• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who here was inspired by a pro to play a certain Melee character?

greenblob

Smash Lord
I started playing Jiggs in Smash 64 when I discovered drill>rest. Of course I stuck with Jiggs in Melee. Most of my Melee stuff is derived from watching King.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I was actually inspired by Ken. His Marth made me want to pwn so I mained Marth for a bit. Then after I saw KDJ, I was hooked on Shiek.

Shiek FTW!!!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ken inspired me to play Marth. M2K confirmed my choice and gave me a lot of ideas to make my game better (by better, I mean more gimpy lol.)

saberhof

Smash Master
DaShizWiz...no words...this guy is an amazing inspiration for me to get better...i can honestly say i have seen ALL his matches and combo videos...and i am still trying to learn...i hope he critiques my new vids soon =O...(when i post them that is >_>)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ken inspired me to play Marth. M2K confirmed my choice and gave me a lot of ideas to make my game better (by better, I mean more gimpy lol.)
Yeah, Ken's Marth did it for me, although it wasn't just his Marth, but Ken Combo. Yeah, I pretty much started playing due to the Ken Combo lol.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
Pc chris influenced me to play falco and dashizwiz vids influenced me to become super technical

D

Deleted member

the germ got me into tanking link

the cape got me into playing mario a lot

Tipman got me into playing ganon

and after watching rofl i play a lot of luigi now

adamanga

Smash Rookie
I recently decided to main Doc, without any influence during my decision. Now that I've been training beyond your average “basic smasher”, I've been inspired to further my tech skills because of DBR's BOB$, who is so far the best Doc player I've seen!

xelad1

Smash Ace
I started playing falco since melee came out... and then bombsoldier inspired me to main him at a competitive level since the matches between him and ken were the first times I'd ever seen this game played at a higher level. Since then I've played different characters and am pretty much even with fox falco and marth as my mains... but I play just about everyone.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
ive mained fox since ssb and still main him to this day, but i was inspired to pick up samus by watty and learned a thing or two by watching mike nastys videos,, other than that ive been inspired by vidjo and omnigamer just because theyre nice guys and great smashers.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
i have lots for my many different characters. i cant just say one in general but heres my list

Luigi - Ka-Master (hes just too good)
Mario - Eggz, The Cape, Green Mario, Tha Shogun (so many different play styles)
C. Falcon - G-Reg, SS, Isai, Darkrain
Yoshi - BringerOfDeath, Fumi
Doc - Bob$
Overall inspired me to play - Fumi. despite not having a third jump, i learned a lot from the guy just by watching videos. many different tactics fused into just a yoshi.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I was inspired to play Wes by samus.

Then I realized I can't play samus and just switched to fox cause he is easy.

damage incorperated

Smash Apprentice
Marth - ken
Sheik - kdj
Peach - cort
Fox - chillin
Falco - pc
Falcon - ss
IC - chu
Samus - hugs
Doc - bob$
Jiggs - king
Mario - eggz
Ganon - eddie
Link - germ
Luigi - ka-m
DK - bum
Roy - neo
YLink - caveman
Pika - chad
Yoshi - fumi
G&W - dire
Zelda - mow
Ness - simna
Bowser - gimpy
M2 - taj
Kirby - copycat
Pichu - kdj

NadaisaGod

Smash Apprentice
In order...

Roy - My own choice. (First character, before advanced techs)
Link - Aniki. (Started learning advance techs)
Young Link - Aniki.
Jigglypuff - King.
Samus - Aniki.
Sheik - I'm not sure... They beat BS.
Falco - Rice, BS, Forward, and PC Chris.
Fox - PC Chris.
Marth - Ken.
C. Falcon - Isai.
Yoshi - Fumi.
I.C. - Chu Dat.

Still a Fox main. ;O I dabble in everyone, though.

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
CF: Darkrain, Isai, Jiano, Silent Spectre
ICs: Chudat
Samus: Wes
Yoshi: Fumi
Falco: PC Chris
Fox: Chillin, Ken
YL: Wak
DK: Pkm, Bum
Jiggs: King

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
I play Falco since ever, back then stunning blaster, spike and fsmash ftw
I played but dropped again:
Peach. Inspiration Krazy Jones
Yoshi - Zenothlee
ICs -Chu
G&W - I liked his dtilt
Fox - Zelgadis
Luigi - Ka Master (the first pro match ive ver seen, before I knew about advanced stuff was bladewises marth vs kas luigi. I was like ZOMFG Luigi sliding super fast wtfhax. In fact Ka-master inspired me to become pro smasher, thx man)

I still play:
YL, dropped but playing again because of Wak,
Sheik because of my hero - the Tier list
Jiggly because of the one and only King
Ganon - Tipman, Dorf1233
Falcon - ISAI, 2 gud <3
Mario - Silvershadow
Marth - Aisengobay
Pikachu - a friend of mine. She plays pika but really newbie, so i started dittoing her to show her the real power of pika.

edit: btw, SuperDoodleMan inspired me to buy an AR
debug menu ftw

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
Nobody influenced me 2 play as anyone. I started off as Fox becuz of his speed and that I can control his moves better than the rest of the other characters.

Two years later, I learned wavedashing and L-canceling with him that I lost so many matches, and that wuz really disappointing for me.

Until this month, I got inspired by a pro who played as Luigi and how he did the wavedashing with him that gives Luigi great distance away from his opponent.

So now, I play as Luigi because of his close range attacks and his dash move that makes him slide a little when he stops.

(Sry, forgot who the pro wuz, and the only pro moves i occasionally use with Luigi is wavedashing and sometimes L-cancelling)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I used to play Falco cuz of Bombsoldier.

But then I picked fox because shine spiking is unbelievably fun. I picked other characters for similar reasons.

And Sheik is a very very fun character :chuckle:

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Ken DID inspire me to play as Marth, but as I was watching his vids on youtube, I came across one of his fights with Aniki, when he still mained Link. I saw Aniki's mindgames and... well, his pwnage ( :p ) and noticed all of these moves for Link that I never saw the true power of before(I used to think bombs stink o_O). So I went from a n00b Link, to a mediocre Marth, and then to a great Link.

But why did Aniki go to Samus? -_- His Link pwned.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Nobody influenced me 2 play as anyone.
. . .
Until this month, I got inspired by a pro who played as Luigi and how he did the wavedashing with him that gives Luigi great distance away from his opponent.

So now, I play as Luigi because of his close range attacks and his dash move that makes him slide a little when he stops.

(Sry, forgot who the pro wuz, and the only pro moves i occasionally use with Luigi is wavedashing and sometimes L-cancelling)
If you were going to say that, why did you put in the first sentence?

And BTW, yes, I did edit the quote a little bit, but all I did was take out the non-significant stuff and underline and bolden the key statement.

Edit: I am EXTREMELY SORRY that I double-posted. I didn't mean to AT ALL.

Top Bottom