• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are we gonna play next?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Honestly, I don't know who I wanna play next, there really isn't a character I gravitate towards in this game other than MK. So I think we should band together and come up with some good characters to try and and main.

Part of me really wants to quit but part of me really wants to get good with another character to prove to myself I can use other characters.

Discuss away.

PS. I will destroy trolls and smart ***es

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I have always seconded Marth and Zero Suit Samus. Ban pretty much forced me to master them. I also tried Snake, and have some interesting results, but rarely ever win something important with him. And somehow playing Dedede and Ike resulted in me winning with them, so I sticked with them.

In the end, is all about what you like
If you want aerial playstile, use Wario or Mr Game and Watch.
If you want to outrange opponents, Marth or GnW.
If you want safetly, Wario, ROB or something like that.

Alternatively, play Balanced Brawl.
Seriously ppl, don't underrate it.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Ice Climbers/Snake for Singles and Lucario/Wario for Doubles.

However, I'm still practicing Meta Knight like usual because Chile, Japan and Europe (To my knowledge, most of it if not all of Europe, if not, feel free to correct me) have it legal for 2012.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I'll continue to play MK. I just won't go to tournies unless hes legal.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I always had a pocket snake and marth so I just use them on the occasion when I play. I stopped going to tournaments anyway, too much of a time and money sink and I've been against unity from the start, the conspiracy was around when I stopped going frequently and it's just been less and less since then

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I don't know. But sometimes when I'm in a good mood and im super happy, I will randomly remember the ban, and get really pissed off. Lol

So far um maybe Peach, Tink, Snake and well I don't know... Ughhhh

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Michigan is going to be 50/50 on the ban. For MK banned events, I'll be using Ice Climbers and Olimar.

I will be a bat boy forever though <3

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Ice Climbers/Snake for Singles and Lucario/Wario for Doubles.

However, I'm still practicing Meta Knight like usual because Chile, Japan and Europe (To my knowledge, most of it if not all of Europe, if not, feel free to correct me) have it legal for 2012.
That's like 4 characters ma du.

Ice Climbers OR snake is viable as a solo main. But if you want to main both to make life easier that's cool. I don't really think you need lucario for dubz though, Wario does like everything on every stage.

*gasp*
O :(
Well at least I got to meet you p4!

the **** i didnt get to XD

Kel

Smash Master
Snake and Ice climbers is a great combo. Snake is the main and ICs are the back up. All of Snake's bad matchups are countered by ICS: Olimar, Dedede, Falco, Pikachu, *possibly* Marth, etc.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
ICs don't counter marth o.0

And snake marth is pretty close.

All the greatest IC are now thinking oli, ic is even(ish).

But that's ok cuz american olimars are still pretty free in that mu.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Snake and Ice climbers is a great combo. Snake is the main and ICs are the back up. All of Snake's bad matchups are countered by ICS: Olimar, Dedede, Falco, Pikachu, *possibly* Marth, etc.
Good luck pocketing ice climbers for a character that has no hard counter anyway. In the amount of effort you spend keeping your ice climbers actually fresh and consistent enough to beat a TOP olimar/Falco player (RB/Dehf) if you just worked on your main you could improve enough to overcome the MU and just be a better player.

If you main a character like Fox or something I can understand why you need a secondary, but for characters that have no bad MUs I don't really think it's necessary most of the time and people waste the time they could use to get better. Especially considering how constant ICs need practice. It's not like wario where you can just pick him up 6 months later and you're still good to go XD

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Falco and Olimar are winnable for Snake, but D3 is a ***** and Pika I think beats Snake better than any character

etecoon

Smash Hero
I used to combo MK/Snake and Olimar is really the main reason I would never solo Snake, **** that character SO MUCH

Jet300

Smash Ace
If i actually mained MK (Who i will never main). I will play as Marth or Diddy.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
That's like 4 characters ma du.

Ice Climbers OR snake is viable as a solo main. But if you want to main both to make life easier that's cool. I don't really think you need lucario for dubz though, Wario does like everything on every stage.

the **** i didnt get to XD
I don't think that Snake at a professional level can beat Olimar or Ice Climbers. That's why I would use him for SOME MU's. Which is why I liked the idea of using both characters. I just... like the idea of using two characters to evade MU problems/disadvantages. However, to be honest.... I think I'm gonna main Full Ice Climbers for Offline Singles tournaments and Snake for Wifi tournaments (And only Wifi tournaments that have good prizes, like tournament seeding points or even money, ha). But mostly... Just :popo: .

I don't like Wario, that's the thing. I just can't feel comfortable while using him, maybe because of how... he looks (The character itself). Or the way you have to play him. To me, it just feels like a character who jumps around and seeks for an opportunity. He doesn't feel like a character who uses a "focused" style, which is one of things I love about Meta Knight.

Wario/Lucario for Doubles (Still thinking). But I'm leaning more towards Lucario, because I like using him, and I'm already decent with him. But Wario is by far the best option. Maybe after using him/practicing more in Doubles I can change my opinion.

But we'll see.

Ice Climbers are confirmed at the moment. I used to main them in tournaments in the 2008-2009 era, so I know a little bit (Maybe I forgot, haha!) of how to use them in a tournament enviroment.

By the way, how have you been since Apex? You're a REALLY cool and fun person. I enjoyed the time I spent with you at Apex (Even though it wasn't that much... :( ). I really want to meet you again!

Oh well... Until the next big tournament!! :ness:

Most of you used MK cause he's the best.

I say, use Ganon, cause he's the worst.

Or use puff, puffs tons of fun.

I actually started to use Meta Knight because he felt like a Melee Character to me. He felt fast, cool and in control. At one point, he didn't seemed like a Brawl character at all. He seemed to be outside of the "Brawl Box". I didn't liked Brawl when it came out, because I was still in that "Melee Mindset". So, the feel of using something that felt like "Melee" felt good. Really good to be honest. This is why I main him.

And THEN I discovered that he was an S Tier character (I was sure he was a very good character, but not... that "good" back in the '08 days. I was still a noob back in the day, ha).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I actually learned to play Brawl overall with Balanced Brawl, and picked MK because he was fast.
Then everybody *****ed about mods.
Then everybody *****ed about MK AND the alternative of modding the game.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Back in 2009 when my friend always said to me:
''If you choose metaknight i ain't playing''.

A good choice to someone who mained metaknight is maining marth or ZSS

idk why, just do it

allens

Smash Rookie
MK MAINS, MAIN DONKEY KONG

hes the best

and if you want to prove you can play this game, who better than someone with no projectiles (just like MK)
and a pseudo-Nado!

thats right up-b shenanigans can give super armor or invincibility!

sacrifice speed and priority, for power, range and staying power!

Top Bottom