• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone is a little nervous of it just completely sucking. Im worried that it will cause if it sucks i really dont feel like going back to melee when brawl comes out even though i still play it with my friends now if brawl sucks i might be done with smash..

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
If we knew some more gameplay details and had a video of the menus or something, we wouldn't have to worry about it sucking.

Just pray for that, come 3.7 days.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
ya cauze i REALLY dont want this to suck iv been w8n for this befor the wii came out

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, if Nintendo's big news doens't have at least some Smash relation then it will be upsetting. Hope they don't just screw us and release one character liek Sonic. Although I'll woot at confirmation, I'll grumble cause it was obvious he's gonna be in it.

Haven't bin here in a long time... so many posts... congrats Dylan on making such a popular thread.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, now that everythings all hyped up, I would be a little dissapointed if only Sonic was announced. As I've said before, I want gameplay details, maybe control schemes?

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

[arrogance]GAW, we know what the control's going to be like though, regardless of what other (less intelligent) people on the boards think. :-D[/arrogance]

I want a sign from Sakurai that says 'Competitive community, we choose YOU!'

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, now that everythings all hyped up, I would be a little dissapointed if only Sonic was announced. As I've said before, I want gameplay details, maybe control schemes?
IMO we'll see 5-10 characters in the new trailer, with anywhere from 3-7 newcomers (a bit of a stretch :ohwell: ). Gameplay details=can't wait either (then again, who can=???) The control scheme is obviously the GC controller the way it was in SSBM (maybe a little diffrent), maybe the CC as a option or something. Plus there is a slight possiblity that if Nintendo makes a more traditional Wii controller, Brawl will work on that too=ya.

Originally Posted by Red Exodus
I'm not so hyped about Brawl since I forgot in order to play online you need Wifi, which I don't have, so now I'll be stuck fighting level 9s for most of the beginning of my Brawl life.
Well get hyped, because you don't need WiFi, you just need a wireless internet. :) (even if it is a hassle getting the internet up on the Wii! :mad:) if you want WiFi just go to a gamestore or electronic store, and they should have a WiFi Utility disk. At least, that is what I did, and got a WiFi Utility disk.

Then again, Nintendo will probably simplify the online stuff, and there is a possibility you can use wired internet in the future with the Wii=ya (if it's no out yet). the only problem is getting the Wii internet up is a hassle, but once you get it permanentely up (notice I said permanentely), it shouldn't be a problem. But ya, in the future, expect the Wii internet installation to be simplified! :) :)

Side Note: Metroid Prime 3 details, plus a Metroid Prime possible release date, along with a extremely likely Brawl trailer=me totally excited! (dash dances obsessively) :) :) :)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Johnknight, you don't even need a wireless internet if you have an adapter. And Sensai, that's true.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Johnknight, you don't even need a wireless internet if you have an adapter. And Sensai, that's true.
Idk, I just got that WiFi PC utility disk thing, and installed it, along with the dongle tha came with it, and hen I could use the Wii I own online. It was almost as simple as that! :laugh: :)

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

It really is, actually. It's very very nicely done on Nintendo's part.

And you have your expectations set way too high...probably. 10 new characters, with 3-7 being new? Jesus, how many characters do you expect in the game?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope they show an even number of returners and newcomers. I don't want to see everyone that was in the old Smashes getting their own trailer [unless we get more than one] and at the same time I don't want the new guys to take over. Either way I'll be happy but either way their will still be burning questions such as "Will character X return?" or "Will character Y get in Brawl?".

I'd like to hear about stuff other than characters as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^

It really is, actually. It's very very nicely done on Nintendo's part.

And you have your expectations set way too high...probably. 10 new characters, with 3-7 being new? Jesus, how many characters do you expect in the game?
10 is the max I expect, and to be honest I really don't expect that at all. Seriously my bad, that is how many I expect to see between the 3rd and probably fourth trailer (that I don't expect for a good while). I do, however expect around 3 or 4 newcomers in the next trailer, with one or two returnies, and slightly less in a fourth=ya. Beleive me, even my expectations aren't that high!....:) ;) :laugh:

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
I think we're past trailers. Honestly, if the site is being completely revamped, I think the info will be varied a lot, not compressed into a movie. Although it wouldn't surprise me if a trailer was released alongside the new information. Oh...if that's what you were saying in the first place, then sorry lol.

Sensai

Smash Master
I would be kinda surprised if there wasn't a trailer upon loading into the site...like a flash animation or something.

Well, no, I wouldn't be surprised. In fact, I've changed my mind; they probably won't do that.

MY GOD IT'S 12.11. Jesus. When were you guys gonna tell me?

Phil Ashio

Smash Cadet
The bottom line is...the game is a freaking game. It'll be fun regardless. We already have the best game ever, which is Melee and it's in our pockets already. I think we have nothing really to lose. I think nintendo knows what they are doing by now. Yeah, my week will be ruined if the game isn't great, buuuuut I would still play Melee.

I would however like them to kinda go back to the original SSB physics though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I see what you're saying in a way, Phil, but what about those people who are done with melee?

I hate to say it, but I haven't played melee with my buddies for almost a year now. There was nothing I enjoyed more than those 3:00 in the morning matches with a cold Coke next to you and your hands twitching like a mad man. The feeling of winning a close match is amazing.

Really, I think the reason that we stopped, was that we held a tournament at my house, just for the n00bs that go to our schools. We expected to clean up and make about 40 bucks each if we won. (We were planning to split it if either of me or my three friends won.) Anyways, we lost, and it was really pretty upsetting. My friends stopped playing after that, and part of me wanted to keep playing, but there was really no point if my friends weren't interested anymore.

I still enjoy talking about melee, and discussing strategies and such, but there's no denying that I'm done with melee. It will always hold a place in my heart, seeing as I have such great memories of the times I've played it with my friends, but I'm not going back to that game.

But the part of me that still wants to play melee stays alive in the hype for Brawl. I hope that it's an amazing game, and my friends get hooked all over again, so that I can re-live all those memories.

I know I made it sound kinda tragic and cheesy, but that's exactly the point I want to get across. Some people won't just go back to melee if Brawl sucks. That's why I pour my time into this website. To get hyped up for Brawl, gather info to tell my friends, and to just really get excited about a videogame again.

I hope that makes sense.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still having a feeling Brawl is just going to be a updated, and better Melee, as oppose to how much the series changed so drastically from SSB64 to Melee (a change well needed). We'll just be getting new features, modes, items, characters, courses, and options, plus likely online. (in which Nintendo should give us melee online to make more hype!)

Basically, the gameplay will stay the same, maybe faster air combat speed, some slower characters now attack faster, and some cool new moves and awsome newcomers, but the game will still stay reletively the same thing as it was in Melee. And I think we all can be happy with that, considering how friggen awsome Melee is! :) :) :)

Originally Posted by Sensai

I want a sign from Sakurai that says 'Competitive community, we choose YOU!'
Seriously, I'm not a competitive smasheer on anything, but that way we'll get tons of more advanced tech and stuff like that (goes back to WD around his house with excitement, hoping for a new trailer). :)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
John stop using the words ''Brawl'' ''Better'' and ''Melee'' in the same sentence if that's your opinion. Brawl has no chance of being better than melee haha, the very thought of something surpassing melee, or starcraft (have you SEEN the sc2 trailers, omfg what are they doing to the game ?!??!)

makes me laugh.

Really, I think the reason that we stopped, was that we held a tournament at my house, just for the n00bs that go to our schools. We expected to clean up and make about 40 bucks each if we won. (We were planning to split it if either of me or my three friends won.) Anyways, we lost, and it was really pretty upsetting. My friends stopped playing after that, and part of me wanted to keep playing, but there was really no point if my
Wow, Ive been there man. Never in melee though, probably because I never considered myself very good to begin with, so anyone who creams me in smash I instantly respect and try to learn from. I pwn all the n00bs at the bi-weeklies but I still get 3-4 stocked by the top players on our power rankings.

Online though... you all remember what happened when I lost to a link player. I changed my avatar to some gay ducks and stopped insulting noobs for... like.. an hour.

AN HOUR!

So ya you're right not to let you get it down, and its obviously easy to get past since its just video game angst. Get back on your feet and keep smashing.

And if there's no wavedashing, smash your copy of brawl ;)

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I adhore trolling and I'm quite tired of this thred, but I must say: if you smash a copy of Brawl I gaurntee that the majority of this forum will PM you the message: "HAHA WHAT A LOZER YOU JUST WASTED FIFTY DOLLERS". I also gaurntee that I will be the first to do so.

Wave Dashing is not THAT crutial to the game, you act as if there takeing out, say: the entire starting lineup. Wavedashing is a nice trick, but if you still think that THAT LAME MOVE IS THE PINICLE OF ALL TECHNICAL MOVES then I have no choice but to say the very thing you tell every non-wavedashing person, wether they can't do it, or just don't want to: you, Dylan_Tnga, are a "newb" Learn something else for god's sake!.

-End Rant-

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John stop using the words ''Brawl'' ''Better'' and ''Melee'' in the same sentence if that's your opinion. Brawl has no chance of being better than melee haha, the very thought of something surpassing melee, or starcraft (have you SEEN the sc2 trailers, omfg what are they doing to the game ?!??!)

makes me laugh.

Wow, Ive been there man. Never in melee though, probably because I never considered myself very good to begin with, so anyone who creams me in smash I instantly respect and try to learn from. I pwn all the n00bs at the bi-weeklies but I still get 3-4 stocked by the top players on our power rankings.

Online though... you all remember what happened when I lost to a link player. I changed my avatar to some gay ducks and stopped insulting noobs for... like.. an hour.

AN HOUR!

So ya you're right not to let you get it down, and its obviously easy to get past since its just video game angst. Get back on your feet and keep smashing.

And if there's no wavedashing, smash your copy of brawl ;)
I've said it once I'll say it again, I think Brawl will just be a upgrade of Melee, that is all. Keep WD, keep Dash dancing, keep all that stuff. Give me proof Brawl is worse, since we've only seen 5 minutes of it so far. Once Brawl is out, I've unlocked all the characters, and done all that stuff, I'll see if it's better than Melee. But if Brawl is worse than Melee, I'm not afraid to go back to Melee, and even if Brawl is better, I won't stop playing SSB64 or Melee. The best way to find out which is better is just to wait and see, and I can wait.

I'm not even going to the duck and lost to a link thing....that was the scariest hour in history...

If WD, dashdancing, etc are as good as they were in Melee in Brawl I'll be fine. Plus if any of these aren't in Brawl, I might just go crazy! Still, I don' think there is much to improve on that Melee had, other than the number of characters and stages.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Did you just call wavedashing a "nice trick" and a "lame move" and say it's "not that crucial to the game"?

God I hope not.

And Dylan has said many times that he acknowledges wavedashing is not the pinicle of advance moves- SHFFLCing is. And uh... he could probably pwn you, if you have that view on wavedashing. So, let's just try and think before we post from now on.. hm?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm confused about how the internet works on the Wii--I thought it had integrated wireless capabilities and free wireless internet, like the DS?

Is this not the case?

And can you not use an ethernet cord? Because wireless connections are trash for gaming. PERIOD.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
the demand for the game is too high for it to be perfect. People constantly chanting about baby bowser, Master Chief, or like Dark Samus are going to be very dissapointed to find out that they won't be in it, since most of those characters won't be in it as a matter of fact. (I'm just using them as examples, don't go off flaming about it X_X)

Things expected to be good always turn out bad, so I guess this will probably turn out bad as well.

Sensai

Smash Master
It does, Shai, but you still have to have a wireless router or one of those things to make it work, just like the DS.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Or you could order a Nintendo USB connector and connect your Wii to the internet if you want to connet it via cable.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Seth, just shut up. You don't know who you're talking to.

Remember the fireproof suit Dylan invented that no one understood? =P

On SC2, it looks like they've revamped the graphics (YES), added new units (YES), upgraded old units (YES), revamped gameplay (YES?), removed 12-max selection (YES) and basically revamped the entire game.

Now, considering how kickass Blizzard is at balancing, I wouldn't worry. There's also the fact that's been in development since 2003. AND THEY DIDN'T TELL US ANYTHING. =O

But I'm going to suck so badly at SC2 when it comes out. I mean, I already suck at SC, why should this one be any different?

Dylan, do you play? Wanna go at it sometime on Battle.net or Hamachi?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
It has been in development since 2003? :0

Why didn't Blizzard tell me when I was still waiting for the game in 2004. (gave up when World of Warcraft was all that Blizzard focused on.) This is great news especially getting rid of the 12 queue thing (annoying). I am so happy this week with Starcraft 2 announced and Brawl news on the way. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Are the system reqs for Sc2 still low or do I have to worry about upgrading my pc.

I loved Sc1.....'s demo. I probably won't be able to find a copy anywhere since PC gaming is even more non-existant here as console gaming.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I've found some package for $20 at Best Buy that has SC and a bunch of expansions, but I don't like RTS games that much so I didn't get, but I want it now! w00t! Revival of the old epic thread! Take down the Countdown!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
It said on SC2's site that there will be a large range of system requirements, meaning that (I think) even if your graphics card isn't up-to-date, I think you can still play it. You just play with crappier graphics.

Keige, go back to Best Buy and get SC Battle Chest. It has Starcraft and Brood War, Starcraft's only expansion.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, seriously: if you don't have Starcraft, gather 20 bucks up and buy the Battle Chest. It's a really good game.

Zephyr, I suck too. Like, I haven't played an RTS since I quit WC3 back in the day. Just re-picked up SC....god **** do I suck.

The system requirements, Red Exodus, are probably going to be pretty hefty, although they did intentionally steer away from using DX10. I think I'm going to have to upgrade my computer to play it, sadly...

[Edit:]

CaptainCC said:
From Go Nintendo podcast:

"We have Smash Brothers news. The Smash Brothers website--they're redoing the whole thing and there's a countdown on the website. They don't say what's going to be on the site, but you will be able to learn a lot more.

This coincides with the Nintendo Summit, which is happening Tuesday for online media and Wednesday for print media because the pritn media needs to see stuff longer in advance to get their stuff out. IGN, Gamespot. Big sites that have been around for a long time, so they're going to go to the first day and you'll hear news from them that night and the next day the print media is goign to see all the stuff we want to see, so they're goign to get to play, we're not sure, but expect Metroid Prime, Galaxy, and Brawl, and you'll hear that in their next issue because it will run during E3, and that's why they get to see it early. Brawl news is expected.

If we're taking the rumors that we hear, we should get a firm release date on the day that the site launches, and as well probably a new trailer, screenshots and character confirmations."
BTW. :-D

Speeder768

Smash Rookie
I don't worry because they've had six freakin' years to make the game. I'm gonna tell you right now..... If it sucks, I am seriously going to sue nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom