• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
alright some help here if you dont mind, I would like some help on the double laser coming from the ledge, i can hit it but the lasers are far away, and the first one never hits but the second one is really low, is there any way to bring them closer together

Adi

Smash Lord
You need to fast fall I believe, and you need to be REALLY fast. :p
Completely wrong. Staying quiet is better then spewing wrong information.

If your first one is going too high and the second one really low then you're simply messing up the timing. The first laser needs to be shot as you are rising from the edge while the second one is while you're falling. Keep adjusting the timing of your lasers until you get it.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice

If your first one is going too high and the second one really low then you're simply messing up the timing. The first laser needs to be shot as you are rising from the edge while the second one is while you're falling. Keep adjusting the timing of your lasers until you get it.
alright thanks, ill practice cause thats one of the last thing I need to do till I think I got it all

Ares.

Smash Journeyman

I apologize :l I never really understood how I did it, I just did :p

Wow this thread is still alive waow.
wow your still not banned for spamming. Waow.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
I know that it's a noobish question and i sound like a complete idiot but i am too lazy to go look it up. Why is it that I always miss with my shine. Whenever I start a combo the shine always misses. Either I just suck and should be shot for stupidity or My game is broken, please help.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
I know that it's a noobish question and i sound like a complete idiot but i am too lazy to go look it up. Why is it that I always miss with my shine. Whenever I start a combo the shine always misses. Either I just suck and should be shot for stupidity or My game is broken, please help.
Ethier

1. Your losing momentum before the combo which means you stop to soon for the shine to reach

or

2. Your falco hates combos O_O

and

3. Your just measuring the shine off wrong.

There should be two serious awnsers somewhere.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
it could also be the space between you and who ever you are fighting, falcos shine requires you to be really close for it to work

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
This is a ridiculously generic question, but how the hell do I combo floaties?! It's not even floaties, even against Sheik I have trouble.

If I land a dair/shine on Fox, it's instant ~35% or more. But against any other characters, I'm completely lost on combos. Luckily, most of my friends play Fox. If they switch to Marth, I switch too. Help please?

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
This is a ridiculously generic question, but how the hell do I combo floaties?! It's not even floaties, even against Sheik I have trouble.

If I land a dair/shine on Fox, it's instant ~35% or more. But against any other characters, I'm completely lost on combos. Luckily, most of my friends play Fox. If they switch to Marth, I switch too. Help please?
WATCH BOMBSOILDER VS MARTH.

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
I shall, and I will edit after I watch a few. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: OK, so, from watching two vids quickly, I have learned:

Don't try to shine -> dair -> shine (etc.) on FD
Bair out of shine on FD
SHL -> nair works well
Nair in general works well

Amirite?

moj4991

Smash Cadet
it could also be the space between you and who ever you are fighting, falcos shine requires you to be really close for it to work
Yeah I knew that well enough but then what am I supposed to do when fighting a marth who prefers to keep space between me and him?

4 Aces

Smash Ace
When you're shl'ing, is the timing and rhythm slower when you're retreating with shl's? (Dash away --> rshl --> dash away --> rshl) Does it take longer to turn around or something? My question applies to Fox aswell.

Also, I notice that after I shl, if I hold down and roll it to sideways (instead of letting the control stick go back to neutral), I can immediately dash away (for rshl). Is this supposed to happen or something or am I seeing things. My question applies to Fox aswell.

Fire4All

Smash Cadet
Okay, I haven't played Melee much lately...somehow I no longer have it...Back to my question... Does anyone have any good strategy against Ice Climbers with Falco? I used to beat one of my friends constantly, then he learned how to unsync Nana and Popo and I lost with every character...when I pick this up, I'll main with Falco...so HELP MEEEEE!

Note-- keep it simple as possible! I don't know about your precious wavedashing or teching and what not...I'll have to read about it to understand...

Red.

Smash Ace
seperate them..Try not to get grabbed if theres 2 of them.On YS u can kill nana vertically really fast on the highest platform by shining her twice then firebirding her.

JoseOle92

Smash Apprentice
mindgames mindgames mindgames
i have no other ways of playing ppl besides my bro, so we lack experience.
i've gotten virtually every tech skill down, but its the mindgames that gets me.
when should i use it? how should i use it? what moves would be considered mindgames?
basically mindgames overall lol

paralasalud

Smash Ace
alright, this is kind of not so important, but i'm sure everyone's seen Zelghandi.... wherein silent wolf does a edgehop (single) laser and REGRAB (2:27). i know silent wolf is impossibly fast with his hands but did he just get off the edge with C stick, jump, and laser within perfect frame timing or something? i didn't know a regrab was possible after a laser, nor have i seen it before.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
What the heck is a regrab and why do i suck so badly that all of what you said is beyond me?
welllllll if you put the sentence's context together, i said edgehop so we're assuming i'm near the edge. edgehop actually means that someone jumps off while hanging on the edge. and a regrab is exactly that.... edgehopping and grabbing the ledge again after jumping... also, watch the video and the mentioned time to get a visual.

moj4991

Smash Cadet
welllllll if you put the sentence's context together, i said edgehop so we're assuming i'm near the edge. edgehop actually means that someone jumps off while hanging on the edge. and a regrab is exactly that.... edgehopping and grabbing the ledge again after jumping... also, watch the video and the mentioned time to get a visual.
Wow I feel like i should have understood that and now i feel stupid and unhappy thanks!:urg:
Can i have the link for the vid or find it somewhere?
Especially you MenacingMike

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Wow I feel like i should have understood that and now i feel stupid and unhappy thanks!:urg:
Can i have the link for the vid or find it somewhere?
Especially you MenacingMike
just search on youtube, "zelghandi"
but uhhh... you might not have ANY idea what silent wolf is doing if you don't understand what we're talking about here. oh well. it IS an educational video after all.

LNKD

Smash Apprentice
well I need help fight against a Marth abiosly I must evade the Fair same a shiek but the problem I got is I am not very good at the edge guard is something very simple but hard to make . When I do the edge guard I fell but with other characters well I survive I think I will go training to prevent this anyway Happy holidays

Miharu

Smash Hero
well I need help fight against a Marth abiosly I must evade the Fair same a shiek but the problem I got is I am not very good at the edge guard is something very simple but hard to make . When I do the edge guard I fell but with other characters well I survive I think I will go training to prevent this anyway Happy holidays
So what do you want help with?

It's pretty hard to understand what you're saying.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I need help fighting against a Marth. Obviosly I must evade his Fairs, but what else? I have the same problem with a shiek. Another problem I got is I am not very good at edgeguarding. It is something very simple, but hard to perform well . When I edgeguard, I fall, but when I edgeguard with other characters, well, I survive. I think I will go training and practice edgeguarding to prevent this. Happy holidays
I translated as best I could. XD

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
HALL of Fame

Well for those people who have wonder what D.A has been up to for all these yrs and what not everyone take a look at the link that i am about to give to you its the dawn of a new era people the return of D.A. This link sends you too our site that has our latest content called " HALL OF FAME" IT's a section on our site dedicated to all the smashers that mastered thier characters and repped thier characters to the point that all the knew who they are and called them the best or one of the best with thier character(s) so with out further or due i bring to you the hall of fame: http://smashguardians.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=173&Itemid=28. Note that if anyone has any pictures of any of the players listed on the hall of fame just send DA and emial or emial me at: lewdawes@aol.com hope everyone enjoys peace.

Top Bottom