• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who here was inspired by a pro to play a certain Melee character?

Scar

#HarveyDent
Some would consider Scar a "pro" right?
I hope so. :)

I'm glad you still play Melee man, it's a better game competitively speaking. I'm trying to do my part to ensure that this excellent (and one-of-a-kind) game doesn't fall off the charts. Brawl has proven to be way more fun to a lot of people, and I love everyone in the Smash community, so I'm happy for people who enjoy the game. I just don't, and I can't imagine I'm alone.

Anyways, I picked up CF just because he's my favorite character by far. Epic air combos with an epic killmove?? Hell yes. G-Reg, Darkrain, and M2K inspired me, but I have to give my crewmates Cactuar and Pakman credit for never telling me that I should stick with Falcon.

CF + MELEE FTW.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
I got inspired by zelgadis and his shine blind combo by just seeing how fox owns so fast with it´s shinespike, and its shine combos, damm, I just fell in love with fox shine, and it´s gorgous shining people with it, that´s when I started playing fox, and I just have a lot of fun with him, and even more, I started liking him more when I started learning some good mind games, he´s just FUN (in capital).

Uncle Ray

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone said this yet but Bombsoldier inspired me to play Falco. After seeing his montage "Soldier of Fortune", I couldn't believe what I saw. This was around the time when I first got into smash and I've been with Falco ever since.

Top Bottom