• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Hey dShep_04, DaShizWiz IS better than Bombsoldier.

Does anyone know how to DI outside of Falco's shine?

And what is more efficient (while doing the pillar), double jumping or just jumping? Here's an example: I Jump-Cancel the shine and double jump to Dair.

itsneverfair

Smash Cadet
hey shiz how do you manage to get in that shine to start the combo? is it the sidestep to shine? do you have any suggestions on how to get the timing? like shining immediately after the sidestep ends, how would you practice?

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
I never said bombsoldier was good in the first place... i dont like him... and i agree... dashizwiz is better than bombsoldier

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I never said bombsoldier was good in the first place... i dont like him... and i agree... dashizwiz is better than bombsoldier
Dont turn this into another bombsoldier vs (Insert name here) thread and get it closed.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Indeed

Dont turn this into another bombsoldier vs (Insert name here) thread and get it closed.
what are you talking about... if you dont start thinking that... then nobody else will... in my post... i was saying how all my friends are stuck on him.... i give him his credit he's good... but he's not one of my favs... and that's all i have to say about that...

INDEED

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Don't worry bout it, its cool. It would be pretty lame though getting the thread close this late into the thread though because of Bombsoldier lol.

I'll try to answer questions as soon as I can guys, my internet is getting fixed at my house.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Man... I can't stop watching your videos... you are absolutely too good for your own good (I mean that in a good way 8-p)... did you create your banner yourself or did somebody do it for you... it's good... im in the process of relearning how to do them... but it's kewl...

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I'll try to answer questions as soon as I can guys, my internet is getting fixed at my house.
Not to seem insulting or something, but all you do is say that you can't answer questions right now, and that you will try to answer some when you get a chance, and when you do get that chance, you answer like 1 question.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Not to seem insulting or something, but all you do is say that you can't answer questions right now, and that you will try to answer some when you get a chance, and when you do get that chance, you answer like 1 question.
Also not to seem insulting, but most of the questions that get asked here don't really require anyone of Shiz's level of expertise to be fully answered.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
That is true, I think this thread should be closed and a Falco F.A.Q should be made and then Shiz can reopen another thread about this sort of stuff. Because you keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
That's because people aren't SEARCHING. Besides, the point of this thread is so you have all of that repetitive questioning contained in one thread instead of popping up everywhere in the Falco forums.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
OH MY GOD... i should have known you were on here... Im a big fan of yours... i would reallly love to play against you and Zhu... 1 day... man... yall are awesome... i dont have any good vids of me at all on youtube.. well... i did... but i took them all down b/c watching videos by DaShizWiz/You/ & Zhu puts my vids to shame... so when i feel like my vids are ready for the world... i'll post them back up...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Gary, I just say I'll answer questions later to let people know I see their questions and its not being overlooked. If you want I'll just look at them and not say anything.

Saberhof, the illusion stall. The way you do it is getting on the edge of the stage. And then push the control stick the opposite way to get off the ledge. Then slide your fingers from Y to B, towards the stage. Keep doing that.

Flavor_Flav

Smash Journeyman
You got any tips on the shining shinanogins like the x(2,3,4,5...) shines continuously without a WD. I seen it alot in your vids and Ive been practicing it but I dunno if its about timing or about quickness. Feedback appreciated :D. Your too good btw.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
doesn't work if you're too fast either, that's my problem, i can't slow down my finger to the right rhythm w/o there being large amounts of time between shines.

Miharu

Smash Hero
You don't need to jump for the phantasm stall. The way Zhu does it is just use cstick to let go of ledge, and quickly input forward b to catch the ledge again.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i need alot of help. i was playing falco alot before took maybe a week break from my practice. now my shl occasional dont come out ( i know this can only be fixed by more practice / timing) another problem im having is occasionaly falco turns around when im shl in place. this happen to anyone??? iono if my rshl have taken a toll on my new controller or what....

another thing anytipsf or multishining..... i cant do one..... barely 2 at 1/4 speed in training....

i only get one laser when i try to edgehopdoublelaser.... and its about middle level of the stage not gliding across the floor......

finally do double shines cancels work against comps??? i need to practice this but i always miss the second shine..

the last thing is when i shine i get out of the shine slow *** hell sometimes and it pisses me off.

Miharu

Smash Hero
You're probably just pressing B too late for SHL.

And for the LHDL, it's not how quickly you jump, but how quickly you you press B AFTER you jump.

And multishining shouldn't be dealt with until every single other aspect of your game is solid. So make sure you can l-cancel perfectly, know most of the basic combos, edge game, etc. Then you can start worry about multishining. And the method that most people use is to slide their thumb from Y to B. Quickly, that is.

Handorin

Smash Hero
LHDL just takes practice to know exactly how long before you jump back up. It is easiest to use the control stick to jump back up because you nee to press B almost exactly after you jump back up.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
most people use y & b to multi shine... i just uses the control stick and b... i find it much easier...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Don't practice multishining on any speed but 1x. it'll mess w/ your timing, and the rhythm is non-transferable to faster speeds. I've had the most luck w/ the control stick, because i'm accustom to fox's y>b timing, so i can do falco's on a faster timing... but that doesn't help. Besides, falco doesn't need multishining anyway, the pillar works perfectly in place. You'll never need more than 2 shines (only 2 if you expect them to grab after the first, if you expect them to grab after the 2nd, only do one).

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I can do 2 shines and I don't find it nesasary to be able to do anymore except to look fancy. I use the control stick because I just can't get used to sliding from Y to B. I used to try this but I couldn't seem to get the slide timing so I gave up and now I can do it almost every time with the control stick. I just need to get the short hop timing out of the second shine because whenever I do it, I full jump out for some reason.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
And Kashakunaki, why do you have SmashMac quoted in your post?
I don't have it quoted in my post, but in my signature. I quoted him because I absolutely agree with that, and that's what he told me when he was helping my Doc. Plus, you, Smashmac, and KSN are my Smash heroes! Long live the Mario Hat Bros. lawl

Also, how impossible is it to doubleshine with X or the control stick?

And

How do you shine out of shield? Same concept as a doubleshine, correct?

MasterGary

Smash Ace
From what I know you cant shine out of a sheild. The only thing that I know that you can do out of a shield is up+b, usmash, grab, and jump.

And it's not impossible to double shine with the control stick because that's what I use.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
From what I know you cant shine out of a sheild. The only thing that I know that you can do out of a shield is up+b, usmash, grab, and jump.

And it's not impossible to double shine with the control stick because that's what I use.
you can jump out of a shield, so you can jump out into a shine. a shine that you never left the ground to do. it's just like multishining, except not from one shine to another, but from a shield to a shine. aka shield shining.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Kashakunaki;2412061 How do you shine out of shield? Same concept as a doubleshine said:
To answer your question in a nutshell.

To answer your question cause Shiz'll only have to give you the same one word answer I will

And to discredit anything that goes against what I say.

Yes. OoS shine = JC Shine. Timing's harder though, cause if you press down to early, you'll just dodge.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
unless you jc your shines w/ the control stick w/ falco because he has a really slow jump, then it's exactly the same.

edit: whoo! 300'th post

Top Bottom