• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Kanibasami

Smash Rookie
got a question considering fox waveshine.
do i have to shine - wavedash - shine - wavedash... or two wavedashes between the shines?
i would assume one wavedash but i just dont get close enough to the enemy (who is not DIing away or someting) to hit the shine. can i work on my wavedash anyhow to get further with it or do i actually have to bring out 2 wavedashes? i play pal version. no doubt that you are able to answer my question.

best regards, Kani.

Adi

Smash Lord
Your question didn't make much sense, if you're talking about Fox's waveshine then you're posting on the wrong forums.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hey people, just wanted to let you guys know I went a a tournament last Saturday and I fought Chu Dat. Matches will probably be up tomorrow. But if you want to see the doubles matches, check out the Tournament Videos section.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
got a question considering fox waveshine.
do i have to shine - wavedash - shine - wavedash... or two wavedashes between the shines?
i would assume one wavedash but i just dont get close enough to the enemy (who is not DIing away or someting) to hit the shine. can i work on my wavedash anyhow to get further with it or do i actually have to bring out 2 wavedashes? i play pal version. no doubt that you are able to answer my question.

best regards, Kani.
wrong forum, but w/e
you do one wavedash. when your opponent DIs away, you can't waveshine him anymore. Maybe you can when your opponent is link. Anyways, waveshine faster to keep up with your opponent. I had this problem too when first trying to waveshine. It's really easy ;)

Also, when you're waveshining, wavedash with your control stick as horizontal as possible, the more it's horizontal, the farther you'll go

4 Aces

Smash Ace
When you're shl'ing, is the timing and rhythm slower when you're retreating with shl's? (Dash away --> rshl --> dash away --> rshl) Does it take longer to turn around or something? My question applies to Fox aswell.

Also, I notice that after I shl, if I hold down and roll it to sideways (instead of letting the control stick go back to neutral), I can immediately dash away (for rshl). Is this supposed to happen or something or am I seeing things. My question applies to Fox aswell.
Can anyone answer my question?

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
I have a question that sounds noobish.
I play fox, luigi and young link, so be friendly:

-When I ledgehop double laser, my first laser goes way too high, how do I fix that?
-Also, I saw on videos when a falco edgeguards, they drop down a little bit from the edge and then jump and dair. do you use the c-stick for this, and what do you jump with?

and my bad 4 aces, I didn't see you had posted..

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
4 Aces, the timing is longer..i noticed that too when i was first learning RSHDL

straight..try either dropping lower or hitting B faster...without seeing you try i can't tell which is the problem.

and straight..it doesn't matter what you use to drop off and do the rising dair; but yes most people use the c-stick to do the dair while rising easier.
regardless, you should be able to figure stuff like this out on your own

"Also, I notice that after I shl, if I hold down and roll it to sideways (instead of letting the control stick go back to neutral), I can immediately dash away (for rshl). Is this supposed to happen or something or am I seeing things. My question applies to Fox aswell."

you should always be able to dash away..if you're not that means that you were holding down too long, which caused you to crouch..which upon releasing puts you in your standup animation = lag

and i don't know why i'm here..i guess i'm spying to figure out secrets on beating falcos lol

but i find fox more bothersome as a marth atm for some reason:\

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Is it just me or is it noticeable that DaShizWiz basically likes all simplistic maps and style of gameplay, not analyzing or actually thinking about control or any of the linkes...while Forward can give a multiparagraph run through of less than 40 seconds of gameplay, proving he thinks a hell of a lot more.

DaShiz's insight involves 'well you push down on analog stick and then up and then you laser twice'

Forward's involves more indepth gameplay analysis...

I'm startin to think some people play entirely with their subconscious dependency while people like Forward think every move through logically at a conscious level. The problem is, what do you guys thinks is the better style as far as Falco goes? I'm starting to think the subconscious one is.

BrandQ

Smash Cadet
Hey Shiz. In bornfidelity's guide, he mentions that it's possible to shinespike Yoshi due to his jump or his weight, or something. I don't think he covers how to do it in his thread, so maybe you can explain that?

anotherdeadcow

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shiz. In bornfidelity's guide, he mentions that it's possible to shinespike Yoshi due to his jump or his weight, or something. I don't think he covers how to do it in his thread, so maybe you can explain that?
what ive heard about this is that its not just yoshi but anyone who dips down on the double jump (peach, ness). supposedly, the game drastically increases the character weight to accomplish this dip, and this shining them at the very start of this dip when the weight is increased will cause their trajectory to be calculated with the new weight and not the standard one. but yea, maybe someone will be able to correct me if this is inaccurate. one thing i can say for sure though is this was definitely covered somewhere on one of the threads.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
quick question...

I managed to pull off an interesting technique today. I was on the ledge, did a ledge drop to instant wall jump shot 1 laser immediately across the stage. then managed to DI back to the ledge and regrab with out using up b.

has anyone done this before? I haven't been able to redo it but it was so beastly I had to go to training mode just to pull it off again in 1/2 speed.

is it a technique worth learning?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
What about it would make it worth learning?

As far as I know any variation of ledge hopped laser to regrab is useless.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
if you do it while they jump off the ledge and u manage to spike them with a ledgehopped Dair, and then plow through the remaining 3 stocks the same way, it would.

Repryx

Smash Champion
As far as I'm concerned, this is the mentality all Falco players should go for.

No...Falco players do what gets the job done....Flashyness will automatically follow...also you look stupid when you do off the wall crap and still suck

Repryx

Smash Champion
YES Herndon? I never see you @ C3

Wait Fats??? I remember you.....Hrm...Wont let ur Ganon beat me again

Or Falco!

lolz

MD/VA Best place to be a smasher

@ Enzyme yeah it is more fun to be technical but there is nothing interesting on the Losing Side of a 4-stock. At All....Ever...

terr13

Smash Journeyman
slave1, Pillaring is Dair->Shine on a shield, I don't see how they fly away.

JJSlim, Search Function or look back on last few pages before you post.

JJSlim

Smash Rookie
slave1, Pillaring is Dair->Shine on a shield, I don't see how they fly away.

JJSlim, Search Function or look back on last few pages before you post.
my bad i was just too lazy to look trough all the pages and i forgot about the function..so yah

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
General question for falco players getting back on the stage when being knocked off: How come i hardly see anyone shine first, then DJ, then illusion or firebird to get back on the stage. This without a doubt gives you more distance, as the shine stops your foward momentum and greatly slows down your vertical movement. Most people just jump when they are knocked off, and in my opinion they do not get the full benefit of the jump, as some of the forward moment of the jump gets canceled by the momentum you already have that is sending you backwards. Of course, you wouldn't want to do this every time since it would be too repetitive of a strat and people would catch on; however, i've seen way too many pro (and by pro i mean players like bombsoldier, pc chris, shiz, forward, etc) videos in which the falco (this style recovery helps fox too) simply jumps and either uses the illusion or firebird to get back, and is simply edgehogged, where if they would have shined, jump, and illusion'd, they would have made it back on the stage completely (or at least had a chance too if they dont get edge guarded). Also a lot times I see them just illusion off the side of the map giving up at times where i know i could have at least made it to the edge with "shine get-back"

Top Bottom