• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how exactly is the ledgehopped double lasers performed?

i can only do one and even that i have to fastfall it for it to hit.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Just kinda random:
OK. Just made it. Please forgive my rotoscoping. It's the first time i've done this kind of video capture, and i'm no SDM.

This clip goes by twice. Once in Frame time, and once in Real Time (since Digital video only has 30 fps, and the signal is 60 fps to account for interlacing).

In each clip, the first iteration is the "Ideal Pillar" which is the usual pillar, and cannot be shield grabbed before the shine (and after the Dair). The second Iteration is the "Early Pillar" which is a variety having the Dair come out asap in order to prevent shield grabbing before the dair.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4461023502456785346&hl=en
Ok.

Even more random:
Shiz, could you *please* give my fox some advice? (link in sig)

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I hope I can answer in his place. this question was answered like one or two pages ago

this is what you're doing wrong possibly:

- doing the dair/nair too early
- not l-canceling
- not fastfalling

if you do all of these correct the shffled nair/bair should be very hard to shieldgrab. I'm not sure if it's really ingrabbable or not >_< but it's the best you'll get with it.

I just found out you can do shine->up smash real fast! It's like, a new door to open <3

And stair->firefox does work on floaties too? I've tried it out on cpu's, I wasn't really sure if a real player could move before the firefox hit. Ah well.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah lol, it's so easy to DI out of this, and if your opponents aren't dumb they'll mix up their DI so you overshoot and miss.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I hope I can answer in his place. this question was answered like one or two pages ago

this is what you're doing wrong possibly:

- doing the dair/nair too early
- not l-canceling
- not fastfalling

if you do all of these correct the shffled nair/bair should be very hard to shieldgrab. I'm not sure if it's really ingrabbable or not >_< but it's the best you'll get with it.

I just found out you can do shine->up smash real fast! It's like, a new door to open <3

And stair->firefox does work on floaties too? I've tried it out on cpu's, I wasn't really sure if a real player could move before the firefox hit. Ah well.

I couldn't of said it any better. Surma it has to be one of these problems.

Scotu.

I watched the vid of you vs anthers Fox. Your fox is good. But I think you do too many fairs. I know they can lead into good combos and stuff. But at some times you head many better options that would of got rid of your opponent. And If your going to play flashy, with *example* unnecessary wavelands or shines and stuff. Just try to make sure it connects. Your fox has lots of potential. I just think you have a problem setting your opponent up for combos and stuff. But other than that, your fox is good :chuckle:.

And sorry to others I havn't been able to help. As I've said, I don't have internet connection at my house. So I can rarely get on the internet. But I think in a couple of days I may be getting DSL(Hopefully).

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Thanks Shiz. That particular game, i did do like 2 fairs instead of nairs in a row (staring with the "edgeguard" one), but i do tend to fair more than other foxen. Yeah, i've still got a ton of stuff to figure out how to get it working right. I've only been in the tourney scene since april, so i'm just starting to learn what sort of stuff does and doesn't work on good people.

Best101

Smash Ace
I need some help on comboing floaty characters like: Luigi, Samus, and Marth. I do shine, to D-air, fast-fall, then do up-tilt and finish off however way I like. But that's getting predictable.

Also how what should I do to avoid getting shield grabbed when I'm approaching with SHL?

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
hey shiz just had a quick questions about falco vs marth matches i am just curious what are some good combos to do on marth. o yea i saw ur fcd crew battle pretty crazy stuff man.thanks

Salaad

Smash Ace
I'm not that great of a Falco player but I can tell you that instead of shines you can always replace them with Utilts since at higher percents the shine will send them too high.

Adi

Smash Lord
hey shiz just had a quick questions about falco vs marth matches i am just curious what are some good combos to do on marth. o yea i saw ur fcd crew battle pretty crazy stuff man.thanks
Upthrow to Upair works surprisingly well with Falco, shine combos are really hard to pull of on higher percentages on Marth but you can replace it with uptilts and it's decent. Try to use the platforms to extend your combos as much as possible, there isn't really any set combo, just try to make things work ;D

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
just be simple with marth make some bair to dair combos, fast fall (some very useful trick now)

Every marth comes down with an arial counter w/e trying to interrupt your combo space it (or leave the platform on bf or ys for example) an then uair or shine to bair or on the ground dash attack etc.
Its pretty useful and when you dont hit you even didnt get some marth swords in your face ^^

Miharu

Smash Hero
Try to avoid being above Marth if possible, since a properly timed utilt outprioritizes everything that Falco has.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
there just seems to be something wrong with inserting your phallus into your brother's oraphacies.
I do find it funny how you're always like "thanks, now i'll be able to <blank>".

Repryx

Smash Champion
there just seems to be something wrong with inserting your phallus into your brother's oraphacies.
I do find it funny how you're always like "thanks, now i'll be able to <blank>".
Scptu What do those two big words mean? I lost My Dictionary But using the context Clues I'd Say....Incest??? Maybe???

Anyway Yeah Just Tilt on Marth and Go for up kills on Lower stages Shine Uair @ 115% Unless they DI (Like M2K Did to me) Okay Against M2K's Marth that COmbo Refuses to work....think of something else...

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah I THink When I trid it the WOrd FAILURE cam on the Screen Then He Spiked Me....He Kept Saying "Always Try to Recover" Then He'd Spike Me. And When I tried to SPike him (*IT WORKED ONE TIME*) Even In the MOst FoolProof Situations he Just....Didnt die Maybe If I tried to keep him alive his Marth would just Keel over...

Miharu

Smash Hero
Smash DI = good. Shine uair is more situational than shine bair.

And Repryx, why do you capitalize random letters when you type?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Smash DI = good. Shine uair is more situational than shine bair.

And Repryx, why do you capitalize random letters when you type?
Didnt Happen Till I started PLaying More Intense with Falco. Im so used to L-cancelling and Moving My fingers Every Which Way It Kinda Just Happens But SInce Im Lazy and this isnt for a grade I dont correct it. DOes It Bother you? I'll Try to fix it if its TOO bad but at least its not Like "WiI WOulD LiKE tO pLay" lolz

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Who is the best character to play as when a Falco main is ****ing sick of losing to stupid Ice Climber *******s because he just cant fight them?

Secks.

Smash Ace
I main Falco first and Captain Falcon second. And whenever I play someone who goes IC even if they aren't all that good, I just go Falcon. Falco is good, but its to easy to get chain grabbed. Fox is also another good character against the climbers. I use a decent amount of raptor punches with Falcon too. Refer to Azen vs. Chudat in Orlando.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Azen plays a really wierd defensive falcon that only jumps around and knees. M2K's falcon is more standard, but he loses that set.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Repryx- You shfll with your pinky? That's what you should be pressing shift with.

B-Will- lol. 47 pages at 40 post later. lol. bout time.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
alright DaShizWiz (i hope i spelt that right) if your still helping then I need help

as in my sig I main and I need some help with getting the waveshine down with him and I would like to know which is better for going againest those shield spamers would you short-hop dair into a shine or full jump

if I come up with anything else ill come back in

Repryx

Smash Champion
Repryx- You shfll with your pinky? That's what you should be pressing shift with.

B-Will- lol. 47 pages at 40 post later. lol. bout time.
No, Pinkies up when I type. I type w/ Index and Birdie Fingers, SOMETIMES Pinkies (Yeah only for Shift). I type decent both ways and YEAH I took a typing course but smash threw that out the window....

BTW I SHFFL w/ Left index I tend to make left hand movement and right attack defense. DOes anyone WD w/ one hand?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think what he meant is like all on the right hand instead of with L. I use L to wavedash.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very, Very true. I was gonna suggest it, but didn't want to come across sounding rude.

And this is probably the single best thread in the falco boards.

I'm always up for suggestions. In fact, the reason why I stickied this thread is because someone suggested I do so. I'm not on the boards a lot so I do miss a lot of things. :)

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
alright DaShizWiz (i hope i spelt that right) if your still helping then I need help

as in my sig I main and I need some help with getting the waveshine down with him and I would like to know which is better for going againest those shield spamers would you short-hop dair into a shine or full jump

if I come up with anything else ill come back in

since he's awefully often off <_< I'll just try to answer.

I'd say you can't justmake a standard for your approach. shffld dair shine is good, and fullhop dair shine is too sometimes... but when the (skilled) opponent sees it coming he can **** you for it. So try not to do it allways the same. Hop around a bit, laser a bit and when you think he won't see it coming... grab. or shffl an aerial. Full hop aerial is more situational, but still oftenly used (mostly when the opponent is already in the air).

I'd say your question needs to be better specified before a better answer can be given. Hope I helped.

Off topic: *shameless mark about me making said suggestion

Junpappy

Smash Lord
The best falco players are pretty spontaneous so you shouldn't get into a set pattern of doing anything.

Top Bottom