• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer: Male or Female Robin?

Male or Female?

• Total voters

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
This is basically my big reason on why I prefer to see :4robinm: and :4robinf: as twins (at least in Smash). For this reason I refer :4robinf: as Reflet ("ref-lay") to further bring that differentiation. I think they'd be really sweet and interesting twins, what's with their characters and different mannerisms, but still acting same some way or another.They'd hav have such neat dynamic: imagine Reflet nagging teasingly on Robin reading books when he should be coming over to train instead.¨
Als this is why I don't find the concept of :4robinm: being able to genderbend to :4robinf: very appealing, as the character changes rather drastically despite being kinda same on the inside.

Also like I said before, I prefer :4robinm: in his original form because I can't choose anything close to my original look and I really like his personality from Awakening because he's in many ways a lot like I am, but his overall reserved, nice guy personality traits and especially the design reminds me of one great Finn friend I had. Usually evokes this feeling of nostalgic affection of sorts. (And in general Robin's looks really handsome, so I might get rather clingy feels. Embarrass)

:4robinf: isn't bad, however a lot portray her as someone I might not really enjoy (a quite high-strung tsundere-like character), and some of her supports in Awakening didn't really lend on me liking her as much as :4robinm:. Chrom-supports, I'm looking at you.

I might play as her during FFAs though because she seems more "outgoing" that fits the more chaotic fights in those matches. Can't wait for my 8-Player Smashes!
I generally prefer the idea of them as twins, myself. I headcanon the one I'm not playing as being still there whenever I play, usually married to one of the Robin-exclusive spouses (in my main play, I see :4robinm: marrying Tiki).

Whether I prefer :4robinf: or :4robinm: support-wise varies with the character. For instance, I prefer :4robinm:'s Laurent support, and :4robinf:'s Yarne support. That's not to say I dislike the other support for each, but it definitely varies.

Even as someone who likes Chrom x :4robinf: a lot, though, I prefer :4robinm:'s Chrom support. I wish :4robinf:'s had drawn a bit more from it (though I still love all the other changes it makes to the dialogue of the story, like Chapter 21).

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Never played Awakening, but from Smash gameplay I prefer the male model. I like the male actor's hair and voice acting more. Plus, he be coooot. xD

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Male, with the black haired White Mage getup.
Partly because Female!Robin sounds outright whiny when she takes damage, as opposed to Male!Robin's more convinced "holy crap this hurts" groans, and also because I played a black-haired Robin in FE:A. And a little bit because it's just more satisfying to play as a man, given the purely aesthetic choice - especially with women as opponents. Knees were made soggy.

(Honestly, though - I hate the implementation of Robin as player avatar, if you're not going to let me S-support any character I want to, as opposed to any storyline woman... I don't care if you have no dialogue for Street/SpotPass characters! I put up with it in Radiant Dawn, didn't I? It'd be kind of nice to have the other Robin be a character, too. But alas...)

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Female Robin for several reasons:
1. She has the red costume in smash.
2. I used female robin the first time I played Awakening.
3. better voice quotes and better lines.
4. It makes more sense (for me) in her final smash; the dynamic duo wedding couple (I married her to Chrom first time too by the way) seems a lot cooler than just a couple of bash brothers. I just like the idea of husband and wife teaming up to wreak havoc.

M@v

Subarashii!
Decided on female only and for 2 reasons: 1.my female avatar looks really similar to one of the female robins; I just had a different hairstyle. 2. My best friend/training-doubles partner @•Col• uses male robin.

Last edited:

Stormfury12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I love the design of female Robin more(those pigtails are absolutely adorable) I also really like her voice and quotes. Plus shes adorable and it gives the roster another female character ^^

D

Deleted member

Male.

Because David Vincent.
(And also because my Avatar in FEA was also male.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I prefer female Robin, because despite being a guy I tend to like playing as females in games and I always jump at the female option first. :D

That would make Robin my first female Smash main, though... Although its only because there's not a lot of females in past titles. I played Zelda semi-often. If Dixie was added she'd be one of my mains too.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
I prefer Fem-Robin, my character from Awakening is the Pink haired Color Scheme for the Female Robin, makes me feel like my character is in smash!

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I never played awakening, but I like Fem-Robin.
I like her voice.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Female Robin has quite the winning smile in the Wii U version. So I pick her.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Male because I like being MEEEE. If I could just change his hair to blonde instead of white...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I like the yellow costume so I usually go female. It also helps that my first playthrough of awakening I played as the female Robin. I already knew about the children and I wanted Lucina to have the additional stats. That and I wanted to distance myself from the avatar as much as possible; I don't want a character remotely modeled after me having relations with an NPC (it just seems weird to me).

That and I actually like the female's voice better. It's not that the male's in game is bad, just that the lines given to him during the intro just turned me off I guess (seemed a bit too cheezy at points).

Neclord

Smash Rookie
NNID
Necl0rd
Female Daraen. I always main female characters. =)
And I like her pink and red hair options.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
I used to play male Robin's white color since he was either a White Mage, or Kirito from SAO.

But then I found out that Female Robin is cute and is waifu-tier so I ended up using her default color scheme whenever I sub Robin.
I'll still mainly use Male Robin in Awakening, though...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I used to play male Robin's white color since he was either a White Mage, or Kirito from SAO.

But then I found out that Female Robin is cute and is waifu-tier so I ended up using her default color scheme whenever I sub Robin.
I'll still mainly use Male Robin in Awakening, though...

OT: The right answer is female because male!Robin is fraudulent and says "Let's tip the scales!" instead of "Time to tip the scales!"

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Female Robin just sounds and looks way cooler, IMO. She's more expressive (Compare "Time to tip the scales!" to "Let's tip the scales." - major one.), and honestly? Male Robin is just unattractive to me. *shrug* Don't usually choose Female variants, but Smash4 is starting to really break that mould. It's quite refreshing, really.

(It's also getting me into the habit of choosing costumes that are pink. o_O; Curse you female Robin, looking awesome in pink!)

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Female Robin just sounds and looks way cooler, IMO. She's more expressive (Compare "Time to tip the scales!" to "Let's tip the scales." - major one.), and honestly? Male Robin is just unattractive to me. *shrug* Don't usually choose Female variants, but Smash4 is starting to really break that mould. It's quite refreshing, really.

(It's also getting me into the habit of choosing costumes that are pink. o_O; Curse you female Robin, looking awesome in pink!)
This game did the same thing to me with the color purple (not with robin obviously) but I love that color now.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'm prone to playing with female Robin out of habit from running numerous:4robinm: vs. :4robinf:dittos with a buddy (I like to assume that these two would have a fierce rivalry with one another). Recently, I've taken up using male Robin with the green hair and coat getup because it reminds me of the tactician from FE:Blazing Sword.

Default Fem Robin or Anna Robin are the only Robins you should be playing imo.
When you're playing fem Robin, it's all about rocking the pink hair and coat combo with black duds underneath, imho.

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Female Robin, because she has the red hair alt and that's the closest to my hair color. Lol. Also, I love it when she says "A good tactician has nothing to fear *smug face*."

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
I prefer Male Robin since I'm more used to him (since I played as him in Awakening) and his voice is cooler.

I do like the blonde Female Robin because she has the same hair color as me.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Greeting from TV Tropes.

Like many here, I definetely prefer female Robin. My fav alt would be the red one, as it reminds me of a certain merchant.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I like Red Heads. What can I say? Tho' I prefer Fox and Ponytails over Pigtails... Still, as pigtails go, they're not bad. I've seen some pretty bad ones.

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I love them both because whenever start a new game of Awakening I swap to the opposite gender, so I am pretty attached to both of them.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
I pick male Robin probably 90% of the time... mostly because that's the default option. When I play as female Robin I feel like I'm some cosplay, neck-beard, "waifu"-pillow carrier... that isn't meant to be a personal attack against female Robin players. It's just how I feel personally.

Rikke

Smash Rookie
NNID
SageDragoon
3DS FC
0473-8198-9847
Lol whats Male Robin amirite guys and gals?

Dreamaholic

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dreamaholic
Default male Robin all the way.
Female Robin's voice gets kinda annoying after a while.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I generally use female Robin for a few reasons. I really like the red and pink colour pallets, I like female Robin's quotes more (Checkmate!), and I love female Robin's hairstyle.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I love the design of female Robin more(those pigtails are absolutely adorable) I also really like her voice and quotes. Plus shes adorable and it gives the roster another female character ^^
Why does the roster need more females? I think it has more than enough for female fans I would say it needs more to cater to robot fans because right now it only has 2 robots and Samus who can kinda pass as one!

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Female Robin a little more over the male Robin but I like them both.

Lancelot

Smash Rookie
IF FEMALE ROBIN HAD THE MALE COLOR WHERE HE HAS BLACK HAIR AND A RED AND WHITE COAT, I WOULD ONLY USE HER

Top Bottom