adi

Smash Lord
Combo and avoid being combo'd ^_^.

Seriously, that question is way to general, is there any specific thing that's getting you?

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
I have got most of the technical abilities on falco down, but the only thing that has been really bothering me is the LHDL i just can't seem to pull it off and id really appreciate it if i could get different methods in how to pull it off.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lolz Mathos you should go x2 on the Lasers so you can keep an opponent at bay while drawing them towards you....and remember always C-stick your nairs

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I have a question

what should I do against a sheik that likes to camp at the bottom parts of corneria?

mathos

Smash Champion
Corneria should be banned for that reason. But yea either camp him from the top or try not to get in a position to where you have to chase him. And if they're friendlies then tell him to stop being a scrub and play the game, or you can lower the time limit so you don't have to wait forever.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Feint going down then wall jump or RSHL on your way down then say "eat Hot Laser" as you Laser spam sheik in the corner

Omegacloud

Smash Rookie
Yo Shiz, I'm new to this site and from what I've read it sounds like you got your Falco down packed. I participated in the SSBM tourny in Trenton, NJ on 10/7/07, there were only like 20 peeps there but alot of them were average players. I came in 2nd place, but there was one guy who beat me with Sheik. whenever I tried to catch him with a combo he'd easily just grab me and constantly push me off the edge and then jump out and punch me. The reason he started doing that was because he couldn't hit me due to my shuffling with Falco's gun. I'm just wondering is there anyway possible that I can somehow damage them without trying to grab?

Adi

Smash Lord
Hey, anyone have any particular advice on how one should edgeguard Mario. I'm having some trouble dealing with fireballs when he comes back so I'm usually forced to either edgehog or just wait off the edge. Anyone else have particular advice.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I would suggest edge stalling. Or just be proactive, and when he's in range, do a dair and recover. I think Dair should out prioritize him. You can also do a wall jumped Dair to give it some reach of the stage.

-PM-

Smash Ace
so like i asked the fox boards who would be better as a secondary fox or falco cause i play mario and when i go against like peach, marth, and some other characters that are just annoying its just to hard to beat them so i want to know who do you think is better falco or fox for a secondary im already equal skilled with them both except i cant double SHL with fox and i cant L coming up from an edge to well but besides that there about the same in skill

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hey, anyone have any particular advice on how one should edgeguard Mario. I'm having some trouble dealing with fireballs when he comes back so I'm usually forced to either edgehog or just wait off the edge. Anyone else have particular advice.
Flamestall, or use another method to refresh your invincibility frames, if possible. A ledgehopped bair will eat through fireballs and most other stuff.

Adi

Smash Lord
so like i asked the fox boards who would be better as a secondary fox or falco cause i play mario and when i go against like peach, marth, and some other characters that are just annoying its just to hard to beat them so i want to know who do you think is better falco or fox for a secondary im already equal skilled with them both except i cant double SHL with fox and i cant L coming up from an edge to well but besides that there about the same in skill
This is really personal preference, but most players will tell you that Fox will do better against Peach and Marth than Falco but you should do what feels right to you.

Hydro Kirby said:
Flamestall, or use another method to refresh your invincibility frames, if possible. A ledgehopped bair will eat through fireballs and most other stuff.
Thanks, that edgehog in my post was meant to be a edgehop, but flamestall definetly sounds like a superior idea. I'll experiment with wall-jumped dair as well but I feel it's kind of risky.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
i am really good with falco and have mastered most of the technical aspects with him my only question isn't so much about technique so much as just a why does this happen, sometimes if i shuair after a shine combo the opponent will get ***** off the top of the screen, however other times i will do that and it will barely hit the opponent at all and he is actually able to land before me and punish me. it doesn't happen all the time but every once in a while it does and it really pisses me off. idk if anyone else has this happen or knows why but if you could tell me that would be great. thanks nice vids shiz!!!

Adi

Smash Lord
If you hit with the uair to the point where your body is basically touching the opponent it will just do damage and minimal knockback while using upair at the longest range of your legs does the reverse, doing less damage but higher knockback.

Top Bottom