• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
ok for pillaring is it best to pust up on the stick to to get them as they fly away or push x and jump up after them.
for shine combos, youll prolly be most comfortable using the button you normally use to jump, but its also somewhat situational. for ffers when you waveshine you might have a hard time with using up. for most situations youll want to use the button you use for jump and jump or double jump to catch up with them. if you want to catch up with them really fast and hit them before they even peak, or if your in the air when you shine them and basically have to catch up to them with your double jump, thats a case you might want to try using up for, and then prolly the c stick for the bair or dair. that way you can alternate thumbs since that scenario has more demanding time requirements but otherwise its not really so fast that youd need to change the way you jc.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
For the Falco Column (no more of this Pillaring noob-confusion, I hereby dub the up-down shine combos the "Column") on non fastfallers, I've started to use the instant double jump to fastfall quicker while combo-ing, and it seems like an improvment. Is this worth pursuing?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, combo-ing fastfallers I got. I'm talking about immediately JC my shines with double jumps when someone like Marth is at low percent. It seems to be extending my combos, specifically when followed with the up tilt since that goes through so much, and they usually recover fast enough to try and attack.

My question is: is the instant double jump solid, or will it get me batted away without a jump to recover if I'm going against more skilled opponents?

Jwalken

Smash Rookie
Wavedash shine

yoyo lol i got a question sumtimes when i wavedash out of the shine and i try to go in the opposite direction it just turns me around in the reflector is there a better way to wavedash out of the shine rather then just holding down then putting the control stick to the side u want to go and wavedashing?? jw maybe im doin it to slow idk i use the y button to wavedash fyi any help would be appreciated tyyy

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
its because you need to jump before you press backwards during your waveshines. The way you are probably doing it is shine, slide control stick in the direction you need, then wavedash. That does not work backwards, you must release the stick back to neutral or else you just turn in shine.

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
jwalk, that happens because you have the control stick already moved in the opposite direction before you hit jump to cancel the shrine, which causes you to do a turn around shine. even worse, turning around in a shine costs some frames so the jump cancel you do after that is prolly in the lag of that and thus its usually not canceled when this happens. the best way to fix this may be to hit down b, and while jump canceling the shine release the control stick, and then do the airdodge motion (diagonal and l/r) after. this way your inputting the directions separately and it should fix it up if your currently sliding the control stick from down to diagonal. if thats too hard or doesn't fix it for you, i guess try to pay more attention to the timing and try to "lock" the control stick in the down groove on the plastic around the control stick, then jump, and then slide the control stick over and hit l/r. it might just be that you need to practice it more but you have to be more conscious about waiting to slide the control stick until you hit y to jc, or just release it entirely after the shine until the WD.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
alright last time i asked this I didnt get any good reception, but how does someone perform the double laser coming up from the edge, I can do it, but the lasers are too far apart, and it leaves me open

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
alright last time i asked this I didnt get any good reception, but how does someone perform the double laser coming up from the edge, I can do it, but the lasers are too far apart, and it leaves me open
ok that was put in a weird way, how does one keep the lasers cloe to together, besides timeing and all that, is there any sure fire way to make it happen

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
oh.... lol. so what are my uses with that?

also... how do i incorporate single jabs into my fight? or is it not really necessary?
Instant Double Jump goes lower than your normal jump, so it's mostly just for mindgame purposes and IDJ lasers. You can use IDJ to do high-high, high-low, high-mid, and mid-low lasers, really useful.

Jabs are good. Use them when you're too far away to shine.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
ok that was put in a weird way, how does one keep the lasers cloe to together, besides timeing and all that, is there any sure fire way to make it happen
you have to wait as late as possible to jump and push the b button twice or just mash it as fast as possible.You can go to training mode and put the speed to 1/4 to see when you have to jump and how you need to shoot the lasers. if you can hit a standing marth, i think your lasers are good

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
basically, fall far enough and time the jump so that you dont jump far above their head. you want the lasers to surround the peak of your jump so that they both end up relatively at the same height.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
you have to wait as late as possible to jump and push the b button twice or just mash it as fast as possible.You can go to training mode and put the speed to 1/4 to see when you have to jump and how you need to shoot the lasers. if you can hit a standing marth, i think your lasers are good
alright thanks guys, Ill get on that soon, and thanks again

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
alright heres another question for you guys, now Iknow that both need fast fingers(very FAST). but I wanted to know if there was an easier way to perform them easier. The double shine, and the shine JC to a spike (I have seen both Forward and DaShizWiz perform both, unless they are in the neighborhood then please some advice would be nice)

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
the easiest way is really a matter of opinion. youll probably find the easiest way is the way your doing it now for the same reason you chose it in the first place. for the shine to dair, the timing isnt that demanding of speed so you shouldnt need to look for a gimmicky way to preform it. most commonly, after the shine is preformed the thumb is slid across to the jump button of choice. its most likely best for you to use the button you currently use to jump(sliding right past it to short hop). id say at that point it would be easiest to use the c stick for the dair but again its a matter of your preference and what your already used to. the multishine is a little more demanding with speed and timing, and there are people who prefer each of the three methods to JC it so you might want to just try up, x and y and see which one works. keep in mind though that multishine isnt really important enough to learn right now if it costs you proper timing on another tech or if you have to use a different jump button.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
the easiest way is really a matter of opinion. youll probably find the easiest way is the way your doing it now for the same reason you chose it in the first place. for the shine to dair, the timing isnt that demanding of speed so you shouldnt need to look for a gimmicky way to preform it. most commonly, after the shine is preformed the thumb is slid across to the jump button of choice. its most likely best for you to use the button you currently use to jump(sliding right past it to short hop). id say at that point it would be easiest to use the c stick for the dair but again its a matter of your preference and what your already used to. the multishine is a little more demanding with speed and timing, and there are people who prefer each of the three methods to JC it so you might want to just try up, x and y and see which one works. keep in mind though that multishine isnt really important enough to learn right now if it costs you proper timing on another tech or if you have to use a different jump button.
ok I under stand the whole button prefence, like I use the Y button (i think its that one, I havent looked in a long tim, but its right above the A button ) I can almost hit the double shines with falco but after some warm up matches, but I dont think I explained the shine to a dair quite well, in combo vids I have seen a player shine and then spike someone at very high percentages, when normally they fly to high, Ill give you an exapmle of a vidand the time in which it happens, give me some time to find tem and ill put them up

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
ah, sorry i cant load the vids on this crap internet but i think i know what you mean now, with the shine, and then the dair/bair that connects on the way up and not at/after the peak of falcos jump, right? its really the same idea but everything has to happen a little faster. i use x for everything but i use up in two cases, this one and the edgehop double laser. anyway, up works pretty well because after you hit down b to shine, you can hit up on the control stick WHILE your right thumb heads for the c stick. try hitting down b and then immediately up on the control stick and down on the c stick. the two sticks can be hit very close and bair and dair still come out so mess with the timing a little.

i dont think he JCs faster in the air, but his double jump does have different properties than his first jump. when you JC a shine in the air you do so with his double jump. this can still be done on the ground but if your used to using a jump button and the cstick it might be impossible to do this without up or using a instead of cstick. i say this because if you were to press say y, and then head for the cstick, to hit it in time youd have to release y too fast and youd just SH. someone else can prolly give you more details about the double jump properties though.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
ah, sorry i cant load the vids on this crap internet but i think i know what you mean now, with the shine, and then the dair/bair that connects on the way up and not at/after the peak of falcos jump, right? its really the same idea but everything has to happen a little faster. i use x for everything but i use up in two cases, this one and the edgehop double laser. anyway, up works pretty well because after you hit down b to shine, you can hit up on the control stick WHILE your right thumb heads for the c stick. try hitting down b and then immediately up on the control stick and down on the c stick. the two sticks can be hit very close and bair and dair still come out so mess with the timing a little.
yup thats excatly what I mean, and I heard about using the c-stick but I wasnt sure about it, so ill practice that whenever I get the chance, to bad you couldn't have seen the vids, they are good.

how do you use the up on the stick for the DL, I tried, but I keep up-bing cause Im not letting it go to neutral, dose it help???

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
you have to flick the control stick so it returns neutral immediately to get it in time, just like you have to do with reverse lasers. but if you are used to y, a lot of people have an easy time with y. just slide from y to b, then all you have to worry about is letting off down from the fall fast enough, which shouldnt be a problem.

and yea, if you dont use the c-stick for aerials you should really give it a shot. its not mandatory i guess but i think i can say that its more than just my opinion that its easier than direction and A for aerials.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
you have to flick the control stick so it returns neutral immediately to get it in time, just like you have to do with reverse lasers. but if you are used to y, a lot of people have an easy time with y. just slide from y to b, then all you have to worry about is letting off down from the fall fast enough, which shouldnt be a problem.

and yea, if you dont use the c-stick for aerials you should really give it a shot. its not mandatory i guess but i think i can say that its more than just my opinion that its easier than direction and A for aerials.
oh see i have that problem, and I cannot flick, but yeah I heard Y was a good one to use, and my hands just went that way, the only down side is when I switch to fox, it makes it much harder to waveshine, but thats besides the point,

yea I will try the c-stick, its something new, and the group that I played with ridiculed anyone who used it, so I played without it, but thanks I should be able to incorperate this very soon

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
2 questions

i was playing

i shot a single SHL at falcon.
Captain Falcon, who was standing on the edge, facing towards the center of the stage of FD
gets hit
and falls straight down.

i win.

lol. i know it cant spike, and i aint complaining. But what might've happened there?

and second
if i like d-air somebody one the platform, (and now they're under the platform, doesnt tech, and bounces up) how do i quickly drop down for another followup attack?

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
i was playing

i shot a single SHL at falcon.
Captain Falcon, who was standing on the edge, facing towards the center of the stage of FD
gets hit
and falls straight down.

i win.

lol. i know it cant spike, and i aint complaining. But what might've happened there?

and second
if i like d-air somebody one the platform, (and now they're under the platform, doesnt tech, and bounces up) how do i quickly drop down for another followup attack?
When you shot, he prop slide just enough to edge hog BUT he FF which lead him to miss the Edge hog and fall to his demise.

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Versus Samus, it seems that alot of falcos grabs, and midway pillars, are able to be jumped out off, when samus does do this, what should my reaction be?

Also is there a how many lasers vs Missile comparison, like is it best to take 1 missile for 1 laser?

tutata

Smash Ace
Alright i need some help with falcos Multi shines. Dashiz wiz says he D-airs+shine+shine+ D-air to brake shield or D-air+shine+shine+shine+D-air to brake shield. Now ive seens him play and his multi are crazy fast, so im sure he does not use his thumb. If he does not use his thumb the he must play claw, and im wondering how he wave dashes and holds the controller. Are there any vids of some one playing claw, or does he not even play claw?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I believe he's said before that he slides his finger from Y to B.

I might suggest moving your thumb so that it covers both, then it's more of a tilting than a sliding.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Don't make assumptions without knowing the facts. He doesn't claw, he slides. Just like how he and everyone else has said in this thread and other threads in the Falco Forums.

tutata

Smash Ace
i was not making assumptions. Hmm when you hold the claw, at least the way i hold it i alreay got a find on Y and on B and since your fingers are there its fast, but its harder to do certain things. Now with button slide its easier to do things.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
Could anyone answer this? I usually just do a regular pillar.
the only time 2 times i use that when:
1: fox at low percentages... its easy to chain 2 or 3 of them, a changeup from the common dair shine ... and repeat combo (or somehting similar to that). you can continue that Dair shine combo after.

2. i'd try to do that when the person shields but doesnt roll or attempt to jump out of it. you;d waveshine them on their back so they cant reach you to grab

there might be more tho

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Does it work on all fastfallers? Wait, for the first one though, after you hit Fox with the waveshine, what do you do? Waveshine-->waveshine-->waveshine? Or waveshine-->dair-->waveshine?

Top Bottom