• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer: Male or Female Robin?

Male or Female?

• Total voters

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This isn't going to be pretty. Prepare for a shipping war!!!

Actually, most people here are quite civil, so it'll probably be a pleasant topic. I personally prefer the Male Robin, but the Female Robin's quotes are better.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This isn't going to be pretty. Prepare for a shipping war!!!

Actually, most people here are quite civil, so it'll probably be a pleasant topic. I personally prefer the Male Robin, but the Female Robin's quotes are better.

What? You declared a shipping war.

:troll:

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
I prefer female Robin because I'm female and prefer playing as my same gender. Male Robin's voice is pretty great, though.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Female!Robin. I play a female character in Awakening and oh my god I love her pigtails squeeeeeeeeee~

EDIT: Incidentally, I met Male!Robin's voice actor at a local con. Cool guy. Signed some stuff for me. Took him to the shop for snacks and drinks.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It hasn't happened yet, but if I see people start attacking others for their opinions on this topic, I will bring down the wrath of a merciless god. I already gave this warning in the social thread, so it's up to all of you to be civilized humans.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm not a shipper or anything like that, but I'd choose male because he sorta reminds me of Zexion.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I always pick the female option when I have the choice, and that goes for the male/female characters in Smash as well.

Plus I married Chrom in my first playthrough of Awakening, so summoning him for final smashes will be hilarious.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I like both, but I prefer F!Robin's design more. There's something about her look that makes it more appealing to me, like the white hair and its pigtails, as well as her voice.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't strongly lean towards one or the other, but I do have a slight preference for Male Robin. But that's really only because that's the Robin I use in game and am familiar with.

Last edited:

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Male Robin is awesome, but I'll mostly be playing as this game's top waifu.

Hong

The Strongest
:4robinf:&:4robinm:: Good voice acting, good fashion sense.
:4robinf:: Better hair, better voice lines, kind of cute
:4robinm:: Ridiculously handsome, better non-default palettes

Overall I side with :4robinf:, for the better looks and better voice lines, since I prefer default colours, anyway.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I always pick the female option when I have the choice, and that goes for the male/female characters in Smash as well.

Plus I married Chrom in my first playthrough of Awakening, so summoning him for final smashes will be hilarious.
Same here! It'll sure make it odd when fighting Lucina. lol

Folt

Smash Ace
Male Robin. In RPGs, I just generally prefer males to females in terms of customization as I can make them and name them what I want them to be (which is usually a spellcaster since RPGs seem to love giving me only female spellcasters to play as).

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm male, Robin was me in Awakening, so I will primarily be playing as the male variant. Plus, I prefer his voice in both languages.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I prefer the male Robin because one of the male hairstyles and colors looked shockingly similar to a character I created for a story I wrote. ((Also, Robin x Nowi OTP.))
:happysheep:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Female Robin.
I always chose the female Avatar. I'm a hipster like that.

Also, her taunts have better lines.
EDIT: Also, dat pink palette swap.

Last edited:

Fogs

Smash Cadet
I prefer male Robin. Mainly because of the white mage palette, but I prefer his voice also.
But I do like female Robin as well... I may just pick default female or pink palette sometimes to mix it up a bit.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I prefer :4robinm:, his voice is just the best. As well as I usually prefer characters my gender.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Male Robin, because I prefer the eye candy and the bromance with Chrom, but female Robin feels like a stronger character in her own right. I love them both, but male Robin it is.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Honestly, they both look pretty cool. I will probably switch between them every now and then. I like all the colour schemes as well; it's too hard for me to pick a favourite--though, I could see mineself using the blue-haired male Robin the most, simply because both mine male and female avatars in Fire Emblem: Awakening have the same exact hair colour.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I will bring down the wrath of a merciless god.
O-O Ooookay i'm outta here...

Anyway, although I played as male Robin in Fire Emblem and I am a guy... I prefer female Robin. I prefer her voice and her taunts. I also love Bubblegum colored female Robin.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I seem to gravitate more on Male. His personality reminds me a lot of myself and this close Finn friend I used to have. I even wrote this post in Tumblr to explain that further:

I’ve recently noticed that Robin has reminded me of one nice Finn boy I was best friends with… especially by kindness, sociability and intellect he and Robin share. That guy was calm and usually reserved, but still really caring and empathic all the same.
I remember how I could always act freely like myself and he was always there for me in times I had it rough. Fond times.

Can’t thus help now feeling more attached to Robin - he now gives me this nostalgic feeling of warmth whenever I see him around… Kinda wish he was real. It’d be sweet to be his friend.
Female however is also notable and has almost differing feel on her character when compared to her male counterpart. This is why I'd rather refer her by different name ("Reflet") than "Female Robin".

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Female Robin is better though I like both.

In FEA, I generally like female better but there's just so much more opportunities if you're male Robin. Just like real life I guess... :(

However, male Morgan <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Female Morgan. So that's an extra thing for male Robin in FEA.

In Smash, though, I think I'll be mainly using female because she's a cutie. And she says "Time to tip the scales" whereas he says "Let's tip the scales" and that means a lot

TLDR: I'll probably use female Robin more but I like Male Robin a lot as well. I just wish I coulda switched the red and green palettes

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Female. Prettier hair, better sounding voice, better alt costumes, etc. :)

XKan

Smash Apprentice
I usually play Female Robin due to preference in character design and such. : )

D

Deleted member

Male Robin because that's the one I generalize Robin the most with.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Female Robin. I love white hair, twintails, overall design. Points for being voiced by Michelle Ruff (in Smash's case, it's Lauren Landa) and Miyuki Sawashiro, not to mention she's cute. :)

Generally, I have a stronger preference for female characters, so I may be a bit biased.

I do like Male Robin too, he's quite the handsome one, and I love his JP voice so freaking much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom