• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

clowsui

Smash Legend
okay, so i'm trying to pillar against ICs or Fox (or any other character, for that matter...)

trouble is, I'm getting shield grabbed before i even reach the ground....why is this?

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
okay, so i'm trying to pillar against ICs or Fox (or any other character, for that matter...)

trouble is, I'm getting shield grabbed before i even reach the ground....why is this?
You're inputting the d-air too soon. Wait a fraction of a second longer and you'll land about half way through the d-air animation, rather than at the end of it. Don't forget to l-cancel!

clowsui

Smash Legend
i am ff'ing it though o_o...i'm not really hitting the edge of the shield though, more to the middle..does that make a difference?

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
i am ff'ing it though o_o...i'm not really hitting the edge of the shield though, more to the middle..does that make a difference?
This can make a difference... When you say "edge" what do you mean? You want your d-air to hit as low on his shield as possible.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Shiz, are you going to FC? i really want to see your sexy *** falco in person. maybe even play against it (and get *****).

EDIT: Actually, i also like your fox as well.

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
What do you press to jump out of shine usually? X/Y or control stick or both? I find control stick is faster but that's not really how I'm used to... I'm trying to get used to it tho. What bout u?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
just use whatever the hell you want to. after a while, you'll get it at perfect speed no matter what you use. I usually use the control stick to full hop and double jump, so that's what i use to jump out of shines with. unless i'm comboing a fast faller, or pillaring. or otherwise short hopping. then i use x. usually. sometimes y. seriously, it doesn't matter at all. for anything. doesn't matter what.

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
I use X, but sometimes use the control stick.

Use what feels most comfortable. You'll get faster the more you practice.

Lit

Smash Ace
i use the x and the control stick... everyone says the y is better but i think using x is just naturally

clowsui

Smash Legend
almost all x....the only time i use y is to LHDL.

anyways, by edge i mean i dair on the outside part of their shield...i often dair closer to the center. i'm asking if there's a difference because i know certain moves have knockback on the shield. if the dair has knockback, then maybe hitting at the edge will get them outside of shieldgrab range and won't hurt my attempted pillar as opposed to going at the middle where i'll be just right :/

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
almost all x....the only time i use y is to LHDL.

anyways, by edge i mean i dair on the outside part of their shield...i often dair closer to the center. i'm asking if there's a difference because i know certain moves have knockback on the shield. if the dair has knockback, then maybe hitting at the edge will get them outside of shieldgrab range and won't hurt my attempted pillar as opposed to going at the middle where i'll be just right :/
There's no knockback to speak of... If anything, try doing the d-air closer to the ground. You're getting grabbed because of the lag between your d-air and your l-cancel. Not because of spacing.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I use X, but I'm not a player worth noting =/

You can fastfall faster out of your doublejump as compared to a single fulljump. Therefore, makes you more manuverable, and also makes wavelanding easier.

For example, you can't shine -> fulljump -> dair -> utilt most of the time. Instead, you have to doublejump to ensure that you hit the ground before them so you can utilt.
Thank you. When I think about it like that it makes a lot of sense.

I'd like to go to FC, but I have no one to come with me and I'm way noob... someone love me =(

SCOTU

Smash Hero
go with the texas ppl maybe. and there is a bit of shield knockback, it's based on traction which is decreased by light shielding. Note that you can also ASDI and SDI while in a shield.

blackbird

Smash Cadet
quick question . what's the fastest way to pull up the light shield. the only way that i know is pushing z and when i do that it always grabs or does my nair.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, holding z puts up the lightest light shield. you can also do it by lightly pressing r/l. the trick is to hold z while in lag of something (like a grab, which is what you've been using) like a jab. that'd be pretty fast. Rolls work for light shield edgehogging.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Shiz Next time ur near my area in MD I wanna play you I say there should be a Flaco tourney lolz(Maybe thats a bit much iono....)

Anyway Something thats better than doing an attack then light sheilding (in all my scenarios) are L-cancelling then grabbing it works wonders on sheild grabbers.

BTW Scotu's advice on the light sheild is probably the best option....Take it!

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
At what % can fast fallers get out of falco's up down combo and what % does the dair become techable. What are some other definite combos on fast fallers, please include %'s with it. Thanks in advance.

Secks.

Smash Ace
I'm really having a hard time Ledge Hop Double Lasering. I mean I can do it easy its just I'm trying to do it where I can make the lasers shoot out at the same level I see Shiz and PC and all the top Falcos bust it out easy. I'm really used to using x and y to ledge hop and using the control stick is kinda hard but I heard its easier with it. I don't even know if its possible to double short hop laser as quickly with x and y.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
The control stick is immensely easier for me. Just push down, wait a little bit, then slam it diagonally up and spam B. Make sure not to accidently Forward-B or Up-B though. But if you want to learn it with X or Y, it is certainly possible. I think Bombsoldier did it with buttons, and he was one of the first ones to really use it.

Secks.

Smash Ace
I mean I'm pretty sure its possible and I'd like to know how to do it.... But I don't even come close doing it with x and y than I do with the control stick.... I don't wana get out of edge hopping without the buttons because I don't wana screw any of my tech game.. Can someone help out with the whole LHDL with x and y buttons?

Handorin

Smash Hero
All I can say about that is practice. If you can do it with the control stick, you have the timing down for that and know what it looks like. You just need to transfer it over. Just some advice though: Dont worry about changing it. Im the same as you, I use x/y for everything except my LHDL. Just let it be different. It wont transfer into your main game because you probably wont be doing it enough for that to happen.

mathos

Smash Champion
At what % can fast fallers get out of falco's up down combo and what % does the dair become techable. What are some other definite combos on fast fallers, please include %'s with it. Thanks in advance.
Up down combo? I'm assuming you mean spike shine, and exclusively just using those only to around 50%, because the dair becomes techable around 40% and the opponent will go to far for the shine to hit correctly.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wow Mathos....Cool Ahh in any case How do you do the shine twice and three times in a row w/o WD in place? I think I saw Shiz do it against forward but Im not sure. Ive done it several times on occasion but that was just mashing...Is there a better way?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
JC shines. you jump. 5 frames later, press down b. just like jcing a grab/ usmash. except w/ a shine. using this to go from one shine to another is known as multishining. and has very limited uses (or so i've found, but maybe that's cause i use fox, not falco, shiz uses it like none other).

darkchrono_09

Smash Cadet
Hi new smasher here, I just picked up SHFFLing i can shuffl dairs pretty well but i have a question. Everytime i hit a shffled dair on an shielding/not shielding opponent, is it a different timing for the l-cancel for both?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I don't remember to be honest if there is actually a difference, but i think there is. I just practice sometimes by rubberbandin a controller's l button down, and drillshining them a little, then multishining them until their shield breaks. I try it on a bunch of different characters in 1 minute matches, and see how many times i can break their shield.

Adi

Smash Lord
if you L-cancel D-air properly I think there's only like 7 frames of lag so unless you have insanely fast fingers I don't think you need to spam down-B.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Here's a little something that might help you. It's not how fast you jump, but how fast you press B AFTER you jump. Just make sure to not jump too fast, or else the lasers will be too high, and make sure to press B immediately after you jump.

Top Bottom