• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the most badass looking SPIKE in the game...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
personally when lucas does his bair and it hits for a perfect spike is looks amazingly graceful

and awsome... anyone else think someone else's spike can top that?

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
Marth easily has the best spike, partially because its so hard to pull off it shows some lvl of skill

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Was this thread created to piss off Yuna and the other people who don't want the word spike in the community? I'm going to guess and say yes.

LOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORSLOLZORS.

TACOS ARE GODLY!

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
no amigo it wasnt, i call it a spike cuz thats what ive always called it. im not gunna stop calling it

that yuna says so. but i was thinking about it alot cuz i use lucas and i think wen he gracefully

jumps of the ledge bairs someone then easily gets back on... its perfection

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
yes it is woodman and he wanted me to tell you to stop whining about people typing, and i said

who has the best looking spike, not the best...cause the most efficient spike is def. ganon

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Ike's dtilt is always a fun spike. Also doing a short hop dair right off the edge to catch an opponent that misses a sweetspot looks pretty neat.

See both here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtblNsbkx2s

But I think Ness's rising dair is the winner for coolest spike. Ness rises up and suddenly your opponent plummets into the abyss. You can do it after hitting an offstage opponent with a PK Fire to make things easier, but for best effect, spike a Snake off his cypher while he's in the upper magnifier on Luigi's Mansion. I really wish I had that recorded.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
well it looks like ganon slightly has the upper hand.

but his spike is too generic for my tastes.

i still think lucas' spike is the most badass but i forgot about ness' spike also because sick as hell.

any others that werent mentioned?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Well technically speaking, Only Bowser has spikes on his back, but the coolest in my opinion is Ike's

mzink*

Smash Ace
Lucas's bair spike looks amazing. When I see him do it I suddenly realize the true meaning of life....but then its gone from my memory the next second.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go with Ganondorf. His spike is so powerful that the person he nails with it freezes up for a second, then launches downwards at 100000000000000000000000 MPH.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Ganon has the most satisfying spike. Not only is it incredibly effective, but it has a huge amount of freezeframes as though you just landed a sweetspotted attack, and then leaves your opponent looking electricuted to boot. Off hand, I can't think of any other spike that has either the delay or any elemental animation.

But yes, this thread is obviously designed to incite more argument. I just hope my post from the main thread doesn't get lost because of the argument getting hijacked over to here...

Edit: lol @ black shadow. I hope that typo was intentional because it's pretty funny. I say Bowser has the coolest looking meteor cancel in the game.. I mean, he pulls up into his shell and spins around while double jumps, and then when he follows it up with up-B he spins even more. Too bad it's not high enough to actually save him.. ever..

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
well it seems lucas is once again on top.

spike, meteor smash....whatever..we all know what it is right? good.

although ganons is sick as hell...

is very hard to spike someone and getting back to the stage without using both jumps...

with lucas u can spike and get back in the same jump=truely a god among men....er...video game personas

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B has the best spike in the game its original hard to do so you have to have skill and when it connects perfect it look soooo awesome

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
You're right, Lucas has the best looking spike in the game.

But 2nd best is Snake's fair. A close third is DK's dair.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
ya lucas is up by 2,

but i agree with everyone in their own right,

but none has proven close cept for luigis taunt spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom