• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I want more stages that are tournament playable, yet interesting at the same time. I hope the look of for stage glitches like Corneria's and BF's, they suck.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I want more stages that are tournament playable, yet interesting at the same time. I hope the look of for stage glitches like Corneria's and BF's, they suck.
Yes. Hopefully Nintendo will take the hint from high-level play and give us more neutral stages. Unfortunately, we've already seen several stages in the trailers with interactive environments. The collapsible platforms on Pit's stage, the Shyguy racers on the MarioKart stage, the flaming arrows on the castle stage (can these actually hit players?). But we have seen the Halberd for Meta Knight and the Yoshi's Island stage that both seem neutral enough, as well as that nondescript one that shares BF's layout.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Uh... isn't one or two neutral stages enough really? Two if you need platforms I guess... but really, you don't need many neutral stages. Perhaps, just as a little pleasing feature, you can define the neutral stage as set platforms of various length, but really... I don't want Brawl to be saturated by stages with no real character. That kind of crap doesn't ADD anything to the gameplay. If you have one flat platform with nothing going on, you have all the flat platforms with nothing going on you'll ever need.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Collapsable platforms don't make a stage un-tounament worthy, Hideous Being.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
What ruins a stage tournament-wise is if it gives any advantage to some character over others so as to make that character completely dominate on that stage. Also, if people can camp all day on it (like Hyrule Temple) then it would be banned as well. I've seen nothing about the collapsing platforms stage that would knock it out as a tourney stage. So far, it looks like the new Battlefield. Not that I even wanted another one of those. -_-

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I think we don't have to worry about stages because there probably will be a lot of stages(more than melee) so there will be non-TP(tournament playable) and TP.

Well at least I'm not worried about that

Sensai

Smash Master
Nor do platforms that are there make a tourney level. Marth can tipper through the platforms on 5 of the 'neutral' levels.

[Edit:]

And no level can be truly neutral, as every level benefits someone or another.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I hope patches will be able to correct any later discovered bugs on levels such as occurrences like Marth's attacks being cancelled by the KD64 wind, or the invisible ceiling glitch on BF... I can't stop hoping that Nintendo will be able to correct bugs and write the changes to the system like other online games like Starcraft.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I was thinking about that too... for example updates on the game or fixes and also this:
If people start complaining a lot about a certain bug then they'll probably remove it but if not they probably wont unless they're gays and don't care about if the bug is "good" or "bad" for the players and just for the simple reason that they don't like it they'll just delete it (or fix it)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It looks like (don't quote me on this) Brawl will have minigames. This isn't neccesarily a bad thing, but it's time that they could be spending on gameplay.

Check out the CoroCoro thread, I'm trying to spread the news.

Oh yeah, and Tingle and DK look like they will be in Brawl. (Once again, don't quote me on it)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I was thinking about that too... for example updates on the game or fixes and also this:
If people start complaining a lot about a certain bug then they'll probably remove it but if not they probably wont unless they're gays and don't care about if the bug is "good" or "bad" for the players and just for the simple reason that they don't like it they'll just delete it (or fix it)
See, the thing is, if there is patches, Sakurai would have to be sure the changes should be made. I mean here, that he would have to base changes off of the professional play. If Sakurai observed wants of the low level players, (I already posted this thought somewhere) he would basically get a bunch of n00b requests wanting to have their character improved, or a common foe's character nerfed. This could result in gross imbalance, but player polls available to everyone would be dangerous. It would be safest to wait for tiers to develop, and for everyone to discover all the freeze glitches, bugs, etc.

Sensai

Smash Master
Mr.GAW said:
It looks like (don't quote me on this) Brawl will have minigames. This isn't neccesarily a bad thing, but it's time that they could be spending on gameplay.

Check out the CoroCoro thread, I'm trying to spread the news.

Oh yeah, and Tingle and DK look like they will be in Brawl. (Once again, don't quote me on it)
QUOTED!

Sorry, couldn't resist. But I'm interested in seeing this...where's this thread located?

/peruses

Aha!

And I'm pretty sure I'm against the idea of patching, unless it's absolutely necessary. My reasoning behind this is simple: if they could patch, then some things (wavedashing comes to mind) would certainly be modified or, in the worst case scenario, taken out completely.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmm???

It has something to do with patching? Link please.

Sorry, but that's news to me. I'm sure others are interested too. Does it say that in the CoroCoro thread? Or did you find it somewhere else?

sheikan7

Smash Cadet
I'm VERY nervous! I'm worried about Nintendo nerfing a lot of characters or making them all equal somehow. I hope, they DO NOT give Zelda a stupid sword and take Sheik away from her or from the game itself. Some characters need to be made a little better or a little worse. Clones do not need to be returned. Peach's float has to be returned! It's a classic! I just am very very nervous about the small things like that that could ruin the fun factor or make the game too equal or unfair. =((

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Those things wouldn't ruin the fun factor, they'd just change how you play the game. Who knows, it might be even more fun!

Plus, I would bet my life (seriously) that everything you just said has been said somewhere on this thread already. Read the whole thread next time.

...=P

Sensai

Smash Master
GAW, I wasn't saying that the thread had anything about patching, I was responding to someone else in this thread saying something about how they wished Nintendo would patch.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ooooooooo. Right right right. My bad.

Anyways, It doesn't look like it's much anyways. Basically, it will tell next month whether or not Wiimote controls will be used. No Tingle or anything. Minigames aren't even confirmed.

Sensai

Smash Master
BUMP FOR JUSTICE.

Surely you guys have all seen the thread concerning the count-down, yes? I guess that's where all of you are, talking in there instead of our nice little place we have here...

...why can't we have nice things?!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Yeah we can't let this thread die...

Umm...so...I don't really have anything to say. I haven't been able to play Smash lately because there's noone to play. Guy I usually fight went home for the summer. Boo.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I find it odd that so many countdowns are going on at once. There's Starcraft 2's release [or something like that], Halo 3 beta and Brawl's update. Too bad none of them will do anything other than make me anxious.

Sensai

Smash Master
Starcraft 2 means the Blizzard announcement-to-be on the 19th, for those who don't know or are unfamiliar with what he's talking about.

Blizz has me so excited about the idea of a sequel to SC that I have downloaded/installed/tried to configure Wine just to play it again.

WHAT A ****IN' AWESOME GAME.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I find it odd that so many countdowns are going on at once. There's Starcraft 2's release [or something like that], Halo 3 beta and Brawl's update. Too bad none of them will do anything other than make me anxious.
I just noticed and started hearing about the countdown a few hours ago, and it is definitely odd Starcraft 2, Halo 3, and SSBB countdowns are going on. I feel the SSBB vs. Halo 3 war starting=seriously! This could also probably mean we'll get a new trailer=:) :) :)

Lol, I seriously wanna see Snake's super move, just for kicks (what would it be=?)! Maybe the update things will give more release date info...I really wonder what this countdown is all about....:urg: :psycho: :laugh: :) :chuckle:

Lol Sensai, I don't see this awsome thread dying anytime soon, even with the new countdown starting=ya. It is too awsome to die, and it won't=trust me...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm sure they'll at least narrow down the target release date.

Also,

like Blizzard could ever make a good game, lol
Lol, ya Blizzard can't=total sarcasm. I think Nintendo will just narrow it, or give us a month or something...awsome, I get a 10 day late 16th b-day present=o ya! :) I'm pretty happy, and if you see someone wavedashin way better than Luigi could even dream, it is probably me...:laugh: :chuckle: :psycho: :)

Sensai

Smash Master
Devas, I'm going to assume you're kidding. If not, then I have no choice but to blow up your house.

I forgive you.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
STARCRAFT 2?!

WHAT?!

That is some good freakin' news. It's about time Blizzard strayed away from their cash-cow (i.e. WoW) and started to get back to their other excellent games that deserve...something other than a fate that involves being put on the back-burner for eons.

Eternal phoenix fire said:
This thread is very...strage.

o.O
I will agree, my friend. This thread is very strange.

I wonder where Dylan's at?

Smooth Criminal

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^^ I get siggy quoted again, thats like 6 so far now. A record for me anyway.. I say such quotable stuff...

Im glad to see the thread, she lives! BUt I unfortunatly must get back to my studying... ill be back *creepy music*

Probably not till weekend though. later.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Recently, in Smash, I'm losing to my brother again. We haven't played in a long time, so when we picked up again, we were both way better, but my brother had the most significant improvement. He rarely uses advanced techs, but he is much better at exploiting moves, so now he beats me in close matches. I don't care much, but oh well.

About Brawl, this wait for information has me desensetized [misspelled]. I don't know, I'm not very caring about news anymore, I'm just peacefull waiting for the game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not so hyped about Brawl since I forgot in order to play online you need Wifi, which I don't have, so now I'll be stuck fighting level 9s for most of the beginning of my Brawl life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom