• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
ah, i see. ive only seen that expression two or three times before.

lol, im not makign excuses i just prefer using fox to falco. the transition from fox to falco is easy but from falco to fox kills me. once i get used to using falco my fox suffers and i can no longer wavedash as well with him, which is why i reserve falco for the very end.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, you fall off the edge, do a shine, then turn your head upside down. It will look like you are rising.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Ya, you fall off the edge, do a shine, then turn your head upside down. It will look like you are rising.
I think he means when you jump off the stage shine and turn your body around which can lead into a b-air. Shiz uses it more often than any other falco I've seen. That or maybe hes talking about Multishining but not in place.

Miharu

Smash Hero
ah, i see. ive only seen that expression two or three times before.

lol, im not makign excuses i just prefer using fox to falco. the transition from fox to falco is easy but from falco to fox kills me. once i get used to using falco my fox suffers and i can no longer wavedash as well with him, which is why i reserve falco for the very end.
Huge johns. I use both np.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The Fox/Falco transition just requires practice, believe me. Both my spacies suffered when I first started trying to play both of them, but then I gave up Fox for several months, learned Falco to where he became my best character, then slowly started integrating Fox back in.

And wtf is a rising shine? Someone's definitely confused (be it beaver or me)

j00t

Smash Champion
Shiz, how do you multishine? I'm sorry if it's already been answered, but a friend of mine was saying you just use the control stick and jam it up and down while multishining. I think that's quite impossible, but I was just curious.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Nope, you time it. Sliding your fingers from Y to B while holding down on the control stick. Its all timing. But only use it randomly for pressuring your opponent. Don't do it too often. Only when it seems like a good time.

*Example*

Your getting shield grabbed alot. Usually when I get shield grabbed, I don't want it to happen again. So what I do is multishine and then they can try to grab me out of that, lol. And usually once I hit someone with a shine, its close to a stock. So yeah, use it only for situations like these.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Nope, you time it. Sliding your fingers from Y to B while holding down on the control stick. Its all timing. But only use it randomly for pressuring your opponent. Don't do it too often. Only when it seems like a good time.

*Example*

Your getting shield grabbed alot. Usually when I get shield grabbed, I don't want it to happen again. So what I do is multishine and then they can try to grab me out of that, lol. And usually once I hit someone with a shine, its close to a stock. So yeah, use it only for situations like these.
Just 2 piggy back....Multi-shining in your pillar helps too (Similar but still different)

Here is what Im pravticing (which I bet Shiz has done lolz)

Dair Shine Dair Shine Shine Dair Shine Shine Shine grab:)

nigam

Smash Cadet
shiz i have a question it was just when(if any) are good times to wall jump to spike or will the normal edge gaurding due and that is just for flashyness

Adi

Smash Lord
That's really situational, it's your choice if you want to do it. It may be a better alternative but it also a lot less safe.

Falcology

Smash Apprentice
Hey DaShizWiz. I need to know something... and know that people say that its personal preferences for if you use c-stick or not... but do u use it, like all the time, except for neutral airs?

Also, one of the moves i admire that u use is the shine into b-air SO DAMM FAST. I dont know how u do it?

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I think it's really easier to multishine on the stickjump, but you should find out what you like best for yourselves.

edit: and there is a trick to shine->bair... stick jump and Cstick bair makes all the difference. I think alphazealot made a topic about that once, but I can't remember.

edit2: preference for Cstick when shffling. It makes a big difference. without it's just harder to get the lcancel->shine->rest done... and it's harder to get your mover to be independent of your own movement.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I hate to ask this, but what is the best way to keep yourself from being shieldgrabbed from a Dair while SHFFLing it? Also, what are some effective laser mindgames?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Best way is to L Cancel into Shine, also to make sure you are hitting their shield low enough so they can't grab you before you hit the ground.

The L cancel has a different timing against the shield than hitting them so make sure you practice both.

As for the laser, make sure you're not just lasering into a dair/nair. Laser forward and back some, anticipate their jump to get over your laser and FH3L to further their annoyance. Mindgames = Not doing the same thing over and over again. Something falco players tend to have trouble with, myself especially.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ok, that helps some. Now I have another question: what is the best finger placement and rhythm for the multishine? By rhythm I mean something like a thought pattern or a specific mental way to help you do it easier.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Ok, that helps some. Now I have another question: what is the best finger placement and rhythm for the multishine? By rhythm I mean something like a thought pattern or a specific mental way to help you do it easier.
Read the previous page.

Kitsune7

Smash Rookie
I read a bunch of this thread, but I think it would take me over a month to read the whole thing. So forgive me if my question has already been addressed.

So:
I sometimes have an odd problem with SHL. I've never heard anyone mention this before, but sometimes when I'm doing advancing and retreating SHL (sometimes even stationary SHL), the laser will fire in the wrong direction just from the recoil of the control stick returning to the neutral position. When I do a forward SHL, I dash, SH, hold forward for a split second to get the long distance SH, release the control stick, press B and fast fall. I know I'm not pressing the other direction because I just release the stick, so I'm guessing it's stick's own recoil. I could be wrong though. I thought I might have a bad controller, but I think I had this problem with a brand new controller a long time ago too.

Shiz, about a year ago in this thread you said that you roll your thumb from y to b for multishines (I read a bunch of the beginning of this thread). When you say roll your thumb, do you mean you press y with the tip of your thumb and roll the pressure down to the middle of your thumb for B or do you slide the tip of your thumb back and forth, etc.? How exactly do you roll it? The only way I've been able to do multishines is with two fingers (kinda useless), but I'm at a pretty amateur level.

Thanks for any help

Adi

Smash Lord
Hmm that's an odd problem with the SHL. I'm surprised it happens with the new controllers too. Don't know what to tell ya... just try different timings maybe you're smashing it too hard but I don't think that's it.

As for the multishine, I'm not sure exactly how Shiz does it but generally what they mean by "rolling" is sliding the thumb from Y -> B. What I usually do is actually use the base of my thumb and while pushing Y already be sliding it down to B. But for each his own, find whatever way works best for you.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
kitsune, although adi nailed the answer pretty well, just to add, i do exactly what your described for multishine with the tip of the thumb on y, and then the ball of the thumb onto b.but like he said, its all what works for you.

dawn001

Smash Ace
NOT SURE how i can help but both character have different timing on the JC like fox is easy for me but when i try doing with falco is hard .....is all timing

thumbswayup

Smash Master
marth's the best character in the game, and against a really good one there's not much you can do with either fox or falco unless you are insanely good. i've always countered marth with sheik, sometimes captain falcon.

dawn001

Smash Ace
marth's the best character in the game, and against a really good one there's not much you can do with either fox or falco unless you are insanely good. i've always countered marth with sheik, sometimes captain falcon.
who says that marth is the best character in the game i thinks thats bull****.
is not the character that is good is the player the controls it..

CYBERDEMON my advice to you is laser spam marth so that he can come to you make your self the predator and him the prey...when marth is near you keep lasering him and you can follow up by laser+shine or laser+pillar laser+grab..but that is if you cant get near him.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Slow SHL
Too many laggy attacks (Dtilt, Smashes)
Missed Techs
You seem to kind of run in and then stop doing anything, or maybe that's just a missed L-cancel.
Don't folllow aerials with shine.

Marth is not the best character...

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Kill them like you would anyone else..Bair, Dair, Fsmash, Dsmash, Nair. They're both fairly easy to combo, but they can also own u pretty bad.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
marths def got some advantages, but best in the game?
when i have to go up against marth, i usually try not to linger near the edges. stay a little out of his range with DDing and punish. hes easy enough to combo, but hes got the same advantage on you. just try not to get grabbed, as that could end badly for you. theres not really any new advice but this is not like.. some unwinable match...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
No....just no.

Fox has PLENTY of ways to combat Marth, as does Falco.

The only way Falco has an uphill battle against Marth is if you're fighting a Marth that likes to be gay, but even then its very much a possible match up.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
my comment seems to be overquoted here lol. there's a reason M2K switched his main to marth and i'd say he is the best in the world (pc and kdj are **** close though).
and the argument that "it's not the character, it's the player controlling it" is bull****. tier lists wouldnt exist if that were the case. you take ANY character in the game and make sure a great person is using it, then get another person of equal skill and have him use marth and he will always win in the end as him.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
marth is too good: a SWORD, a great and fast wavedash, his aerials are insanely good, he has the best edgeguarding possibilities in the game. fox and falco dont have **** on him, he can virtually kill each at 0% with a chain grab. c falcon is easy for him to combo, as is SHEIK who i'd say has the best chance against a marth.
many of the top tier characters have amazingly huge flaws. fox and falco: chaingrabbed easily, shine devastates them, falco's recovery sucks. sheik has A LOT of lag after she lands her up-B. c falcons recovery is too easy to read and edgeguard against.
marth may have some shortcomings (absolutley none i can think of at the moment) but they arent as bad as those. tell me if im wrong otherwise. i'd seriously like to hear what disadvantages marth has and why no other character is used as much as him.

Top Bottom