• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

White 5, November 10, Whitewater, WI

Mundungu

Smash Lord
WHITE 5

Date: November 10
Time: 10 AM – Whenevs (about 8:00)
Address: 800 W Main Street, Whitewater, WI Williams Center Room 183 B+C
Cost: $10 for Singles; $5 each for teams

The William’s Center is on the UW-Whitewater campus. It’s the big sports complex on Warhawk Drive, it’s very easy to find. The best lot to park in is Lot 11, that is right at the back door of the building. You can park at Lots 7-9, the next closest lots if it is full.

Sign-ups will start at around 11, and doubles will start around noon, and singles an hour after doubles finish. We can do crews/low-tier if there's time/interest.

I will be getting some ty cart setups, but we will need more to run things smoothly! Let me know if you can bring tvs/cubes.

Rules

- Pot Split: 60/30/10
- Double Elimination bracket with seeding from teams (random seeding for teams)
- All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5
- Ties go into sudden death
- 4 stock, 8 minute limit
- Items off

- Dave’s Stupid Rule
- Each person can ban one stage for the entire match
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
- Double Blind pick may be called at any time, forcing a double blind character pick for the first match.

Stages

- The 6 neutral stages will be on random: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Staduim, Battlefield, Dreamland, Final Destination
- Stages banned: Venom, Peach’s Castle, Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Green Greens, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Great Bay, MK1, Yoshi’s Island, and Yoshi's Island 64, Onett
- Mute City and Fountain of Dreams will also be banned in teams
- All others will be open for counterpicks

Ethan.

Smash Ace
if i'm not mistaken, white 4 was in somones house.. anyway mundungudoodledooo you wanna team?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
it isn't gonna be piggy backing on an iron lan again is it?
Nope. This will be smash onry.

if i'm not mistaken, white 4 was in somones house.. anyway mundungudoodledooo you wanna team?
True. I was referring to super happy fun time, from last may I think.

I'll team, but I'm not sure about the double fox team :ohwell: We should go fox/ganon or falcon/fox if we team.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Sweet, a UW tourney. Too bad it's so far south. :( I don't think I'd want to make a trip like that all for myself only... if I could get some other friends to go, and carpool with Zicore (Likely he wouldn't like to carpool with me because my car doesn't even have a basic cassette tape player :p), then I can see myself going.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Sweet, a UW tourney. Too bad it's so far south. :( I don't think I'd want to make a trip like that all for myself only... if I could get some other friends to go, and carpool with Zicore (Likely he wouldn't like to carpool with me because my car doesn't even have a basic cassette tape player :p), then I can see myself going.
I am going to fudge butt **** 2, and thats it. And of course FC, but thats in a while...sorry mundungu, but school/work is first priority...hopes it goes well though.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
It looks like I'm going to make this November 10th. It will be in the same classroom as super happy fun time.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm guessing Most of Madison/Whitewater will be there too. There's about 10 of us, so there will be plenty of people there.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I was hoping this would be a bigger tourney, that's why I made teams cost more. It looks like that's not going to happen, so we can make it the usual $5 per person if that's what people want to do. That will most likely be the case.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I updated the first post with details and a map.

I changed teams back to $5 per person. Everything else stood the same.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Well, it looks like Zicore will be going after all... so if I have a steady supply of money (FBT2 is special so that's why I'm allowing myself to do things such as use up my super-secret savings stash), and someone I can look forward to playing with in teams, then I'll go. (That is, to point it out to the less-obvious people, I'm looking for a possible team mate.)

Eci4

Smash Ace
So I may be bringing a car of MN kids to this. How many people are expected to be there? Also can anyone offer housing the day before and the night after the tournament.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Eh November 10th, hmmmm. Prob not, too far of a drive. I want to come, but until I get my liscence, and have a good experience driving, I can't rely on my parents. Unless vino's parents get us there. Very unlikely after last tourney.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I might go to this.

I might use DK the whole tourney.

I might not.

I might need a partner.

I might like taking long walks on the beach.

I might secretly enjoy taking long, uninterrupted bubble bathes, whilst listening to Lionel Richie.

I might shut up now.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Hem hem.

I will team with you on the conditions we use Bowser + Kirby.

Zicore

Smash Champion
that...is the greatest sig ever, toecutter. omg. Seriously...holy ****.

Also, Depending on if I go to Viva la Smash...I might not go. Its same date. If I go to a tourney...it will be Viva. Is it too late to change date?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
So I may be bringing a car of MN kids to this. How many people are expected to be there? Also can anyone offer housing the day before and the night after the tournament.
I'm guessing there will be around 30 people at this, more if IL decides to come. I could provide housing the night before, I live 30 minutes west of the venue. If you want to stay in Whitewater, someone else might be able to hook you up.

Depending on how many people are looking into going to Viva La Smash, I'll look into changing this to the 17th. I'm not sure if that's possible anymore or not.

Eci4

Smash Ace
If you change it to the 17th that may give me more incentive to go... see, my best friend goes to MSoE, so I'm kinda driving up there partially to see him... I think that is the weekend they finish their trimester, so i could drive him home = too good...

also, what and where is Viva La Smash.... (I decided I am not an MN smasher, rather an OOS smasher)

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Even though this belongs more so in the FBT2 thread (even though it's over...)

(I decided I am not an MN smasher, rather an OOS smasher)
Sweet! I thought you were from IL (I didn't look at your info lol just your avatar and name), which means I can still have you listed as fav. OOS smasher right next to Zjiin as fav. IL smasher XD

And I too would like to know what viva la smash is. Zicore? Care to fill us in?

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
it is in the same room we are in last time? because i don't want to call jeff because i got lost in ****ing uw whitewater

and the road that don't exist

Top Bottom