• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer: Male or Female Robin?

Male or Female?

• Total voters

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I'll act like the minority and say the male Robin. IDK I guess he.......looks.....cooler? (Not trying to be sexist I sware to god).

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
I prefer female Robin because I'm female and prefer playing as my same gender. Male Robin's voice is pretty great, though.
it's the same for meXD i prefer the male one because i'am male and i love the blue alt:)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Female Robin is cute, specially with her pink alt and she has dem twintails as a plus.
Male Robin is badass and his white mage alt is amazing too.
They both have very fitting voices but male's is sexier.

Tough choice but I'll go with female because why not. :p

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I prefer female Robin because I'm female and prefer playing as my same gender. Male Robin's voice is pretty great, though.
This, pretty much. I played as female Robin first since I am female and I always like playing as my own gender. I'm doing a male Robin run right now though and he's grown on me too, though. And his voice is pretty awesome. I wish he still said the correct scale-tipping line in his taunts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I prefer :4robinm:'s colors, even though I'll mostly play as :4robinf:. Hers are fine, it's just that green and blue are two of my favorite colors, and that black-haired white-robed color is so cool.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Female Robin, it's the only one I've chosen in the original and the one I'm most personally attached to.
There's also the fact that watching a vid of her supports with Chrom was what made me buy this game in the first place, thus my first encounter with this great series. So it's thanks to her that I finally stopped missing out on such a great franchise(Intend to do Shadow Dragon & Light and Shadow next)

Oh, and that she's cute. I think it's important.

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
This, pretty much. I played as female Robin first since I am female and I always like playing as my own gender. I'm doing a male Robin run right now though and he's grown on me too, though. And his voice is pretty awesome. I wish he still said the correct scale-tipping line in his taunts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I prefer :4robinm:'s colors, even though I'll mostly play as :4robinf:. Hers are fine, it's just that green and blue are two of my favorite colors, and that black-haired white-robed color is so cool.
I like the yellow/blonde Robin a lot. The red one looks cool too, but I'm not a fan of the solid red hair.

Shaymikyu

The yellow one caught my eye first. The red is maybe my favorite outside of the default (which I'm still debating if I'll use that as my main color or not- I feel weird using default colors), but I wish the robe and hair were slightly more different from each other in shade.

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
I only played Male Robin in Awakening, I guess thats the one I will go with.
And I like his alts more than the female Robin.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Amazing how this is a dead even split as of right now because I like both male and female Robin.

Folt

Smash Ace
Amazing how this is a dead even split as of right now because I like both male and female Robin.
I've actually been expecting it to get pretty dead even eventually.

I can't really explain why I expected it, other than that I felt that both gender choices on Robin gave their own significant advantages over the other in Awakening.

Shaymikyu

I'm actually doing a male Robin run right now, and I think I'll definitely use him, too. He's a pretty cool guy. I just slightly prefer the female one (though I adore male Robin's voice!).

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Female Robin is so cute, and cuteness is the only thing that matters in the world.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Female, becuase KAWAII DESU JAPANESE VOICE! But male has Hair Color 13, which was the only change I made to Robin in my initial playthrough (other than eyes, asset, flaw, name, and birthday), so bias.

Shaymikyu

ESPECIALLY Grima Robin.

Though the "I'm the fel dragon, Grima." line sounded kind of seductive. :096:
Haven't gotten to that part on my slow :4robinm: playthrough yet, but wow, I'm not the only one who got that vibe from that line when :4robinf:!Grima said it.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I have yet to use female Robin, so I'm sticking with male Robin. I've become quite fond of my short, brainy Grandmaster in Awakening. I also much prefer the ditzy antics of female Morgan(I have seen some of male Morgan's supports, though). The female is all right, but pigtails just aren't my thing.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I really like them both, but if I have to choose...I'll say :4robinf:. I love her hairstyle. Embarrass

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
My Robin in Awakening was female so definitely female.

Although mine didn't have pigtails. She had the same white hair but it was cut short and covered one eye. I also used Voice 3.

As far as relationships go, I found RobinxChrom to be a very rewarding one. I loved being Lucina's mom and it was especially touching the moment
Lucina tried to kill me after discovering that I was Chrom's betrayer in the alternate timeline.

Being romantically involved with Chrom also made me feel like our bond was that much stronger each time he supported me in spite of
my constant struggle with Grima's influence.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I do wish that they had a Grandmaster outfit for them, especially F!Robin.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Male Robin, he's just cooler, and has more swag *shot*
Plus love the way his VA says "Time to Tip the Scales!"
And I sort of look like him according to my friends.
Plus RobinXLucina is my OTP.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
I really dont care much about this and I like both but in one side I prefer the male version the most and in the other side we need more femaline characters and she has a nice look; so its very hard to decide in which who.

Shaymikyu

Although mine didn't have pigtails. She had the same white hair but it was cut short and covered one eye. I also used Voice 3.

As far as relationships go, I found RobinxChrom to be a very rewarding one. I loved being Lucina's mom and it was especially touching the moment
Lucina tried to kill me after discovering that I was Chrom's betrayer in the alternate timeline.

Being romantically involved with Chrom also made me feel like our bond was that much stronger each time he supported me in spite of
I went with Chrom x Robin too. It was kind of an accident, but I really like what it added to the story, especially the stuff you mentioned in the spoilers and being Lucina's mom. Plus, Morgan and Lucina make cute siblings.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I went with Chrom x Robin too. It was kind of an accident, but I really like what it added to the story, especially the stuff you mentioned in the spoilers and being Lucina's mom. Plus, Morgan and Lucina make cute siblings.
This and Rightful King Morgan are the only redeeming factors of this otherwise boring and cliche pairing... ChromXSumia 4 life!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

That's why I love :4lucina:/:4robinm:. Having a broken Morgan helps too.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
I'll probably end up picking the male one the most because of the awesome black hair and white/red costume.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Male Robin. While I generally play female characters when given the option, the marriage aspect of Awakening led me to going with Male Robin. After two playthroughs, he's the one I'm more familiar with.
I'll alternate between the two in Smash (mostly because I can't pass up on Anna colored Female Robin).

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
I thought I would only use male Robin but now that I have the game I'll play both. I like the way F!Robin shouts spells more than M!Robin's way. Also "Time to to tip the scales!" > "Let's tip the scales!". She also has the "Checkmate!".

I really like the difference between their victory quotes against Lucina as well :
M : Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you.
F : How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself ?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I thought I would only use male Robin but now that I have the game I'll play both. I like the way F!Robin shouts spells more than M!Robin's way. Also "Time to to tip the scales!" > "Let's tip the scales!". She also has the "Checkmate!".

I really like the difference between their victory quotes against Lucina as well :
M : Lucina, I hope I didn't hurt you.
F : How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself ?
I love how they added that. Did they do the reverse for when :4lucina: wins?

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
I played Awakening with a female avatar, because having a couple made up by Tomokazu Sugita (Chrom) and Miyuki Sawashiro (Robin), who are my two absolute favorite voice actors, was quite a dream and I needed to realize it.

My character looked quite different from this Robin, however: short, raven hair and a cynical look in the eyes, just how I like it!

So I'm not particularly sold into the default female Robin that's in Smash, therefore as far as designs go I prefer the male... BUT, if there's an option for Japanese voices, you can bet I'll play as female Robin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom