• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are viable Kirby teammates?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've heard people saying dual Kirby was a good team (though I haven't watched the matches yet), but who else works well with Kirby, and what are some strategies you emply with said partners?

(I'm currently looking at a Kirby + ROB team myself, and trying to see if we could alternate ledge hopped lasers, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet since my ROB playing friend is across the state ATM.)

(I'm also wondering if starshot into a Ike Fsmash could work well or not.)

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Aside from the obvious top tiers, Kirby and Pika is very good. Their grabs synch pretty well, because a lot of your moves pop them up so that Pika can thunder, and Pika's throws keep them relatively low for your up-smash and aerials. Both characters have good kill moves and are very good at getting grabs, have legs up on many of the top tiers in teams (for instance, if you hold the edge against Meta, Pika can just thunder him out of his up-B). Kirby with jolt powers is hella annoying, too.

I've had a lot of success with this team and have beaten some local bigwigs pretty handily.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Sounds solid...ROB and Kirby sound good

imo Kirby can work with any character...

But the best one to me would have to be MK or Snake(his broken enemy...lol)

I explain why I think so if you wish for me too...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Falco, ROB, Pit and Samus sound fun if you copy their powers.

I teamed with a ROB in my first tourney (Team Beep) and we did pretty well, considering I sucked back then and had no experience with doubles.

Pikachu sounds good too.

The first four I mentioned seem to pair with Kirby really well: they have range and/or projectiles, and can rack up damage, but sometimes can have trouble killing, which Kirby should be able to make up for.

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
Snake is probably good. He can stick a C4 on kirby and then kirby can Uthrow while Snake detonates. The so called "Omnigay" in a new version.

Unfortuneatly MK and Snake can do this too...

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
luigi is a pretty beast partner
they both have awesome combos and killing isnt a problem

me and my bro do pretty well with this team

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
The great thing about Kirby is his versatility. He can fit in good with just about any partner.

My brother and I use a Kirby+Falcon combo, just because its our two mains. I like to spit people into his Falcon Punches.

Someone mentioned Pika and Kirby, which is a great pair for the reasons he mention.

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
me and a friend of mine use kirby with lucario, but i personally think its not as good as it could be, mainly becuase we don't do the spit-attack thing very well. in essence, our sync is ****

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I have won doubles tournaments of at least 15 teams with each of the following teammates:

1. Link (Ace17)
2. Fox (Desert Fox)
3. Lucario (jcvasq aka GENO-CIDE)
4. Toon Link (MELITO)
5. Meta Knight (Noob-Torch aka Fuel)

Analyze as you will.

EDIT: ONLINE.

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
link? nah. to slow... tlink would work...as would MK and fox, but i'd go with falco(lazer lock after kirby spams his d-tilt til the opponent trips sounds pretty broken) and lucario would work to(lucario is my second main, i rack up damage like crazy(50% in like 5 seconds!) but then the opponent goes to far, and you're kinda stuck till they reach 130%. so kirby give him the kill power he needs.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's like the Butter. The rest of the Cast is the Bread, get what I'm saying?

He could be used as an accent to the other player. He doesn't have a very good projectile (with good reach); he can copy his partners B move; he has a fair list of Killing options; and he can combo heavy weights into 40 or so quickly (. In other words, quick in a way that their partner cant save them.

On the down side, if he copies an ability like Robs or Falcos, the B move could hit his team. And it wouldn't be wise to make Kirby the main Killing force on the team, since his Killing moves kill when they are, well, fresh.

Oh, and, Team Grab into Hammer is Too Good. :laugh:

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
snake is my fav cuz of the omni gay, my partner Beaker and I did it at Chudats christmas biweekly a couple of stocks. Also a DDD partner or Falco partner is great to have. anyone who can build damage really quickly.

This is gonzo btw 0_-

Vermy

Smash Champion
Falco works well. Kirby can duck the lazors. Falcos Utilt sets up for great follow ups on Kirbys part. And if any of them knock an opponent off stage, falco can finish off with a spike or kirby can do what he does best.

Olimar works well too. Clocks up the damage quick and then send kirby in for the kill.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I'd say samus, snake, or maybe even link (samus mostly) because the one major thing kirby lacks is a decent projectile and these 3 pocess those, just looks good IMO

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
if its for the projectile, i'd choose a lucario that can survive well past the 200% mark, a falco(lazorz) or...toon link. bomb spam ftw. and don't go all 'wat about link'? no... TO **** SLOW!!!

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
I can see Pikachu working well, having one character set their opponents up into the other's attacks. Snake is okay, mostly 'cause of the Omnigay. MK is actually really good. He can rack up damage faster than, well, everyone, but he has some trouble killing, which is where Kirby comes in. Wario is also really good. Him and Kirby are both dominant in the air, and both have several killing moves (not completely sure about that with Wario, don't quote me on it :rolleyes:). Wario's ability is amazing at stopping attacks, and does damage at the same time.

Does Starshot -> Waft work?

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
I would say anyone that can set up attacks with Kirby, like Pikachu, or anyone with another good aerial game, like Pit/Wario/Yoshi, would be a good teammate for Kirby. Those kinds of characters go in synch with Kirby.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
I prefer D3 because of his ability to get people off the stage quickly where kirby can take over. Starshots can be followed up by both sides and D3s weight makes him a good projectile. Not to mention double inhale spam is just so much fun. :D Note: wrote that all on my psp.

Percon

Smash Lord
When I play doubles, I'm usually Snake but sometimes certain situations force me to go Kirby.

Let me tell you, I really really like Kirby + Meta. I'm tired though, more tomorrow.

lockdown018

Smash Rookie
So Kirby can now copy the Omnigay as well?
Im not entirely sure... ive tried it out with my doubles partner who actually mains snake, but it seems like it kills me more than the person im throwing. Does anyone get this 100 % of the time, and if you do, does the c4 have to be on kirby, or his opponent. A vid demonstrating it being done a few times would be cool too...

PS: yay first post!! ive been maining kirby for a while now and hope i can contribute to the boards!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
welcome lockdown

I think it might be controller port dependant. I don't know/care enough about lame strategies like that to find out though XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just want to say that after trying it yesterday, team Beep Beep (Rob & Kirby) works very well. Alternated ldge hopped lasers force the opponent to approach you near the edge, which is good for both of these characters. Also, since the opponents will usually team up on one player in this scenario, they won't pay as much attention to the other, and I saw yesterday I was interrupting half of the attacks aimed at my teammate with that laser, which led to them getting ROB Naired in the face a lot.

It seems like a solid team, though I'll admit our opponents weren't nearly as good as we were.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
One was, the other wasnt but I feel that with a little practice it would fair well against better players. We should also try wario or mk as well and see how they fare.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe... the whorenado juggling was funny, but I don't think that would really work against good opponents. Maybe MK would deal the damage and Kirby kill them? *shrugs*

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
thats how Forte and Chu usually do it,

although i prefer being with snake, no homo. Grenades or grenade copy is a great damage builder. not to mention both Snake and Kirby can build damage and finish well, plus Kirby's strong air game and Snakes strong ground game makes this a great team. Not to mention C4 tricks such as. The omni gay, i've killed two people like that at Chu's christmas biweekly, its was funny, also kirby can inhale with C4 on him and then spit out. The C4 will transfer and then u hear NOW lol and BYYAAAAA from Kirby as ur opponent gets C4'd to oblivion. ALSO u can spit out someone u sucked up under the stage with the C4 transfer and C4 spike them against the stage. Not as useful but defintely doable in tourney.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say that Falcon, Snake, or Lucario are the best teammates.
Their abilities are useful IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM.
Seriously, I had to work so long to perfect my timing with Lucario's ability and Falcon Punch.
Grenades are something that you should kind of get a hang of by yourself.

Oh, and they are sooooo fun to mess with.
Could I get some of the pros to check this out and back me up?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Kirby can do everything snake can with a grenade except better, minus mortar slide with a grenade. Most importantly he can grab out of grenade. Pull grenade, dash, shield + grab he goes quite far, you can also reverse grab

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I would have to say that Falcon, Snake, or Lucario are the best teammates.
Their abilities are useful IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE THEM.
Seriously, I had to work so long to perfect my timing with Lucario's ability and Falcon Punch.
Grenades are something that you should kind of get a hang of by yourself.

Oh, and they are sooooo fun to mess with.
Could I get some of the pros to check this out and back me up?
Hmmm... I might actually end up teaming with a Lucario on the 31st, so what general strategies could you suggest for this?

G&W. Do i need to explain?
Yeah, I think you do, because I'm not seeing anything particularly **** about that matchup. I actually see myself getting accidentally arsoned/turtled more than anything.

Top Bottom