• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

xelad1

Smash Ace
But, Even from his old stuff he was really good. Anyone think PC Chris can take over as top Falco?
STFU JUST STFU RIGHT NOW... we don't need more debates about bombsoldier and pc chris/forward/shiz OR WHATEVER.... this is a useful thread and we don't need it closed by the mods because of stupidity. PC Chris already is the top ranked falco in the US, and we have no recent news of Bombsoldier and frankly I don't care. He could have figured out a secret technique to make falco do infinite combos and short hop double lasers out of his *** and it wouldn't matter because hardly anyone has seen him compete as of late except for those videos that surfaced a little while ago and those were just friendlies, no one knows how he would do against our players.

Forward, PC Chris, Shiz, Dope et all are all amazing falco players and they are undermined when you noobs come here and say OMGZ LOL BUT WHAT ABUT BOMBSOLDIAR! If you want to debate this make your own freaking thread about it so it can be closed by the mods, but don't debate it in the help thread made by shiz so it gets closed and then you screw everyone else over. Go use the search function and look for PC Chris vs. Bombsoldier and you can find ALL the "who vs. who" threads you want and read them until your head explodes but for now please just stfu.

xelad1

Smash Ace
Was all that flaming really needed? All I did was ask a question. I didn't mean anything by it.
No not necessarily but it was a general vent against those types of comments, also you need to get more informed before you post some of the stuff you do... blindly answering and saying NO shiz isn't the best falco, but he's close, and that bombsoldier is the best falco... well its just kind of ignorant. Have you played/met either one of them? Somehow I doubt it.... maybe this will also explain the frustration:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103367&highlight=bombsoldier
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102657&highlight=bombsoldier
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100558&highlight=bombsoldier
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97158&highlight=bombsoldier

And here is the grandaddy of them all: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=79065&highlight=bombsoldier

notice how they are all closed? Yes? Good.... now you can understand why this topic NEVER be discussed again.

And this one just for laughs because forward is too good: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94466&highlight=bombsoldier

SeriousTyro

Smash Rookie
When I fight one of my friends and I pillar him, I can't really shine because he always grabs me when I do that. Is it because of the delay of his shield that I am not able to shine? I think I L-Cancel pretty well but I can't seem to do it when I hit his shield. Should I just not pillar him and instead when I fall down go close to him and b-air him so he wouldn't be able to grab me?

I recently watched one of your vids of you shining twice and wondered why do you do that?

xelad1

Smash Ace
When I fight one of my friends and I pillar him, I can't really shine because he always grabs me when I do that. Is it because of the delay of his shield that I am not able to shine? I think I L-Cancel pretty well but I can't seem to do it when I hit his shield. Should I just not pillar him and instead when I fall down go close to him and b-air him so he wouldn't be able to grab me?

I recently watched one of your vids of you shining twice and wondered why do you do that?
Shffling aerials has different timings if you are doing it without hitting an opponent, hitting an opponent, and hitting an opponents shield. If you want to practice pillaring against a shield put on a lvl 1 cpu (or better yet another human player so they don't jab you and annoying stuff like that), put the starmans on high or very high and let the cpu/blank human grab one. The star invincibility acts like a shield would... so practice pillaring on the invincible partner you've set up to get down the timing. If you are pillaring properly it should be harder to grab you.

Shiz shines twice because it is a more effective way to pillar, helping negate any shield grabbing since the shine comes out very quickly, but the regular pillar should work as well for starters, the double shine pillar is more advanced and very few pros use it effectively, in fact I've only seen shiz use it consistently and effectively to date and even he messes up once in a while :p

xelad1

Smash Ace
I'm trying to incorparate the double shine -> d-air into my normal play.
Its hard. Best way I've found to practice it is using it against an invincible opponent. Also you should practice multishining by itself so that you can do 4+ fairly comfortably, that way doubleshining won't be as hard, the more multishines you can do the better your doubleshine pillar will get.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I can double shine pillar but I usualy full jump d-air instead of short hop d-air. When I do it I use the control stick for the doubleshine and I'm not sure what I jump out of the second shine with.

clowsui

Smash Legend
how does one do forward's freaking amazing ehdls? y'know, the ones where he just pops up and lays two at the same height?
also, is it possible to doubleshine with x in an actual match? i've never ever heard of anyone doing it an i'm a crazy lover of x so :/

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
also, is it possible to doubleshine with x in an actual match? i've never ever heard of anyone doing it an i'm a crazy lover of x so :/
You should never limit yourself to doing things one way and saying, "No I like it that way." Try Y. :) But of course I'm sure it's possible. Practical? No.

:lick:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
how does one do forward's freaking amazing ehdls? y'know, the ones where he just pops up and lays two at the same height?
Actually, my fingers are too fast to multishine w/ falco using x. (used to doing it w/ fox & y). My motion from x>b is 1 frame short of y>b. If I could do it w/ x it would save me a lot of trouble.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I didn't really feel like searching so I'll just ask: What are good stages to counterpick against Sheik when FD has been banned?

Miharu

Smash Hero
Personally, I hate FD against most characters, simply because the lack of platforms reduces combo potential, even for other spacies and CF.

There's no really "good" or "bad" stage to counterpick against Sheik. I'm sure if you asked enough Falcos, you'd get all of the stages told to you at least once. So it pretty much comes down to personal preference. Just pick whichever stage you're most comfortable on. I personally like FoD against Sheik, simply for the nice dair chains and other combos you can pull off with the weird platform heights.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I like Marth's story, Fox's Stadium and Falcon's Battlefield against Sheik.

I also personally hardly ever counterpick Falco Destination for my falco during a set. It just doesn't alow some of my other combos which are harder to get away from and platform tech chasing to come into play.

The lack of platforms bugs me.

PS: and yes... I named the stages after characters because it's funny to me. Running joke everywhere I suppose but especially here in the MD/VA region.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Um MLG allows players to each ban one stage before they start their set I believe. We banned stages at a tournament here in my state. I got my *** kicked in the first round of the brackets by Darkrain. No fun. He banned Dream Land 64 and I banned Battle Field.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Yea, thats mainly protocol. 8 minuet time limit pause off usually, for the first match both players pick whichever characters they want. After that the winner picks character first and allows the loser to pick last. They ban 1 stage a piece before the set begins and the loser picks the stage after every match. You got yourself a usually pro tourny. That and certain levels are banned completely compared to others. Like some tournys they ban Peach's Castle but I've seen others where its allowed as a counter pick so really the tournament makes their own rules.

Secks.

Smash Ace
I believe that is MLG rules besides the bracket system. Its weird because they carry matches from previously in the tourny or something like that. Not like it matters anymore though after MLG dropped smash. t.t

SCOTU

Smash Hero
This kinda isn't topical anymore.

On topic: A thought occoured to me. While Up-down comboing someone, right when it becomes techable, if you ff to beat them to the ground, you can jab them into a shine to continue, or a smash/ tilt. Thoughts?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Drop -> Flick up on Controlstick-> Start spamming B -> DI toward the stage.

There's a video somewhere that basically says what I said but with a video. It just requires you sitting down and practicing until you get it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
What kind of tournament bans FD? That is undeniably the most fair stages int he game.
Is this a joke? FD allows 0-death CGs which wouldn't really be possible on other stages, even large ones such as DL 64. And the lack of platforms cuts down the number of available combos. I'll even go so far as to say that FD really isn't Falco's best stage, since it's still quite simple to pressure/approach with lasers on the various platformed stages.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
on the LHDL, i like to flick the control stick down, wait a few frames, then slide from y>b>b to get sexy lasers (at the same height). The wait frames depend on how high you want the lasers. i think you jump when falco's head is even w/ the edge to get the lowest lasers (not sure, someone check me on this).

terr13

Smash Journeyman
For LHDL I push down on the control stick, wait until I have pushed the control stick the entire way down and a few extra frames, then flick the control stick diagonally up, so you don't fall and die to your death. Spam B while rising and it should work..

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just make sure you let go of up or you will firebird. I still do that sometimes if I try to rush it, and I always get punished.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys I no longer have internet connection at my house. And risking the schools connection while I'm in class is kinda bad. So I'll try to help when I can.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
MAN... you are awesome with Falco... everybody I know who plays with Falco are stuck on Bombsoldier... I personally dont think he's all that great... but he could probably kick my butt with a minor complications... but yeah... i started playing smash 2 years ago with my friends in college... and i started out playing with pikachu and samus... but i got tired of playing with them... they wasn't my type... but then i started playing around with falco and fox... and it's been history ever since... I've played in a couple of "LOCAL" tourneys and I actually got 2nd place which isn't that bad... but still... im not known like you or p.c chris and bombsoldier... but anyways... just watching your vids makes me wanna take my falco to another level... i've only been playing with him for about 6/7 month's now and he just ***** everybody who get in his way... with the exception of Fox and Ganondorf... these 2 guys @ my college are beast with them... and they kick my butt all the time... oh well... TTYL... GREAT VIDS

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm sorry to hear that DaShiz. Maybe someone else can help me with my minsicule issues.

When I try to do the jump canceled shine to Dair or Bair, I, about 30% of the time I phantasm. And I can't do the JC shine to Bair with I bair to the right. Also... well, I'm out of time. Bye.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Guys I got some connection back so I might be able to post more often. And Kashakunaki, why do you have SmashMac quoted in your post?

Top Bottom