• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most successful Bowser players?

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'll be happy to bowser ditto anyone. I went strictly bowser for the first three months of brawl, wrecked people in friendlies and did decent in big tourneys. I've thrown bowser in the backline though, I mean I was faced with 2 options: being great with bowser and doing decent at tourneys, or being great with MK and DDD and winning money, which I've been doing. There is one difference, I'm winning money xD

But yeah like I said, I'll money match anyone in a bowser ditto. Anyone going to Crit hit 4? o_O

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
But you say this DJ person uses a fast Bowser? I'm actually happy to hear that. I thought I was the only one who played a fast Bowser as opposed to a slower, defensive kind. I'll be interested to see more from him.
Hes the best lol how haven't you heard of DJ Nintendo. Hes got the best bowser ez.

I have the best bowser in FL btw.

Sliq

Smash Master
The best bowser is DJ Nintendo.
DJ Nintendo plays brawl? I didn't think he did.

Really? Sliq is good? I watched that match and it looked pretty...well, not great.
Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Is there another match of his that I can see?
Yeah, if you follow the link I posted in this thread already, it takes you to my youtube where I keep the videos of myself.

Or you could just go to youtube, type in "Sliq," and then set the filter to date added.

learn2internet

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm definitely the best Bowser for Melee, get at me lol. As for being the best Bowser for Brawl, I unfortunately have to join more tournaments to prove otherwise. I barely play Brawl at all. The only time I ever play is when my crew members come to my house, which is like once in a million years because we just play Melee instead. When we play Brawl, its always doubles anyway. I'm mad good at Brawl, especially with Bowser, just for the simple fact that I have beast a$$ mindgames. I don't know sh*t about Brawl lol. Anyway, I hate Brawl singles. It's too d*mn boring. Melee all dai!!!!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hes the best bowser in both despite only playing in 1 tournament, no johns if you think otherwise quit life. Have a nice day.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I'm definitely the best Bowser for Melee, get at me lol. As for being the best Bowser for Brawl, I unfortunately have to join more tournaments to prove otherwise. I barely play Brawl at all. The only time I ever play is when my crew members come to my house, which is like once in a million years because we just play Melee instead. When we play Brawl, its always doubles anyway. I'm mad good at Brawl, especially with Bowser, just for the simple fact that I have beast a$$ mindgames. I don't know sh*t about Brawl lol. Anyway, I hate Brawl singles. It's too d*mn boring. Melee all dai!!!!
They're boring because people can't learn to do anything but sit back and camp all day when they can just run in and do a fun fight. I still don't understand why the change to Brawl turned everyone into a defensive player. I guess I'm glad that I play aggressively most of the time so a Brawl match isn't just "Who's going to land a hit in the next 2 minutes in the middle of all this camping?"

degypr

Smash Cadet
Still, I don't know who out there is better than me, so I won't say I'm the best Bowser player in the world, because there's probably going to be some 10 year old kid out in Northern Sweden who has an insane Bowser. Until then, I'm pretty confident in being one of the best.
Well I'm 17 and live in southern Sweden but it was pretty close. :p

Sliq

Smash Master
They're boring because people can't learn to do anything but sit back and camp all day when they can just run in and do a fun fight. I still don't understand why the change to Brawl turned everyone into a defensive player. I guess I'm glad that I play aggressively most of the time so a Brawl match isn't just "Who's going to land a hit in the next 2 minutes in the middle of all this camping?"
Have you played and subsequently placed in any tournaments? If not, I'm going to lay into you. Just a friendly warning.

And I'm talking legit tournaments, not like you and 5 of your friends in your room.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Have you played and subsequently placed in any tournaments? If not, I'm going to lay into you. Just a friendly warning.

And I'm talking legit tournaments, not like you and 5 of your friends in your room.
I don't see why you'd be looking for a reason to "lay into someone."

And yes. I've gone to tournaments and do quite well for myself. I'm well aware about people changing their play style between friendlies and a tournament, so I know full well why people play a more defensive, campy style. You paid money to get in and there's a prize on the line, so why risk being aggressive when you can play it safe? Still doesn't mean I enjoy it, though, which was my original point in my previous post.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to play harder when I treat tournament matches like friendlies and go all aggressive. If the match moves too slowly, I end up getting bored and find myself making mistakes.

Anyway, that is just how I am. If it's such a big problem, then whatever. I like to play Brawl, I like to use Bowser, and I like having fun, no matter if it's a friendly match, a tournament match, a money match, or an online match. Even when I do well in tournaments, unless it was fun the whole way through, I feel like I wasted my time.

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't see why you'd be looking for a reason to "lay into someone."

And yes. I've gone to tournaments and do quite well for myself. I'm well aware about people changing their play style between friendlies and a tournament, so I know full well why people play a more defensive, campy style. You paid money to get in and there's a prize on the line, so why risk being aggressive when you can play it safe? Still doesn't mean I enjoy it, though, which was my original point in my previous post.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to play harder when I treat tournament matches like friendlies and go all aggressive. If the match moves too slowly, I end up getting bored and find myself making mistakes.

Anyway, that is just how I am. If it's such a big problem, then whatever. I like to play Brawl, I like to use Bowser, and I like having fun, no matter if it's a friendly match, a tournament match, a money match, or an online match. Even when I do well in tournaments, unless it was fun the whole way through, I feel like I wasted my time.
Out of curiosity, do you have links to the tournament results that you went to, so I can see your placement for myself?

And also, everyone thinks they are the **** when they can beat all of their scrub friends all of the time. Then they get their *** handed to them by someone who knows what they are doing.

I wasn't sure if you were one of these people, as they are in endless supply and VERY annoying.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, do you have links to the tournament results that you went to, so I can see your placement for myself?

And also, everyone thinks they are the **** when they can beat all of their scrub friends all of the time. Then they get their *** handed to them by someone who knows what they are doing.

I wasn't sure if you were one of these people, as they are in endless supply and VERY annoying.
Sliq has a point. You have to know that when your against your friends and winning every game against them doesn't mean much. Until you actually play someone who knows what their doing against certain match ups such as Bowser.

It seems like your making excuses to say that you get bored when people start camping Kagato. If your so good you should be able to get around campers and noobs instead of making excuses saying "They're boring to play so I quit trying"

To be honest I don't think you know much about Bowser's match up and what to do against them. Reading a post above when you stated that Mario is more of a counter to Bowser then Luigi and the fact that you think Zelda is one of Bowser's easiest match ups.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Sliq has a point. You have to know that when your against your friends and winning every game against them doesn't mean much. Until you actually play someone who knows what their doing against certain match ups such as Bowser.

It seems like your making excuses to say that you get bored when people start camping Kagato. If your so good you should be able to get around campers and noobs instead of making excuses saying "They're boring to play so I quit trying"

To be honest I don't think you know much about Bowser's match up and what to do against them. Reading a post above when you stated that Mario is more of a counter to Bowser then Luigi and the fact that you think Zelda is one of Bowser's easiest match ups.
Whoa, Dias. You must be living back in the olden days if you believe I still say Zelda is easy. I know some of the combos that Zelda is capable of doing, but I'm still not ready to say she's difficult either. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't met a Zelda player that has been a real problem.

And just because I hate camping doesn't mean I don't know how to get around it. You misunderstood what I said. I don't get bored and stop trying because of campers. I get bored when I don't play aggressively, which is why I always do so unless I have no other choice but to be defensive. It's the style that I play and that I enjoy the most.

As far as Mario and Luigi go, I don't know what Luigi does to Bowser that makes him more of a counterpick to Bowser. Maybe I'm missing something, but playing Luigis have never been a problem for me anywhere, where as Mario players are more of an issue. So if Luigi is more of a counterpick, I have yet to see why in any tournament.

So maybe the matchups are correct. Even if they are, I haven't seen or experienced them yet, so can you blame me for raising an eyebrow on this matter? I suppose there are just no good Luigis in tournaments around here and all the Marios are spot on. I can think of a lot of different things, but unless I experience it for myself in a tournament, I'll never know the reason first hand.

Come on, Dias. You know me better than anyone else here. I'm really not one to just come up with weird ideas for the sake of discussion. There's always been a reason why I feel the way I do on matters relating to Bowser. Hell you came to me for advise before. Don't treat me like I'm some Bowser newbie :/

Edit: I just realized...I could have sworn I replied to Sliq's recent post already. What happened to it? Must have been an error on my part. Well to sum up what I said before, no. I'm not one of those guys who thinks he's good simply because I play and win against my friends. As I said, friendlies and tournament matches makes a new atmosphere. However, I only end up fighting certain kinds of characters here as friendlies and find myself facing completely different kinds of opponents in tournaments. It's because I feel that I can adapt to how they play quickly and get around different tactics with someone like Bowser that I feel I do very well as a Bowser main. I could go on and on about why I feel like I'm one of the better Bowser players around, but I'd rather show proof. So, next tournament I go to, I'll be more than happy to give you that proof, Sliq.

P.S. Sliq, I saw some other videos and I wanted to apologize for my comment before. You play Bowser differently than I do, so I wrongfully passed judgement a bit too soon. You're not a bad Bowser. Certainly better than a lot of others who claim to be awesome at least.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
DJ Nintendo said my Bowser was also good meaning my Bowser ***** face ^_^.

I laugh at these threads because theres only like three or four good people posting

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
RANDOM!

Who in here hate Falco? Chaingrab to spike = lame. amirite?

haha well I know this isn't the subject but really. What is Falco without his chaingrab to spike methods? Do you think people would still play him? Would he be seen in many brawls without it?

Do I ask a lot of questions?

Buuman

Smash Ace
*Attempts to close thread*.........................................o,O........................(CRITICAL FAILURE) :(

Sliq

Smash Master
Whoa, where the **** did this come from? I wasn't commenting on this at all so much as the fact that people saying they're good and providing no evidence is annoying, especially when no one has ever heard of this person.

. I could go on and on about why I feel like I'm one of the better Bowser players around, but I'd rather show proof. So, next tournament I go to, I'll be more than happy to give you that proof, Sliq.
That's all that's really required. Go to tournament > Place well > ???? > Profit!

You can't say you are good without any sort of evidence. I mean, you CAN, but you shouldn't.

P.S. Sliq, I saw some other videos and I wanted to apologize for my comment before. You play Bowser differently than I do, so I wrongfully passed judgement a bit too soon. You're not a bad Bowser. Certainly better than a lot of others who claim to be awesome at least.
I've got like no basis for Bowser besides my own observations. It isn't like there are many videos of really good Bowser players, so I pretty much have to make up my own ****.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
No one has the best Bowser. Not DJ, For certain not Sliq and not Kagato.

Not me, Kevin M and not whoever else joined in on this pointless argument.

so quit boosting and patting your own backs. If your Bowser is truly great then you wouldn't need to comment on him yourselves. Other people would do that for you.

so yeah you all suck.

Tea and cookies anyone?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Telling us we all suck doesn't stop a conversation. Trying to be the best in something is a good thing Dias. And it's the internet what else can we do besides stroke each other's E-Peen.

Or if you're me and Sliq just stroke each other...

Sliq

Smash Master
No one has the best Bowser. Not DJ, For certain not Sliq and not Kagato.

Not me, Kevin M and not whoever else joined in on this pointless argument.

so quit boosting and patting your own backs. If your Bowser is truly great then you wouldn't need to comment on him yourselves. Other people would do that for you.

so yeah you all suck.

Tea and cookies anyone?
Sorry, I tend not to not listen to people who's SWF name is ********.

I'll applaud you for not having a smash character's name in your account name, but seriously, your name is pulled directly from ****ing Star Ocean. Have you no creativity?

Seriously, when did people want to NOT form their own identity? There is seriously someone on this site named "sasuke bowser." ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS WITH THIS ****.

Moral of the story is, you're a new*** with a ******** name telling other people what they can and can't talk about over the internet.

Dias Flac: So cool that he can't think up his own name.

Cool.

Also, KevinM, I want to be the big spoon.

KishSquared

Smash Master
To try to make this topic a bit more objective and about tournament results, I've placed 2d and 5th at medium-sized MW tournaments. I'm curious how other Bowser players in other regions are faring - anyone doing well with him?

I think he's got great tournament potential, but I'm not gonna lie - I would have done worse in those tournaments if I had faced a DDD. Terrible matchup.

Also, Falco's CG to spike isn't so bad. If you're low enough % to get CG'ed, the spike shouldn't kill you. Just don't jump into it. Let him spike you, then jump and up-B. Half the time you'll catch Falco in the fortress, which is quite rewarding. At that point he generally can't CG you anymore.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Give more Dias wallpapers!! :D

I think Sliq is a ******** name and so is Kevin M but thats a pointless argument for another topic.

I didn't say you couldn't talk about how great you think your Bowser is I just stated how lame I think you all sound.

"My Bowser is better then yours [insert reason here]"

None of you are good and Kevin M save you and Sliq bedroom seens for another forum.

Now about those tea and cookies.

Guy above Falco's cg is annoying but a good thing is once your at 40% he can't do it to you. Even so its still a pain seeing he basically gets a free 40% off you.

KishSquared

Smash Master
True, but Bowser also dies at like 70% more than Falco, on average. It's annoying, but Falco isn't a Bowser counter by any stretch.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I was at a Pearland smashfest trying out my Bowser again (I gave up on him for a while).
I hate G&W now. Turtle is ********. Does Bowser have any way around that?

I beat a good Lucario, and I chained suicide claw on a number of different people.
Double claw is the most satisfying way to kill someone.
I tried him against Metaknight, but I was playing against Stiltz, so.... yeah. He ***** me.
I stopped thinking at the end, but I'm pretty sure Bowser's "soft counter" isn't all that great.
I'm just gonna go Wario against Meta, as much as I hate that matchup.

Cohen

Smash Apprentice
ok...so ive been reading through this a bit...and i know im a lil bit outta date but usually in bowser threads i would see people only talk about how amazing gimpyfish is...what happened to him?:confused:

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
What happened was he pretty much went back to melee from what I understand. He doesn't play Brawl as much so his Bowser isn't fleshed out. New game, new professionals.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Wow this topic went to hel/. Its sad that this has boiled down into an arguement, not of who has the best or even one of the best bowsers, but of things as trivial as were you get your name from! I think all of you have fine names... Its pointless to comment on them, because you cant REALLY do anything about it. So far the only videos I've seen of bowsers are sliq's... and no one can watch them and think that they aren't good. Sliq YOU ARE GOOD! theres the ego stroke, but calm down a little please! I'm not arguing that I'm a great bowser at all... so anyone wanting to flame me for that will find that I agree with them. I'd put myself somewhere not FAR under tournament level, but def. not there yet so I do know what I'm talking about to some degree. This, Im sure, wasn't supposed to cause an arguement or flame war, so why should it become one?

One more thing sliq... said taking a characters name and using it is stupid or whatever, but ken's name in 64 was sepirothken, and look where he is now.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, everyone treats Sliq like a god or something, and I've watched his videos.. He's good, no doubt about that, but he's not like the god of Bowser or some shiz. Seriously, on the subject of egos, it's not Sliq , it's the people who go like like "omg *cream*" at his vids is what makes him think he's so godly.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, everyone treats Sliq like a god or something, and I've watched his videos.. He's good, no doubt about that, but he's not like the god of Bowser or some shiz. Seriously, on the subject of egos, it's not Sliq , it's the people who go like like "omg *cream*" at his vids is what makes him think he's so godly.
I wonder how long until someone flames you...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Give more Dias wallpapers!! :D

Ok, this post should have stopped here And I would have had respect for you.

I think Sliq is a ******** name and so is Kevin M but thats a pointless argument for another topic.

Ok calling me out for what now?

I didn't say you couldn't talk about how great you think your Bowser is I just stated how lame I think you all sound.

Ok, so then you stated something worthless, I guess that goes along with the majority of the Bowser Boards anyways

"My Bowser is better then yours [insert reason here]"

No it's My Bowser is better then yours insert tournament placings.

None of you are good

And who the **** are you to say that, Just because you're some random ****ing Brawl scrub with Bowser doesn't mean the rest of us suck ****. Get ***** EL OH EL

and Kevin M save you and Sliq bedroom seens for another forum.

Again I don't have to, so get over it.

Now about those tea and cookies.

Wasn't funny the first time

Guy above Falco's cg is annoying but a good thing is once your at 40% he can't do it to you. Even so its still a pain seeing he basically gets a free 40% off you.

Stop complaining about an easy match-up Falco is one of his easier higher up match-ups.
People treat Sliq well because he's knowlegable and is advancing Metagame for Bowser, unlike most people on the Bowser Boards, I could count the number of intelligent posters on my hand. Don't think Ego's are a bad thing, if you're good ****in **** talk away, just back it up.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Sliq knowlegable? Their a laugh. People don't treat Sliq well. I only see you on his balls Kevin.

Its not like the people on this site highly depend on Sliq to get their knowledge on a certain character. When people want knowledge on Bowser they come to the Bowser boards. I dont see every topic created under Sliq. I see lots of names from lots of different people.

Its the same with the other character forums and its not like Sliq found all of these great AT's. They were found by loads of other players and if anything all Sliq does it comes in and talk about how useless he thinks they are and explains why making himself look silly but their always someone who has no stem of his own so he backsides with him.

He's just another guy who thinks he knows this and that and brings up random stuff like "Your name isn't cool I mean who uses the name "Dias?" when someone disagrees

then he looks to you hoping your back him up which you do because your to lame to grow a brain of your own.

Sliq is like some guy in highschool and Kevin your the guy who is usually found right behind him.

The people on these forums know how to get their info. By asking and whether its some guy named "Pizza" or "Sliq" replying to that topic the person WILL get their answer.

Edit: Falco isn't one of Bowser's easiest match ups. You of all people should know that Kevin...
CG to spike on Battlefield is by no means a easy match considering he's a higher character.
G&W,Olimar,Toon Link,Pit, even MK is easier then Falco is with Bowser. (I'd rather brawl a Snake then a Falco on BF myself) and I'm not complaining just stating that its tough.

You seem more random of a scrub then I do seeing you down size Bowser whenever you can. Its surprising why your not doing it in this particular topic. I'm the one who are telling future and current Bowser mainers that their is a way. You usually just agree with someone else stating that its impossible for him to beat so and so yet this topic is about some one being successful with Bowser so I'm guessing its not impossible.

and whats with the whole " JUST #$$$ YOU $%^$%" is that like you all ways of yelling and cursing on the internet?

Tea and Cookies?

Top Bottom