• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer: Male or Female Robin?

Male or Female?

• Total voters

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Warning Received
<Removed by mod, inappropriate>

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'll be switching between the two.

Male is cool and has that nice black hair white outfit...and the female blonde skin is how one of my characters looked :)

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Female Robin, because.

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I prefer male. I'm a male and I usually like to play as male characters when the option is there... Also, the male Robin happens to be the one who has the blue costume. :)

Last edited:

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
I love how they added that. Did they do the reverse for when :4lucina: wins?
Not in the sound test at least (I can't find Ness's PK Starstorm in it) but she does make snarky comments towards Marth and Ike :

"And they called YOU the Radiant Hero ?"
"THIS is the Hero King ?"

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not in the sound test at least (I can't find Ness's PK Starstorm in it) but she does make snarky comments towards Marth and Ike :

"And they called YOU the Radiant Hero ?"
"THIS is the Hero King ?"
I noticed that. Looks like :4robinm:'s been rubbing off on her.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I thought I would only use male Robin but now that I have the game I'll play both. I like the way F!Robin shouts spells more than M!Robin's way. Also "Time to to tip the scales!" > "Let's tip the scales!". She also has the "Checkmate!".

I really like the difference between their victory quotes against Lucina as well :
M : Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you.
F : How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself ?
Wait, this happens? Is there a video?

Also, wow, F!Robin. No wonder Lucina doesn't like you when you aren't her mom. Though I guess it could be taken as concern in a weird way.

F!Robin has "Checkmate"? I missed that, too.

Last edited:

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
Wait, this happens? Is there a video?

Also, wow, F!Robin. No wonder Lucina doesn't like you when you aren't her mom. Though I guess it could be taken as concern in a weird way.

F!Robin has "Checkmate"? I missed that, too.
No video of it yet, but I have the game and you can hear them in the sound test.
The "Checkmate!" is one of her victory quotes, along with "I've got your back." (with Chrom) and "A good tactician has nothing to fear.".
If you're curious, here are M!Robin victory quotes : "It seems our fates are joined." (with Chrom), "I'm always three steps ahead." and "The key of victory lies within".

They also have a quote when they get killed(?) :
M : Reckless fool!
F : I was careless!

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

No video of it yet, but I have the game and you can hear them in the sound test.
The "Checkmate!" is one of her victory quotes, along with "I've got your back." (with Chrom) and "A good tactician has nothing to fear.".
If you're curious, here are M!Robin victory quotes : "It seems our fates are joined." (with Chrom), "I'm always three steps ahead." and "The key of victory lies within".

I'm loving all of these! I love how they each are still treated as their own separate personality, like how they are in their original game.

And now I'm definitely maining female Robin.

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
F : How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself ?
Now imagine if Female Robin was Lucina's mother when she said that... ouch.

Some of those quotes are... odd.
In Awakening, "Checkmate!" is one of (Male and Female) Robin's critical quotes. "I've got your back" is Chrom's line when he is paired up with someone. "I was careless" is Tharja's death quote in Awakening. The rest of them... I don't know where they came up with them. "Reckless fool"? Really?

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wow, I prefer :4robinm: visually, but :4robinf:'s lines are so good... I'm feeling torn...

WhyteMage

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure. Both of them are amazing. I'll probably end up using both and alternating between FRobin and MRobin.

Agiknight

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2766-9080-7886
I'm not sure if I'm going to play pink or white hair Robin-F, but I'm totally playing Robin-F.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Male one because I'm male, and i only used M!Robin in the games until now because F!Linfan is just so much superior compared to M!Linfan.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Male Robin, although I like having the option to choose either or.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I prefer male Robin, because I pretty much always gravitate towards playing as characters of my gender.

I'm okay with the female Robin, and I think her quotes are better overall, but there's not much else about her that stands out to me. Plus her pigtails look off-putting to me.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Both, but mostly using Female just because she's cute. Dem twintails.
Also, the booty jokes with Nosferatu as F!Robin.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Male, just because that's what I played through Awakening the most with.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I prefer Female Robin's voice. Male's voice is kind of dull and lifeless (Don't hurt me)
I prefer Male Robin's colours. Female's colours are very, very boring.

Shaymikyu

I said this before, and I'll say it again- Robin's colors were kind of a letdown, especially female Robin. There are so many creative things they could have done, but they just matched everything up instead.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Female because of the Red color.

Though I miss 'Elwind-o' from her JP voice, I've grown to love her English voice too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm still neutral on both, but I'm inclining towards :4robinf:.

I'd also like to point out that thankfully there's been no merciless God wrath brought down.

:seuss:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I like alternating between the 2

I have a fondness for :4robinm: because I mainly used him in FE:A, but :4robinf: has more swagger, so I use her when I want to school the opponent. Plus she says "Time to tip the scales!" properly, so there's that.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I stick between what I said before- Female Robin in Smash 100%. Male Robin in FEA because Male Morgan is the worst, despite my love of Female Robin in the same game. Plus, Male Robin's cool there. At least he says "Time to Tip the Scales" correctly in that game...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I can never bring myself to play the default costumes for any characters... but default Male Robin is the only Robin I like, out of the male variant. So I usually end up playing Red Robin (yum) or Blonde. So I guess female for me.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I stick between what I said before- Female Robin in Smash 100%. Male Robin in FEA because Male Morgan is the worst, despite my love of Female Robin in the same game. Plus, Male Robin's cool there. At least he says "Time to Tip the Scales" correctly in that game...
Just out of curiosity, why don't you like M!Morgan? He's a perfectly nice kid who means well and is sincere about it, and is also a great unit to use in battle. I don't see anything bad about him that makes him look worse than F!Morgan, considering that they're almost exactly the same in characterization and disposition. I tend to think of them as being almost alike, which is why I don't favor one over the other, although I do like the fact that he can actually support with Lucina even if she's not his sibling.

Again, I'm just asking.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I adore M!Morgan. I just want to hug him so much, and his supports with the other children so far from what I've seen are all fun. I haven't gotten to F!Morgan yet, though, so I don't have a comparison. M!Morgan is probably my favorite Awakening character though, or up there with Sumia.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
So I usually end up playing Red Robin (yum) .

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like M!Morgan? He's a perfectly nice kid who means well and is sincere about it, and is also a great unit to use in battle. I don't see anything bad about him that makes him look worse than F!Morgan, considering that they're almost exactly the same in characterization and disposition. I tend to think of them as being almost alike, which is why I don't favor one over the other, although I do like the fact that he can actually support with Lucina even if she's not his sibling.

Again, I'm just asking.
Maybe it's because I had her first, but I don't really like his design much. And to be honest, their personalities are a bit different. He's quite a bit more bland than she is imo. Plus she's cute, you know?

Maybe it's because I've only ever played with him having Chrom-blue hair and that turned me off because it looks just awful.

Don't get me wrong though. Chrom!Morgan is a ridiculous beast. Probably the only unit better than Chrom!Inigo, then again I'm probably talking out of my butt on that one and someone will shut me down lol

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
don't care eithre way.

BTW I think i've just found one of my new characters, robin felt weird at first when i first tried him/her on release day, but after some moer time today, i was having a blast as the character.

While she/he won't be replacing shulk(due to sheer xenoblade fanboyism.) I'll definitely be making robin one of my go to characters.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Female Robin with Michelle Ruff's voice... which doesn't exist here. I also like the taller, female Robin... which doesn't exist...

Shaymikyu

Female Robin with Michelle Ruff's voice... which doesn't exist here. I also like the taller, female Robin... which doesn't exist...
I played with that build, too. It just suits her snark so well. It has snarker written all over it. I also prefer ponytail Robin to pigtail Robin. And I love the forest green hair on her... Shame male Robin got the green palette. I generally prefer dark-haired Robin for some reason (my male Robin happens to be a dark brunette, too).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I played with that build, too. It just suits her snark so well. It has snarker written all over it. I also prefer ponytail Robin to pigtail Robin. And I love the forest green hair on her... Shame male Robin got the green palette. I generally prefer dark-haired Robin for some reason (my male Robin happens to be a dark brunette, too).
I just like Michelle Ruff's voice out of the 3? choices. I don't remember the other ones, but I think there's one that I'd be okay with using. As for male Robin. Eh, who cares. I don't like the voice actors for him, nor do I hate them. They're just, there. Same with his builds and only the default build looks okay since I don't want super buff "I'm a tactician" or a shota running around.

Shaymikyu

Michelle Ruff did two of the Robin voices... Except number 2, if I'm correct. I don't mind her SSB voice, but Voice 3 (I think it was 3) will always be how I picture her sounding.

Top Bottom