• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
yea, it seems like its more of something thats just dependent on whether it hits or not.

i can assure you that i am ffing and l canceling, but its more than just that. depending on when the dair connects, be it because your moving toward them or because you dont actually start the dair until your at waist level, there can be time in there to grab.i guess i was just wondering if people made it a habit to not hit the top of someones head with a dair because whenever it connects there i always seem to get grabbed. maybe im just missing something...

rice

Smash Journeyman
yea, it seems like its more of something thats just dependent on whether it hits or not.

i can assure you that i am ffing and l canceling, but its more than just that. depending on when the dair connects, be it because your moving toward them or because you dont actually start the dair until your at waist level, there can be time in there to grab.i guess i was just wondering if people made it a habit to not hit the top of someones head with a dair because whenever it connects there i always seem to get grabbed. maybe im just missing something...
nah, you are correct pretty much, if you start the d-air right off the jump, you'll hit the top of the persons shield, so when you get to the floor, all the shield stun is already gone, so you usually get shield grabbed before the shine comes out. IF they grab you after the shine....just jumpcancel the shine into a grab, its almost instant.
And the thing about you friend being able to intercept you before you do the attack if you wait it out..... the problem with that method is, he has to KNOW you plan on doing that.
and please, be unpredictable, their are many things to get around shieldgrabbing, jump at them and act like you'll "wait it out" than shine in the air, and jump away
you can go pass them with the aerial, so you are behind them. you can approach and dashdance in front of them. you can just laser spam at their shield.
you can laser into their shield and shine.......or grab
shield grabbers are not nearly as annoying as people jumping out of their shields with attacks.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
so i need to hit the c stick later in the shffl motion? (i use cstick..btw) i dont see any pros try to sg in that gap, so im assuming once he gets punished a few times he'll back off on that.

hey, i also noticed sometimes when i shoot lasers low and mid distance from him, and he shines them, the next shl gets me over the reflected shot and he gets stuck in the shine for as long as i continue. is this why i dont see many foxs reflect it?

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i dont know/care if someone has asked this before because its probably a while back but whatever. Im actually a fox main but i believe us spacies are in the same boat when it comes to Marth. i have alot of issues with him but i know what to do for the others. what i cant stop is the M2k gimp. i believe its downthrow off the edge counters ur b-up then drops with a fair. i herd im suppose to tech the counter but i can never seem to get it. i know its not because im bad at teching because i literally tech everything else. if someone could post a video of the timing for the counter tech it would be great. also anyother marth advise would be wonderful.

(hope shiz will read this seeing as he teched it against m2k)

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shiz,

I have troubles comboing my friend's Falco with my Falco at stages like, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield etc. stages with platforms. He has really good defensive as well. Also he rolls very often.

Any tips?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm almost 100% positive that the counter requires smash di to tech, because I too can tech just about everything else.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
its probably the hitlag thats difficult to time. the hitlag doesn't start on contact of the move, so maybe thats it. maybe try cstick for ASDI along with smash di?

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
i read that you can input one sdi per frame of hitlag... and the asdi happens on the first or last frame of hitlag (i dont remember). so.. either manage to smash the control stick twice in like a 5 frame time or use both...

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey guys, my falco is running dry XD Okay, I've got most of the technical stuff down (well, all of it actually), but for comboing I'm stuck. So I always do an utilt after a dair (I just think it works), or an usmash (assuming the opponent is on the ground when I do it).

So I follow up with another dair, which they tech or I don't take advantage of. Any way I can combo with a dair and utilt? Thanx ^.^

Adi

Smash Lord
how do u ASDI and smash di
ASDI = holding the C-stick a certain way just as you are hit, which moves your character a small distance in that direction

Smash DI = smashing the control stick in a certain direction just as you get hit, which moves your character a small distance in that direction

However the catch is that you cannot use both in the same direction, so you can ASDI one way but you must smash DI another.

Hey guys, my falco is running dry XD Okay, I've got most of the technical stuff down (well, all of it actually), but for comboing I'm stuck. So I always do an utilt after a dair (I just think it works), or an usmash (assuming the opponent is on the ground when I do it).

So I follow up with another dair, which they tech or I don't take advantage of. Any way I can combo with a dair and utilt? Thanx ^.^
Shine is utilized more often than up tilt in the offchance that they DI slightly in front of you so that the uptilt misses. Shine is also faster in case you come down slightly late it will hit most of the time. Just wanted to throw that out there.

As for comboing generally when opponents are at high percentages instead of continuing the dair chain they'll usually use nair/bair/uair. Nair and bair are generally combo finishers unless it's heavy chars or low percents, and uairs are hard but you can still follow it up. The main trick to extending large combos is using platforms. If you've over a platform and they're at a high enough percentage to tech it you can still dair them and follow them on the platform and continue the combos. This can be done on flatland as well but is harder unless they are in a position where you can easily predict where they will tech.

fearsome bird

Smash Rookie
hey can any one get a good video of the pillaring combo like in slow mo im new at this and this would help me out best (i need to know how to do it quickly too)

Adi

Smash Lord
Pillaring = SHFFL dair -> shine repeatedly to break shield
Shine combos = something completely different.

Which one do you want to see.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
its probably the hitlag thats difficult to time. the hitlag doesn't start on contact of the move, so maybe thats it. maybe try cstick for ASDI along with smash di?
im pretty sure that can't be it. because ive actually teched it once, but never since then. thats why i said someone should put up a video in slo-mo or something so i can see when the timing is. or if someone (Shiz) can tech it consistantly maybe they can help.

SHIZ RESPOND!!:laugh:

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
shiz retired and left this board to other people.. i havent seen him post in quite a while

and what i mean is, the sdi has to be hit during the hitlag, and imo, counter kinda has a hard one to time. i havent teched it, i just figured that was why

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Shiz no are retired. Only semi-retired. No one ever retires. See: Ken Forward ROFL.

rice

Smash Journeyman
meh, im not like completely sure... but, usually, when you tech moves, you prolly press l (or R) about half an inch away from the ledge, because you are going to get hit at the ledge. (which is a ruff estimate of 20 frames) Now, when you get hit by the counter.....the move doesn't hit you at the point of contact. So, when you get hit by the counter, you can even sometimes sweetspot the ledge before you get hit. That being said, you do have to have a different timing to tech the counter..... i press L (or R) like right as i touch the ledge to 'attempt' to tech the counter, i get it about 30% of the time, which is better than 0%.....oh, and i can tech almost everything else perfectly too....
but yea..... prolly smash di will affect the rest.....

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
actually, i just saw a video of a recent tourney shiz was in... and ****, despite semi-retiring, he still crazy good as ever. which brings up my question..

how the hell do they fall of ledges so fast? whenever i see falcos fall of platforms or the edge they practically teleport. i dont have a problem with ffing jumps, but my falls are not even close to that. is it timing of ff? does anyone know any of the frame info on that?

Adi

Smash Lord
They're just timing it better then you. I'm not sure what you're doing, it doesn't seem ridiculously fast to me.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys in order to tech right, all you have to do is push R or L before you get hit. And you have to be hit on the edge of the stage in order to tech. I know how to tech everytime I am hit on the edge, so when I am hit on the edge, I tech it. See the counter's teching is a little off though. I push R or L right when I am caught in the counter, I believe. Not sure, but I'm pretty sure thats what I do.

And the reason I don't respond anymore, is because there isn't much to respond to. I don't respond to frames and stuff like that. And I am seeing something about ASDI? I don't even know what that is. All I know is when I am hit, I push the opposite direction of the knockback, and I live.

Repryx

Smash Champion
All I know is when I am hit, I push the opposite direction of the knockback, and I live.
*Puts up fist*

"Still I rise"

good to see you exist Shiz lolz

Hrmm...My Fellow Falco's....What say we take our Elite and Band together @ pound 3?

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
Guys in order to tech right, all you have to do is push R or L before you get hit. And you have to be hit on the edge of the stage in order to tech. I know how to tech everytime I am hit on the edge, so when I am hit on the edge, I tech it. See the counter's teching is a little off though. I push R or L right when I am caught in the counter, I believe. Not sure, but I'm pretty sure thats what I do.

And the reason I don't respond anymore, is because there isn't much to respond to. I don't respond to frames and stuff like that. And I am seeing something about ASDI? I don't even know what that is. All I know is when I am hit, I push the opposite direction of the knockback, and I live.
lol just simple enough for me to not understand. i guess ill just practice it more. Shiz if u can get up a video of the tech in slo-mo that would be great. Not just shiz anyone. i just wanna see when approximately you should press the button.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Thanx Adi ^.^ Yeah, I know about using the shine and stuff, I've just been trying to work on the dair utilt combos for a while. I got it down last night, a dair > utilt > uair > dair > Dashattack > utilt > jab > fsmash. I found ways to work with the flow ^.^

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
hey, it shiz! man, you rocked that tourney on 11/17.

and yea, i know im not doing it right. i know theres not much to say about ff, but the speed does vary, probably on timing or something. im sure it will just get faster with time. people like shiz are prolly perfect to the frame with ff...

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
he might be talking about multishine. thumbs, if youve seen people in videos shining a lot without leaving the ground, its more likely to be multishine then waveshine straight down. multishine is just shine, jump cancel it, shine again before you leave the ground, but the timing is a *****/

thumbswayup

Smash Master
he might be talking about multishine. thumbs, if youve seen people in videos shining a lot without leaving the ground, its more likely to be multishine then waveshine straight down. multishine is just shine, jump cancel it, shine again before you leave the ground, but the timing is a *****/
haha yeah that must be it. two or three shines in like a second, i need to master that.

Repryx

Smash Champion
lol, multishining apparantly. i dont have that down yet. and i dont use falco often. it goes fox, sheik, c falcon, then falco. so i only whip him out at the end of practice sessions.
Ill Show you how next time we meet...as well as what a lil Hova training can do lolz

thumbswayup

Smash Master
alright,
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2007
Time: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
City/Town: College Park, MD

There are two tournaments, $5 entry for each.

Smash begins at 12.
Halo at 4 at the earliest.

Try to be on time. All proceeds go to Toys for Tots.

its a facebook event so i just copy/pasted all the info.

Top Bottom