• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you main and why?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
The Ice climbers because they feel right not because of chain throws for any or anything that
J-Puff for her rollout and air moves
pichu for back air

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I picked up Mewtwo way before i even knew what a tier list was.
In fact, the games that i would play would be my friends spamming d-air with link/Young link
and killing me.
Then i learned how to dodge:)

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I picked up Mewtwo way before i even knew what a tier list was.
In fact, the games that i would play would be my friends spamming d-air with link/Young link
and killing me.
Then i learned how to dodge:)
Link is definately God Tier for n00bs.
Up-B and Dair spam FTW.

LSDX

Wah!
Marth: He's a sexy, delicious muffin who I shall eat! OM NOM NOM
Roy: Same as above, but not to the extent because swallowing TEH PHI3R is bad...
Falco: I has a highs jump :3

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon and Ganondorf because they're so **** fun.

I have a really gay Marth and people hate me for that, and I hate my Marth for that, but I save him for doubles.

LSDX

Wah!
Captain Falcon and Ganondorf because they're so **** fun.

I have a really gay Marth and people hate me for that, and I hate my Marth for that, but I save him for doubles.
*GASP* I will eat joo for that! Marusu-Kun is teh tasty and yummy in mah tummy!

Hibiki

Smash Apprentice
I main Falco and Marth.
But sometimes it changes up a bit like Capt. Falcon or Fox.
That sorta thing.
Why?
Falco is a pretty straightforward character, he can deal lots of damage quick.
I guess same sorta thing goes for Marth.
Basic sorta stuff.
Nothing too advanced, plus, both High Tier characters.

ThePandaMan

Smash Rookie
Ganondorf, Fox, DK. He sweats 'cool'. His voice, taunt, moves, style, etc. and yes, this sentence applies to all characters.

Always liked Zelda games, and the fact that i can play as the Evil King of Darkness is just awesome. Win or lose, i never not have fun playing Ganondorf.

Starfox on the SNES was just short of a religious experience for me. StarFox64 still ranks as the BEST space shooter i have EVER played. But the real reason i like fox is something so nerdy, you have to sit down and restrain your hands from facepalms. He reminds me of DBZ. Fox Air, his voice, the way he moves...i just think, "Wow, i am SO going super saiyan on your arse."

Donkey Kong has the rap. Also, having my arse repeatedly smote during the 64 days by a really good DK player made me love him. His taunt is cool, carrying opponents is awesome.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
Kirby.

He got his own show (with a final episode), video games, and toys. He is a pink blob of WIN. I used him since ol 64 days and haven't stopped using him since. Plus, I like to Kirbycide my opponents, it's hilarious when they actualy fall for it. (literally) Plus, black and white is awesome.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
I main Ike.
jk. lol( But I seriously do in Brawl)

I main Ganon & Samus. I just like how they play. I've used Samus ever since like 6th grade. I've mained Ganon since last year. I've been thru ups and downs with my mains. I mained Bowser (along with Samus) at one point (see "Gimpy effect"). I've 2nd'ed Falco since '06.

But if Ike was in Melee, it'd be a done deal =P (Ike with WDing and LCing would be soooo broken)

Leech

Smash Journeyman
I dont main.. unless im in a tourny then i play as who i think i was doing best with.. for fun, which i play most of the time for anyways.. i play as everyone.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
I love to be samus when it is a four player match against my friends. I sometimes just charge my gun up then randomly blast people from afar

TheSurginist

Smash Cadet
Obivusly Dr. Mario! He has the best moves, an awesome look, and a sweet taunt! I mean how col is throwing pills and penecillians on your opponents? In Brawl, though, I main Sonic 'cause he's super-speedy and agile and I kick butt as him in Wi-Fi.

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
To all you ******* who attempt to say that you "main Pichu" Stop lying. You are lying to yourself and all of us on the boards. and if you meant to type "Pikachu" then I apologize it was just a typing error on your behalf. Pikachu Is a real main. and if you do spend enough time on "Pichu that waste of data in Melee " for him to be your main then you truly are a ****** for not maining in one of the top 4. Pichu is not good and no one can be good with him.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
To all you ******* who attempt to say that you "main Pichu" Stop lying. You are lying to yourself and all of us on the boards. and if you meant to type "Pikachu" then I apologize it was just a typing error on your behalf. Pikachu Is a real main. and if you do spend enough time on "Pichu that waste of data in Melee " for him to be your main then you truly are a ****** for not maining in one of the top 4. Pichu is not good and no one can be good with him.
Really? why can't they be good with Pichu? that's like saying no one can be good with roy, which some people are.

Is a tier thing? or is it about the fact that the "clone" is just insuperior in everyway?
May i remind you that Dr. Mario a "clone" is considered better than Mario.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
marth b/c he was a faster swordsman than link and he as the new character

rabbt wtf with ur sig i lmao'd for 5 minutes looking at it

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Ganon because I used him the first time I played because I thought he was cool. I didn't even know who he was. :ohwell: After I actually got the game, he just stuck. Due to Ganon's large changes in Brawl, I went with Falcon, but that got boring after 6 months and I went back to Melee, Ganon being one of the many reasons.

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
The Immortal Sir NZ you can not even begin to compare Pichu to Roy. Roy is good. Lots of power and a decent amount of speed with a good player. Pichu is a pice of crap. Like I said a waste of data. No one mains pichu and no one can be good with pichu. Someone with much superior skill could play pichu and some scrub could play mmm... Anyone else? and Beat someone with a much higher skill level and it would be a terrible representation of skill. It's not an opinion it's a fact. Even if somone is "good" with pichu and someone else is "terrible" with fox, fox wins. Game over! End of discussion. All I'm saying is don't joke about having pichu as a main it will just Piss people off, I.E. me for example.

Cinder

Smash Master
Wow...just...wow...how closed minded can you get? You sir, are the ****** for not accepting the fact that people out there actually like a character you think is bad...I've seen my share of decent Pichu users...hell, I lost to a friend's Pichu once...and he doesn't even main the little guy...just because YOU think it's a bad character doesn't mean it is...granted, Pichu's bottom tier for a reason, but in the right hands, Pichu ain't half bad...I mean, look at Chu...his Pichu's pretty good from what I've seen...and T0mmy (granted, I haven't heard anything about 'im in forever)...there ARE decent Pichu users out there...and if you mean top 4 as in Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik, then I must be ******** too *is a Doc main*

The Immortal Sir NZ you can not even begin to compare Pichu to Roy. Roy is good. Lots of power and a decent amount of speed with a good player. Pichu is a pice of crap. Like I said a waste of data. No one mains pichu and no one can be good with pichu.
As stated above, Chu and T0mmy say hi...and Roy's low tier for a reason...

Someone with much superior skill could play pichu and some scrub could play mmm... Anyone else? and Beat someone with a much higher skill level and it would be a terrible representation of skill. It's not an opinion it's a fact. Even if somone is "good" with pichu and someone else is "terrible" with fox, fox wins.
My Fox couldn't beat Chu's Pichu...and my Fox is actually halfway decent...

Game over! End of discussion. All I'm saying is don't joke about having pichu as a main it will just Piss people off, I.E. me for example.
Oh, so because YOU don't like Pichu means anyone who claims to main it is lying or joking? Mmhmm...brilliant logic...why don't you just let people main who they want to main? Seriously, if you can't accept other people's opinions and feel the need to call them ******** just for liking a "bad" character, gtfo...you're nothing but a waste of bandwidth on this site and a disgrace to 08'ers...grow up, learn to accept other people's opinions, and THEN come back...

N64

Smash Champion
People can main whoever they **** well please. Yeah they're going to lose a lot if they main pichu, he is a terrible character, but if they enjoy him as a character then more power to them. Don't be an ***.

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
Please accept my apology.

My Fox couldn't beat Chu's Pichu...and my Fox is actually halfway decent....
ChuDat may play pichu but I thought he mained (IC's) I may be in correct but either way Chu is so sick that he probably just got bored of pwning people with better characters so to just prove a point he picked up a character that is perceived by some as the worst in the game.

But on another note, another more important note: I was pretty harsh before. After some thought I want to apologize to any pichu users. Earlier I randomly stumbled upon this thread I just happened to be having a bad day. I did rip into Pichu, and Pichu users. If you Enjoy playing pichu and pichu fits your game style or just for some reason makes you happy, then fine. Play all the p;ichu you want. You may not win or even place in tourney's but that's fine. I guess all my previous posts on this thread have not even pertained to the Topic what so ever. I feel bad because I was just ripping on Pichu and not responding to the topic.

So I main Pikachu, and Fox, I play some Sheik/Zelda (I use the transformation in my combos), and DK and Samus are just for fun.

Feel free to rip on me because I suppose I deserve it.

Lastly check out my thread in Melee discussion about boost grabbing.

Cinder

Smash Master
ChuDat may play pichu but I thought he mained (IC's) I may be in correct but either way Chu is so sick that he probably just got bored of pwning people with better characters so to just prove a point he picked up a character that is perceived by some as the worst in the game.
A lot of people pick up low-tier mains...but yeah, he mains the IC's...

But on another note, another more important note: I was pretty harsh before. After some thought I want to apologize to any pichu users. Earlier I randomly stumbled upon this thread I just happened to be having a bad day. I did rip into Pichu, and Pichu users. If you Enjoy playing pichu and pichu fits your game style or just for some reason makes you happy, then fine. Play all the p;ichu you want. You may not win or even place in tourney's but that's fine. I guess all my previous posts on this thread have not even pertained to the Topic what so ever. I feel bad because I was just ripping on Pichu and not responding to the topic.
I'm impressed...not a lot of people are willing to own up to stuff like this...*applause*

Feel free to rip on me because I suppose I deserve it.
Nah...at least you realize what you did...there're some people here *coughSmashbro99cough* who refuse to own up to it...

And for the record, my little rant wasn't anything personal...so no hard feelings on my end...

And on topic...oh wait...I already posted, didn't I? Urg <__<...hrm...oh yeah...I'm thinkin' of pickin' up Yoshi as a low tier main, just to torment the n00bs X3

Smash Master
Pichu is an incredibly underrated character. I use him instead of Pikachu. He has only one frame of lag on his recovery, a great aerial game which he can use with impunity due to his Falcon-like aerial mobility. His edgeguarding is good. His F-Smash kills at low percentages, punishes spotdodging, and ***** sheilds. If you get caught near Pichu when he uses it, you're going to be sent flying unless you have godly smash DI.

Roy is KO ********. Roy can't recover.

Top Bottom