• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the most successful Bowser players?

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Nobody. I've seen a few youtube bowser's that were decent with they're lucky offensive momentum of attacks connecting. But nothing too spectacular unfortunatly. Not many people put any effort in bowser, let alone playing him in a serious fashion constantly. His cons far outweigh the pros, which is setting him back.

Least played character in the game in my opinion other then the occasional (I just owned you're *** with Bowser matches that occur seldomnly)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
There seriously needs to be more Bowser players running around but as usual most people run to either MK or Snake.
They cant help it they are good. Really though, I used to try to rationalize why people used snake and mk. I just told myself because they are cheap, people will want to play them, but thats REALLY only the case for people who generally are unskilled. People with anykind of ability at this game arent going to say "Im good and with mk I'll be great". They have a character that they excell with and use for some, and sometime more than one, reason. Usually a competitive player chooses a main based on how they fit that particular players playing style. So yes, some people may play mk or snake or even another high teir char simply because they are high tier, but really only people you should be able to beat if you are good do this. Yes, people pick snake andmk because they like them just like other chars... we shouldn't be so quick to throw them under the bus.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Nothing of what you said is true, people play Snake or MK because they are better and therefor earn them more money. No matter how much I love Ike I can never make as much money with him as I could with Snake. If you really are a pro, that's all that should matter.

On the Bowser topic, I think more people will play him once they get more creative with his ISJR, that could really help his play. Claw and fair are just too good.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Nothing of what you said is true, people play Snake or MK because they are better and therefor earn them more money. No matter how much I love Ike I can never make as much money with him as I could with Snake. If you really are a pro, that's all that should matter.

On the Bowser topic, I think more people will play him once they get more creative with his ISJR, that could really help his play. Claw and fair are just too good.
Thats not the truth either. People who are the best win the money. If what YOU said is true then only mk and snake would have won tournies, because all the best players would be playing them. So with your statement we are to believe that someone with the skill of M2K plays metaknight only because he believes it gives him a better chance of winning? Thats stupid. If people did it YOUR way then gimpyfish or Hugs or any number of other great, great players would have never been known for being just as good with lower tier characters. So you say that everytime someone picks snake or mk that all they are trying to do is win, and they dont like the character at all and they are only picking them to be cheap? See that is like character racism.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Yes but MK and snake DO win pretty much all the tourneys. There are players who play certain characters and get really good with them for the most part but if you ask practically any one who plays anything competitively, you're not going to set back your chances of winning money by intentionally hindering yourself if you truly want the money. He's not saying that all people who pick MK and snake are playing them just to win, It's likely that most people who play them DO enjoy the way they play, hell, I main bowser but I really enjoy playing both MK and snake. What he's saying is that from a proffesional standpoint, you just take whatever will give you the greatest chances of winning.

On topic I haven't actually seen any footage of Sliq's bowser but heard he's pretty good. He said he's playing bowser more than ganon because Bowser is infinitely better. Is Kagato's bowser any good?

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Yes but MK and snake DO win pretty much all the tourneys. There are players who play certain characters and get really good with them for the most part but if you ask practically any one who plays anything competitively, you're not going to set back your chances of winning money by intentionally hindering yourself if you truly want the money. He's not saying that all people who pick MK and snake are playing them just to win, It's likely that most people who play them DO enjoy the way they play, hell, I main bowser but I really enjoy playing both MK and snake. What he's saying is that from a proffesional standpoint, you just take whatever will give you the greatest chances of winning.

On topic I haven't actually seen any footage of Sliq's bowser but heard he's pretty good. He said he's playing bowser more than ganon because Bowser is infinitely better. Is Kagato's bowser any good?
Im not sure never heard of him before... looks pretty good on youtube

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't know about WC bowsers but

Midwest
Sliq
Kish

East
Me
Buuman?
Dias Flac

Theres no order thats just imo the best bowser mainers.

Also I have been known to switch off him a lot.

null55

Smash Master
Meta Knight and Snake are kind of overrated. I know Meta Knight is a fantastic character, and I know Snake is as well, but everyone, including people in this discussion are making them seem unbeatable and that is completely not the case. Falco ***** the **** out of Snake and can handle MK. R.O.B. can do well against MK as well, and Diddy nearly has an advantage against him. It is true that you will have to have a lot skill with some characters to beat a -great- MK, but going as far as calling him broken is so far from true.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Meta Knight and Snake are kind of overrated. I know Meta Knight is a fantastic character, and I know Snake is as well, but everyone, including people in this discussion are making them seem unbeatable and that is completely not the case. Falco ***** the **** out of Snake and can handle MK. R.O.B. can do well against MK as well, and Diddy nearly has an advantage against him. It is true that you will have to have a lot skill with some characters to beat a -great- MK, but going as far as calling him broken is so far from true.
:) bless you!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Gimpy gave up Brawl Singles. He still plays Brawl doubles, but thats it. He also mains Shiek and occasionally MK these days, so I doubt he's playing Bowser much at all anymore

degypr

Smash Cadet
Or people just like their games so they play them for that reason. MGS is my favourite game series and therefore I main Snake. I gladly use Bowser and Captain Falcon in tourneys though still and from what I've seen, I'm one of the better Bowser players in Sweden. But it's also true what you say, people main chars for money.... greedy scrooges. :bee:

Thats not the truth either. People who are the best win the money. If what YOU said is true then only mk and snake would have won tournies, because all the best players would be playing them. So with your statement we are to believe that someone with the skill of M2K plays metaknight only because he believes it gives him a better chance of winning? Thats stupid. If people did it YOUR way then gimpyfish or Hugs or any number of other great, great players would have never been known for being just as good with lower tier characters. So you say that everytime someone picks snake or mk that all they are trying to do is win, and they dont like the character at all and they are only picking them to be cheap? See that is like character racism.
Good post.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I'm very surprised you forgot about me, DiasFlac. I'm in the east.

On the topic of Bowser players, the only person I've seen play as Bowser well other than myself is DiasFlac. However, he and I play very differently. I haven't faced him in ages, though...so I don't know if he can beat me now. Still, I don't know who out there is better than me, so I won't say I'm the best Bowser player in the world, because there's probably going to be some 10 year old kid out in Northern Sweden who has an insane Bowser. Until then, I'm pretty confident in being one of the best.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
DJ nintendo was at FAST1...

His wasnt bad at all...

xD, I still upBed is *** about 6 times in 3 doubles matches xD. Haha...Luigi = Bowser Counter

DJ was good

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Luigi as a Bowser counter? I don't think so. Mario makes better sense if we're talking about the plumbers. But that's a discussion saved for another place at another time.

But you say this DJ person uses a fast Bowser? I'm actually happy to hear that. I thought I was the only one who played a fast Bowser as opposed to a slower, defensive kind. I'll be interested to see more from him.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Really? Sliq is good? I watched that match and it looked pretty...well, not great. Is there another match of his that I can see?

Top Bottom