• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your ex main's in Brawl?

Ange

Smash Lord
Pikachu: I used him a VERY LITTLE TIME. I mained him in Melee, so I thought I would do the same in Brawl. Something didnt feel right so I sadly dropped him.

Lucario: (REAL first main) Started with him cause he got a nice playstyle. I later realised I really sucked with him and couldnt really handle his playstyle (by that time).

Toon Link, Wolf, Ness & Fox was 4 other I tried to main. I eventually slowly lost interest of it, so I dropped the idea.

Short: Pikachu, Lucario, TL, Wolf, Ness & Fox.

The time I "mained" TL, Wolf, Ness and Fox respectivly was rather short however, so all in all it happened rather quickly.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I always shuffle some of my characters around, because i play a fair number of them.

Zelda: I might be dropping soon... I was good with her at the start, but now that the game isn't new, too many people can get around her tactics
Marth: I picked this guy up because when I first got the game I demolished some computers with him. But once I played some good people I realized he doesn't fit my playstyle
Wolf: I kept self destructing with Wolf... I just can't stand how bad his recovery is anymore

demondude

Smash Apprentice
I used to have this thing with Zelda. I slept with her a few times, and it was all cool. We broke up eventually though. I just couldn't live with somebody who cross-dresses every Friday night; it was quite unbearable to sleep with somebody like that.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Lucas. At first, I saw him as a Ness that didn't blow. I would only use Ness so people could fight my "easier Lucas', as I would say. Then I started doing more CPU fights with both and I kept laughing at Ness.

Then one day, I checked Brawl records, and I had been using Ness way more than I had been using Lucas, so I just dropped Lucas.

I don't play Ness that much anymore, anyway.

I started with MK, and he was fun and all, but was so boring.
wat

Ike: Loved the powerful attacks, but he'stoo slow (first main)

Falco: I LOVED Falco in Melee, but the new Falco just isn't the same. I hated chain-throwing. I'ts stupid cheap.

Wolf: Great speed and land game, but his areal game felt too weak.

MetaKnight: fast and I could play offensively very well, until I realized how stupidly broken he is.

Snake: Another very solid character (lol pun), but he's too much of a campy character.

Now I main Marth and Lucario.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I have yet to drop a character in any smash game other then sonic.

Maybe it was because most of the other characters I choose worked really well for me.

Sonic didn't.

-:bowser:Bowser King

linkmaster71

Smash Rookie
I wanted to play Pokémon Trainer because I always wanted Charizard in.

I stopped when I realized that I can't be just Charizard, and that I suck with Squirtle.

I also used to play Fox, but dropped him for Wolf.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Do I have any ex-mains? Uhh...

When the game's roster was 1st leaked, I had decided on Pit, Wolf, & Lucario. I would also main Mario, because I've played him in every SSB game, Kirby, because he's one of my favorite Nintendo characters, but only on the basis that he didn't suck in Brawl, and Fox because he was my primary main in Melee.

I did drop Lucario for a month after the game came out when I deemed Lucario's playstyle too different for my tastes, and my friend took it in has his main. When even he dropped Lucario, I added it back as at least a Casual Main. It didn't sit well with me that my absolute favorite Pokémon for the rest of Pokémon's existence was merely a Casual Main, so I became determined to learn how to use Lucario. I obsessed over its inclusion in Brawl, and busted a nut when it was confirmed, so I had to master it. And now, its one of my Elite Three.

I don't play Mario. Every time I played a Nintendo 4-player party game of some sorts, where Mario's cast where the characters, such as Mario Kart and Mario Party, and the Mario Sports series, I always picked Mario. And I've been doing this since Super Mario Kart. And its gotten old. Now, while I still like Mario, I can't stand picking him by default. I ex-mained Mario.

M@v

Subarashii!
Samus, my melee main. Then I realized shes horrible....R.I.P Samus, hopefully next smash game :(

Ps I still use her with ganon in low tiers.

XACE-K

Smash Master
MetaKnight

I dropped him once the "MetaKnight is cheap" talk started coming up. I didn't want to deal with n00bs so I dropped him.

Besides, I was better with Ike anyways.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Wolf has pretty much always been my main, but I've been through like a billion secondaries.

Dedede: I can't stand him as a character, and started to get really boring.
Fox: Couldn't really get a good flow going.
Jigglypuff: I try to play her like Melee puff, and it just doesn't work out. :(
Ness: Just kind of stopped playing him, dunno why.
Snake: Got super boring.
G&W: Couldn't really ever figure him out, I just knew the turtle and key were fun to spam.
Marth: The only one I've been considering picking up again, but yeah, just got sick of him after a while.
Falcon: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Browny

Smash Hater
Ike: Not being able to land a KO attack, despite being able to KO at low % got really annoying, fast.

Wolf: Dont like his complete lack of combo ability and inability to chase opponents off stage.

Toon Link: Just way too floaty for my liking, approaches take too long and you end up projectile spamming :/

Pikachu: Still really good, i just dont like him as much as my other mains

I've stuck with Lucario and sonic since the start though, since theyre both blue, and awesome. Picked up Snake a while ago, c4 tricks, nairs and dthrow chasing is too fun :)

N-Bizzoy

Smash Rookie
Ike's the only one I left out of all my mains and back ups tbh. I used to be good with him, but now I suck with him online, I can beat computers with him good though.

Even though I only play level 3 computers, and I do level 9's sometimes/rarely.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I started with Zelda/Sheik because she was my melee secondary
unlocked lucario because he was always my favorite but I got bored with him after about 3.5 weeks, how? I'm not really sure
switched to Wolf because he looked awesome (u-taunt) but I realized I suck with him
i eventually remembered OMG Lucario is here and have stuck with him ever since

Nic64

Smash Lord
before the game was released I was most anticipating ZSS, Snake, and Meta Knight, I dropped ZSS pretty quickly because of the awkward playstyle that was ultimately not nearly as versatile as my other characters. lucario is another former main of mine, used to be my best character but I just kind of got bored with him in the past few months.

noobpota2

Smash Apprentice
Bowser- His moves just didn't satisfy my needs, i felt that most of them (bar f-smash and uair) just didn't feel powerful enough
dedede- well at first just because he looks cool and is fun, but then i unlocked ganon and he became my main

People may think its weird that i dropped dedede for ganon but personally i think he has alot of good points

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
Marth: I realized that to do well with him, you'd have to be an exceptionally good Smasher, and I for one am not amazing. I'm pretty good, but I'm not worthy enough to play Marth.

Maybe someday I'll pick him back up.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Sonic: Lacks EVERYTHING I need to compete with. I couldn't even kill with him in friendlies at tournaments >_>
(inb4 Sonic sage bombs)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hmm... Pika has always been my main and always will be.

But I've left a lot of secondaries behind. Tried DDD, but compared to Pika, he felt waaaay too slow and bulky for me. G&W got boring after a while. ROB felt super-awkward.

Now I'm trying Lucario & Zelda, so we'll see how they go.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
My previous main was Falco, his bread was not fresh, so I dropped him...

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I played Kirby. Then I switched to G&W.

Now I play Kirby and second G&W. :p I have this whole big lineup of characters because I only play characters I have fun with, and I don't play them that badly.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Toadstool/Peach is horrible in Brawl for me. In Melee she was my main and I could be dominant with her. Now I can't do anything.

Reasoning:

Her float doesn't last very long, Very slow, Can't survive, Can't KO all that well, Beats don't throw all that far, lack of double jump, Down Smash so much weaker, Up Air is harder to connect.

There are some buffs to her such as a better, stronger Peach Bomber and she's quicker to getting out Toad for counters but these few positives are so drowned out by her nerfs. After playing a style of Peach I was used to for 6-7 years I don't feel comfortable with the new style she's been given at all. So much weaker.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Toadstool/Peach is horrible in Brawl for me. In Melee she was my main and I could be dominant with her. Now I can't do anything.

Reasoning:

Her float doesn't last very long, Very slow, Can't survive, Can't KO all that well, Beats don't throw all that far, lack of double jump, Down Smash so much weaker, Up Air is harder to connect.

There are some buffs to her such as a better, stronger Peach Bomber and she's quicker to getting out Toad for counters but these few positives are so drowned out by her nerfs. After playing a style of Peach I was used to for 6-7 years I don't feel comfortable with the new style she's been given at all. So much weaker.
Her up tilt's pretty good... I thought...

But yeah, my friend had the same problem. He tried to play Peach for Brawl, and he failed. She just isn't what she used to be. It took him forever to find a new main. He went from Peach to Luigi back to Peach to Pit, and is currently spamming arrows like there is no tomorrow.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
Peach: I never used her that much, but when I try to, then it's fail. I never liked her at all and her floaty dress is stupid. Her floating is akward, her aerials suck, her double jump isn't even a jump, and her normal turnips are so bad that Stitch Faces, beam swords, and bob-ombs don't make up for it. Have I mentioned that her floaty dress is stupid? Peach can't throw her wacko smiley turnips while floating and she likes flashing her underwear. When I used her, I almost lost a match against somebody that I usually 3-stock. Her only redeeming quality is that she was a tank in Super Paper Mario. Peach is also the one that always gets kidnapped by Bowser. Why doesn't Mario marry Bowser already? Bowser would make a much better husband for Mario than Peach as a wife for Mario would would. Bowser is jealous of Peach getting all of Mario's attention, so that's he kidnaps Peach. Bowser has no romantic thoughts of Peach like most people believe.
someone doesn't seem to like peach

but my former brawl mains are in order: yoshi, lucario, toon link, lucario.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Lol. I mained Diddy forever...and then realized that I didn't want to learn all his crazy nonsense.

Top Bottom