• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
zephyr \m/ said:
Dylan, do you play? Wanna go at it sometime on Battle.net or Hamachi?
Sure, im busy at the moment my logins are random but when im on the net more I've got Sc-BW good to go anytime, I quit and play and quit, it requires dedication really, and I chose to focus on smash. For fun im up for a game anytime.

What do you mean by that? The game looks the same to me except Blizzard using the World of Warcraft III engine for the game
Well I havent given up hope, im wayy more nervous for brawl... I'd say I trust Blizzard way more than I trust to nintendo.

Logic :

Nintendo likes to make games that are like '' Super Jappyyy fun time!!!'' but the end up being technical as ****, usually. Even like mario kart and tennis are challenging...

But they don't focus as.. heavily as blizzard on the professional community I mean the Blizzard guys got personal with korea and the WCG tour and with Melee the true community is almost ignored despite how great this game is.

Blizzard though focuses its efforts on making great games that keep you coming back. I hated wc3 though. after 3 years of starcraft it was too slow, too much health on the units so it wasnt as fast paced.. heroes? **** that.

SC 2 will probably rock but I hope its not too.. warcraft 3.

Mr game and pwn said:
Did you just call wavedashing a "nice trick" and a "lame move" and say it's "not that crucial to the game"?

God I hope not.

And Dylan has said many times that he acknowledges wavedashing is not the pinicle of advance moves- SHFFLCing is. And uh... he could probably pwn you, if you have that view on wavedashing. So, let's just try and think before we post from now on.. hm?
Agreed, and thanks for pointing out how tedious this all is.

Sensai

Smash Master
World of Warcraft III engine....that shows how much failure there is on these boards. Honestly...

It does look like WC3, kinda, but it's still Starcraft. Look at it for a bit and you'll realize it; the art direction and character unique-ness is still there.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

You're not a noob for saying that it looks similar to WC3 (that was my initial reaction to it also), you're a noob for saying 'World of Warcraft III'.

But I'm not the anti-noob guy. That'd be Dylan.

/points to Dylan.

Sensai

Smash Master
He's good like that.

9 more hours now. I'll be sure to copy/paste just about everything in this thread.

....I do it for love you guys. Straight love.

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
9 more hours? are people forgetting the 12 hour delay or has someone stated that it may not happen while i was asleep? :-\

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
9 more hours? are people forgetting the 12 hour delay or has someone stated that it may not happen while i was asleep? :-\
No, still the twelve hour delay. :( :(

Maybe, just maybe, a miracle would occur that no other Nintendo game in history has ever come close to realizing........... the release of info early (and the game). Yeah..... it could happen :lick: , and maybe I will stop spamming, too. :laugh:

If all else fails, though, Starcraft 2 is there to give me some solace. (Finally after 10 effing years) :mad: :mad: Darn Warcraft III and World of Warcraft

Keku

Smash Apprentice
No, I haven't actually, what is it??
Since he doesn't seem to be around, I could aswell answer for him. ;) DotA (Defense of the Ancients) is a hero-based custom game (might aswell say mod) for WC III. It requires huge dedication to master, and is one of the most popular mods out there. :) If you want to check out for more information, Wikipedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Thanks ^^ That actually does sound fun. Ill never get to try it though I lost my warcraft 3 cd when I moved mostly because I just didn't care about it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Within the hour, we should know more. Hopefully A LOT more.

Hopefully so much more, that we don't have to worry about Brawl sucking anymore.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
This is getting annoying, I can't post properly because the site has slowed to a crawl due to the large number of people. I'm pretty pissed, it's so bad that icons aren't even loading. There better be some good news. I'll go do homework until some comes.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Has anyone else noticed how much the new threads suck the last couple of weeks.

Maybe people from Nsider have come to sabatoge the site with bad and ridiculous ideas. >_______________>

Anyways, this site is finally free of lag so yay.

Vali

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed how much the new threads suck the last couple of weeks.

Maybe people from Nsider have come to sabatoge the site with bad and ridiculous ideas. >_______________>

Anyways, this site is finally free of lag so yay.
I've had to bite down the urge to rip certain new posters apart faaaaar too many times for my liking.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ok...since this thread has not been overrun with mindless speculation from the 2358729853732908752985 new members this site has gotten that have no idea what they're talking about, I'll keep you guys updated with as little speculation as I can.

The site went up yes'aday at like...11.30 or so PM last night. Pretty much nothing, save a few screenshots (which confirms a level EXACTLY like Battlefield) and what looks to me to be an air dodge by Pikachu. For those of you who don't understand what an air dodge means for wavedashing...well, there's not much I can do to help you.

Here's that picture:

So there you go....Pika air dodge, Fox Bair, Mario and Wario doing something, and a new font for percentages mixed with some weird name thing underneath it.

The level, Battlefield, seems to have been confirmed to change its look based on the time of day you're playing. That's cool as ****.

[speculation]

Now, here's the part where my speculation will run rampant: the announced musicians for the game. Full list:

Akihiro Honda Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots / Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS
Arata Iiyoshi Pokémon Mystery Dungeon / beatmania II DX
Asuka Ohta New Super Mario Bros. /Yoshi Touch&Go
Hajime Wakai Pikmin series / Star Fox series
Jun Fukuda killer7 / contact
Kazumi Totaka Animal Crossing series / Yoshi series
Keigo Ozaki PROJECT SYLPHEED
Kenichi Okuma Melty Lancer series / Welcome to Pia Carrot!! 3
Kenji Ito ROMANCING SAGA series / CULDCEPT SAGA

Kenji Yamamoto Super Metroid / Metroid Prime series
Kentaro Ishizaka - (this is what it says, not what I wrote. It literally has a - there)
Koji Hayama Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2
Koji Kondo Super Mario Bros. series / The Legend of Zelda series
Masaaki Iwasaki MOTHER3 / Chelnov (Genesis)
Masafumi Takada killer7 / GOD HAND
Masato Kouda Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry
Michiko Naruke Wild Arms series

Minako Hamano Metroid Fusion
Motoi Sakuraba Golden Sun series / Mario Golf & Tennis series
Noriyuki Iwadare GRANDIA series
Ryoji Yoshi.tomi WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Microgame$!
Seiji Momoi METEOS / The Glory of Hercules III - The Silence of Gods
Shogo Sakai Super Smash Bros. Melee / MOTHER3
Shota Kageyama Luminous Arc
Takahiro Nishi GRANDIA series / PROJECT SYLPHEED
Tomoko Sasaki NiGHTS

Toru Minegishi The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Toshiyuki Sudo Everybody Votes Channel
Tsukasa Masuko Star Force / Magical Starsign
Yasufumi Fukuda Kamaitachi no Yoru 2
Yasunori Mitsuda CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series
Yuka Tsujiyoko Fire Emblem series
Yusuke Takahama Digital Pinball series
Yutaka Iraha SYLPHEED series
Yuzo Koshiro ActRaiser / Street of Rage

Sorry for the terrible typing and such. I tried to copy paste things, but it didn't work out so I had to go back and edit. Anyways, as you can see it's a long as **** list. Lots of good music, hopefully...

...and lots of unexpected stuff. Look at the things I bolded. Did you expect those guys?

Now look at the guys I italicized and bolded. What's that about?

The point I'm trying to make here is that it might be possible to determine things from the list of composers 'contributing to Super Smash Bros. Brawl' as Sakurai puts it.

[/speculation]

Also, the music to the Battlefield level (which sounds like a psuedo-Melee opening music track) can be listened to on the website. Check it out.

Anyone else got anything to say?

[Edit:]

And yes, I'm still posting news everywhere I can. Best to keep the masses informed. :-D.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Wow Sensai! I did not think you would copy and paste the site especially after the update already happened. I guess you really do love the people of this board. :D

Unfortunately, that does not include me. :(

Will you keep updating here Sensai? I think it would be hard if you continue if the website blog thing is updated daily or even weekly.

Edit for the greatness of Sensai: You are too awesome. :D

Superstar

Smash Champion
I just saw them, the damage percentages look decent [better than the old ones]. Hopefully, this Battle Field won't be as boring, and maybe they can give a good look to Final Destination, and music made for playing long hours. Also, Mario looks like he is doing a sidestep.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Really? After I posted it I realized that it looks more like a Dsmash then anything.

NES noob, of course I'll continue updating for this thread, and that includes you too. I'll update with only the things that I deem important, though, so there's always more information out there to be had.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well this update brings good news and bad news.

Bad news: They removed any mention of newcomers, they also removed the 'making of the game' section. They pretty much only kept the trailers.

Good news: I think they said the site will now be updated daily during the weekdays, which means we can say up, just like last night, and wait for new info every night. I imagine this info will vary from "who cares?" to "zOMG".

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I just got Action Replay and there is nowhere to input codes. Apparently Datel removed that feature but never documented the fact. I am ****ing pissed.

Nothing to do with this thread, yes, but I need people to share my pain.

**** you Datel.

NES n00b

Smash Master
^^^

Really? After I posted it I realized that it looks more like a Dsmash then anything.

NES noob, of course I'll continue updating for this thread, and that includes you too. I'll update with only the things that I deem important, though, so there's always more information out there to be had.
Yay :D

Also, I do believe it is a down smash. Conjecture I know, but I swear that looks like the start-up animation for dsmash.

@Red Exodus Yes there will be updates every weekday. This is great news because the only thing that truly was updated was the composer list and the new menu/battlefield. (What a list tho) The rest of the site is review, the two trailers, and confirmation of the educated guesses that has been going around.

@Shai Hulud Thanks for telling me I was thinking of getting Action Replay, but I won't now. Sorry for the **** that Datel did to action replay. :(

pesticide

Smash Lord
ya, i think mario is doing a down smash, wario is just in the air from a jump (?), pikachu is airdodging, and fox is doing a bair.

at least air dodging seems to still be in the game! wavedashing (possibly) FTW :p

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Wait, what? What the point of an action replay if you can't input codes?
Exactly. The only code I can use is one to unlock all characters which is included. There is no indication on their website that they removed this feature. They even show in their video a version of AR that clearly has code input.

Everybody needs to firebomb Datel. :mad:

Keige

Smash Journeyman
This sucks because I was thinking about buying one (I don't really have enough money for one so I'd need to so dome stuff around the house to get the money).

Keta

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yeah... I bought one, and it said on the box that you could add your own codes. I spent thirty minutes with it, finally called them to get confirmation that you couldn't. E-mailed EBGames to return it. Got my money back. :ohwell:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Bump for justice!!!

whats up all? I smashed pretty big yesterday and am really getting the hang of fox the space animal, my new main.

Lemme explain to those of you who will be like ''Omfg dylan, but wtf happened to shiek?!''

I still play shiek, but I dunno what happened or why but now no matter what characters my 3 friends use and they're about on par if not almost as good as me at smash they can NOT beat my shiek, I have 100% win rate and its usually 2-4 stock victory.

But any other character I use I dont have a garunteed win, so I work on my weaker characters, namely fox!

I also love fox because I mained him when the game came out, him and link but mostly fox. I never got any good at him and quit because I couldnt waveshine or drillshine or do any of that fancy stuff...

But now since im not some gay nub anymore obviously I can do all of fox's techniques with ease and im really starting to understand... how... he's played like never before and trying to take advantage of all him moves...

Thats what I like about fox, he has more options than most I find, he's got lasering, triple lasering double jump quadrouple lasering while DIing backward, SH double laser, drill shine, that sexy nair of his, waveshine shinespike, utilt combos, upthrow, downthrow-techchase, the broken up smash, great dashdance, foxtrot... list goes on... oh and I love his waveland.

Falco I find has less attack options than fox in the sense that his playstyle is more mechanical, but I believe falco's playstyle is based around limiting the persons options, SHLing to get them to shield then pillaring, or grabbing, or getting a shine then comboing em and going back to shl, limit and reduce the persons options till they cant do anything, not even shield because you'll bust their shield with pillaring.
/rant

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah Fox is pretty nifty. I'm trying to make him my secondary (ICs primary) to deal with my weak matchups (Peach, Samus, Jiggs, Ganon, CF). He's probably just my third best character right now though. I'm better with Captain Falcon but most of his matchups are just too hard and he's way too gimpable, so I'm trying to phase him out. It's very sad as I love Captain Douglas Falcon with all my heart. :(

Adi

Smash Lord
The reason you're probably finding yourself with a 100% win rate only with shiek is probably the fact that he's your main. Once you play other characters more your skill with them will obviously go up, increasing them to the bar you set with shiek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom