• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the most badass looking SPIKE in the game...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
ya yuna the same concept w/ zelda is why i liek lucas's...

he does a floaty backflip and as he comes around spikes u with his toe...

pure magic

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
ya yuna the same concept w/ zelda is why i liek lucas's...

he does a floaty backflip and as he comes around spikes u with his toe...

pure magic
Exactly.

They spike you with their toes. Toes. And it's not a hard-hitting backflip or something. Lucas just flips around quite slowishly and Zelda just pricks you with her toe. And then you go down and die.

Most badass-looking? The Toes of Doom.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Psh...Ness` Yo-yo spike/ meteor is the best. Period. Who eles can spike from the stage with an up-smash?

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.

They Meteor Smash, not spike you with their toes. Toes. And it's not a hard-hitting backflip or something. Lucas just flips around quite slowishly and Zelda just pricks you with her toe. And then you go down and die.

Most badass-looking? The Toes of Doom.
Yuna, haven't you read that thread that Yuna made?

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Ever since I watched a Melee match between Wes and some Fox on YouTube (first tourney match I ever saw) I've had a thing for Samus' dair. It's just so gradual and elegant, but still so mean xD
To think it had no startup lag in Smash 64.

Tyr_God_of_war

Smash Cadet
Ike's edge canceled Aether. WIN.

Wolf's side-b. Works best when your friend is in the middle of saying that Wolf can't recover. He thought he was safe. He was wrong. Oh so very wrong. (insert evil laughter here)

Also, detonating a C4 stuck to Pit as he flies under the stage. More of a stage spike, but still epic.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Wario Bike.

It's hilarious to see it drag 'em down the pit, while they hopelessly try to DI away, only to get smacked again...

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
i vote for king dedede's..

a huge fatass penguin crashing down on you in midair sending you straight down to hell?

badass.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I personally love all Meteor Smashes, but my personal favorite is either Lucas' back-air, like you said (I didn't know that could Meteor until recently by complete accident), Lucas' down-air (it's just cool to whack with the last hit and pwn someone), or Mario's classic forward-air, which feels awesome to pull off.

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
I have to go with Samus's or Ganon's. Oh and also its making me kinda mad that your putting them in order, not everybody else, if we go by votes ganondorf is winning. lucas has like two.

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
ok by votes the order goes like this
Ganon-27
Luigi-6
MArth-5
Ike-5
Snake-5
Rob-4
Dk-4
Zelda-3
DDD-3
Lucas-3
Ness-3
Captain Falcon-2
Wolf-2
Samus-2
Lucario-1
Shiek-1
Peach-1
Olimar-1
Diddy Kong-1

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it counts or not but Ikes aether can drag people downward if done on the side of the stage.

If that doesn't count, then I would say Wario's dair when he uses the smash ball.

Daigo Jr

Smash Rookie
ZSS/ Marth ( nair jump dair is hot ****)/ TL/ I havn't seen most of them, But Luigi's sound sick as hell, So I'll go for his one too...

EDIT: Oh, And I'm new here... Hello... =]

kr3wman

Smash Master
ZSS/ Marth ( nair jump dair is hot ****)/ TL/ I havn't seen most of them, But Luigi's sound sick as hell, So I'll go for his one too...

EDIT: Oh, And I'm new here... Hello... =]
Hey!

You're name kinda reminds me of someone... hmmmm...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
DK taunt camping is the best hahaha
i like that awkward looking gorilla taunt he does too haha
then when they approach you, just sheild grab, walk off the stage and throw them into it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rruhM6-0vD8
CBK hella gimps tc1 at 0:57 and at 1:39... if only he would've spamd taunt haha
watch that one robert...

also...
has anyone said ganonwarts yet?
on a serious note, does ganon's side B count?
and yoshi's fair is tight...
because he doesn't even use his limbs (3rd limbs) he just throws his fat dino head at 'em...

Dairun

Smash Cadet
Cliches become cliches for a reason. That said. Ganondorf definitely wins it in my book for most "bad ***" looking. If we were going for "coolest" or "most impressive", I might differ, but when I think bad ***, I think power, efficiency, and not messing around. Ganondorf's spike is essentially that. Boot -> Death.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Cliches become cliches for a reason. That said. Ganondorf definitely wins it in my book for most "bad ***" looking. If we were going for "coolest" or "most impressive", I might differ, but when I think bad ***, I think power, efficiency, and not messing around. Ganondorf's spike is essentially that. Boot -> Death.
whoa...
thanks for the brand ****ing new contribution, champ...

and what's a cliche?
... nerd...

delicious gooey load

Smash Journeyman
dnt be dumb gannons may be strong but its generic as all hell,

and lucas's is winningbecause well...it is

ps hey lumpy...ur smart send me a private parts message

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
dnt be dumb gannons may be strong but its generic as all hell,

and lucas's is winningbecause well...it is

ps hey lumpy...ur smart send me a private parts message
only if you send me a suck dick job...
i mean... ok...

BTW...
has anybody mentioned how good gramnadwarf's spike is?

Dairun

Smash Cadet
whoa...
thanks for the brand ****ing new contribution, champ...

and what's a cliche?
... nerd...
Eh. Just adding my two-cents. I know it's mostly been said, but I just happen to agree with most of the people here. Seeing as there's apparently a running tally going, I just consider it my vote.

As for what a cliche is, since you so politely asked (skipping the flowery over-dramatic definitions):
Cliché - something that has become overly familiar or commonplace

Of course, I left out the accented e, but I didn't feel like looking up the keystroke for it.

In this case, the comments were being made that Ganondorf's spike was too simple or common. It's a lot like other spikes. However, generally things become cliche because they're popular or they work. You don't rip off things that don't have some merit to start with. Ganondorf's spike is familiar, but it's effective and visually impressive. There's a few others like it, but it's the best of its class, and there generally wouldn't be so many of them if it wasn't good to begin with.

I'd be careful about being too rude. You might just get a polite reply in response.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Eh. Just adding my two-cents. I know it's mostly been said, but I just happen to agree with most of the people here. Seeing as there's apparently a running tally going, I just consider it my vote.

As for what a cliche is, since you so politely asked (skipping the flowery over-dramatic definitions):
Cliché - something that has become overly familiar or commonplace

Of course, I left out the accented e, but I didn't feel like looking up the keystroke for it.

In this case, the comments were being made that Ganondorf's spike was too simple or common. It's a lot like other spikes. However, generally things become cliche because they're popular or they work. You don't rip off things that don't have some merit to start with. Ganondorf's spike is familiar, but it's effective and visually impressive. There's a few others like it, but it's the best of its class, and there generally wouldn't be so many of them if it wasn't good to begin with.

I'd be careful about being too rude. You might just get a polite reply in response.
i know what a cliche is, gamer kid...
i was just being a jerk because that's what this thread is for...
and there is no tally... just delicious gooey love load picking the ones he likes...

and the end of your post was clever...
i like it...

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
definatelly Ganon.....
especially in slow mo when you do that and return to the stage to start your taunt before they evenshoot down... items ftw/L lmao

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
definatelly Ganon.....
Especially In Slow Mo When You Do That And Return To The Stage To Start Your Taunt Before They Evenshoot Down... Items Ftw/l Lmao
stop Saying Fucking Ganondick Already!!!!
Stop Saying Fucking Ganondick Already!!!!

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
stop Saying Fucking Ganondick Already!!!!

ganondick Has The Coolest Spike.
Ganondork Has The Coolest Spike.
Greenondorf Has The Coolest Spike.
Pikadorf Has The Coolest Spike.
Tom Nook Has No Spike Hahahaha

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna, haven't you read that thread that Yuna made?
This is thread where everyone uses the term "Spike" for everything. I thought that using the term "Meteor Smash" would confuse the people who might never have even heard of the term.

Also, that was unintentional use of the term "Spike". I meant to write "Meteor Smash".

PsychoKnight

Smash Cadet
donkey kongs fair. It may be slow and the opponent sees it coming, but when its pull off..its just..amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom