• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
im great at the SHL but can someone tell me exactly what RSHL stands for? running short hop laser? is that it?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
ideally, you want to be able to rshl while moving backwards. not running jumping rshling, but actually just jumping backwards w/ an rshl, it's a really fast way to be oppressive.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
oh ok reverse yea i picked that up pretty easily a few days ago. what are the advantages of just jumping backwards w/ a rshl as opposed to run->jump->rshl?

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
oh ok reverse yea i picked that up pretty easily a few days ago. what are the advantages of just jumping backwards w/ a rshl as opposed to run->jump->rshl?
It depends in how much spacing you want to have between you and your opponent I guess.

run->jump->rshl is more useful if you want to create a lot of space and it comes out faster than just jumping backwards w/ a rshl

Either way I find run->jump->rshl the most effetive, but that's just me.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
It depends in how much spacing you want to have between you and your opponent I guess.

run->jump->rshl is more useful if you want to create a lot of space and it comes out faster than just jumping backwards w/ a rshl

Either way I find run->jump->rshl the most effetive, but that's just me.
yea i use the running version to create space and cover my ***. plus its easy to run away from your oppnent->rshl->turn around->shl->shffl'd attack.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
the reverse jump is faster and covers more distance quickly, while covering your *** while moving. That's the advantage. Just make sure you fast fall it.

SniPeR WoLF

Smash Cadet
Most of the times samus always comes back with her stupid bomb jump, i suggest the best way is to short hop laser when she is trying to come back so you can mess her up, other than that when you are facing a samus with falco, don't hang on the edge.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
About multishining. Is it really that useful being able to do it without the spot wavedash? Because I can't seem to get from shine > jump > shine within the 6 frames to stay on the ground.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it is critical to multishining. With the wavedash. you might as well pillar.

Adi

Smash Lord
Most of the times samus always comes back with her stupid bomb jump, i suggest the best way is to short hop laser when she is trying to come back so you can mess her up, other than that when you are facing a samus with falco, don't hang on the edge.
Yeah, a smart Samus will always hit you with a b-up if you're hanging on the edge, just laser and hope they go for the grapple, at which point you can probably go off and attack them when they came up.

0ChibiCloud said:
Hm im sure that a few people have already asked this before, but how do u light-shield edgeguard again? =/
This is a move specific to fighting Marths. What you do is that you hold L or R very gently and then angle the shield towards the edge. When the Marth B-up's he'll hit the shield and you'll fall onto the edge, preventing him from grabbing it. This isn't failsafe though, so make sure you're ready if he hits the ground.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
On multishining: No, it is not necessary to do whatsoever. It can help, but in NO WAY is near the top of the list to master.

On Lightshield edgehogging: The most consistent way to do it is to roll to the edge, while rolling, press and hold z (holding z does a maximum lightshield). and while rolling, tilt the control stick down and towards the edge. This will guarantee a lightshield edgehog.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Woah thats how to do it? Hrm Multi-shining is good (I JUST LEARNED IT HAH SCOTU lolz) It helps pillars and Lowers the morale of an opponent!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah... that's about it... not really important at all. You should spend time mastering far more useful techniques.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well, it does work on any attack, but if the attack has more than 1 hit, if they're close enough together, the 2nd hit will hit you before you catch the edge. Can someone explain to me why this is any better than a normal edgehog btw?

pockyD

Smash Legend
1) it's often faster (since you don't have to get ON the edge)
2) more margin for error (you don't have to time your roll-up; sometimes making it the only way to successfully edgehog if they have a large enough window to up-b)
3) if they get through you, you get a free ledgehop hit, whereas if you were doing a true edgehog, you would've either gotten hit by their up-b or you would be in the middle of some sort of get-up animation and have less time to punish (most notable if you're over 100 of course)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
and the advantages of a normal edgehog are that you can intercept them w/ an aerial, and make sure they can't just grab the edge w/o up-b'ing.

Thanks.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Don't forget that the light shield edge hog will also pressure marth to land on the stage instead of sweet spotting, which will make you grab the ledge and set you up for a ledge hopped back air during marth's up-b lag.

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
uhh about the infinite shine, about what is the timing, cuz if i just spam shone, jump, shine,
it doesnt work..

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm guessing that you are talking about a JC shine. Well, unless you've mastered almost every other part of your technical game, and i mean mastered, you probably shouldn't be trying to learn this because frankly it isn't that good. that aside, i'm not about to not help someone asking. so, after jumping, you must press down-b exactly 5 frames after jumping (so the shine comes out 6 frames after the start of the jump). This means that from from y/x/up>shine there should be exactly *exactly* 1/10 second.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
What should my approach be if im going against a lighter character? Because I tend to combo out of shines a lot but the lighter characters can be sent out of range even at low percents from a shine. Should I stick to shffls and only shine at the percentages where I can just JC Shine > Bair?

Miharu

Smash Hero
For lighter characters, use shine djdair to utilt, and go from there. For stuff like Jiggly, just do shine -> aerial. Can't really combo that thing. However, abuse tilts against Jiggly; utilt is especially effective.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah it really doesn't matter, the back in general is probably a better place to be but don't try to wait just to end up there.

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
Yo ragingasian I like your avatar lots.....SWEETNESS. BTW did you draw/color that in yourself?

Also.....yo scotu you say you need to do it after the 5th frame.....or on the sixth...can't you just interrupt the jump animation with a shine...isn't that the concept cuz you're making it out to be much harder than it actually is.

Top Bottom