• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Linari Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Question?
Is this a combo I shffl dair into shine, then shine cancel into another shine, (while in the air) cancel that one ,going to dair fastfall below him thats is if he didnt DI properly rinse and repeat maybe

Adi

Smash Lord
It works against fastfallers but even then only at the lower percentages. It's so much easier and less risky to get a simple shine combo going so that's usually the best choice.

However now that I think about that this could be useful if you're close to the edge and you want to get them a little bit higher so your spike knocks them down to their death.

I'm going to try this out later and see if it works well.

Repryx

Smash Champion
It Works Its kinda one of my favorite moves lolz But at a Higher percentage use the uair as oppose to using the dair

toga

Smash Apprentice
hi can you help me with my falcos shine spike combos

normally how i do it is jump spike them shine then jump with the and repeat the process and it works 70% of the time but when I fight people who dont get shined high in the air on the first one I normaly end up jumping over them so then I tried shine to wave dash to follow them it works some times but i need more pratice on it do you have any advice on how to do the perfect or standard shine spike combo because my falco playing is fine its just the shine spike combo I need to perfect

Adi

Smash Lord
Are you talking about general shine combos, I couldn't really make out from the way you were describing them. In any case, your best option after shining someone is to waveshine out of it, that way you can follow their DI and Dair them back down. If you're jumping above them either short hop, or if they're too far away for that, full jump dair, than fastfall.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I wouldnt say there is one standard Shine Combo. In fact due to DI Waveshining is the standard Shine combo bridge. But there is no universal shine combination that PWNS all characters because of weight classes, falling speeds & Floaties.

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I have a question about edgeguarding
one of my friends plays as link, and I just would like to know the best way to edgeguard the hookshot, because I don't know when he gains invincibility frames, and usually just don't know what my options are for guarding the edge
What is the best way to edgeguard link when he hookshots?

Miharu

Smash Hero
Flame stall to retain invincibility frames, so you don't get knocked off the edge by the hookshot, then right before he upBs, do a ledgehopped bair/nair. Either that, or wait on the stage and dsmash/ftilt him if he didn't sweetspot the hookshot.

Jacko

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the advice, usually I do firebird stall to stay invincible, but then I don't really know what to do
He usually hookshots down kinda low, so I stay away from ledgehopping dairs, but I'll try the dsmash/ftilt when he doesn't sweetspot

Salaad

Smash Ace
What do I do against a Fsmash/Forward B happy Marth?

I try to Shield, but I get knocked back...that sword has so much range!

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
weeee what a busy topic this is.

shiz I don't know you, but you helped me once
however: congratz on your tournament result at FC! Amazing.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Im Having trouble Getting My Shines in....What are some ways to Force y way past a Marth that SHs back and Fairs me? and What are some ways to just sneak a shine in....in general?

Adi

Smash Lord
If you're fighting a defensive Marth than just sit back and laser, against Marths in general you want them to be the one to approach. Not sure why you're having trouble sneaking shines in... just throw them in after L-cancelled aerials.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I get grabbed after L-canceled aerials...Not everyone could do it but I wanna know a different approach for the few that could....

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You can get grabbed anyway. L-cancelling is not an answer all. but it makes things a lot better. Try aerial>shine grab. Not shield grabbable.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ok it was G-Reg @ chu's place Okay? Here was my Plan...

Aerial>Shine>Grab or combo

Here is what happened

Aerial....Got Grabbed....
Maybe I was nervous and just botching my L-cancels....

Lit

Smash Ace
aight i just got back from a tourney and i just noticed tht i have no clue on how fight jiggs peach's and sheiks. I need help bad on all of these so can anyone help me at all wit these?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
When doing the up-down shine combos on fast fallers who do you know which direction to wavedash? Does it just depend on where you hit them with the shine, and just takes experience to master, or do I need quicker eyes?

Adi

Smash Lord
aight i just got back from a tourney and i just noticed tht i have no clue on how fight jiggs peach's and sheiks. I need help bad on all of these so can anyone help me at all wit these?

I don't know Jiggs very well, but against Peaches what you want to do is play very very defensive. Just laser them down until they move. If they float above the laser, just wait until their float ends and than attack. Try to use up tilts in your combos instead of shines because shines knock them too high. Against Sheik you can play offensive or defensive, it's your choice, but in either case watch out for up tilts and grabs, those can combo you really well and you should know how to DI them properly. Sheik is easy to shine combo so use to that your advantage. It's a pretty straight forward match, just be careful and watch out on the edge, she can edgeguard you pretty well too.

Lit

Smash Ace
ok thanks, now all i need help with is jiggs. I truelly hate playin that dumb looking puff ball.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Not really falco related here, but this is Shiz's thread, so i figure i'd ask:
Hey shiz (or anyone else that wants to, i can't really stop you), could you please take a second to help my fox get better? (link in sig)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me some advice on my Falco? The vids are on Getyourtournament.com

http://www.getyourtournament.com/videos/5026.html

My SN is DownB

I know that I full jump too much...but for some reason I can't shorthop out of a shine in an actual tournament game, and I should have beaten Creepyfingers...
shorhopping out of shine is the exact same as normal short hop. so whats the problem?

and is you honestly find it impossible to sh out of shine, have you tried wavedashing out of it? full jump is just not good.

sometimes it seemed to me like you didnt put enough laser pressure. You were in the money spot and you cud have lasered him a bit and make him make the first move but instead you'd take one shot and then go in with a shffl'd aerial and miss and get punished. I'd say you coul just use some more laser pressure.

Adi

Smash Lord
Ok it was G-Reg @ chu's place Okay? Here was my Plan...

Aerial>Shine>Grab or combo

Here is what happened

Aerial....Got Grabbed....
Maybe I was nervous and just botching my L-cancels....
I doubt even the great G-reg could perfectly grab through an L-cancelled aerial, chances are you were screwing up your fastfall timing or something, this happens when you're fighting opponents that are really good at putting the pressure on you.

Enzyme said:
When doing the up-down shine combos on fast fallers who do you know which direction to wavedash? Does it just depend on where you hit them with the shine, and just takes experience to master, or do I need quicker eyes?
No one can really tell that quickly which way they're going, however people tend to have predictable DI patterns, so watch which way they're DIing and try to Waveshine that way. Also a universal rule you can keep in mind is that when near the edge people will always try to DI towards the stage to avoid the spike so you can follow them that way.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Dont Worry Ive Gotten My Tech Skills Back Turns out I was just Way too Nervous....I need more EXP *Points*

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I need more EXP *Points*
Don't we all?
Drephen can grab through perfect pillars. Don't see why G-reg couldn't. Or anyone else. It's just timing. See Frame Data Q&A thread linked in my sig for more details on various shield pressures, and where their weaknesses are.

Repryx

Smash Champion
So Basically I have to attack Drephen and G-reg in a Dark Alley w/ and MK scorpion suit on and do the lil "GET OVER HERE" and hope they try to block it with their hands...Good Idea Scotu your a Genius

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
since falco used to be my main I've decided to pass on a combo that I made up. its called the stair case combo. its a combo involeving a mid-air shine into a devestating up-B air.if u do it correctly your opponet will have no chance of recovery before it hits. 70 or above damage is an automatic kill it has been tested an proven. to do this u must keep in mind that the mid-air shine must be done during the first jump. u must utilize the second jump very quickly after the shine to shine cancel into the up B air. your goal is to have it charged and ready to unleash durin the stunning period form the shining attack(in other words while there still being electricuted)

setting it up is very simple it all depends on what u choose as long as it sends them into the air they are vunerable to it. here are some ways I do it . u can

1.short hop into down air

2. dash attack into up tilt.(this will send them directly over u)

3.down throw to ground shine etc.

try it. questions anyone?

Repryx

Smash Champion
One Problem Down throw to SHine WOnt Work against any Decent Smash Player On a Bad Day...Its a lil thing called teching....

Junpappy

Smash Lord
since falco used to be my main I've decided to pass on a combo that I made up. its called the stair case combo. its a combo involeving a mid-air shine into a devestating up-B air.
Troooooolllll!!!!!

Secks.

Smash Ace
since falco used to be my main I've decided to pass on a combo that I made up. its called the stair case combo. its a combo involeving a mid-air shine into a devestating up-B air.if u do it correctly your opponet will have no chance of recovery before it hits. 70 or above damage is an automatic kill it has been tested an proven. to do this u must keep in mind that the mid-air shine must be done during the first jump. u must utilize the second jump very quickly after the shine to shine cancel into the up B air. your goal is to have it charged and ready to unleash durin the stunning period form the shining attack(in other words while there still being electricuted)

setting it up is very simple it all depends on what u choose as long as it sends them into the air they are vunerable to it. here are some ways I do it . u can

1.short hop into down air

2. dash attack into up tilt.(this will send them directly over u)

3.down throw to ground shine etc.

try it. questions anyone?
Might wan't to rethink about your stairway combo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPUxzEBlH-I Look at around 1:07-1:09 he was at 103% before the firebird hit... And look at 2:22-2:24 He was at 99% before the hit.....

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Why is the firebird combo so.... new?

I did it in a vid against QueenDVS about a year and a half ago. And I do think it works very well.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah I do this a lot on floaties where there's a low ceiling like YS. If possible I like try to do shine - shine rather than shine - firebird because with DI it's not too hard to avoid it.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
yeah but they shouldnt be able to. but if it does happen that means his damage was to high for u to follow your opponet after the first shine

Top Bottom