• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can play an instrument?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Searched and found nothing.

Who here knows an instrument?

I know: guitar (taking lessons and getting quite better), recorder, and piano (horribly though)

How about you?

Cyaneon

Smash Rookie
I've been playing the clarinet for years, yet I'm still terrible at it.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
erm...

Clarinet for 3 years
Piano for 3 years (i'd love to continue learning as i'm fairly good at it, but finding a teacher is difficult up here)
Saxophone for a year
Guitar for 2 years
Flute for a year...

i think that's it?

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Pfft, no. Its like the ******* child of woodwinds.

I play alto-sax, by the way, but its a hobby.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm currently learning flute :D So far I'm almost completely self-taught. I can't read music, either. I was mostly taught how to put it together, where to put my fingers, and was given a headstart on how I should try to get a sound out of it. Aside from that, I've just been playing until I figure it out. Apparently I'm pretty good for being self-taught and only been learning for a month. So yeah, I feel pretty legit. XD

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Been playing flute for 10 years.

...and I get **** from the smash community for it cuz i have to miss events sometime but other than that

its a kickin *** instrument

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I consider my guitar and drums to be moreso like a hobby as well.
Vocals fit under both instrumental-wise and hobby-wise.

Piano is definitely something I picked up instrumentaly but I enjoy playing it.

-Terywj

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
Drums for 10 years
Piano for 5 :]
I've played acoustic guitar but I could use work...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I can play guitar pretty well, and I am mastering the didgeridoo now that I learned how to circular breathe. My didge isn't a great one, but it's helping me for practice a lot.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I learned about 3 weeks ago. The trick I used was starting with a straw and a glass of water. Once I realized there is nothing biologically impossible to it, I just started practicing. Switching to the Didge has been a bit of work, I used to be able to do a solid 2-minutes of circular breathing (in repetitions of 5 sets), but on the didge, I am lucky to get 5 consecutive cycles of breathing.

In short: Try it. You can probably do it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I learned about 3 weeks ago. The trick I used was starting with a straw and a glass of water. Once I realized there is nothing biologically impossible to it, I just started practicing. Switching to the Didge has been a bit of work, I used to be able to do a solid 2-minutes of circular breathing (in repetitions of 5 sets), but on the didge, I am lucky to get 5 consecutive cycles of breathing.

In short: Try it. You can probably do it.
What the hell is a didgeridoo?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I used to know how to play the recorder in Primary School >_<

I think I can play the triangle.

BSP

Smash Legend
I've been playing trombone since the sixth grade...

I wouldn't switch to it in a school band unless you like getting background parts and holding long (and high) notes 90% of the time :/

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hah the didgeridoo looks like such a silly instrument. No offense though
The instrument, as the wiki states, is the oldest wind instrument. Also, if you practice circular breathing with it, you can solve all problems of snoring and sleep apnea, both of which I suffer from. So, it's been a great instrument to play.

Neutral

Smash Rookie
I play general percussion and I've played the violin for 4 years... I don't think I've read about anyone playing strings on this thread yet, besides guitar... :)

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I picked up the guitar about 2 months ago. Mostly teaching myself and using books and youtube and asking friends and people for help. I'm learning music theory at the same time too. It's been very rewarding so far!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I play piano. I don't do lessons anymore, but still find random pieces and learn them when I feel like it. Reached grade 7 before I stopped lessons, but I have no idea what level I am now... I just play for fun these days. Currently learning raindrops by Chopin :)

I also tried out the guitar a couple of years ago. My housemate had it with some intro books and a grade 1 book. I got to the end of the book and was decent enough at sightreading (playing the piano for so many years made this easy I guess) but stopped after a couple of months. I guess I just wanted to try out how hard the guitar was than to actually play it . I've kinda forgotten how to play anything on a guitar now.

I always wanted to play the cello. Maybe when I'm older and have no job...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I remember I was gonna play flute years ago. My uncle was gonna give it to me, but someone came to his house and took stuff out of it.... the flute was stolen... I was heartbroken, but I was touched he would actually give it to me

Geist

Smash Master
I made a bit of a hobby of guitar, and for some reason I can play piano well.
And I would like to say drums, only I would be lying.

Top Bottom