• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
i am really good with falco and have mastered most of the technical aspects with him my only question isn't so much about technique so much as just a why does this happen, sometimes if i shuair after a shine combo the opponent will get ***** off the top of the screen, however other times i will do that and it will barely hit the opponent at all and he is actually able to land before me and punish me. it doesn't happen all the time but every once in a while it does and it really pisses me off. idk if anyone else has this happen or knows why but if you could tell me that would be great. thanks nice vids shiz!!!
If you don't know about the different hitboxes of his upair, chances are you're not as good as you think you are.

SavageKyle15

Smash Rookie
Hey im confused on how u do the double shine? I was watching u in crew battles angainst PC btw great job and i saw u using the deflector but it sounded like u did it twice really fast. Do u have to jump right after the first deflector and do it again really fast?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
is there a way to practice edge teching especially wheres theres no one to practice with?
Go into practice, grab a remote mine, drop it on the edge, drop down, up+b into it, attempt to tech.

Alternatively, you can go into Falco's BTT test and up/over+b into the damage buffers and try teching off those.

Hey im confused on how u do the double shine? I was watching u in crew battles against PC btw great job and i saw u using the deflector but it sounded like u did it twice really fast. Do u have to jump right after the first deflector and do it again really fast?
People, Shiz really doesn't visit these boards too often, so addressing him directly won't do much good. Many of the more educated players tend to answer questions in here these days.

To answer your question: Slide your thumb from y to b really fast while still holding down. It's not really hard once you understand the concept behind it. It's good for punishing spot dodges, very useful against crouch cancelling, semi-useful against shield grabbing, and can combo fast fallers at very low percents if performed fast enough.

mathos

Smash Champion
is there a way to practice edge teching especially wheres theres no one to practice with?
I go to Onett and turn on any explosives and tech off the buildings. That way you don't necessarily know when to hit L to begin with, unlike than being on FD with remote mines.

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
If you hit with the uair to the point where your body is basically touching the opponent it will just do damage and minimal knockback while using upair at the longest range of your legs does the reverse, doing less damage but higher knockback.
ah i see, i figured it was something like that. but thanks adi.
and crea i am noob when it comes to these forums and the terminology,but i am pretty sure that knowing what the heck a hitbox is and the ability to play are completely unrelated so stop assuming that because i don't know what the terminology is, that i don't know how to play the game, because i do. all this talk about frames and nonsense is really irrelevant when it comes to playing unless one of you has the innate ability to intelligently control your fingers at a 60th of a sec. what is important is that you can actually play the game when a controller is in your hand. the other stuff is useless so idk about you but i would rather be able to play than know all that useless stuff. i am not saying that you can't i am just asking that you stop assuming things about players you know nothing about. that's all i am sure your good but seriously i didn't ask for your opinion i asked for an explanation.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
:laugh: I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. It's just usually experience with other smashers (mostly smashboards users) is the only way to get better. And yes, knowing about the mechanics of the game WILL improve your ability to play the game. Just ask mew2king.

And about the teching in the btt; isn't the timing different for teching off of those orange...whatever they're called than say teching Marth's forward smash?

mathos

Smash Champion
Teching timing is always dependent on the percentage of your toon, distance from the techable platform, and the hitstun of the move being done to you.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Well then what exactly is it about those surfaces that makes them so much easier to tech off of?

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
yeah ok. i tried doing that thing on FD like putting motion sensor bombs, i cant get past 3 let alone 2 times consistently. besides DI'ing towards the edge, is there anything that i should do?

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. It's just usually experience with other smashers (mostly smashboards users) is the only way to get better. And yes, knowing about the mechanics of the game WILL improve your ability to play the game. Just ask mew2king.

And about the teching in the btt; isn't the timing different for teching off of those orange...whatever they're called than say teching Marth's forward smash?
i do play against other smashers all the time its just that i live in a really gay and unsmashboardspopulated area (as far as i know) and i only know like 1 or 2 other people on smashboards that live near here to play and i have consistently pwned their faces off. but as far as like the kens and pcs of smash i haven't had an opportunity to play them as much as i would love the chance.

Adi

Smash Lord
Hey, lately I've been having trouble with Fox's platform camping. Usually I play a pretty defensive laser game so when I do the Fox goes up top and waits. And when I try to go up there to attack him I usually get nair'd or bair'd to the face so yeah, I guess my trouble is with ultra defensive/reactionary foxes. It's hard to give advice without a video but what is your general approach towards Foxes once they start to go up high? Do you wait for them to come back down or do you try to hit them out of the air. Thanks ahead of time.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
hey anyone one willing to help a noob (or at least I think I am), I really need help with my pillering, I can get one started but I have troubles continuing beound the fist contact in the air. that and if any one could help with some tips for wavshining that would be a godsend :)

dawn001

Smash Ace
this is all ready been anwser but how do you do multi shine with falco i know is with by sliding your fingers form Y to B but it does not come out it works good on fox but i cant seem to do it with falco can anyone give me a tip?

Repryx

Smash Champion
I move a lil fast by DDing alot running out of wavedashes and shling all over the place

KYLEMARTHFALCODANIELSON

Smash Apprentice
i have seen vidoe of DaShizWiz and he does it fast and i cant seem to understand how is it that he does it fast...
its just all about timing. just keep practicing the technique over and over again until it becomes a muscle memory thing. then worry about implementing it into your game, it takes a lot of practice but i am sure you'll get the hang of it if you keep trying. as far as the speed goes its not just 1 technique its the combination of many complex techniques all done in succession that really speeds up your character. basically everything revolves around practicing. good luck.:)

dawn001

Smash Ace
its just all about timing. just keep practicing the technique over and over again until it becomes a muscle memory thing. then worry about implementing it into your game, it takes a lot of practice but i am sure you'll get the hang of it if you keep trying. as far as the speed goes its not just 1 technique its the combination of many complex techniques all done in succession that really speeds up your character. basically everything revolves around practicing. good luck.:)
thanks ill do my best!!!

Adi

Smash Lord
Hey I'm having some trouble DIing Fox's combos on me. Should I try to DI up/wiggle out and jump out ASAP, or should I just lean to the extremes and escape via teching on the ground. Thanks ahead of time.

Drephen

Smash Master
hi. ive been working on my grab---->downthrow tech chase----> dash attack-->dash attack--->dash attack---->dash attack--->dash attack---->downsmash combo, but i cant seem to get that 5th dash attack. Any advice?

kook321

Smash Apprentice
Do you know if you could post a match with your controller on the screen. I get the concepts on playing at a high level about i want to see what actually goes on.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If you replace that 5th dash attack with a phantasm, you could follow up with three additional dash attacks to downsmash

maximus omega

Smash Cadet
u guys prob answered this already but i dont know if u guys watched pc chris but i want to know how do u do that laser jump so fast and wavedash and laser and jump its just crazy lol anybody know how to do this.

mathos

Smash Champion
hi. ive been working on my grab---->downthrow tech chase----> dash attack-->dash attack--->dash attack---->dash attack--->dash attack---->downsmash combo, but i cant seem to get that 5th dash attack. Any advice?
You need to shoot a laser after the 4th one. The stun should give you enough time to place a fifth dash attack in.

Brookman

Smash Hero
dash attack to down smash is falco's third best combo, coming in after laser to forward smash and down air to down air.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I might just be crazy, but it seems like it's a lot easier for me to waveland from a short hop if Falco does his flipping animation instead of the standard short hop..... am I just crazy or is the timing actually different between the two jumps?

Top Bottom