• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer: Male or Female Robin?

Male or Female?

• Total voters

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I played with that build, too. It just suits her snark so well. It has snarker written all over it. I also prefer ponytail Robin to pigtail Robin. And I love the forest green hair on her... Shame male Robin got the green palette. I generally prefer dark-haired Robin for some reason (my male Robin happens to be a dark brunette, too).
That sounds very much like the second Robin I had.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
That sounds very much like the second Robin I had.

Mine was almost exactly that except she had the darker green. I just adore that look so much. The dark green hair looks awesome with her Dark Flier gear, too.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Mine was almost exactly that except she had the darker green. I just adore that look so much. The dark green hair looks awesome with her Dark Flier gear, too.
Nice! I really like the light green.. I did it with MRobin too, though that resulted in an incredibly strange looking Severa...

I do rather like default Female Robin though. She's cute. But I agree- I would have switched the green and red pallets, myself.

Shaymikyu

If I do a male Robin run where I plan on marrying him to someone that gives Morgan a sibling, I'll have to have more fun with his hair color. Nothing against brown hair, but most of the kids seem to get it.

Default Robin is adorable, too! I just like the third body more for her personality.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Michelle Ruff did two of the Robin voices... Except number 2, if I'm correct. I don't mind her SSB voice, but Voice 3 (I think it was 3) will always be how I picture her sounding.
Voice 1 and 3 were Michelle Ruff, but I prefer 3 much more over 1. I don't know, I guess Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach and Katherine from Catherine spoiled me. Wendee Lee - had to look her up - is Voice 2 and she reminds me of Tara Platt. I don't know, I just like how Voice 3 sounds more emphatic compared to 1 and 2. Still, 2 sounds like a cold, calm sort of lady.

As for the male voices, I'd stick with 1 or 3 who has a weird voice crack for one of his critical/skill quotes. I'm not familiar with them, but his voice doesn't sound like 1's which is David Vincent. It's lighter and less gruff than his Awakening voice.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Voice 1 and 3 were Michelle Ruff, but I prefer 3 much more over 1. I don't know, I guess Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach and Katherine from Catherine spoiled me. Wendee Lee - had to look her up - is Voice 2 and she reminds me of Tara Platt. I don't know, I just like how Voice 3 sounds more emphatic compared to 1 and 2. Still, 2 sounds like a cold, calm sort of lady.

As for the male voices, I'd stick with 1 or 3 who has a weird voice crack for one of his critical/skill quotes. I'm not familiar with them, but his voice doesn't sound like 1's which is David Vincent. It's lighter and less gruff than his Awakening voice.
Snap, wasn't Tara Platt the Russian voice in Saints Row 3? Easily my favorite... And didn't return for SR4.

I sense a conspiracy between game makers to cut my favorite content. Sakurai teamed up with the SR devs, I know it.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like the male Robin better, he has that blue hair, and that was the Robin I used I used when I played Awakening, I named him Alex.

I already have a female FE character with Lucina, I don't need another, especially when the male Robin is superior, especially since we can ship him with Lucina, much like I did in my play through of Awakening.

Last edited:

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Female Robin actually says "time to tip the scales", but I still prefer male Robin

guessing male Robin's "time to tip the scales" quote was just too long, so they shortened it

$GMoney$

Smash Rookie
I prefer the male Robin myself. The hair colors on female Robin's alternate skins looked a little too garish to me.
I particularly like the male Robin skin with black hair and the white and red jacket. Very classy!

Rickhaos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rickhaos
3DS FC
0576-4749-8803
I prefer the female Robin, wich is strange cause I normaly choose the male version whenever i have the choice, and that red coat doe :O

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I prefer the male Robin myself. The hair colors on female Robin's alternate skins looked a little too garish to me.
I particularly like the male Robin skin with black hair and the white and red jacket. Very classy!
I love the red femRobin, but I would've preferred her have at least one more dark hair variant instead of two hair colors that are near identical.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Female. Male's cool and all, but I'm stuck in the mindset that he's supposed to represent me, and since he's his own character in Smash with little in the way of customization, it's a bit jarring to me. I'm not mentally shackled by female Robin, however. And women are awesome. What can I say?

Plus, she has that delectable gold alt color that matches with my Link's gold color alt. And dat Anna recolor, doe!

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I think it's a shame that they matched coat & hair color in most of the styles. I prefer the female Robin, but really dislike playing in all yellow, all red or all pink. So that leaves me with the standard silver/gray + black colour theme, which is a bit boring. Would have liked one that has contrast AND colour.

Last edited:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I do think the Male Robin has the better voice, but I enjoy playing as Anna Female Robin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I tried playing a few matches as :4robinm: to see how it fared in preference against :4robinf:.

I found myself going back to :4robinf: because :4robinm: sounds incredibly fudging bored. Lauren Landa voice FTW(although I do miss Michelle Ruff...)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
David Vincent's voice acting in-game does sound phoned in. I much preferred his performance in the trailer, particularly when he was talking about all the other fighters and how he fights.

At first I was disappointed that Michelle Ruff didn't return, but now I'm content with Lauren Landa and her performance. She sounds similar enough to the type 1 voice that I can't tell the differences between the two. Her voice does seem to be a little more high-pitched, though.

Still. Miyuki Sawashiro's :4robinf: is the best.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I honestly like both equally, although I do tend to use Male Robin more just because I myself am a male as well. :p

If you've played Fire Emblem: Awakening, you know that both Robin's are quite different in personality, which is simply amazing for a character you can create, including gender. Male Robin is more reserved with his words, careful and seems to be more of a book worm in some cases, kinda like myself actually. Female Robin, while she does share much of the same dialogue as Male Robin, seems to be more energetic, sassy, not afraid to speak her mind but just the same is thoughtful and quite humorous as well. I freaking LOVE both of the Robin's because they are characters that are quite fleshed out, have incredible and likeable personalities, and are very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Both are very well voice acted and.....well I could go on forever about them but I think you get the point haha. XD

Shaymikyu

I love the red femRobin, but I would've preferred her have at least one more dark hair variant instead of two hair colors that are near identical.
Agreed. Maybe it's because all my Robins in Awakening so far have had darker hair, but I prefer Robin with darker hair aside from his/her default outfit. I would have traded the blonde or pink for the green one (mainly because my first Robin was green-haired;)). I think that's why I prefer red Robin to blonde or pink.
I think it's a shame that they matched coat & hair color in most of the styles. I prefer the female Robin, but really dislike playing in all yellow, all red or all pink. So that leaves me with the standard silver/gray + black colour theme, which is a bit boring. Would have liked one that has contrast AND colour.
This as well. Robin's colors were a bit of a letdown to me, especially next to Lucina's amazing colors. At least red Robin has the Anna reference, though. I just prefer my Robin with a darker coat too, to be honest. The pink and blonde are too light for me.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I only go as Male Robin.

Love his swagger, voice actor, his colors are much better than FemRobin and plus that's who I play as.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
M!Robin for his dreamy voice and White Mage color palette :grin: I'll occasionally pick F!Robin, just for her quotes lol.

Khao

Smash Lord
I prefer the red Robin, who happens to be female.

I just like how the red clothes look. =P If the red clothes were on a male Robin, I'd likely use that too.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Female Robin for gender diversity among my more used characters, also I like her voice acting more than male Robin.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Male Robin. I like his face better, and also Pigtails are icky. Ick. Pigtails. Plus he has the blue pallete, and my Robin is blue haired. So, it harkens back to my playtime of awakening.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
M!Robin, because Lucina is best waifu I like his VA better than F!Robin

Shaymikyu

Male Robin because green is my favorite color :D
I was so bummed that the male got the green color. It's my favorite too, and my first Robin even had green hair. I sometimes play as the guy just for that color (and he's grown on me).

Hong

The Strongest
I can't say this enough, but every character with an alternative appearance should have gotten 16 palettes. Robin should have the same colours for both genders. Little Mac, of all characters, is the one exception? Not cool.:140:

Shaymikyu

I can't say this enough, but every character with an alternative appearance should have gotten 16 palettes. Robin should have the same colours for both genders. Little Mac, of all characters, is the one exception? Not cool.:140:
Agreed. It'd make more sense for Robin or WFT to get 16 anyway since the other gender gets unique lines. Or Alph, since he even gets his own name. They could have also done two colors for each Koopaling.

AlienWarhead

Smash Cadet
Female Robin because I played a female Robin for my first playthrough in Awakening and I liked pairing up(shipping) the main characters Robin and Chrom. It's fun to see Chrom in her final smash and victory outro and she special victory quote to Lucina is mean. I also like Robin's "time to tip the scales" quote and the KO quote "coming through" is cute. However I think Male Robin's red and white alt is Robin's best alt, but I like Female Robin's alts too.

Shaymikyu

Female Robin because I played a female Robin for my first playthrough in Awakening and I liked pairing up(shipping) the main characters Robin and Chrom. It's fun to see Chrom in her final smash and victory outro and she special victory quote to Lucina is mean. I also like Robin's "time to tip the scales" quote and the KO quote "coming through" is cute. However I think Male Robin's red and white alt is Robin's best alt, but I like Female Robin's alts too.
This is how I feel as well. I prefer female Robin in everything EXCEPT the alts. I love the male ones more, especially since green and blue are two of my favorite colors. Red Robin satisfies me overall, though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I used male Robin in FE:A, so I use male, vanilla Robin in SBB4.

I'm boring like that. :4robinm:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I honestly like both equally, although I do tend to use Male Robin more just because I myself am a male as well. :p

If you've played Fire Emblem: Awakening, you know that both Robin's are quite different in personality, which is simply amazing for a character you can create, including gender. Male Robin is more reserved with his words, careful and seems to be more of a book worm in some cases, kinda like myself actually. Female Robin, while she does share much of the same dialogue as Male Robin, seems to be more energetic, sassy, not afraid to speak her mind but just the same is thoughtful and quite humorous as well. I freaking LOVE both of the Robin's because they are characters that are quite fleshed out, have incredible and likeable personalities, and are very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Both are very well voice acted and.....well I could go on forever about them but I think you get the point haha. XD
This is basically my big reason on why I prefer to see :4robinm: and :4robinf: as twins (at least in Smash). For this reason I refer :4robinf: as Reflet ("ref-lay") to further bring that differentiation. I think they'd be really sweet and interesting twins, what's with their characters and different mannerisms, but still acting same some way or another.They'd hav have such neat dynamic: imagine Reflet nagging teasingly on Robin reading books when he should be coming over to train instead.¨
Als this is why I don't find the concept of :4robinm: being able to genderbend to :4robinf: very appealing, as the character changes rather drastically despite being kinda same on the inside.

Also like I said before, I prefer :4robinm: in his original form because I can't choose anything close to my original look and I really like his personality from Awakening because he's in many ways a lot like I am, but his overall reserved, nice guy personality traits and especially the design reminds me of one great Finn friend I had. Usually evokes this feeling of nostalgic affection of sorts. (And in general Robin's looks really handsome, so I might get rather clingy feels. Embarrass)

:4robinf: isn't bad, however a lot portray her as someone I might not really enjoy (a quite high-strung tsundere-like character), and some of her supports in Awakening didn't really lend on me liking her as much as :4robinm:. Chrom-supports, I'm looking at you.

I might play as her during FFAs though because she seems more "outgoing" that fits the more chaotic fights in those matches. Can't wait for my 8-Player Smashes!

Last edited:
Top Bottom