• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

White 5, November 10, Whitewater, WI

Sago

Smash Lord
i would agree on that buy my ride just droped out :( so i cant come unless someone else can give me one, but its such late notice i doubt its possible

Sago

Smash Lord
hahaha i think that would be funny, hey hayate, i think im gona be in stevens point/ plova on the 15-17th you wana get together and play some smash?

oddgloat

Smash Cadet
Me and Penj are coming to this tomorrow. It's our first tourney, so if we ask noob questions about rules etc. just call us noobs. And hopefully answer our questions too.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
RESULTS​

Singles

1 Tink
2 Pete Chen
3 Tapion
4 KSSB
5 Eddie
5 BigC
7 Zjiin
7 Ethan
9 BZZL
9 Mundungu
9 Haus
9 Aj
13 Tonjii
13 OddGloat
13 Penj
13 Aiur
17 Chansen

Doubles

1 Tink + Pete Chen
2 BigC + KSSB
3 Tapion + Fastest
4 Eddie + Zjiin
5 Sauce + 5150
5 Nija + BZZL
7 Aiur + Haus
7 I HATE THIS GAME (Seph + Edge)
9 Mundungu + Ethan
9 Sumo + Rake
9 Vjgyo + Justin
9 Oddgloat + Penj

BRACKETS

Singles

Doubles

Shoutouts laters :lick:

khepri

Smash Lord
Nice, Tink and Pete placed top 2. God job guys. I thought Eddie would place higher as well, I wonder what happened there.

...I feel bad for Damien always having to play against the same people.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I had heard it'd be larger, too.

Awesome tourney, though! I'll get shouts up later.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Eddie wasn't doin too hot... plus he had to play me really early in the losers bracket. Brackets don't show anything anyway, double elim = top two, the rest isn't reflective.

Anyway... uhh... For future reference, I'm gonna pull a 5150. If you want a free win pick Kongo Jungle on me... I'll resign. I refuse to play there anymore thanks to Pete Chen :-P I'm gonna take my 8 dollar winnings and buy myself... ummm... hmmm... I got nothin.

Good games to everyone, no hard feelings Chen you do whatcha gotta do to win (I really mean that as much as I'm cryin like a little ***** about kongo jungle) to those 3 guys that came (Aji and company) Sorry I didn't get to play the other two. I was gonna try and sneak in some matches with you guys before we left but after the tables were put away you guys vanished :( We'll have to play some next time, you guys were friggen awesome for your first tournament!

KSSB: Good **** overall... Kinda sucks that the only person you lost to was me though :( Your marth really has stepped it up, and you're verrrry consistent with those combos. I'm very sneaky though, never count out the falcon when he's off the ledge :)

Big C: Guess we'll never know ;)

Pete Chen:

Tink: SOO CLOSE!!! ACK! smart move though killing yourself on that last life.. I always think about doing that but never actually do it. You're such a beast. Misfire > Charge shot

Eddie: I will always love you. You've been switchin characters too much though man! You'll figure out how to beat Peach eventually :(

5150: thanks for the 5 bucks :) And start to take it easy with the trash talkin... just because something's not important or serious to you doesn't mean people don't take it seriously themselves...

Crashman: WTF? No teams? no singles? no smash? You'll never be as good as watty at this rate...

Aji: I could tell from the conversations we had about DaShizwiz that technical skill is the most important thing... Well you've got the technical skill but even then you couldn't keep up. Start focusing on your strategies instead of trying to be fast and fancy. There's no point in shining every ledge hop or infinte stalling like that. Spacing+strategy = win, not speed. Speed will beat the newbs.

Hayate: you suck

Mundungu: Thanks for hosting the tournament, and setting everything up. I think it ran smoothly and as always was a blast. Good **** on the tourney matches too! You were being reaaaaally annoying.

Marth101: When you put up the video let me get a linky :) Also if you can send me the footage of the rest of the stuff please that'd be awesome. Good stuff beatin eddie first match, and awesome night the night before.

Haus/Bzzl and co: Glad to see you guys make it. It's always awesome to see the low-tier representation of wisconsin.

vjgyo/MewtwoplayerIdontknow(sorry): You've really stepped it up, Airy! movin well, tech chasin, combos, good stuff in general. Mewtwo guy though... you gotta stop rollin. If you're gonna be mewtwo you gotta throw out a lot more tilts for defense instead of rolling. Rolling = dead.

Anyone else I may have forgot: Sorry... I had fun though at this tournament. Loved playing friendlies as usual, just wish everyone would've stayed for singles. Odds are if you didn't stay I probably forgot about ya :( Hope everyone else had fun though. GG's

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Sorry guys, sounds like it was fun, but I really can't afford to take off of work to go to smash tournaments. Maybe some other time?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
i'm think about making a biweekly at uwsp, but i'm known for unreliable, so.....
I'm right here at UWSP as well (literally moreso than Hayate actually; dorms are so small :() so I could help with that :p

Always wanted to host a tournament... co-hosting one would be just as good. :) lol

Zjiin

Smash Master
Good stuff, although i would have wished all the people from doubles would have entered singles so there could have been pools like Mundungu originally intended.

...I feel bad for Damian always having to play against the same people.
Yeah, nothing like 4 hours of driving just to lose to the two people i play the most. GG.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff, although i would have wished all the people from doubles would have entered singles so there could have been pools like Mundungu originally intended.

Yeah, nothing like 4 hours of driving just to lose to the two people i play the most. GG.
I hear ya, the very first guy I played was Haus (the guy who got me into competitive smash who I play almost every day and lives across the hall from me). *BALEETED*

Okiedokie, apparently he's totally different than I so foolishly thought. >.>
Nah, actually someone was kind enough to explain to me a bit more - but he was completely calm the whole time I was around.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Wish I could have been there to watch Tapion go old school and use Capt. Falcon...I miss those days...now that he switched to the cheapo fox...

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Wish I could have been there to watch Tapion go old school and use Capt. Falcon...I miss those days...now that he switched to the cheapo fox...
Fox is my secondary for falcos I can't beat and ******** stages... I've been playing falcon the whole time...

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
ahh i had a good time at the turny, mudungu, thx again fro hosting such a well run turny. Shoutouts i guess...

BZZL: holy shizat dude, your ness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>my m2 lol i guess i need to practice lol.. great games as always and i hope to play you again.

Chansen: Dude nice talking/ playin wit you- thanks for all of those beats u gav me. Hope you liked my nujabes lol

airy: Ohh airy it was so nice to see you again, your getting better every time we meet. Your peach ***** and i hope that you will stop using that warmongering ninja tramp and main peach lol.

random M2 dude that i ditto: Well what can i say i have never met you before although it's good to see another m2 out there, one thing you have to work on tho is rolling. Rolling with m2 is a bad bad idea.... but other than that you had some good moves lol.

tinklberry: 2x jump off the board to uair> m2 on the other hand at least i got you down to 2 stock both times- and i had nice spike. It was wonderful bein ***** by you. :) :) :)

5150: Don't ever wear a cowboyhat again lol

Cra$hman: great time playin your bowser, hope to redeam myself the next time we meet- you should have played singles at least lol........

Ok well i think that is about it...... If i forgot you then you were not important enough soo get over it j/k i still luv you. Peace out!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Good smooth tourney, thanks to everyone who brought setups and especially to those who stood afterwards to help clean up ;)

Tink: Grats on the wins, luigi =/= low tier.

Pete Chen: Fun teams matches, amazing falco. Grats on 2nd.

Tapion: Man, you're getting too good. Good to see your falcon again. Sorry about the whole kongo jungle thing...

Ethan: You're getting too good too! It was fun teaming with you, too bad we got bracket ***** :( We'll get some more friendlies in next time.

Sauce: Thanks for housing us all weekend, it was definately good times.

Crashman: Nice job in the tourney, and fun matches. Your farming is too gooood.

5150: Sorry for not teaming with you, it worked out in the end. We're not a very good team anyway. DA4lyfe?

Chansen: It was fun hanging out with you, better than mama for sure.

Eddie: Fun matches, you're marth is too good.

Zjiin: I really need 2lrn2lcancel against ice climbers. Nice freezee grabs.

Tongji: Sorry about the seeding, we couldn't get enough people for pools :(. We'll do some friendlies next time for sure.

Oddgloat: Good to see you could make it, you had a really tough bracket :chuckle: You still played really well. Falco is too goood.

Penj: Didn't get to play you at all, but glad to see you there. It looked like your mario was doing pretty well, you had a tough bracket too.

Aj: Fun friendlies, you've got a really solid falcon. You've definately gotten a lot better since the last time I played you.

To everyone else, thanks for coming. It's too bad a lot of the teams didn't stick around for singles, it happens I guess.

BTW, someone left their jacket at the venue. It's green/gray, so let me know if it's yours and I'll try to get it to you somehow.

Also, someone from Sauce's took my controller, and left a grease puddle behind. It has a piece of tape on the back, hopefully I can swap it at some point :ohwell:

Top Bottom