• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most successful Bowser players?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
People treat Sliq well because he's knowlegable and is advancing Metagame for Bowser, unlike most people on the Bowser Boards, I could count the number of intelligent posters on my hand. Don't think Ego's are a bad thing, if you're good ****in **** talk away, just back it up.
Stop defending him shaun! All he ever does is hold you back. Or does it make you feel better to have someone around who's more of a loser than you?

edit- uh wait you're all american and might not get that.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I sense tension :O
*Attempts to close thread again*
Why can't we all just be friends? :D

And btw, I'm still confident about the offer I made a few pages back. Anyone want to bowser ditto me? (50$ money match) Come to Critical hit 4, an event by the ECRC. I'm not gonna brag about my bowser at all, I'll just win 50$ and show whoever is down for the MM. :p

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I've had close sets with Ninjalink and Omega White Mage back when I actually gave a **** about Brawl. But I'm done with this thread, the amount of scrub is amazing. Dias when you actually learn something about the game get back to me.

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
People treat Sliq well because he's knowlegable and is advancing Metagame for Bowser, unlike most people on the Bowser Boards, I could count the number of intelligent posters on my hand. Don't think Ego's are a bad thing, if you're good ****in **** talk away, just back it up.
Very advanced metagame.

LETS CHARGE UP FSMASH, HOPE IT HITS, THEN PUT IT ON YOUTUBE WHEN IT ACTUALLY DOES.

LOL I HAS MEATGAEM?!

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
I don't know who are the best Bowser Brawlers but surely those who main Bowser in General deserve some kudos and cookies!

In all seriousness...people who main Bowser deserve a lot of credit. ;)

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Cookies are quite tempting, but you can't lure me in with your witchcraft!

So is this kind of thing common on the Bowser boards? I usually only come for information and rarely for discussion (note the join date and the amount of posts). It just seems like there is a great amount of spite, anger, flaming, and ego thrown around about Bowser and who is good with him when people could just be a lot...kinder.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Cookies are quite tempting, but you can't lure me in with your witchcraft!

So is this kind of thing common on the Bowser boards? I usually only come for information and rarely for discussion (note the join date and the amount of posts). It just seems like there is a great amount of spite, anger, flaming, and ego thrown around about Bowser and who is good with him when people could just be a lot...kinder.
Come on, these cookies are no trick! They are a gift for going against the comments of how people say "Bowser sucks" and all that stuff;).. The Bowser boards are also less popular then the others.... It is in the "Bottom Five" in number of threads.:ohwell:

That's a common thing about all of Smashboards..... Apparently to many people......

Arrogance and intelligence is greater than acting like you have a heart/soul.

Again... kudos to all you Bowser mains out there!

And Admiral Bowser... I guess you can get a cookie too. ;)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dont main bowser, but I can testify that bowser in general is ****. I saw DJ nintendo at FAST1 and I was pretty impressed. Good stuff.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten second place in tournaments using bowser. 8 times, I maybe cursed.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
i played with another bowser in basic brawl, we had a awesome time together and we both did really well despite me going into the fight not really knowing his moves. But my buddy helped me pick up the slack quite a bit.

Im the blue one, hes the default colored one, i miss this kid ;_;

Sliq

Smash Master
Its pointless to comment on them, because you cant REALLY do anything about it.
WTF are you talking about? YOU pick the name you register with on this forum. It isn't randomly generated for you.

One more thing sliq... said taking a characters name and using it is stupid or whatever, but ken's name in 64 was sepirothken, and look where he is now.
Don't forget Mew2King and Chillindude. The problem with this is that you are pointing out rare instances contrary to the rule. there are THOUSANDS of other players with really ******** names who are VERY VERY bad. Just because 1% of those with ******** names are good doesn't mean ****. I'm merely making an observation and putting these findings into practice.

Sliq knowlegable? Their a laugh. People don't treat Sliq well. I only see you on his balls Kevin.
You might want to stroll on over to the Ganon boards and look at my Ganon guide. That's a fraction of the **** I know about that 1 character alone. I haven't updated it due to lack of time and the fact that I play him less. Eventually, I'll have one for Bowser that will be bigger and better.

Its not like the people on this site highly depend on Sliq to get their knowledge on a certain character. When people want knowledge on Bowser they come to the Bowser boards. I dont see every topic created under Sliq. I see lots of names from lots of different people.
And they are all asking for really basic advice for really basic **** that should be common knowledge, as opposed to advanced strategies and remotely useful information.

The only useful posts are the ones when people accidentally discover something new (jump out of suicide claw, for example). Otherwise, we have joke topics that aren't funny (lol Bowser has a grenade AND a headband, hilarity).

Its the same with the other character forums and its not like Sliq found all of these great AT's. They were found by loads of other players and if anything all Sliq does it comes in and talk about how useless he thinks they are and explains why making himself look silly but their always someone who has no stem of his own so he backsides with him.
There is a difference between finding an AT and testing is usefulness and applying it. In Melee, on YS, you could run off the ledge with Jiggs and immediately up b to instantly grab the edge. A shiny AT, yes, but not useful at ALL. Furthermore, this trick showed us that as you run off the ledge, there are a few frames in which you can not jump (hence why she doesn't jump then up b (same principle behind Link's spin hog)).

He's just another guy who thinks he knows this and that and brings up random stuff like "Your name isn't cool I mean who uses the name "Dias?" when someone disagrees
I'm simply pointing out a correlation between someone bad and stupid and the tag they use. Most of the time there is a distinct relationship. Sometimes there isn't, but the majority is in favor of ******* with stupid names.

Seriously, if you can't be creative enough to come up with an original tag, how could you pssibly take on the much more complicated task of being creative in your playstyle?

The people on these forums know how to get their info. By asking and whether its some guy named "Pizza" or "Sliq" replying to that topic the person WILL get their answer.
The only problem is that some information has no question, you ****ing dolt. Some ****, you know, is just UNKOWN to everybody sans a handful of people. So unless someone TELLS them it, they won't know what question to ****ing ask.

That's like the day Brawl is released, someone asking how to infinite jump with Bowser. They wouldn't know about it to ASK.

Furthermore, asking how to be good with the character is far too broad a question to answer without in depth time spent into crafting some sort of guidlines for how to play a character, and specific tricks and setups that character has. Somebody should probably get on that...

Edit: Falco isn't one of Bowser's easiest match ups. You of all people should know that Kevin...
CG to spike on Battlefield is by no means a easy match considering he's a higher character.
G&W,Olimar,Toon Link,Pit, even MK is easier then Falco is with Bowser. (I'd rather brawl a Snake then a Falco on BF myself) and I'm not complaining just stating that its tough.
The only thing that makes this matchup "tough" is the lasers. The Chain grab is negligible if you can meteor cancel (which you should be able to, unless you are bad or inexperienced).

And the matchup isn't even tough, just annoying. Albeit, the Falcos I have played in tournament weren't very good, so my perspective may be off, but until I play an elite Falco, my opinion still stands.

Tea and Cookies?

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
nah your lying. You get owned by good Falco's. Quit acting like your this really really godly Bowser and quit mention people's names like I know them.

I don't care who playing what character their no different from john playing a good falco. DJ Nintendo's Bowser isn't much different from Sarah's good Bowser.

I don't know these people, I don't care about these people, I don't read up on these people and I don't think their "godly" at this game.

They're just another player.

I'm 100% sure I can beat your Bowser with my Ness. I'm not even good with Ness but I know Bowser like the back of my hand so playing smart is the only thing I need to do.

Your not godly with Bowser so quit acting like you can do all of this stuff. Just because you have videos at which I haven't seen and don't care to watch because I'd rather just play the game instead of watching someone do something I can do myself. Doesn't make you great.

Their are tons of different ways to play one character just because you play a lasor spamming Falco and you beat him doesn't make you godly against Falco players. That falco just doesn't know what he needs to do and wasn't playing very smart and Its 100% the fact that he isn't good at Falco's chaingrab.

Because I know for certain you lose to Falco players who know what they're doing with Falco's chaingrab.

You guys can say I don't know Bowser but I know him well enough to understand what happens in certain character match ups when played by the right player.

but yeah people quit with the mentioning of players names and pinning them to a character. I don't know these people and I don't care to know them. The only player name I know is "DiasFlac" and I know he mains Bowser and Mario.

Now if you don't mind I'm going mini golfing. ;)

Popertop

Smash Champion
THere's more to falco than his chaingrab.

I'm the best bowser in my area, I played Sethlon's falco and he RAAAAPED me.
RAAAAAPE.
Besides Sethlon being a beast, hard matchup.

Sliq

Smash Master
nah your lying. You get owned by good Falco's. Quit acting like your this really really godly Bowser and quit mention people's names like I know them.

I don't care who playing what character their no different from john playing a good falco. DJ Nintendo's Bowser isn't much different from Sarah's good Bowser.

I don't know these people, I don't care about these people, I don't read up on these people and I don't think their "godly" at this game.

I'm 100% sure I can beat your Bowser with my Ness. I'm not even good with Ness but I know Bowser like the back of my hand so playing smart is the only thing I need to do.

Your not godly with Bowser so quit acting like you can do all of this stuff. Just because you have videos at which I haven't seen and don't care to watch because I'd rather just play the game instead of watching someone do something I can do myself. Doesn't make you great.

Their are tons of different ways to play one character just because you play a lasor spamming Falco and you beat him doesn't make you godly against Falco players. That falco just doesn't know what he needs to do and wasn't playing very smart and Its 100% the fact that he isn't good at Falco's chaingrab.

Because I know for certain you lose to Falco players who know what they're doing with Falco's chaingrab.

You guys can say I don't know Bowser but I know him well enough to understand what happens in certain character match ups when played by the right player.

but yeah people quit with the mentioning of players names and pinning them to a character. I don't know these people and I don't care to know them. The only player name I know is "DiasFlac" and I know he mains Bowser and Mario.

I don't ever remember SERIOUSLY saying I was the greatest thing ever. Seriously, there is a difference between play arrogance and real arrogance, and you are a shithead.

I only claimed that I was good. Now kill yourself, since you're being a huge hypocrite.

Also, there isn't any need in order to be good at Falco's chain grab. That **** is easy. It IS about avoiding a 0 to death because of the spike AFTER the chain grab. Try reading you ass clown. 40% is not that much for Bowser, but getting KO'd at 50% because you got daired out of said chain grab is.

Also, I haven't heard of you placing well at anything. Like, ever.

That's ok, I'm sure you're mom thinks you are great.

THere's more to falco than his chaingrab.

I'm the best bowser in my area, I played Sethlon's falco and he RAAAAPED me.
RAAAAAPE.
Besides Sethlon being a beast, hard matchup.
I'm sure Sethlon is very good. I've heard good things. But I haven't played a "good" falco yet in the sense that I didn't win. Therefor, until said incident happens, I'm not inclined to take some people's "word for it," especially when I don't know who they are, and they haven't provided an adequate reason for me to believe that they are correct.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

So...You don't watch vids...And assume that everybody is equal at the game, and with their characters based on...Jack ****? That's wonderful. Btw, even if YOU are getting owned my Falco's CG doesn't mean everybody else is...And since that's apparently all that Falco has against Bowser, or at least that's what I understand from what you're saying, he really SHOULD be an easy fight. Just...Don't get grabbed. Look for grabs, avoid them, and punish...Not very hard to do.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
So...You don't watch vids...And assume that everybody is equal at the game, and with their characters based on...Jack ****? That's wonderful. Btw, even if YOU are getting owned my Falco's CG doesn't mean everybody else is...And since that's apparently all that Falco has against Bowser, or at least that's what I understand from what you're saying, he really SHOULD be an easy fight. Just...Don't get grabbed. Look for grabs, avoid them, and punish...Not very hard to do.

"Jack****" the names people are coming up with. I'm done posting here time for this topic to die with time. You guys can continue to argue the about how good you think you are and how you beat this and that guys Mario or w/e

and yeah just don't get grabbed that always works... :rolls:

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
"Jack****" the names people are coming up with. I'm done posting here time for this topic to die with time. You guys can continue to argue the about how good you think you are and how you beat this and that guys Mario or w/e

and yeah just don't get grabbed that always works... :rolls:
This stoped being about who was good at bowser right at about page three. lol
And its not like we were talking about some unknowns. m2k and ken were 2 of the best if not THE best melee players in the world. M2K IS marth on melee... period. M2K is now arguably the best DDD player and MK player, you should have at least heard of him. This leads me to doubt you play competitivly.

Anywasy Sliq, I meant once you have made a name, if people thinks its stupid... your stuck. I wasn't clear, and now that I read it the logic sounds stupid so nevermind that part. Sorry for the brain fart. And I knew about M2k...not the other guy, Im just saying you cant say for sure "well his name is stupid Ima gonna win." I agree its annoying when someone is named mkfan1,000,000,000. More often than not they ARE just some scrub, but few players are at the level of ken and m2k and both of them have names that may be seen as unoriginal. I probably wouldnt take a person named gimpyfish seriously, but he was an amazing bowser.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say that if the name sounded silly the player would be easy... and just because I don't pay attention to "who's the best" doesn't mean I don't play competitively but meh maybe I don't maybe I do. Doesn't matter I play.

and I don't care what "name" I make for myself I'll still get matches whenever I do feel like playing which isn't much lately. I'm mostly waiting on Street Fighter 4 I'm getting bored of brawl but I haven't been on videogames as much as I used to be anyways.

I haven't recorded a match in months now I just give advice to up coming Bowser mainers. (and stay posted on the new AT's)

I know they are different levels of play with each character I'm saying when pinned up against Bowser I know what happens in those match ups. Not to say their impossible to win. I know for a fact a good Falco will always beat a Bowser player. Even this DJ Nintendo guy would lose to a random Falco player I know is great with Falco's chaingrab and I'm not saying this guy sucks I'm just stating what I know is true.

If anyone wants to prove that their Bowser is so "godly" then we don't need to argue it. Wifi does exist in brawl. Just hit me up for a brawl and when I'm at the keyboard I'll get with you. Note that I will record the match.

You "godly" bowser players can beat so and so and whoever else but I only believe what I see and do myself. If you can beat these great Falco players then beat me (I won't be using Falco as I don't know how to use him but I'll use other characters at which I'm not good with but know how to use good enough) I'll be using characters who are "easier" then Falco.

but you don't want that to happen because it would damage your reps so instead make excuses about how I'm to lame to brawl and how I'm not worth your time. Either way your just proving my point.

Wifi is here so if your going to show off then do so if not lets hear those excuses.

I'm not brawling you because of this and that johns. amirite

*My last post here*

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I didn't say that if the name sounded silly the player would be easy... and just because I don't pay attention to "who's the best" doesn't mean I don't play competitively but meh maybe I don't maybe I do. Doesn't matter I play.

and I don't care what "name" I make for myself I'll still get matches whenever I do feel like playing which isn't much lately. I'm mostly waiting on Street Fighter 4 I'm getting bored of brawl but I haven't been on videogames as much as I used to be anyways.

I haven't recorded a match in months now I just give advice to up coming Bowser mainers. (and stay posted on the new AT's)

I know they are different levels of play with each character I'm saying when pinned up against Bowser I know what happens in those match ups. Not to say their impossible to win. I know for a fact a good Falco will always beat a Bowser player. Even this DJ Nintendo guy would lose to a random Falco player I know is great with Falco's chaingrab and I'm not saying this guy sucks I'm just stating what I know is true.

If anyone wants to prove that their Bowser is so "godly" then we don't need to argue it. Wifi does exist in brawl. Just hit me up for a brawl and when I'm at the keyboard I'll get with you. Note that I will record the match.

You "godly" bowser players can beat so and so and whoever else but I only believe what I see and do myself. If you can beat these great Falco players then beat me (I won't be using Falco as I don't know how to use him but I'll use other characters at which I'm not good with but know how to use good enough) I'll be using characters who are "easier" then Falco.

but you don't want that to happen because it would damage your reps so instead make excuses about how I'm to lame to brawl and how I'm not worth your time. Either way your just proving my point.

Wifi is here so if your going to show off then do so if not lets hear those excuses.

I'm not brawling you because of this and that johns. amirite

*My last post here*
Dias...no one can determine who's better through Wifi. With the slightest bit of lag, any character with a frame advantage will land more hits than usual. Characters like Diddy Kong with little wind-up to his moves will be much harder to block or dodge if you try and block the second you see the attack begin, because not only will the lag make you get hit due to your timing, but you'll find yourself getting bounced around by moves you normally should be able to handle offline. So don't say Wifi is an excuse to "show off." It really isn't.

Also, we should get back to what this topic is about. It's about who is good with Bowser. However, I've noticed you keep claiming who Bowser is good or bad against all the time as if it was set in stone. Falco, for example, I have problems against, but for reasons other than chaingrabs. Chaingrabbing falcos usually give room for human error and, at times, I can whirling fortress away in time. It happens. Also, you should always expect it coming, so you should know not to let a Falco get too close. Yes, it's hard but it's not impossible. If a player has plenty of experience fighting Falco, then this will come easy. I fight a Falco quite often, so I'm already used to chaingrabs and laser camping and I know how to get around them. You may not have the same experience as I do, so you might die far more quickly against Falco.

Thats really all it takes when you're trying to be good with Bowser or any character. Experience. You need to know your character and you need experience fighting all sorts of opponents. Me? I fight Mario, Luigi, Snake, DK, Meta Knight, Lucario, Sonic, Fox, Falco, and Kirby quite often. I have experience against those characters. However, I rarely fight against G&W, Sheik, Wario, ROB, or Pikachu since they seem to be very unpopular in tournaments or for friendlies around here. So there's where the whole "experience" thing comes into play.

You think Falco is hard. I think he's managable. You think Luigi is a Bowser counterpick. I think Luigi is easy prey. However, I may think Game and Watch is ridiculous to fight and you might say otherwise because you might have experience fighting G&W all the time while I do not.

Sure, there are characters that naturally do better against Bowser. Thats where the character matchups come in. Put the best Bowser against the best G&W, G&W is probably going to win. However, in most realistic cases, it's going to be the better player who wins in the end. So while G&W is naturally considered to be one of Bowser's hardest fights, a poor G&W will still lose to a fairly smart Bowser player.

In order to be great as a Bowser player, you'll need to know how to use Bowser against all kinds of opponents and know how to fight against them. In short, you need experience. Without experience, you will not succeed. This applies to anything we do, whether it be smash or school or work. In school, you do homework. Thats experience. At work, you go through training. In Smash, you play against various skilled opponents and learn how to play against them as your favorite character. After all, no one is a master after only a few rounds.

And finally, don't do Bowser dittos. They mean nothing. All it proves is that you're good at winning as Bowser against another Bowser. You can beat all other Bowsers in dittos, but if you can't beat any other kind of opponent, then you're not a good Bowser.

I don't care about the names of the opponents I play. I don't care who they use. All I ever care about is if they're good or not, because if they're good, one of two things will happen. 1) I win and go home. 2) I lose, try again, and learn from my mistakes and start building experience.

So, long story short.... Who's good with Bowser? Bowser players with experience.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Dias...no one can determine who's better through Wifi. With the slightest bit of lag, any character with a frame advantage will land more hits than usual. Characters like Diddy Kong with little wind-up to his moves will be much harder to block or dodge if you try and block the second you see the attack begin, because not only will the lag make you get hit due to your timing, but you'll find yourself getting bounced around by moves you normally should be able to handle offline. So don't say Wifi is an excuse to "show off." It really isn't.

Also, we should get back to what this topic is about. It's about who is good with Bowser. However, I've noticed you keep claiming who Bowser is good or bad against all the time as if it was set in stone. Falco, for example, I have problems against, but for reasons other than chaingrabs. Chaingrabbing falcos usually give room for human error and, at times, I can whirling fortress away in time. It happens. Also, you should always expect it coming, so you should know not to let a Falco get too close. Yes, it's hard but it's not impossible. If a player has plenty of experience fighting Falco, then this will come easy. I fight a Falco quite often, so I'm already used to chaingrabs and laser camping and I know how to get around them. You may not have the same experience as I do, so you might die far more quickly against Falco.

Thats really all it takes when you're trying to be good with Bowser or any character. Experience. You need to know your character and you need experience fighting all sorts of opponents. Me? I fight Mario, Luigi, Snake, DK, Meta Knight, Lucario, Sonic, Fox, Falco, and Kirby quite often. I have experience against those characters. However, I rarely fight against G&W, Sheik, Wario, ROB, or Pikachu since they seem to be very unpopular in tournaments or for friendlies around here. So there's where the whole "experience" thing comes into play.

You think Falco is hard. I think he's managable. You think Luigi is a Bowser counterpick. I think Luigi is easy prey. However, I may think Game and Watch is ridiculous to fight and you might say otherwise because you might have experience fighting G&W all the time while I do not.

Sure, there are characters that naturally do better against Bowser. Thats where the character matchups come in. Put the best Bowser against the best G&W, G&W is probably going to win. However, in most realistic cases, it's going to be the better player who wins in the end. So while G&W is naturally considered to be one of Bowser's hardest fights, a poor G&W will still lose to a fairly smart Bowser player.

In order to be great as a Bowser player, you'll need to know how to use Bowser against all kinds of opponents and know how to fight against them. In short, you need experience. Without experience, you will not succeed. This applies to anything we do, whether it be smash or school or work. In school, you do homework. Thats experience. At work, you go through training. In Smash, you play against various skilled opponents and learn how to play against them as your favorite character. After all, no one is a master after only a few rounds.

And finally, don't do Bowser dittos. They mean nothing. All it proves is that you're good at winning as Bowser against another Bowser. You can beat all other Bowsers in dittos, but if you can't beat any other kind of opponent, then you're not a good Bowser.

I don't care about the names of the opponents I play. I don't care who they use. All I ever care about is if they're good or not, because if they're good, one of two things will happen. 1) I win and go home. 2) I lose, try again, and learn from my mistakes and start building experience.

So, long story short.... Who's good with Bowser? Bowser players with experience.
Story of my smash life.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Out of curiosity did anyone notice the trend of Dias' posts going from trying to sound intelligent to comparing DJ Nintendo to a random to outright stupidity.

I did.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Lulz DBZ ***.
I was joking you dip ****...u honestly took that seriously? And making fun off my tag? Who says u didnt get your name from masturbating 24/76? Liquid sperm.

So thats what u call kissing ***? Me and kev are friends no doubt, but I was messing? Why am I over explaining things to you? Idk...you're not worth the time

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Anyways, about Bowser

He's pretty cool no doubt and he has a ton of tools to be successful.

A word of advice and hopefully we can take this conversation somewhere else, flaming gets boring after a while and once its done its done. Now this is going no where, and it started off as a good thing.

Let's make it so there is a best Bowser known, I was disappointed no doubt to see that Dias has no real tournament prowess and that's what we can't have.

How about it guys, lets make Bowser a character to be feared for once, instead of just three or four of us being good with him while he stays low tier why doesn't everyone suck it up put in some work and do the dirty.

That's gospel.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Anyways, about Bowser

He's pretty cool no doubt and he has a ton of tools to be successful.

A word of advice and hopefully we can take this conversation somewhere else, flaming gets boring after a while and once its done its done. Now this is going no where, and it started off as a good thing.

Let's make it so there is a best Bowser known, I was disappointed no doubt to see that Dias has no real tournament prowess and that's what we can't have.

How about it guys, lets make Bowser a character to be feared for once, instead of just three or four of us being good with him while he stays low tier why doesn't everyone suck it up put in some work and do the dirty.

That's gospel.
K.

I'm going to a Middle GA tourney with Bowser on the 30th so hopefully I'll place well. First tourney ftw btw, lulz.

Top Bottom