• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I like the level, but it woulda been cool if you couldda shot outta that diagonal faced giant pipe right near the end, and have it launch you to the finish :D

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Why don't you just edit your first post for the double post, Superstar?

Superstar

Smash Champion
Mostly cause after a few hours, even if you edit a post, people will not notice it. So its kinda like a bump/post. I almost always use the edit button. On practically 90% of my posts I use the edit button to fix grammatical errors.

Dylan, I took your advice. Here ya go. Sadly, the ending part had to be shortened for the goal to work. I also lowered the goal point floor, and highered the pipe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FNLsWb8YzIQ

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I emo'd out because I got beat on Kaillera by a link player and was freaked that the bottom tier was 4 stocking my glorious captain falcon. Then learned that the link player was sensEi (thought it was you when he first joined) and is one of the elite in the world at smash 64.

Hence the new location, I also briefly changed my avatar from arrogant goku to some gay ducks, and stopped insulting noobs. I was really discouraged.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I think everyone is worried about this. Personally I don't care too much If it sucks or not I'll still play it but probably wont buy it

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
well c...fro ssbb to actually suck...it would have to be worse than ssbm...i mean if it was just ssbm on the wii then it would still be ok...only way i c it sucking would be if all the other un named characters had gay moves like wario....other than that im not to worried

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
well c...fro ssbb to actually suck...it would have to be worse than ssbm...i mean if it was just ssbm on the wii then it would still be ok...only way i c it sucking would be if all the other un named characters had gay moves like wario....other than that im not to worried
How is farting gay? I find it pretty amusing. (At last!!!! a farting attack!!!)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lol....ok correction...not gay...obviously wario is the ill mannered counter part of marion but still...atleast make him look cool lol not the laughing stock of the game

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Stop getting back on topic dammit! Lol jk, do what you want this thread is for everything and everything that is the cool.

So I got my *** KICKED on kaillera by... none other than SuperBoomfan one of the elites in the world, we played for a few hours actually, I learned a lot and almost beat him, in the beginning. By the end he was so warmed up he was playing at 100% and I was lucky to get 2 stocks off him.

Was a great experience though, I guess I dont mind losing on kaillera afterall, the only reason I freaked out over the link thing was because I thought it was some pubbie who was beating me up. It really takes away the sting at your pride when you know the guy you're facing is just uber godly to begin with.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Stop getting back on topic dammit! Lol jk, do what you want this thread is for everything and everything that is the cool.

So I got my *** KICKED on kaillera by... none other than SuperBoomfan one of the elites in the world, we played for a few hours actually, I learned a lot and almost beat him, in the beginning. By the end he was so warmed up he was playing at 100% and I was lucky to get 2 stocks off him.

Was a great experience though, I guess I dont mind losing on kaillera afterall, the only reason I freaked out over the link thing was because I thought it was some pubbie who was beating me up. It really takes away the sting at your pride when you know the guy you're facing is just uber godly to begin with.
Yeah, I think I played jaime-HR the same day, and with similar results X_X. But my fox got a lot better through sheer experience XD.

Superstar

Smash Champion
SensEi eh, no WONDER you lost. Well, I think the reason you got angry might have been that online, you think of people more as objects/CPU, and almost anybody gets angry when they are beat by a CPU. Just a theory though.

Sensai, your find was funny. Sadly, on the computer, my sense of humor is drained, so my lols are never real. If I had seen that normally, I would have laughed, it did make me smile though.

And about the topic, as I mentioned on my first paragraph, would there be MORE scrubs when online? I mean, when I fight a person, even online, I am not scrubby, though I get angrier if online [not as much as Dylan]. Would being angrier turn some peoples who wouldn't be scrubs into scrubs? And what about the people who never play in groups often, I think those people are more likely to be scrubs. In Smash, I always played against my brother, and we had a huge rivalry, so scrubdom was not a problem. The Pokemon/Smash scrub incident involved a friend who always plays by himself [we were online at the time though].

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
True, in person Id never scrub out, but online I feel the urge to at times, not through text but through actions.. like Ill just let the guy kill me and not even DI or try to hit him if Im being 4 stocked... mostly so I get a chance to start fresh because when someone gets momentum in ssb its hard to take em down, but not impossible.

I once faked a Desync... ONCE *shame* I was in a rotton mood though and was getting pwnd that match and wanted to start fresh like I said earlier.

Anyhow it takes a skilled player to beat me, Im no n00b you cant just ''camp'' or try some gay nub tactic on me and expect it to work, I'll pwn your soul.

So now when I get ***** online I just try to learn from the experience and more than anything practice my DI.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sometimes I'm worried about whether I'm a scrub or not, but then I just read that scrub guide and it refreshes my non-scrub mentality. I almost never complain about getting owned. I remember in halo the other day, 3 people, including me, were playing in Lockout. I got like 10 kills, one of my friends got 23 kills and the other won the game with 25. I got sniped most of the time but I just tried to make a comeback, I think that's the best I could've done in that situation.

xeno

Smash Ace
To combat scrubdom, a giant "PWNED!" will appear on your screen whenever you are four-stocked (or lose without scoring a kill). In the next match, your name tag will be PWND to show the other person how bad you are.

No wait, that's not how it works!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
To combat scrubdom, a giant "PWNED!" will appear on your screen whenever you are four-stocked (or lose without scoring a kill). In the next match, your name tag will be PWND to show the other person how bad you are.

No wait, that's not how it works!
I like it. Like if you win without dying in survival mode, it should say ''PWND'' instead of ''Game'' that would own..

or at least ''Perfect!'' like in Street Fighter.... :laugh: :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
31000 views on this thread everyone!!!! 5000 more and we'll surpass the nintendo world trailer one, I wont lie thats been my goal for the past month or so...

we were 14000 views behind before, but we'll show that thread that people are more concerned with gameplay than a flashy trailer! :laugh:

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
To save some space on the disk, they could simply bring the NO CONTEST! screen for that lol

First time my brother heard that (he doesnt play melee btw) he immediately thought that sum1 got ***** lol
lol, that's great! they totally should do that! If you get 4-stocked...-NO CONTEST! :laugh:

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I was thinking about all the times I've heard someone say they wanted Cloud or Sephiroth in Brawl, or even someone from FF IV or VI. That got me thinking- if a character from Square were to make the cut, would it have to be a playable character? Personally, I would be more psyched if Cactuar or Tonberry made it into Brawl than if Cloud, Squall, Sora, etc. did. They're as iconic as the playable characters, I think. I mean c'mon, every time you see a tonberry you think, "Oh great, a tonberry...ugh". And every time you see a Cactuar you think "Free exp!"

Heh...Cactuar's B neutral attack could be a chargable version of 10,000 needles...and his Super Smash move could be 99,999 needles, which gives everyone 999% damage without killing them XD. And Tonberry could have a chargeable "Doink!" move. I'm just throwing ideas around though.

I know I could have probably put this in character discussion, I just wanted to know what the people in this thread think.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Just about anything from FF is great, I wouldn't mind at all. I wonder what icon they'd have, there are so many =/

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't really want any FF characters in Brawl. It seems like it would just kinda ruin the Smash vibe...

Given, some OTHER SquareEnix characters I'd be fine with. Slime from the Dragon Quest games would be great, IMO.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I dont care if a square with two sticks for arms and a circle for a head is a character as long as he has a good moveset. nothing matters to me but gameplay.

Sensai

Smash Master
No, 'cause then you'd have the likes of Kirby and probably Captain Olimar going up against real people with real story-lines.

Eh, I dunno. It could be done I guess, but I'm not sure that they could do it well.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
No, 'cause then you'd have the likes of Kirby and probably Captain Olimar going up against real people with real story-lines.

Eh, I dunno. It could be done I guess, but I'm not sure that they could do it well.
Umm, I guess I should be clearer.

I'm not talking about human characters.

I'm talking about Cactuar and Tonberry specifically, and then somebody mentioned a moogle, so I guess that one too. With those three, I don't think story would be a problem o.O.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Win! :D

I'll be honest, I'm pretty nervous. I can see Brawl sucking and Melee continuing to be the leading SSB title.
Ssh. Quiet your fears, young one. Wait for the nervous, the smash scene does not. Much skill Sakurai has, and much faith we must be able to place in him, yes?

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom