• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the current best CF main?

Who is the best Captain Falcon Main?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
meh, I voted Isai because he had literally the worst tech skill for a pro melee player and ***** pretty much everyone in his time.

then I realized it said current........if I had to vote again for current it would go to Mango or SS

EDIT: wait.... no Mango?

bull

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
chip

i am what you call..one with no life

ive seen all these vids :)

i still just dont get that feeling in my chest

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
lmao Whatever dude Jiggs is an excellent character and she's underrated by everyone IMO. I know a ton about the game and I'm sure that a ton of ppl don't care about my opinion but whatever you're still going to hear it. I definitely don't mind being put on an ignore list if it's really that painful.
Don't down yourself, dude. You have every right to voice your opinion. Its what these forums are all about.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ok scar dont ban this one iight, i am forever known as pc jona, ban jonadiaper if you need to or w/e

and jungle, you definitely should get that feeling cuz he always does something different, not your typical stomp knee stuff, he seriously does some crazy things bro, you know that if you've seen the vids, if you get that feeling from watching darkrain videos then your nuts man

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sooo... Like are lots of people basing their votes on youtube vids? I voted for Darkrain because it seems like he's played better people and just overall has more experience.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
wait people say darkrain has more experience?

ss has been playing with isai longer then darkrain has played in tourney's hasnt he?

i dont really know so im just asking..

DrewB008

Smash Lord
lol i don't see how scar can safely safe darkrain is "way better"

why is darkrain losing sets to random local midwest sheiks
while ss is losing sets to mango, the best player in the world.

they are both good but to say one is "way better" is ****ing ********.
darkrain lost 1 set to matt r, who beat dope, watty, and probably some more solid people at that tournament. then darkrain beat him in 2 sets and won the finals. darkrain has lost 4 sets in the past 6 months, 2 of which (hungrybox and matt r) he then beat to win the tournament, then the other 2 were cactuar and m2k

matt r is as much a random local sheik as pink shinobi is a random local peach, i guess zhu travels but he still hasnt accomplished anything on the level of hungrybox cactuar or m2k

feel free to compare styles and hypothetical stuff about who is more entertaining and maybe better if they were to play, but nobody should ever question darkrains superior tournament record

and jona darkrain did the darkrain combo before anybody had ever heard of ss, and ss doesnt travel outside of california so i'd say even i have more tournament experience than him

but ss is better than me

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh wow really thats nuts.
i never would have thought.
but still, experience isnt everything.
if your good then your good.
you dont need to play everyone to be good vs everyone, you just gotta be good

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Scar I'd like to change my vote from my boy Ali to Darkrain. Can that be arranged?

Muuuch respect for SS, I love his Falcon and wished he would travel and make believers out of all of us!! With that said, I gotta go with Darkrain.

WC: MAKE SS TRAVEL!!! It would be too epic.

Scar

#HarveyDent
why is darkrain losing sets to random local midwest sheiks
........ responding w/ bigD's post
darkrain lost 1 set to matt r, who beat dope, watty, and probably some more solid people at that tournament. then darkrain beat him in 2 sets and won the finals. darkrain has lost 4 sets in the past 6 months, 2 of which (hungrybox and matt r) he then beat to win the tournament, then the other 2 were cactuar and m2k

matt r is as much a random local sheik as pink shinobi is a random local peach, i guess zhu travels but he still hasnt accomplished anything on the level of hungrybox cactuar or m2k

feel free to compare styles and hypothetical stuff about who is more entertaining and maybe better if they were to play, but nobody should ever question darkrains superior tournament record
come on now
dont ignore this scar, i need it plzzz,

also, jiggs is pretty amazing that cant be denied. well maybe not jiggs, maybe its just mango
yeah i have the vids but i cant send them to you the file is like 1gb
its mango not just jiggs... he still did a really good job with his falcon and falco.
mango is amazing and i never said mango only wins b/c he plays jiggs i said jiggs is amazing, which people interpreted (perhaps rightly so considering the context) as "it's just jiggs"
meh, I voted Isai because he had literally the worst tech skill for a pro melee player and ***** pretty much everyone in his time
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

isai's tech skill was godlike

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yeah i have the vids but i cant send them to you the file is like 1gb
well how about youtube?

i know i won one match out of all of them lol, it was like a set of 3
can i give you my account stuff and you just put it on mine instead of doing it on yours if you dont want them on yours

anything lol

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
meh, I voted Isai because he had literally the worst tech skill for a pro melee player and ***** pretty much everyone in his time.

then I realized it said current........if I had to vote again for current it would go to Mango or SS

EDIT: wait.... no Mango?

bull
You obviously dont know anything about Isai.

and Mango isn't a Falcon main thats why he isn't on this list.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
lol judging off of friendlies is basically the worst idea ever

arc camped the balls off me stock after stock in friendly after friendly, i was just running at him and trying to knee, which is fine im glad he has the patience to play like that but in tourney its such a different thing
*shrug* I knew it wasn't an indication of what would happen guaranteed in EVERY match or even any tournament matches between you two, but I think it still definitely said something when he won all but one set between you guys.

But it's not really a critique of you at all. I'm not in a place to really judge the better players. You totally ***** me at MM14 <.<;;

All I was saying was that at the very least Arc gave you a run for your money which says a good deal in my opinion. But like I said, who I am to judge? When Arc met me I was a complete scrub--his words exactly XD Now I'm just less of one ;3

Scar

#HarveyDent
All I was saying was that at the very least Arc gave you a run for your money which says a good deal in my opinion.
just for you next time i'm in mass i'll MM him so you can see just how close he will come to taking my actual money

friendlies suck

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I might not be there ><;; But record it. I'm interested. And no hard feelings, man. I wasn't trying to be judgmental or whatever. Like I said, you seriously owned me when we played, so I don't even feel like I'm a good person to judge at all.

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
i don't see how being flashy negates the fact that he can't be technical (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ImnibVeSg is 2:03 flashy?). SS's grab game is phenomenal and he always covers more than one option on recovery regardless if it's just a downthrow or if a spacey is coming back on the ledge for example

i do think that darkrain handles his recoveries better and his consistency against non-spacies is better

but place the two in a tournament, i feel that SS would undoubtedly place higher hence making him the "best CF main" atm

but what credibility do i have anyways? ;)

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
lmao Whatever dude Jiggs is an excellent character and she's underrated by everyone IMO. I know a ton about the game and I'm sure that a ton of ppl don't care about my opinion but whatever you're still going to hear it. I definitely don't mind being put on an ignore list if it's really that painful.
Puff is sssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooo broken

haha

nah scar is cool

papermarkis

Smash Lord
This conversation is starting to get really dumb. There is no conclusive evidence to say which player is better because they've never played against each other. People are just spouting random opinions that have nothing to do with their skill or that can be applied to either player. Sentences like "SS combos better than Darkrain" don't even make sense. The best thing for everyone in this thread to do is wait for the inevitable Darkrain VS Silent Spectre money match at Genesis this summer.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ill do it for you

that would only show whos the best at falcon dittos

not whos the best falcon :)

Scar

#HarveyDent
we'll all see how everyone does in the bracket

placement and who they beat/lost to will be very important

and then also the epic moneymatches

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
scar can you teach me someday how to be good at this game?

i suck

or at least to be as electrifiying as you?

:)

Scar

#HarveyDent
ABSOLUTELY

in fact there is a thread called ask scar + bigD melee falcon questions designed as a means to such an end

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I flipped a coin to decide between voting for Darkrain and SS. The most objective way I could think of to choose between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom