• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Are you serious?? Marth friggen ***** space animals on FD. "Quite Bad" is pretty inaccurate. Marth does very well on FD.
Yes it's definitely a counterpick against Fox. Against Falco I don't know. There's the chainthrow but his lasers are just too good.

But Marth's matchups against every other character are not good on FD.

xeno

Smash Ace
People assume final destination is "true skill" simply because its a "simpler" stage. I dont like it much myself. What's these glitches everyone's talking about? Never "fallen through" any of those stages..

El HP

Smash Ace
I hope brawl has better stages most of the stages in melee sucked also I think it would be great if they remade some stages of the two previous games.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Final Destination is the FFVII of Melee stages; too many people overrate it.
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAH!!!!!!!! Axem rules. FFVII is WAY overated. Final Fantasy 3 >>>>

I appreciate the simplicity of the level, but the notion that flat stages determine "true" skill bothers me. Saying that a flat stage determines true skill is saying that platforms themselves detract from skill. Personally I think stages like Yoshi's Story and even Peach's Castle require more skill to play on than FD, because there's more to consider besides you and your opponent. When I play a match on FD, I'd rather call it "traditional" skill because it more closely resembles other fighting games when on FD.
Mehhh, final destination (to me) is a demonstration of who has better mastery over their characters moveset, free of platforms, tornadoes, shy guys, all that crap. Plain and simple, flat stage, let the best man win. Platform stages favor marth and peach, I find. Falco owns on them too though.
Anyway...One thing that I'm sure definitely won't be screwed up in Brawl (How many times have I started with that phrase here?) is the music. I'm actually kinda excited about what songs they'll decide to remix. For example, if they choose to remix the Mario Circuit song for the Mario Kart level, that would be awesome.
For sure, Nubuo is a god.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Mehhh, final destination (to me) is a demonstration of who has better mastery over their characters moveset, free of platforms, tornadoes, shy guys, all that crap. Plain and simple, flat stage, let the best man win. Platform stages favor marth and peach, I find. Falco owns on them too though.
Samus also. Mine is handicapped on FD lol

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate DK64 and BF, they both suck and I main Fox, Marth, ICs, CF and Mario. They all get ***** by edges [and glitches in DK64] on those stages. I don't lose because of it but I have to fight harder than I normally should.

I have more experience on Corneria since the scrubs at the arcade ALWAYS PICK IT! and worse of all they hate FD because there's nowhere to stall. I'll have to change their ways again, just like I did with those stupid items. I hope they learn to play and stop stalling, it's realy frigging annoying when you have to run around like a headless chicken after some scrub that can't even sweetspot a ledge. It's gonna suck to be them when I learn to WD to edgehog.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, I like FD as much as the next man, but sometimes it just gets boring out of repetition, you know?

Actually, I shouldn't have said platform stages take *more* skill. I actually agree with what you're saying- FD tests character movesets, and nothing more. So I can understand how that makes up "pure" or "true" skill. I was just trying to say that platform skill is equally enjoyable, although it's different in the sense that a lot of variables can mess with the outcome.

I guess I'm just saying I don't prefer one or the other, simply because if I only play on one stage (or only on the neutral stages) I get bored after a while. I'm not saying I play on Infinite Glacier (if that's the name) all the time. But I'm not afraid to play on MK2 or DK's waterfall level, just for something different every few matches.

But yes, the neutal platform stages cater to Marth and Peach. Not to mention you generally never want to be on one of the side platforms with your opponent below you, something I hope they'll change going into Brawl. I want options on platforms besides shielding or wavedashing off of it. Give me a shield->platform drop, allow me to roll/tech off platforms, whatever. If you don't want to be on a platform, why put them in the level? Having said that, I'm happy at some of the templates they've chosen, like the new Star Fox level, which has three narrow platforms at equal height, spread across a wide level. We haven't seen a variation like that before, I hope they do more like that and that those stages all become tournament-viable.

Whoa, sorry for rambling. I tend to do that sometimes o.O

Edit (Short version): Basically, I like platform stages as much as flat stages, but I don't think they've reached their full potential yet. (Wow, 1000 words shorter ;p)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
People assume final destination is "true skill" simply because its a "simpler" stage. I dont like it much myself. What's these glitches everyone's talking about? Never "fallen through" any of those stages..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsslZOKmFwY

Watch this around 5:05. Wes glitches through Corneria. I have no idea what causes this but apparently it's not all that rare.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow. I just broke my desk because of Kaillera. I got 3 stocked 3 times in a row.

by LINK

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever been more ashamed of myself in my whole ****ing life. I really ****ing hate myself right now.

If I can get 3-4 stocked by the bottom tier character, I shouldnt be playing smash, classic or melee, this is just ****ing pathetic on my part. Truly, truly sad.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
The main thing im scared about is in the trailer, link put it opponent into one of those fighter game combos, where u dont press any buttons, but its like a "special attack". That really freaks me out, cuz it wud turn it into one of those basic fighter games.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I hate DK64 and BF, they both suck and I main Fox, Marth, ICs, CF and Mario. They all get ***** by edges [and glitches in DK64] on those stages. I don't lose because of it but I have to fight harder than I normally should.

I have more experience on Corneria since the scrubs at the arcade ALWAYS PICK IT! and worse of all they hate FD because there's nowhere to stall. I'll have to change their ways again, just like I did with those stupid items. I hope they learn to play and stop stalling, it's realy frigging annoying when you have to run around like a headless chicken after some scrub that can't even sweetspot a ledge. It's gonna suck to be them when I learn to WD to edgehog.
Actually BF is a really good ICs stage. ICs is one of the only characters who doesn't get screwed over by the edges.

I know what you mean about Corneria. Scrubs always counterpick it. I was playing this scrubby Sheik the other day who took me there, so I went Falco and stayed on the long part, while he camped by the tail. As if I'm going to go down there, when a single fair from Sheik can ruin me. God, that was the most boring match ever. It lasted over 7 minutes.

I have trouble fighting scrubs in general. I do much better against moderately skilled opponents.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Actually BF is a really good ICs stage. ICs is one of the only characters who doesn't get screwed over by the edges.

I know what you mean about Corneria. Scrubs always counterpick it. I was playing this scrubby Sheik the other day who took me there, so I went Falco and stayed on the long part, while he camped by the tail. As if I'm going to go down there, when a single fair from Sheik can ruin me. God, that was the most boring match ever. It lasted over 7 minutes.

I have trouble fighting scrubs in general. I do much better against moderately skilled opponents.
I've never fought a scrub before, sounds reallllly lame. I have fought someone who doesnt use advanced techs though, but hes good at smash..

He even manged to beat me when I was wavedashing and whatnot about with his confusing random repetoire of moves, including shieks chain! hahha. he's a cool guy.

Hes got good reaction time, im hoping he could improve at smash and become competitive.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I just broke my desk because of Kaillera. I got 3 stocked 3 times in a row.

by LINK

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever been more ashamed of myself in my whole ****ing life. I really ****ing hate myself right now.

If I can get 3-4 stocked by the bottom tier character, I shouldnt be playing smash, classic or melee, this is just ****ing pathetic on my part. Truly, truly sad.
o.O I hope you're not completely serious. Everyone gets surprised by a good Link in classic here and there. Personally, I don't think tiers matter as much in classic anyway. And when you play on Kaillera everyday (which I had done over several periods), your mindgames can get stale after a while. That's why I just take breaks from Kaillera every once in a while.

Seriously though, I've been 4-stocked by a good Link before in smash 64. Samus too. I know how it feels X_X. That's why I play Link sometimes too now XD, as well as Samus.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It feels horrible. all I know is I got 4 stocked by the worst character in the game. I talk a big game all the time like im king smasher of the world when in reality I shouldnt have the right to call anyone a noob after that display. Scrubs I still dislike and will insult..

I've realized Im a n00b, but Ill never, be a scrub. I lost the match because I sucked, not because link is ch33p.

I suppose I should ''go die'' but meh Im not emo so screw that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I swore Dylan was a newb to the thread when I saw his avatar but then I saw his name. Lol that was pretty weird, I see you've change your location too.

Anyway, Dylan you'd absolutely hate to fight scrubs. They complain about teh most ******** ****.

"Hey my controller isn't working"
"I meant to spot dodge not roll"
"I wasn't trying"
"I didn't know that was you"
"I thought items were on"
"I need items"
"You'd get owned if we had items"
"Stop moving so I can hit you"
"No fair you have this game"
"So what your if your game broke 1 1/2 year ago, you have it"
"I can't see"
"Don't chaingrab it's cheap"
"I would've won if you let me get back to the stage"
"You can only beat me with Fox"
"You can only beat me with Marth"
"You can only beat me with C Falcon"
"You can only beat me with ICs"
"You can only beat me with Mario"
"You can only beat me with Samus"
"F**k this f**king ******** game! It's f**king gay, you're f**king cheap!"

What am I saying, it's fun to play scrubs, but it doesn't help your game =(

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Normally id find that funny but link has killed my will to fight. Im still not over it. Luckily im playing melee tomorrow.. shiek is in that game. Good ol shiek, she can chaingrab that master sword using

GAY FAIRY ***

In melee.

I swear to god I hate link and his gay pointy ears so *****' much. Hes such a **** character how the **** did i lose. ****.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
It feels horrible. all I know is I got 4 stocked by the worst character in the game. I talk a big game all the time like im king smasher of the world when in reality I shouldnt have the right to call anyone a noob after that display. Scrubs I still dislike and will insult..

I've realized Im a n00b, but Ill never, be a scrub. I lost the match because I sucked, not because link is ch33p.

I suppose I should ''go die'' but meh Im not emo so screw that.
Meh, you're not a n00b just because you get 4 stocked by a lower tier character, trust me. Your shiek vids speak for themselves; you're a competent smasher. Maybe not at the top, definitely not at the bottom. I remember getting 3-stocked by a Bowser twice in a row.

That just brings me to why tiers no longer mean anything to me. Tiers are made by the top players. The top players understand what characters win tournaments, and why, and what weaknesses/strengths characters have. We don't. Just because a char is bottom tier, doesn't mean you can beat it easily just like that. First you have to understand *why* the char is bottom tier, through experience against good players with that character.

So...don't be too hard on yourself man, I'll train your 64 link game by being Link all the time XD

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well thing is, in classic smash even the worst character has 0-deaths since there is a lack of DI once you get hit, plus hit lag.

In melee pichu just plain sucks. Unless of course Chus playin him.

xeno

Smash Ace
WTF he went right through the stage! I've fought tons of matches there and never gone through.. is it character / move specific?

Zephyr

Smash Lord

Dylan, when I first met you you struck me as incredibly similar to a close buddy of mine, vietgamer1021, but that just convinced me that you two are clones of each other. Jesus Christ, he nails himself like that everytime he loses badly, and I hate it. Everyone has bad days, and you shouldn't let them get to you. Nor should you let it make you break your desk. What's up with that, man? o_0 I mean, Vietgamer pwns his controller when he loses badly, but seriously...0_0

But remember, Fox still pwns the **** out of Sheik, so if you play me, be prepared for me to KO your self-esteem, Vietgamer style. =P

jk jk

I hope you start pwning noobs again soon, though. And change your location, it insults me.

No really, it's insulting to me. I'll explain why later if you want. =P

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

Dylan, when I first met you you struck me as incredibly similar to a close buddy of mine, vietgamer1021, but that just convinced me that you two are clones of each other. Jesus Christ, he nails himself like that everytime he loses badly, and I hate it. Everyone has bad days, and you shouldn't let them get to you. Nor should you let it make you break your desk. What's up with that, man? o_0 I mean, Vietgamer pwns his controller when he loses badly, but seriously...0_0

But remember, Fox still pwns the **** out of Sheik, so if you play me, be prepared for me to KO your self-esteem, Vietgamer style. =P

jk jk

I hope you start pwning noobs again soon, though. And change your location, it insults me.

No really, it's insulting to me. I'll explain why later if you want. =P
Yeah but if you beat me with fox, like... that wont upset me.. I lose to space animals a bunch :D

Dude thing Is I lose very often to people in smash it doesn't bother me I see it as a chance to improve, but it was the BOTTOM TIER character.

People are explaining to me that link isnt really that bad in the 64 section and i dont get it, why is he bottom tier then?

Its weird. I have to get better so I can insult noobs again, I hate being a noob I really hate being a noob.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well there're only 12 characters so the spectrum can't be that wide. Plus people can be great with the worse characters as long as they try.

Melee's example: Taj

Zephyr

Smash Lord
You are not a noob.

Do I need to repeat myself? I will anyway.

You are NOT a noob. Stop punishing yourself for a status that doesn't exist.

EDIT: My God, Taj is a scary SoaB.

I played his M2 once, and I swear he was controlling my mind.

LOL, one time, he grabbed me and started staring right at me. I couldn't break eye contact and it took away any DI I might have had. 0_0 He has crazy mindgames.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Im tired of these gay ducks I want goku back.

Do I need to repeat myself? I will anyway.

You are NOT a noob. Stop punishing yourself for a status that doesn't exist.
Not in the literal sense, but I think anyone who isn't on the power rankings is a newbie, or an ''amateur'' definatly not good though until you prove yerself, son. :p

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I don't know the power levels of the peeps in Canada, I just know that the power level of SD is waay over 9000. =P

And I hate those gay ducks. Shoot them, please.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Yay.

We shall never speak of this again.

HOLY CRAP.

My power level is over 1,000 and I didn't even know it.

xeno

Smash Ace
What Zephyr is trying to say is, he's a fairy! jk man.
Dylan, we dont always win. Its good that you want to win, but don't ever take winning at ANYTHING so seriously that you stop liking yourself. Take care of yourself first, then take care of winning.

Personally I love games where I get outclassed, it gives me the most room to get better -- and I do. =D. I got my asskicked by a Gannondorf at my first tourney in some friendly matches about 2 weeks ago. It was embarassing, then I realized "Hey, gannons not as bad as I thought. Player skill + knowledge of the character is more important then the base "statistics" of each character." Remember, the sum is more then the total of the parts.. so just because you see "slow moving, crappy sword" doesn't mean the guy playing Link is not incredibly skilled AS link.

And getting beat by jigglypuff.. :0

Sensai

Smash Master
Link is lower tier because his recovery is just downright terrible. Other then that, he's actually pretty good...

Anti-semitism? Like, serious anti-semitism or just joking around? I'm not Jewish, mind you, but I figured you already hated 'scrubs' enough, you couldn't possibly hate any OTHER group...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Link is lower tier because his recovery is just downright terrible. Other then that, he's actually pretty good...

Anti-semitism? Like, serious anti-semitism or just joking around? I'm not Jewish, mind you, but I figured you already hated 'scrubs' enough, you couldn't possibly hate any OTHER group...
I dont like to generalize but the jewish stereotype does apply to some jews, the downright cheap underhanded backstabbing ones are the ones I dont like, but Ive met plenty of jewish guys that ive been pals with. It all comes down to the person, I hate a lot of white people too.

I just crack a LOT of racist jokes online though, they're only jokes though.

I downright hate mr saturn though, he IS a nose.

Best mr saturn moment :

My friend tyler is actually an anti semite, so his sister pulls out a mr saturn as peach and throws it at him.

He stomps it in mid air, then he knees it. Then the throws it off the edge, and edgeguards it with a knee which resulted in him getting edgeguarded by peach... we were all laughing he was soo angry at the nose.

I dont know what my problem is, I get 4 stocked in melee and i have the same attitude as you sensai, Im happy to be outclassed and watch the other player and try to learn..

but when Im on kaillera I get obsessed.. I want to win EVERY match and I get increasingly angry everytime I lose, unless I know the person, like if it was you or axem id be like gg, because I like you guys so I dont mind you beating me

But I know that theres some friggin pubby out there laughing his *** off at me because he just killed me with a backthrow to forward smash edgeguard with pikachu after I comboed him for 120% and barely missed the kill, that infuriates me.

As my rage increases so does my skill because I play cf so I become so agressive I dont give him room to breathe i just non stop attack, but when it gets really bad I just lose my concentration and freak out completly, especially if im being beaten by link.

I can not stand losing to link not in melee, not in classic smash. Till the day I die I will consider link to be a ****ty character along the lines of roy that youtube noobs idolise for his honor and lack of wavedashing neccesity. I HATE link in smash.

I love zelda games though.

I dont think I should play on kailerra, its bad for my health. Melee always leaves me in a good mood but with kaillera i have to be winning or else I get reallllly angry. I dont know why I guess its the lack of DI and how i have to watch myself get comboed, knowing exactly whats gonna happen and knowing I cant escape it, knowing the guy on the other end is thinking ''Wow what a NOOB. Im owning this guy. he sooo sucks''

The worst is when you're playign someone you KNOW is worse than you but you end up in a bad situation and he ''combos'' you with

Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.
Uptilt.

That also makes me feel like breaking things.

I dunno I think its because SSB give you the illusion you're good because of 0-death comboes, you do 1 or 2 of them and you feel like you're the best in the world. Then some LINK comes by and schools you.... Im still embarassed about that one. sigh.

mario-man

Smash Lord
So you guys are still going on over here. Man, I'da thought that this thread died long ago, but I guess since Dylan has something to do with it, it will never end. Lol
At least you guys aren't still rambling on about wavedashing and stuff. THANK GOODNESS

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Hey Dylan, don't sweat it. I can understand being angry over a loss, but don't let that make you think you're a bad smasher, even for a second. And I think what you do with your rage, converting it into skill, is a healthy stress reliever.

After all, if you're really pissed and all you want to do is break ****, then go ape on Link's fairy butt. We'll be here cheering you on.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
o ya. ssb64 link < ssbm link. now link got clawshot. makes more sense for grabbing pplz.

kirby not changing is not good. ssb64 kirby > ssbm kirby. hopefully i can convince sakurai to make kirby like the one in ssb64.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
o ya. ssb64 link < ssbm link. now link got clawshot. makes more sense for grabbing pplz.

kirby not changing is not good. ssb64 kirby > ssbm kirby. hopefully i can convince sakurai to make kirby like the one in ssb64.
kirby was hell broken in ssb...even I KNEW how to take advantage of it, and that's saying something o.O donkey kong wasn't broken persay, but he had some good stuff that was nerfed a bit when he moved to melee (they added so much windup to all of his attacks)

But kirby does need to be better than he was in melee, or else no one will use him. And yea Link was crap in ssb. He got better for ssbm, but he's still low tier (why is that again?). So for brawl he needs even more upgrades. I say he gets quicker and young link, uhh....leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom