• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Cinder

Smash Master
working on it, I just have to find a tri pod and Im good
FYI, it'd be better to shell out for a capture card...

btw, I have a random question...I plan to make a Falco combo vid, and I can't think of a really good song...any suggestions? I was thinking of using Aymui Hamasaki's Evolution paired with another song...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I could go in and edit his wiki so that his main is listed as Pichu.

SmashWiki isn't a credible source for anything.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Actually He is Semi-retired...He is trying to attend pound 3 and he goes to the occasional in FL (He had ALL dis money on myspace)

He Doesnt play to the point that it interferes with him & God

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
When exactly do you L-cancle Dairs?

sorry if its been asked before I just dont want to flip through 54 pages

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
When exactly do you L-cancle Dairs?

sorry if its been asked before I just dont want to flip through 54 pages
L-cancel basically everything that CAN be L-cancelled unless you want to ledgecancel or if there's just no point in it (ledgehop spike), but you would probably do it by reflex anyway.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I do find it ironic that no one has given me any help with Link...I think the SHL is a good approach, but I wanna be sure...
This strat is almost 100% vs. Link because he has no shieldgrab and no real way to counter it:

SHL to Dair or SHL approach (Link Shields), Shine, JC grab, fthrow, retreat and spam lasers, and repeat. Works on any flat stage and is almost impossible for Link to get out of because he can't grab or jump out at any time if you have good techskill without getting hit. Works on Young Link and Zelda too, I think, and ... everyone else.

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
is it important 2 use wavedashin when pillarin?!? or L-canceling? or wat cuz i seem to be having a major promblem wit doin it repeatedly....i can do it once then nvr a second time

_kSo_

Smash Master
L-canceling is crucial, especially if you're doing SH-Dairs (like on Fox...), but WDing is only needed if they DI...
or if you hit their shield. i like wave shining their shield instead of pillaring the shield. for some reason its easier/faster for me.

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
oo i c but i use the kick very effectivly i mean i hit thm wit it almost every time but i was told wit the ppl i play wit is tht i have 2 learn some of the technical "fancy" stuff

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Hey Falco experts, I have a quick question! I play Falco and my friend plays Fox. When he throws me off the edge, and he jumps out to shinespike me, how should I respond? If I just try recovering he usually will hit me with the shine (he's very accurate). Lately, I've been using Falco's down-A to spike him when he come at me, but usually I'm too far out to recover, and I lose one stock as well. Do you guys have any tips to help me?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Try DI back when you jump then F->B to the edge if you are somewhat close to the stage and he goes for the quick shine

terr13

Smash Journeyman
If you're a noob stop learning to multishine, you won't be able to use it effectively. Learn the basics before trying to learn the more superfluous techniques.

Against the shine spike, you can try to vary your recovery and make it harder for them to hit you with the shine spike. I think I also saw someone laser them once and then fall down and Firebird upwards. I think the :unin vs Forward from SJSU matches have some tactics for it also.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I've never thought about using the laser in that fashion, I'm gonna have to try that. I'll also have to look into those matches. Thanks for the tips!

Adi

Smash Lord
I'm not sure of the skill of the samus' you are facing but against higher level samus' you need to just laser spam and make them approach you.

Falcology

Smash Apprentice
im trying to get in contact with dashizwiz but i cant. i have so many questions to ask him but it looks like he left the thread:(

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ill ask him to pay the thread a visit....

Post a question and Ill see what I can do

Falcology

Smash Apprentice
well ok its hard to explain.. and i know its kinda stupid and its such a little thing.. but i want to know... when the pros do a rshl, they dash back and repeat it... when i try, i rshl, but falco doesnt run back, he only walks back no matter how hard i try... i dont know if u know what im tlking about... pc chirs does it alot

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure of the skill of the samus' you are facing but against higher level samus' you need to just laser spam and make them approach you.
alright i have that down its just the close combat i mean i shield grab and all just he so much better thn me at the wavedashin and i just cant seem 2 kill him :(

Repryx

Smash Champion
well ok its hard to explain.. and i know its kinda stupid and its such a little thing.. but i want to know... when the pros do a rshl, they dash back and repeat it... when i try, i rshl, but falco doesnt run back, he only walks back no matter how hard i try... i dont know if u know what im tlking about... pc chirs does it alot
Try Dashing 1st (Do this slow till you get the Hang of it) then RSHL Over time link more Dashes to RSHLs closer. Also When you Hit the ground after your Laser...DASH Dont wait just go.

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
Try Dashing 1st (Do this slow till you get the Hang of it) then RSHL Over time link more Dashes to RSHLs closer. Also When you Hit the ground after your Laser...DASH Dont wait just go.
so u want 2 SHL real close so it stuns him thn while hes stunned hit him,iv seen ppl do tht and nvr really thghut of pickin it up but i guess ill have 2 try....alright thnkx

Repryx

Smash Champion
Uh yeah you can do that but I meant close the Time gap between the RSHL and the Dash

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
what I meant before was when during the Dair to L-cancle.
should I like hit the button before I hit the ground or right when I hit??
I don't see any results so I guess I'm not doing it right :S

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
My fav combo is down grab to down b to aerial down a. If you get the down a spike off the edge they're done.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
My fav combo is down grab to down b to aerial down a. If you get the down a spike off the edge they're done.
That doesn't work against skilled people. Try to learn to techchase with shl > grab or predict the roll after a missed tech and punish with a fsmash.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
you can also do dthrow predict the tech and hit down B it messes they Di SO BADLY the shine comes out so fast while they are still holding the control stick prior to the tech

@ CREA why not just dsmash the hits go both ways you are more likely for your opponent to get hit than just fsmash

Repryx

Smash Champion
because even when they dont tech they DI...Dsmash doesnt give you that range

@ANBU Right Brfore you hit the ground Press L (Or R) practice in slo-mo

Cinder

Smash Master
*coughtechrollcough*...

Here's a combo I found...I have a feeling it won't work on humans, but it was kinda cool...I phantasmed a Fox, he DI'ed at me, and I shined...like I said, any human smart enough to DI AWAY from you can get out of it...but it's still cool:p...

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
Uh yeah you can do that but I meant close the Time gap between the RSHL and the Dash
thnkx lots man it wokerd real ns i might of used the SHL a lil on the spamming side but i 2 stocked him and got a chipoltle burrito so i guess ill have 2 improve tht skill or adapt it 2 mine :lick:

Cinder

Smash Master
thnkx lots man it wokerd real ns i might of used the SHL a lil on the spamming side but i 2 stocked him and got a chipoltle burrito so i guess ill have 2 improve tht skill or adapt it 2 mine :lick:
Chipoltle burritoes FTW!

Nah, seriously, good goin'...

Hey, I got a question...I got spiked while Firebird Stalling...does that normally happen? Or did I just stay out long enough for the invinciblity frames to run out?

Miharu

Smash Hero
If you're doing it perfectly, then no, that shouldn't happen. However, in reality, it's pretty hard to do it so you retain full invincibility throughout the whole time you're stalling.

Solution to this? More practice.

Repryx

Smash Champion
If you're doing it perfectly, then no, that shouldn't happen. However, in reality, it's pretty hard to do it so you retain full invincibility throughout the whole time you're stalling.

Solution to this? More practice.
The Solution is to try speed and you know it HK

Top Bottom