• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
Against Marth's CG

I've seen comps sometimes be able to wobble out of it and nair b4 marth continues his grabs.

Is that the best way or should i wait for the opportunity to tech out of it (he misses the grab)

But say he does not miss 80% of the time

Is it humanely possible to get that nair off? cuz if you look at comps sometimes with pika, holy that standing a is a Gattling Gun

Adi

Smash Lord
I'll re-state my question...

Adi said:
Hey I'm having some trouble DIing Fox's combos on me. Should I try to DI up/wiggle out and jump out ASAP, or should I just lean to the extremes and escape via teching on the ground. Thanks ahead of time.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
ye i'd like a response too, unless you were saying to look behind thread pages for it o.o

*edit*

also, can someone give me feedback on fsmash

when you hit them last frames, think of parabola, but den it rotates depending on damage. If the person fails to sweetspot edge (say falco) and you hit em, it sends them in that pattern. It usually works on them at low percentages as well

Should I used the last frames thingy of f-smash? Seems fitting to me because if you miss so you have little downtime since your almost finishing the move.

FEEDBACK PLZ!!!

Adi

Smash Lord
Well I talked to a friend about it and he said it's really situational but there's a couple of general guiding principles.

Up until 30% you can't really do much about the chain throw, so just DI to extreme left/right and try to tech it hoping they miss. Mixing it up is a good thing and if the platforms are really low go for it. Once you're past 30% you can DI up and shine/jump out of it really quickly, however if they are predicting it they can easily upsmash you on your way back down before you get the shine. If you do a bit to the left/right (generally aiming for the backend of Fox) you'll get hit by the weaker portion of it and not get ***** so that's a good option if you want to escape. Uptilts can own you though if you choose to just DI straight up and they lead into other combos. In any case the best strategy is mixing it up, aim for the platforms and try to tech when you can, and just adapt to what you think your opponent will do.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
You need to shoot a laser after the 4th one. The stun should give you enough time to place a fifth dash attack in.
wait at what percentage this combo works? I only get 3 dash attacks at most usually and then I switch to nair and lose my combo.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
And Adi, I'm resonably sure that for fox's upthrow->uair your best shot is to smash DI to left or right... for general fox combo's I have no clue... but as you surely know DI perpendicular goes the farthest so that's oftenly the best I think.

But I must say I have not much of a clue more than what I've just stated.

Edit: I just read you already said that left/right was best >___>

sorry I'm of no help to you.

darkshy

Smash Ace
This has porbably been asked before, but I hope it has not. about how fast do you have to switch between jump and shine to shine canel? I try but I end up jumping then shining again.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Dont quote me on it, but I think it is 7frames.

Regardless, you have to shine before you actually jump.

Sinensis

Smash Cadet
Either up on control stick, or x,y to jump out of/cancel shine. Depends on the situation...... if I'm going to use multiple JC shines, I like to use x or y to cancel my first shine, so I can keep holding down on the control stick and execute another shine quickly. Not sure if that is what your asking though...?

LordZosh

Smash Rookie
okay.. I'm going to sound dumb.. but I've read all on falcos shine combos, L cancelling, and even watched youtube videos on it...

I've tried it multiple times, and I still can't seem to perform the L cancel right... I can do it with marth, ganondorf, bowser and link fine... but compared to videos I have seen and combos done, it doesn't even remotely compare to how fast they do it.. (and yes.. I know some internet videos are purposely sped up by video editing applications).

I think I'm doing the L cancel wrong, or the timing of the shine or something... help anyone?

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
just practice with fox in training mode. do a drill kick (down air), l-cancel when you land and shine right after. If you time it right, the 'consecutive hits' box says more than 1. After a while you should be getting this, and then after a little longer while you should be getting this consistently.

Also, normally try using the cstick for downair with fox/falco, but this is impossible in training mode >_>

dawn001

Smash Ace
okay.. I'm going to sound dumb.. but I've read all on falcos shine combos, L cancelling, and even watched youtube videos on it...

I've tried it multiple times, and I still can't seem to perform the L cancel right... I can do it with marth, ganondorf, bowser and link fine... but compared to videos I have seen and combos done, it doesn't even remotely compare to how fast they do it.. (and yes.. I know some internet videos are purposely sped up by video editing applications).

I think I'm doing the L cancel wrong, or the timing of the shine or something... help anyone?
HHMMM well this is how i would do it so see if i was really L-canceling ..

first ill go to training mode then i would normally do regular drills with fox then i would try to do it with the L-cancel thats how you know if you are doing right ....but my advice to you would be that when you use a Arial attack as soon as your character falls and it makes that little fog on there feet under them thats when you press the L-to cancel it..but really is all practice with practice you will succeed!!

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Lordzosh, try playing at 1/4 of the normal speed in training and try to nail combos at that speed, then move to 1/2 speed and finally full speed. Don't be embaressed by not being able to perform combos perfectly, you just need to keep practicing and the easiest way (I find) is to start at slower speeds. Hope I helped. Psy.

LordZosh

Smash Rookie
okay, thanks everyone, your advice really helped :)

I'm still not perfect at it, but as you all said, it requires much practice.. using 1/4 speed really helps with the timing too. Thanks!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Hey. Can someone help me with comboing marth. I know that it's usually (typically) dair shine full jump dair utilt but I'm having trouble with the timing. So say I dair waveshine a marth how should the timing be for the next dair + fastfall. Thanks

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
HHMMM well this is how i would do it so see if i was really L-canceling ..

first ill go to training mode then i would normally do regular drills with fox then i would try to do it with the L-cancel thats how you know if you are doing right ....but my advice to you would be that when you use a Arial attack as soon as your character falls and it makes that little fog on there feet under them thats when you press the L-to cancel it..but really is all practice with practice you will succeed!!
Most vids aren't sped up at all actually. don't forget to wait a bit after the dair and then fast fall and l cancel cos of the hitlag.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ok, I looked through as much of this as I could, if it's already been answered I'm sorry. Evry time I play against my bro as Fox or Doc, I try to get close to him, or when I move away from him, I SHL and he simply reflects them, then gets close and attacks or continues to sit there and reflect or cape(even if I'm approaching with it.) What is the best way to deal with this?

Cinder

Smash Master
Ok, I looked through as much of this as I could, if it's already been answered I'm sorry. Evry time I play against my bro as Fox or Doc, I try to get close to him, or when I move away from him, I SHL and he simply reflects them, then gets close and attacks or continues to sit there and reflect or cape(even if I'm approaching with it.) What is the best way to deal with this?
I'm not that good, so I'm not sure I can be of much help, but I think you should fake him out...do an empty jump to make him think you're gonna shoot...then when he deflects, start back up, or grab him...that, I think, will work on Doc, but I doubt it'd do much good on Fox...you could also just shine it back...

btw...I need major help...I don't even know where to begin...*sigh*...I know the advanced techs like the back of my hand (*looks at hand* OMG, WTF is that?!?!)...but I can't pillar unless my opponents don't DI, my SHL is way too high and slow, and other than that, I guess I'm okay...except for matchups (need Link/Marth/Jiggs/IC help, plz)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I guess I will have to mix it up, any specific suggestions wil aslo be appreciated. Cinder, you could always just WD out of shield to continue pillaring. Marth, Jiggs, and ICs, to me, are best fought by faking them out and being patient, spamming SHL a little bit. As for Link, I would assume the best thing to do would be to apply lots of pressure to keep him from utilizing all of those projectiles, just don't be reckless.

Cinder

Smash Master
I guess I will have to mix it up, any specific suggestions wil aslo be appreciated. Cinder, you could always just WD out of shield to continue pillaring. Marth, Jiggs, and ICs, to me, are best fought by faking them out and being patient, spamming SHL a little bit. As for Link, I would assume the best thing to do would be to apply lots of pressure to keep him from utilizing all of those projectiles, just don't be reckless.
Thanks for the tip...but the problem when I pillar is that, sometimes (not a lot now that I think of it:ohwell:), my opponent will DI from the shine, causing the d-air to miss...and thanks, I'll take the character matchups to heart, but can someone give more specific advice? Stages?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Pillaring is the process of grinding away at one's shield using shuffled aerials and shines.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Its better to just keep Multishining but yeah a SHFFLed Dair>Shine works too

(I can do Dair Shine>Shine Dair YEAH)

kook321

Smash Apprentice
How do u shine repeatively fast? when i try to repeatively shine its really slow but i see a other people doing it, they do it fast.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
I tend to get shield grabbed when I d-air in front of my opponent?

Would these work?:
-D-airing at the same time as the fast fall (i.e. reducing the time they have to SG me)
-N-airs and b-airs
a. Would this even work any differently from d-airing? Right now I don't see why I won't get shieldgrabbed when I n-air or b-air anyway D:
-Aerialing PAST them

Cinder

Smash Master
I got a quick question...what's the best way to approach a Link? I have a feeling SHL is involved, but I'm just curious...

And btw...what does RSHL stand for? I would think Reverse SHL, but idk for sure...and FH3L...don't know that one either...they're in the guide, though, aren't they? I guess I'll check there...

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
hey,all i just got really into smash bout 6 months ago and nvr really found out tht it was big but i need some help wit fightin a samus or my frnds smaus i shud say cuz i just cant play him cuz i havent got the wave dashin down tht well and he just simply owns me so does anybody get me a lil advice

Cinder

Smash Master
^My God! I could barely understand a word of that:confused:...are you asking for advice on dealing with Samus? If so, all I know is that SHL is your friend...always...and learn to WD...I did manage to catch that...
Seriously, for Samus, check the Matchup guide...she's on there...

Btw...I figured out what RSHL and FH3L mean, so don't bother (for those here who don't know, REVERSE Short Hop Laser and Full Hop Triple Laser, respectively)

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
cinder: RSHL is reverse. FH3L no idea.

you are ugly: these work:
-D-airing earlier
-N-airs/Dairs ->lcancel->shine ->jc grab... instead of just jumping and doing the same, which can be shieldgrabbed if timed well, shine->jcgrab is unshieldgrabbable
-Aerialing PAST them. This works... but your approach will be suckier.

Also make sure you don't miss lcancels. I think the bair has less shield stun (someone told me this once) but he wasn't sure and so I'm not either.

kook: to shine repeatedly I use the stick, make sure you don't upB though. But I find it easier that way.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
cinder: RSHL is reverse. FH3L no idea.

you are ugly: these work:
-D-airing earlier
-N-airs/Dairs ->lcancel->shine ->jc grab... instead of just jumping and doing the same, which can be shieldgrabbed if timed well, shine->jcgrab is unshieldgrabbable
-Aerialing PAST them. This works... but your approach will be suckier.

Also make sure you don't miss lcancels. I think the bair has less shield stun (someone told me this once) but he wasn't sure and so I'm not either.

kook: to shine repeatedly I use the stick, make sure you don't upB though. But I find it easier that way.
FH3L=Full Hopped3(Triple)Lasers

Top Bottom