• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
GenocideMachine: Hilarious. Everything I've seen you post has been great.

Shai Halud and NES Noob: I graduated this weekend (yesterday, I'm tired as ****) and that's why I'm unable to go. The Huntsville kids that are going are (probably) Moogle and Coach. It used to be upwards of 5 of us, but for some reason or another we all dwindled and fell out of plans. Either way, be ready for an *** beating. :-D.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Noobs are the fuel on which I survive... I ate 3 this morning for breakfast and luckily this guy came by for a late night snack ;)
Rofl. That should be a siggy or something.

GenocideMachine: Hilarious. Everything I've seen you post has been great.

Shai Halud and NES Noob: I graduated this weekend (yesterday, I'm tired as ****) and that's why I'm unable to go. The Huntsville kids that are going are (probably) Moogle and Coach. It used to be upwards of 5 of us, but for some reason or another we all dwindled and fell out of plans. Either way, be ready for an *** beating. :-D.
You do not have alot of confidence in me do you. :(

Congratulations on graduating this week. Moogle and Coach are going? They are too good; I have no chance.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Who do you play again? Sorry for not remembering, but that heavily depends on who Moogle performs and who he plays as.

And it's not that I have no confidence in you, I just for some reason seem to think that this is your first tournament (is that true? Who told me that?). If that's so...jeah. Everyone gets owned the first time.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Rofl. That should be a siggy or something.

lol :laugh:

I have been siggy quoted about 5 times since I signed up a few months ago, I just seem to write catchy one liners. Only two I think that still have ''tnga quote siggies'' are Eternal Phoenix Fire and AxemRed.

Congratulations on graduating this week. Moogle and Coach are going? They are too good; I have no chance.
Ya moogles got a tight shiek (from what I saw in the vids) I could probably benefit from smashing with him.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
lol :laugh:

I have been siggy quoted about 5 times since I signed up a few months ago, I just seem to write catchy one liners. Only two I think that still have ''tnga quote siggies'' are Eternal Phoenix Fire and AxemRed.
Yeah I had to remove mine ;)

Ya moogles got a tight shiek (from what I saw in the vids) I could probably benefit from smashing with him.
You should come down to the deep South and smash with me, Sensai, NES n00b. There are plenty of other players but I think those are the only ones who've been posting in this thread.

Sensai

Smash Master
He, being Moogle, is a cool guy. He came to graduation (not for me, dunno why really) and Down B'd into Sheik and chaingrabbed me from the Von Braun Civic Center all the way home. My Ganon, graduated mind you, now weeps.

NES n00b

Smash Master
^^^

Who do you play again? Sorry for not remembering, but that heavily depends on who Moogle performs and who he plays as.

And it's not that I have no confidence in you, I just for some reason seem to think that this is your first tournament (is that true? Who told me that?). If that's so...jeah. Everyone gets owned the first time.
Actually it is (even though I played a tournament player a good amount of times). I use alot of characters, but I think my best are Fox and Falcon.

The confindence thing was definitely a joke. :laugh: I will lose, but I will try my best. Hopefully, I will get an easy pool.

Yeah Dyaln, come down here and Smash with us. ;)

Conker1

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure but optomistic now that Ive seen air dodging back in.
You thought it was going to removed?

Ya wding or not people will still play including myself. But so many of us have gotten so used to wavedashing as an essential part of our games that it would feel unnatural trying to obtain the level of play we achieved in melee. By essential I mean that I wavedash almost unconciously and if I try to play without it to get a sense of what its like to be a scrub I find myself physically unable to not wavedash.
If you really need it that badly, I pity you.

Scuse me? They just make the items, obviously they know things like hammers and warp stars and home run bats are gonna piss people off. Thats why there's an

OFF

Switch. :)
All items have their pros and cons, a lot of people are frightened of items around here it seems.

Get the heck outta my thread please if you're gonna talk smack like that. If you so much as looked at me the wrong way while playing smash after a comment like that I wouldn't hesitate to show you what's what. **** off.
Way to go, someone expresses their opinion on how they like using items, and you just go and bash 'em.

Wow. Just... wow. Alright, first off.

Repeated use of a move has its own disadvantages wherein it makes you predictable. Hence you lack the ability to confuse your opponent. If you are not confusing your opponent as a means to open up a crack in their defence to attack them then your opponent knows what you are doing. If your opponent picks up on your patterns such as repeated use of a move and knows what he's doing, you will be 3 stocked.

I presume by ''spamming fox's nair'' you mean doing it over and over at least 6 or 7 times. If you mean 3-4 nairs while you're trying to escape or on your shield, then you should just shut up.

Anyhow, by the way you discuss this game you obviously don't play with anybody of significant skill, and if you did then that kind of ''omg u r spammin'' attitude would just drive them away, and lets not forget the aformentioned threat to punch every member of the competitive smash community who does not opt for items as a part of the gameplay in the face.
I agree with you on this one, people shouldn't whine about spamming. But then you go and isnult him once again for liking items and not playing the game right. GG

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I think if items spawned in preset locations on set or customizable timers then SOME of them might be okay. The problem with items in general is the randomness with which they appear. But if you could, for instance, count on a Poke Ball appearing in the center of FD on every minute, or a bobomb appearing every minute on the 30 seconds, heart containers every 90 seconds, etc., that would be very interesting, for sure.

But random bobombs falling out of the sky and killing you is just not suitable for tourney play.

I think the assumption is that the options for items will be more or less the same as it has been. You can in general change the frequency and you can turn specific items on/off, but that's it. We could be surprised though and get some highly customizable options. If that's the case I'm all for (select) items being used.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Great someone else wants a piece of me.

FLAME ON

You thought it [airdodging] was going to be removed?
Yes, I was afraid that it might be as we saw no evidence of it in the trailers and I feared nintendo would remove it and hence remove the wavedash to please the newbies of the smash world (omg wavedashin is so hard, and automatically makes you pro! :p ) Because lets face it despite how passionate we true smashers are about the game we do not make up the majority of the target customers so why would nintendo appeal to us rather than nubs? Nubs is where the moneys at ;)

Hence why I made this thread, but I'm nervous I'm not running around in circles screaming oh god oh god the world is going to end if there is no wavedashing in brawl!! I trust nintendo, but not entirely ;)

If you really need it that badly, I pity you.
Not just me, lots of people dude. Are you saying you don't need to use it in melee?

You're implying that you have pity for people who consider the wavedash an essential tech, and it is for hundreds of things, mostly spacing for me.

So I sincerly hope you can back your ''pity'' for me up with skills. Got any videos of you 3-4 stocking somebody noteworthy at a tournament without wavedashing? If not, stfu :)

Look I don't want pity from you unless you prove you're superior to me in skill. So until you post some videos, I'm just going to laugh at you.

All items have their pros and cons, a lot of people are frightened of items around here it seems.
Que? Tell me the ''pros'' to items like the warp star, or the hammer, or the heart, or zapdos coming out of a pokeball? Yup, I grabbed this item so you're dead. Skills.

Im not frightened of items, I just turn them off because that's the real way to play smash. Can't handle it? Play with items on with your friends, but that doesn't change the fact that you're adding an element into the gameplay that makes it no longer a test of who has superior mastery of their characters moveset and more a matter of luck. Luck games suck, smash isnt based around luck, but items are. So thats why items are off.

The competitive community isn't afraid of items, we meerly find them boring ;) See, why let who wins and who loses ride on chance when it could be 100% dependent on skill.

Ok sure n00bs will come back with ''OMG BUT PEECH KAN GET A BOMB N STICHFACE SO ITEMS SHULD BE ON'' But they should just be shot on sight and fed to wolves, the world has no place for that kind of stupidity.

Way to go, someone expresses their opinion on how they like using items, and you just go and bash 'em.
Hmmmmm....

theultimodragon said:
Who decided it would be that way for competitive smash? I wanna know, so I can punch them all in the face.
Oh ya man. He was meerly stating his innocent opinion about how he liked using items and his wish to plant his fist into the faces of the competitive smash community that firmly believes items have no place in competitive play.

Surely I was compeltly out of line with my ''bashing'' when he had doen NOTHING previously to provoke such a response.

Be warned that the sarcasm being served here is hot and should be handeled with care ;)

I agree with you on this one, people shouldn't whine about spamming. But then you go and isnult him once again for liking items and not playing the game right. GG

I rule so much said:
Repeated use of a move has its own disadvantages wherein it makes you predictable. Hence you lack the ability to confuse your opponent. If you are not confusing your opponent as a means to open up a crack in their defence to attack them then your opponent knows what you are doing. If your opponent picks up on your patterns such as repeated use of a move and knows what he's doing, you will be 3 stocked.

I presume by ''spamming fox's nair'' you mean doing it over and over at least 6 or 7 times. If you mean 3-4 nairs while you're trying to escape or on your shield, then you should just shut up.

Anyhow, by the way you discuss this game you obviously don't play with anybody of significant skill, and if you did then that kind of ''omg u r spammin'' attitude would just drive them away, and lets not forget the aformentioned threat to punch every member of the competitive smash community who does not opt for items as a part of the gameplay in the face.
Where did I insult him for liking items? Please, englighten me... did you mean this phrase right here?

dylan_tnga said:
lets not forget the aformentioned threat to punch every member of the competitive smash community who does not opt for items as a part of the gameplay in the face.

See, here I was talking about his previous threats to punch people in the face because they turned items off in tournaments... if that counts as ''insulting him for liking items" (which it doesn't) than .. OK :)

I also did not once mention where the way he played smash was ''right'' or ''wrong'' as you implied in the last paragraph of your post, I just mentioned that judging by his keen insight into the nature of this game and his opinions based on them that he was most likely not a smash player with any significant skill.

So, you decided to put words in my mouth to create a ficticious argument in some feeble attempt to catch me in something.

You're trying to do what at least 60 people have failed to accomlish, and this is one of the most pathetic attempts so far. Do you not get it? I understand this game, and I'm a ****load smarter than you. DO NOT try to engage me in a debate or I will crush you. ;) I have not be nicknamed ''fireproof'' for nothing.

Darn, I miss the days when I had d!zzy and Shai and Meta on my arse, at least they're competent smashers and can read the english language....

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
I love America's hate culture. You don't agree so come here and let me punch you, fantastic. Just a point though if in a competitive game your about to jump off the edge and n-air someone whos recovering and then an explosive capsule or barrel spawns and you lose thats fair is it? Ok so it doesn't matter does it? What if the match was for the $50 tournament prize? You've lost that money due to luck? Does that really seem fair?

Feel free to point out life is unfair if you want.

On topic I am very worried that all this build up and what looks to be Sakurai releasing most of the games non-unlockable (and possibly some unlockable features) before he realeses the game will hype it up to the point where playing the game will leave you feeling unfulfilled after 6 months (I'm just guessing, or in my case 6 years :( being English suddenly isn't quite as good as it used to be...) of waiting. Come on Sakurai third time lucky :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I love America's hate culture. You don't agree so come here and let me punch you, fantastic. Just a point though if in a competitive game your about to jump off the edge and n-air someone whos recovering and then an explosive capsule or barrel spawns and you lose thats fair is it? Ok so it doesn't matter does it? What if the match was for the $50 tournament prize? You've lost that money due to luck? Does that really seem fair?

Feel free to point out life is unfair if you want.
Exactly!! well said Lord Ralph

Lol dont take this the wrong way but I grew up with a dog who my parents named Ralph, he was my best friend for 16 years... Ralph is a great name

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
My names not actually Ralph its Pete so I don't have to work out whether what you said was a complement or not. Even though the last 5 words saved it so well :/

Zephyr

Smash Lord
...This is just getting weird.

Whoever Dylan just flamed, don't bother coming back with that BS or I'll do to you what Dylan did to you, only ten times more.

THERE, now that that's done and over with, to Dylan:

You wanna get in a debate over something? I know you're fireproof, but that doesn't mean you can beat the wind. =P

BTW, I didn't get this pink name for nothing. If you accept, you'd better watch out.

You pick what to debate over.

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
What did you get the pink namebadge for then? Posting offtopic? Or leaving crytic answers that mean nothing?

Also who are you threatening? And why? Or is this one of the 'this is my forum how dare you put your slappywag posts anywhere near it' posts?

I think thats the highest question marks per word ratio I've ever had in one post :)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
LOL. Nothing is off topic in this thread anymore.

Most of that post was directed toward Dylan. Who I was directing the top at was pretty clear in that post, read it again and you might get it. I don't know if you will, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

In this thread, we've managed to perfect the coexistence of flamers and flamees. The predators eat the prey, and those who aren't eaten get out to hang out with other prey. The predators then hang out, share a few drinks then play some smash.

I don't see anything wrong with that. =D

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ralph/Pete, he didn't mean you, he meant some guy that wanted to argue about something.

And the pink name means he's a debater.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I really doubt he was serious when he said he wanted to punch everyone in the face.

Items are one of the most unique aspects of Smash compared to other fighting games. They are not the be all end all deciding factor of a match. If you can't adapt to the situation too bad. It's not "OMG you got the warp star and killed me, you a noob", No more like I beat you to the warp star and got the kill, you should have been faster.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I play with items once in awhile, but if it's a serious match I turn them all of. I don't want to have the upper hand only to have a capsule mess up my combo and kill me in the process, that is BS. I don't want to be edgeguarding only to have a bomb-omb sandwich me between my opponent's recovery and itself. With items off it comes down to basic control and mastery of the character in every sense.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I really doubt he was serious when he said he wanted to punch everyone in the face.

Items are one of the most unique aspects of Smash compared to other fighting games. They are not the be all end all deciding factor of a match. If you can't adapt to the situation too bad. It's not "OMG you got the warp star and killed me, you a noob", No more like I beat you to the warp star and got the kill, you should have been faster.
Yeah, but what if there was no warpstar and I killed you with an upthrow - uair - uair - nair - uair - knee combo?

Zephyr, I thought of an intresting topic for a debate actually, this is the basic question.

Are video game graphics getting ''better'' or are they meerly becoming different?

I ask this because I think Final Fantasy 3 for snes has better graphics than FF12 for ps2. I also believe the new graphics for starcraft 2 pale in comparrison to the graphics in starcraft broodwar...

thoughts? anyway we could get more people involved in the debate??

You wanna get in a debate over something? I know you're fireproof, but that doesn't mean you can beat the wind. =P

BTW, I didn't get this pink name for nothing. If you accept, you'd better watch out
Ya sorry for the uber arrogance. I by no means consider myself a master debator but I am an english major in college which facilitates the process of owning people who have no idea how to play smash who also have difficulty reading, I speak of course of mr conker here.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think it's safe to say that this is one of the only threads in the entire Brawl boards that maintains some amount of intelligence. Given, it's not even remotely close to on topic, but dammit it's intelligence and we're going to hang on to it!

NES Noob: Moogle and the rest of us Huntsville kids are no longer going. We're probably gonna go up to a friends house in Nashville, though, so you should come there instead. :-D. Shai, you can come too. It's KOKingpin's place.

I'll take a part in the debate if you'll have me. I don't think I've ever had an actually coherent online debate before...not sure that the topic's a good one to debate, but you gotta start somewhere, right?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
^^To answer your question Dylan, I'd say that gfx in video games are getting better.

Technically we have better gfx nowadays because we have higher-res, better textures and stuff like that...

However, the reason why you say that SC > SC2 gfx wise is because that you probably like SC's graphical style better (and I agree).

So I'd say that if we stay in the same graphical style, today's games have better gfx then older games. However, the devs might change the graphical style for a sequel and that change might not be for the better.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Yeah, but what if there was no warpstar and I killed you with an upthrow - uair - uair - nair - uair - knee combo?

Zephyr, I thought of an intresting topic for a debate actually, this is the basic question.

Are video game graphics getting ''better'' or are they meerly becoming different?

I ask this because I think Final Fantasy 3 for snes has better graphics than FF12 for ps2. I also believe the new graphics for starcraft 2 pale in comparrison to the graphics in starcraft broodwar...

thoughts? anyway we could get more people involved in the debate??

Ya sorry for the uber arrogance. I by no means consider myself a master debator but I am an english major in college which facilitates the process of owning people who have no idea how to play smash who also have difficulty reading, I speak of course of mr conker here.
Techincally they are getting more advanced. If you like graphics from older games, you either like the art style or had an initial impression when you first saw and thought it was good. So yes, its all in you opnion if somethings graphics are "better" if you bring your opnion on how you like it and art style.

I'm no debator, just want to keep this thread alive because it is made of epic win. :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
This thread will never die... it has Japenese Di! Oh ****, that rhymed.

GOGOGO NEW THREAD MOTTO! EVERYONE NOW!

This thread wont die! Japanese Di! This thread wont die! Japanese DI!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Mario-man!!! long time no see...

Holy crap that is the coolest avatar on these forums. I swear... im mesmorized...

Who made it?? Who made it??? omg I want one like that.. but with like green lightning stuff and with shiek... itd be so ****.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I've been here. just not as much. Lol
also haven't been on this thread very often either.
Did you mean my avatar or my sig?? cuz the avatar isn't very original. Lol
there's plenty of other ppl with it.

This thread won't die............Japanese DI..............

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I've been here. just not as much. Lol
also haven't been on this thread very often either.
Did you mean my avatar or my sig?? cuz the avatar isn't very original. Lol
there's plenty of other ppl with it.

This thread won't die............Japanese DI..............
Nonsense, I had family affairs but I checked in whenever I could, this thread totally kicks *** for some reason, its epic long so it cant be closed and its like, some **** goes on.. I dunno Its basically the ... guys who dont like scrubs and noobs no matter what skill level who want to learn.

Basically the way I figure it, and I'm ****ing stoned is that this thread is just a barrier against the misconstructions of the scrub and the noob mindset. The apparant aggitation towards no items with arguments such as...

omfg said:
Items are one of the most unique aspects of Smash compared to other fighting games. They are not the be all end all deciding factor of a match. If you can't adapt to the situation too bad. It's not "OMG you got the warp star and killed me, you a noob", No more like I beat you to the warp star and got the kill, you should have been faster
But we have logic that repels the argument, also items on or off most of us could still beat the person if it was 1v1 just because character mastery > time wasted thinking about item.. getting.

See in a 1v1 with items, and the guy thinks hes gonna get them, is really funny. Items will drop but Ill just ignore and avoid em.

Annnnnyhow... in conclusion

This is Isai when he plays super smash bros 64 on Kaillera

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
Im not nervous at all about it sucking im jus nervous about them announcing the release date and it saying December or January 08. I want it to come out either way before halo 3 or way after because if its near halo 3, halo 3 will kill SSBB in sales.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Im not nervous at all about it sucking im jus nervous about them announcing the release date and it saying December or January 08. I want it to come out either way before halo 3 or way after because if its near halo 3, halo 3 will kill SSBB in sales.
\m/ Smashfest at my house tomorrow. Everyone take a plane LOL. I got 4 tvs and 2 cubes and controllers fsho..... ! lol

Seriously though anyone whos in the area come by anytime.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I'M ON MY WAY OVER

Lawl, just kidding. I wish I was, though. I'd bring my ghetto gamecube that only lasts for an hour of gameplay. =D

So...graphics. Better or different?

OK, off to the dictionary. This could get a little confusing.

Better: 1. of superior quality or excellence

Different: 1. not alike in character or quality; differing; dissimilar

Now, the question rests on what you think is of superior quality. And how you define quality. Off to the dictionary again. >_>

Quality: . character with respect to fineness, or grade of excellence

Crap.

Ok, it depends on what you value most in graphics. Their feel, their realism, the effort put into them...it all depends on what part of them you value most. Now, I value fluidity most, but secondly I value the way the graphics absorb you into the game and make you a part of the experience.

So, in my opinion, graphics are getting both better and different. You can't increase quality and not change. Different CAN be better.

I've never played FFIII, but I have played a few other old school FF's like I, II and IV. Sadly, I've never played VI or VIII, but I would like to. I admit that their graphics do give you the feel of...well, I can't describe it very well. GG?

I'm not that fluent in graphics, as you can tell.

Music, however...that's an entirely different story. Name a composer for a WELL-KNOWN and GOOD game that has been released in the US and ask me whether he's a quality composer. Once you get my answer, you can rebuke as you wish.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Lol. I just smoked a joint and like... played kaillera I was in such a good mood and this guy was SOO angry had a big flashy name and I beat him a few times and taunt cancelled and he got REALLY pissed so he beat me once or twice Im just there like gg I had fun anyhow and he pauses over and over as he wins, taunts, says '''suck my balls'' then leaves...

Then tells the channel he beat me 10 times. and that the best player in the world is him and im a n00b like everyone else. Which is why he did no contest and dropped when I was beating him in a falcon ditto, right when LOL he suicided on an edgeguard.

Sensai

Smash Master
Zephyr: do Japanese composers count? 'Cause I personally enjoy Koji Kondo and Nobuo Uematsu. But, I probably misunderstood your question. And your signature is _awesome_.

---------------------
Debate related: I didn't answer as I thought there was going to be rhyme or reason to this, but here goes anyways:
Dylan_Tnga said:
Are video game graphics getting ''better'' or are they merely becoming different?
This question really depends on how you define better, as it's completely subjective in its entirety.

Technically speaking, they're getting much better. You cannot possibly look at Gears of War and the original Mario and say that one is not clearly blowing the other away. High frame rates, higher polygon counts, better textures, etc...(as you've probably guessed, I don't know the technical jargon)

From another perspective, however, I think that it's become exactly what you said: graphics. I yearn for the days where graphics weren't about how many pixels you could fit onto a screen but about the innovation and the colors that you could create. Look at Super Paper Mario; it's not a graphically amazing game, but it's so **** cool looking. The art style, which should be the main focus of games, is incredible.

So to answer your question: yes. The graphics are getting better, but the developers and art directors are getting more lazy. And it's not all their fault, either. Look at Okami: an AMAZING looking game with a kick *** take on visuals; completely original. It sold like ****. Now look at Gears of War (I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this), a not too great shooter that was bought through the millions because of the standard 'good graphics' alone. No art direction at all...just realism. So originality ends up screwing developers, so they decide to play it safe with realistic graphics.

On a related note: I think that we're reaching the point in graphics that a return to the core of art direction and innovation is imminent. Gears of War looks great, admittedly...but how much farther can you push things? What's more realistic looking then that? Enter Okami. Enter Super Paper Mario. Enter Loco Roco.
--------------------

I really don't feel like proofing that and making it coherent. Just ask if there's something that you don't understand/I need to explain.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed for this), a not too great shooter that was bought through the millions because of the standard 'good graphics' alone. No art direction at all...just realism. So originality ends up screwing developers, so they decide to play it safe with realistic graphics.
I -hate- gears of war. Its one of my main things to point out. Goldeneye 64 is better, CS is better, perfect dark I found to be a fuller experience... and so on.

me on another forum said:
I realized, while watching the SC2 gameplay footage that the graphics are by FAR worse in my eyes to the ones in starcraft broodwar. I then thought about it and came to the conclusion that I also prefer snes final fantasy graphics to PS2 final fantasy graphics...

Does realism imply better graphics?? Or does the asthetics of the graphics themselves in the eyes of the gamer imply better graphics?

I choose to believe the latter... Starcraft Broodwar has such unique richly detailed graphics that look almost handdrawn, like an artist breathing life into a game with his hands, where as SC2 looks so.. typical, oh wow, 3d! zooming in! give me a break...

what do you, as gamers think about this?

Another question : Why don't they make games for NES or SNES or classic consols anymore? I think theres a lot of untapped potential in the consols of old, but we have abandoned them and left them to rot while we bring out the next xbox 1260, the Playstation nine....
Also, lets not forget that this is the best post ever made

cant tell said:
I would so ****ing take your car, your house, your parents, all your money, and your face in a money match. A N Y D A Y. You god**** ****ing *******. Then, Id kill you.You're a ****ing douchebag, you're a noob, and you should go ****ING DIE.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, that person must have some serious anger management problems or something, it's just a game.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Sensai, Gears of War had a nice art direction. You might not agree with it because well its your opnion, but look at Resistance Fall of Man. Similar at a technical level but not at a art level. I also do not like it that much becausm some of the times the gameplay seemed cookie cutter.

Zone

Smash Champion
I loved Starcraft,
To the point of taking time to master hotkey patterns and mouse accuracy with micro management and multitasking it with macro management

Now Graphics:
I think the reason you liked Starcraft graphics over Starcraft II graphics is just you like
2-D. When I saw Warcraft III, the cartoony lame graphics turned me off completely. Personally I feared Starcraft II would be made near the same as WCIII graphics wise. It kind of is but it has a not as lame appearance. I think the reason is it's not all boxy, and the people don't have shoulders that are bigger than the rest of their body :D.

I agree with Sensai's PoV I don't need to repeat it again. But perhaps 2-D art opposed to
3-D art is your preference. It just looks visually appealing to you.

Okami was well done, very mezmerizing environment, cellshading here I liked. However in Zelda's Windwaker I didn't even want to play it cuz of the Cellshading. Perhaps it's what you're first impression is? I grew up on 3-D final Fantasies and when I see the 2-D ones i'm like Gay... But when I saw the change from 2-D RTS to 3-D I was like gay... I had people who said they didn't like Zelda Twilight princess (Don't flame their opinions) turned em off because the towns people looked neanderthal - ish but this isn't really graphics this is their choice of making the game look more cartoony feel. It's just most people I guess like realistic graphics but..

Why make games more and more realistic to the point of real life? When putting in Cartoony, or games in a art sense, Is what you can do that isn't like real life. I guess people want the matrix to be real :)

paraxis

Smash Cadet
i'd be scared if they didn't fix the glitches (ie: wavedashing, links super grapple, infenint grabs). Hate me if you want but, if i'm not mistaking, wavedashing is a glitch..right?

At anyrate, i'll play melee for ever because no dought brawl will be a dufferent game. Althoguh that may not be true as you can you the GC controler...right? (or is that hear-say).

edit..wait..am I off topic or all y'all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom