• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
since air dodging is still in, I doubt the physics have been changed to a point where wavedashing is no longer included. WDing may be less effective overall with all the new changes about, but it should still be around.

Honestly, i wanna see what the hell this crawling business is about. It seems tacked on right now...

Vali

Smash Ace
No conclusive proof of an airdodge. It will return, but until I see a trailer of it in motion instead of some obviously set-up photo with what could possibly be an airdodge, I ain't biting. Not to mention it'd take a 1 or 2 lines of coding to completely remove WDing from the game and since Sakurai stated he wanted to simplify Smash Bros. for Brawl I can't see WD returning. Really though with the speed and lack of lag we've seen on those rolls, why would you care so much?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^, Need I say more=??? It just takes a while to master (maybe a few hours), and adds new dimensions to Melee. Plus it adds awsome combos, moves, and stuff like that, and Sakurai has no justifiable reason to remove it. So it's basically almost as close to confirmed as it can get without actually being confirmed.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
We haven't actually seen a smash ball move completed in any trailes, so we don't know if they act as kill moves. I imagine they just rack up massive percent, like Lugia and Ho-Oh (or something) :p on melee.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This is a direct quote from the site, go there if you are still in doubt.

"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

I was right when I said you can use it once, but it's possible you can only do it once per smash ball, or once per match, I wish he elaborated a little >___>

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Who cares? The important part is that it's an item, and items in smash have always had OFF buttons.

Personally, I think it could expand item gameplay quite a bit.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah I agree, apparantly you get the orb and then YOU choose when to release the attack. Sounds funner and more skill involving than picking up a hammer and walking at someone.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Is Smash sucks, I will start clubbing baby seals.

I think Final Smash is once every character. Would make some sense, as they wouldn't get a chance in short matches, and people could try to defend others from getting it. :D

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
I'd throw in my two cents about the Final smash, but right now I'm more worried about whether broken turn blocks count as sprites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UneSx3i0taM

You'll notice that in a couple of spots, enemies don't show up or slowdown occurs...odd.

Anyway, I like how you can move with shooting weapons now. Now, instead of charging up a shot in a FFA match when you're camping on the opposite side of the level, charge shots actually have a viable use in 1v1 now. I'm not saying I want to play with Super Scopes every match, but it's nice to know that Sakurai isn't gearing items completely towards FFA anymore.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

AxemJINX!!! That's where my name comes from..he always addressed himself as Sensei, and I, being like...8, misspelled it.

God, I love that guy....JINX FOR BRAWL.

Kalypso

Smash Journeyman
There is a great deal of room to improve melee, in character balance. I don't particularly like that some of my favorite characters have no chance of winning a serious match, and I'm forced to use characters I like less to have a shot at winning. 1/3 the characters in the game are useable in a serious setting, with 4~ winning almost every tournament for years.

Not to say melee is a bad game (I love it and have played it since release day, probably my favorite video game of all time), but the character balance leaves something to be desired.

I anxiously await SSBB like a little kid at Christmas, I'm buying a Wii exclusively for SSBB, and when it comes out I can pretty much plan on a month of my life being gone, but my greatest hope is character balance. If SSBB is essentially SSBM with more characters and better character balance I will literally stop playing other games completely. It will be at least 10 years of fun.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
^^^

AxemJINX!!! That's where my name comes from..he always addressed himself as Sensei, and I, being like...8, misspelled it.

God, I love that guy....JINX FOR BRAWL.
Finally, someone who understands my alias. Some of you guys need to play Super Mario RPG -.-

Oh yeah, Jagger always called him 'Sensei' as well.

And yep, Jinx would make an awesome Brawl character...

QUICKSILVER!

Seriously, any of his moves would be great :laugh: .

Sensai

Smash Master
It's such a good game.

You know, there's someone on the boards who's named KerokeroCola. EVERYTIME I see that name, I have to go and play Super Mario RPG again. Seriously.

Jinx/Geno/Culex (remember him?) for Brawl. Definitely.

xeno

Smash Ace
Geno was the best character in SMRPG by the end. Shooting stars and beams out of his hand.. holy crap. Lol, Mallow was funny too.. **** that game was great! I would play it again but I found it horribly easy >< the first time :/.

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I dunno so far reading smashbros.com and all this game seems pretty crappy. Like any other game where you just blow **** up and do moves that cover the whole map in pretty little graphics.

Ah well I'm assuming this to soon, but so far.. 1/10 on smashbros.com

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I went there, saw Dylan's post, laughed, read the other guy's post and backed Dylan up. The idea was pretty dumb.

Anyway, I've never played SMRPG, am I missing out? If so I'll try to get it on VC when I get a wii.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Yeah, I saw you too Red Exodus. :D

Both you and Dylan had too many good points to ignore. How did he get from running to shooting, to sheilding no matter how you move (more than running), to no wavedashing?

It boggles the mind. :dizzy:

Red Exodus, all I remember about Super Mario RPG is that I battled two Koopas and Bowser at Bowser's castle and that there was a sword with a face. My childhood memory of the game is not that good. I remember that I enjoyed it until I got stuck (On the second level lol).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Rofl, that memory sounds hilarious.

I remember seeing the sword with the face in a speed demo archive trailer, some guy did a move that hit 9999, I rofled at that pretty hard.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Please stay in my thread. ''Wavedash FTW!'' In-friggin'-deed!!!!

Yeah me and red pwnd that scrub thread. I love the like.. 3 people in there that are like ''No 1 lieks u!! ur a jerk! u shuld b banned!''

Especially that one guy whos like ''I only log in to say that Dylan is a jerk''

I mean, thats flattering I have a guy who has dedicated his account to me :D

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, you've missed out on a ton if you haven't played Super Mario RPG. Seriously...buy a SNES and buy the game. Steal it if you have to.

That and Super Kirby Allstars.....god **** good games.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i agree with the points you made against that guy from the no wavedashing thread , but i still believe you had no reason to act like that. i mean, just calm it down a bit. all you had to do was tell him why he was wrong and that would be the end of it. there's no reason to act like that on the internet...peace

-hiroshi

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Lawl?

Fox gets to keep his nair and bair. FTW.

Hmm...an idea has struck me. Dylan, talk to me later today on MSN when I'm on.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Geno was the best character in SMRPG by the end. Shooting stars and beams out of his hand.. holy crap. Lol, Mallow was funny too.. **** that game was great! I would play it again but I found it horribly easy >< the first time :/.
Just try getting 100 jumps in a row. The Super Suit is broken, especially when you combine it with the attack scarf and lazy shell. I forget if 999 is the limit or not (for regular attacks), but you can deal that much damage in one attack.

Does anyone else remember how two of Culex's Crystals had only a few hundred HP, but so much defense you could only inflict 1 or 2 damage on it? With the Super Suit, you can kill those in a couple of hits.

And you can take a turn before Smithy does in the first part of the final battle. Ridiculous. If the Super Suit combo was in Brawl, it would be better than the final smash, star, and hammer combined :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom