• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

dawn001

Smash Ace
my comment seems to be overquoted here lol. there's a reason M2K switched his main to marth and i'd say he is the best in the world (pc and kdj are **** close though).
and the argument that "it's not the character, it's the player controlling it" is bull****. tier lists wouldnt exist if that were the case. you take ANY character in the game and make sure a great person is using it, then get another person of equal skill and have him use marth and he will always win in the end as him.
YOU MUST BE A NOOB i know for a fact that the tier list is all bull crap there is not such thing as a tier list there is but is bull.....but if marth was the best in the game then why is it that ken marth is the only one that is on top in tourny and other characteres that do make it up is falcos and fox. There are more fox and falco that make it to the top but dont win but make it up there and for marth is only ken marth and azen..

Secks.

Smash Ace
Ok so I hear that people don't believe in a tier list right? So if someone like Azen decided to use bowser against Ken's marth, tell me who would win. I mean seriously... yes I understand that its all in the player and good players beat other good players no matter how good their characters are but to a certain extent. There is a definition of high tier in my book, speed, priority and durability. All the fast fallers have it and if they don't like Falco, lacking some speed, he has something to compensate, his lasers. Marth doesn't have many flawes but his priority is outrageous. You don't see low tiers win tournies often besides Chu. Compare the high tier list to the lower tiers, it just comes down to those simple 3 things in my opinion. Its to the point now that everyone has to pick a high tier character to compete. In fact I've heard from people that went to FCD that Marth wasn't even played as wildly as space animals. Just keep in mind that people learn playing this game, and of course if there is an overwelming amount of people playing a certain character the people who main other charcters will learn what to do. Falco players get a bad reputation by long time players at times just for the sheer fact that it is not that difficult to pick him up as opposed to trying to pick up yoshi or another low tier. Doing so would take more time in learning match ups and actually having lots of experience. The tier list has been imposed for a while now, it just seems absurd to me that someone would say that its complete BS because it isn't. It was made by far more skilled and older players than me that have way more experience.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Ok so I hear that people don't believe in a tier list right? So if someone like Azen decided to use bowser against Ken's marth, tell me who would win. I mean seriously... yes I understand that its all in the player and good players beat other good players no matter how good their characters are but to a certain extent. There is a definition of high tier in my book, speed, priority and durability. All the fast fallers have it and if they don't like Falco, lacking some speed, he has something to compensate, his lasers. Marth doesn't have many flawes but his priority is outrageous. You don't see low tiers win tournies often besides Chu. Compare the high tier list to the lower tiers, it just comes down to those simple 3 things in my opinion. Its to the point now that everyone has to pick a high tier character to compete. In fact I've heard from people that went to FCD that Marth wasn't even played as wildly as space animals. Just keep in mind that people learn playing this game, and of course if there is an overwelming amount of people playing a certain character the people who main other charcters will learn what to do. Falco players get a bad reputation by long time players at times just for the sheer fact that it is not that difficult to pick him up as opposed to trying to pick up yoshi or another low tier. Doing so would take more time in learning match ups and actually having lots of experience. The tier list has been imposed for a while now, it just seems absurd to me that someone would say that its complete BS because it isn't. It was made by far more skilled and older players than me that have way more experience.

i guess you do have a point there but my believe will not break i believe that if a player want to go to the top with EXAMPLE-MEWTWO i think they could go to the top if they really try and master there character and see how there apponets works....i just think that if someone really wanted to be number one or just top they really can .

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Tier lists aren't based on hypothetical possiblities. They are based on tournament results and the meta game of each character.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
when did i ever say i trusted in other people's tier lists? i listed is as an example. and you must be brain damaged to think certain charcters arent better than others. even if someone became the best yoshi in the world, they would lost to M2K's marth. you forget his marth is the best in the world so once again ill repeat: take a person who's mastered yoshi against someone who's mastered marth and the marth will ALWAYS win the sets and tournys. ALWAYS, no exceptions.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Tier lists sadly do exist, but they are dependent on how well the characters do in tourney. Some characters used to be very low but moved up due to players becoming more and more proficient at them.

Although this is purely subjective, I still believe that Marth is no the best character. You keep bringing up the example of M2K's Marth being the best, but have you ever asked him who he thinks the best character is? If you've ever tried that then he would reply with Sheik. A lot of other top pros such as King would reply with Fox. I haven't really heard of any pro saying that Marth is the best.

dawn001

Smash Ace
Tier lists sadly do exist, but they are dependent on how well the characters do in tourney. Some characters used to be very low but moved up due to players becoming more and more proficient at them.

Although this is purely subjective, I still believe that Marth is no the best character. You keep bringing up the example of M2K's Marth being the best, but have you ever asked him who he thinks the best character is? If you've ever tried that then he would reply with Sheik. A lot of other top pros such as King would reply with Fox. I haven't really heard of any pro saying that Marth is the best.
thank you... but is true marth is not the best in the game....

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i believe sheik to be right behind marth when it comes to the best. seriously have any of you played a GOOD marth. if you have you'll understand that his priority and speed make him the best.

dawn001

Smash Ace
i believe sheik to be right behind marth when it comes to the best. seriously have any of you played a GOOD marth. if you have you'll understand that his priority and speed make him the best.
fox,marth,shiek,falco are kind of the same level but i think marth and fox are the ones that are top.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
zz
Have you played a good [insert character here]?

If i remember correctly, Marth has low priority, but a disjointed hitbox. His speed is a lot lower than Fox and Sheik. A good Fox could laser camp and then use his speed to get under Marth's defense. Sheik is pretty much the only hero that has a favorable matchup against Marth.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
fox,marth,shiek,falco are kind of the same level but i think marth and fox are the ones that are top.
i completely agree. those are the top four characters in the game. all im saying is marth exceeds the rest by a small percentage. if i had a choice to play against a marth or a fox in a huge tourny i'd choose a fox cause great marths scare me.

dawn001

Smash Ace
i completely agree. those are the top four characters in the game. all im saying is marth exceeds the rest by a small percentage. if i had a choice to play against a marth or a fox in a huge tourny i'd choose a fox cause great marths scare me.
lol great marth scares you hmmm me is falco but there is hard to find a good falco there are more good marth's then is fox follow by shiek then last is falco but yeah marth scare me to with those bloody grabs and tip. *scared* lol!!!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
zz
Have you played a good [insert character here]?

If i remember correctly, Marth has low priority, but a disjointed hitbox. His speed is a lot lower than Fox and Sheik. A good Fox could laser camp and then use his speed to get under Marth's defense. Sheik is pretty much the only hero that has a favorable matchup against Marth.
yes, i stated that earlier. sheik is def the favorite amoung the other choices to beat out a marth. you are right that marth is slower than both fox and sheik, but wrong about the priority. that sword hits first, everytime. its just a question of accuracy.

it is true fox can combo marth very well, but it is starting the combo that is the problem seeing as how a good marth will space well and bash the fox away with his sword. not to mention the many combos a marth can do to fox with one grab.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol great marth scares you hmmm me is falco but there is hard to find a good falco there are more good marth's then is fox follow by shiek then last is falco but yeah marth scare me to with those bloody grabs and tip. *scared* lol!!!
lol, exactly. however, if you ask me who i feel the most evil character in the game is then i'd say falco. that little ***** and his shine combos! even with great DI a great falco will chase you all the way and make sure you die off of one shine.

dawn001

Smash Ace
yes, i stated that earlier. sheik is def the favorite amoung the other choices to beat out a marth. you are right that marth is slower than both fox and sheik, but wrong about the priority. that sword hits first, everytime. its just a question of accuracy.

it is true fox can combo marth very well, but it is starting the combo that is the problem seeing as how a good marth will space well and bash the fox away with his sword. not to mention the many combos a marth can do to fox with one grab.
well if a good marth is spacing then laser spam marth let him come to you ...

Miharu

Smash Hero
YOU MUST BE A NOOB i know for a fact that the tier list is all bull crap there is not such thing as a tier list there is but is bull.....but if marth was the best in the game then why is it that ken marth is the only one that is on top in tourny and other characteres that do make it up is falcos and fox. There are more fox and falco that make it to the top but dont win but make it up there and for marth is only ken marth and azen..
YOU MUST BE REALLY BAD.

Fun, we can just throw meaningless insults at each other all day. Wutapro.

You know why people use characters even though they're not the "best" in the game? It's because they WANT to. It's not as if you have to make your character decisions based solely on the tier list. Your post is also pretty **** impossible to understand.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Just squash this tier crap before we get the thread closed. t.t

WFL this only works when the opponent is off the stage. If thats what your asking. This can stop peoples recover and set up a easier edgegaurd. That or you can fall off the stage intentionally and laser onto the stage toward your opponent.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
For Reverse LHDL, I press down and away, jump with x (Where as I usually jump it with teh control stick), hit the first b, immediately DI towards to stage, and then I hit the second b.
Not asking how to do it, just how it can be applied to in a match.

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
umm i need some help fighting a samus....i mean i get 3/2 stocked almost everytime and everyone else i can pretty much own but the way my frnd plays wit his samus,i wana say cheap but it killz me,all he does is wavedash back and hit me so i decided to use laser alot more and tht worked but i need help on wat 2 do cuz cant really pillar a samus? NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Adi

Smash Lord
That's a really general question.. it depends a lot on the level and the approach your opponents are using. Some general tips are to learn other methods of lasering besides SHL, and use them efficiently and accurately (RSHL, FHTL, DJDL), not more I can tell you. If you predict their approach and laser them accordingly, camping is easy. Just hit them ^_^.

G4MER4LIFE

Smash Apprentice
Hi, i'm just curious. I can't pull off an infinite shine w/ fox/falco. I know i have to jump cancel shine then repeat but i guess i'm just not fast enough? I can do it with using my index finger and ring finger when they are on the b and x/y buttons at the same time but i can't do it otherwise. Some help would be appreciated :p

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
just slide them accross as fast as possible.

I stick jump when I want successive shines, it makes it easier. just downB and then flick up and down on the control stick as fast as you can.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Dashizwiz can you tell my what i should have done and what i shouldnt have done in the two vids below?Im the Falco(obviously)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYwBio7Wghs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYpYSPDTlI&feature=related
Advice from the rest of you guys would be nice as well.

A couple things you should know about me and this tournament is:
1) This was my second tournament I have been to so I don't have much exp
2)I hadn't played smash for 4-5 months so I was a bit 'rusty'

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
guy with link avatar: your fingers are too slow if you will upB, and if you're too fast it just fails... but that's not really going to be you problem

edit: and I believe shiz doesn't stick jump... so it's not a must.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shiz, how do you practice the shine to waveland on platforms? Is there any trick, or suck it up and practice?

Kae

Smash Rookie
Hey. I just started getting serious with SSBM. You inspire me to play Falco as my main :|. I read the guide but I can't quite get the wave dash down, most of the time i screw up >_<. I was wondering if you could make a video on advanced moves which go step through step or add me to msn or something for future help ^_^.

Is there a way beginners can learn, because I don't really follow up on some of the stuff you guys talk about.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
theres this advanced play video by wak on youtube somewhere, that's probably the best advanced play video there is. Together with Bornfedelity's guide You'll learn all the terms you'll need to know. After that it's just practice. And fight other people.

Top Bottom