• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Update WOW'ed You The Most?

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Stage Creator, mainly due to the fact that I done a Brawl Viewpoint on SMYN, and it kinda gave like a preview, haha. I'm looking forward to this mode A LOT, because I usually get too excited on games that have stage creators, like Timesplitters.

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
Stage Creator, Subspace Emmisary and .... most of all .... the Sonic update! :)

D

Deleted member

Subspace Emmisary.

Sonic was obvious. I really had no doubt he would be in from the moment I heard of Snake entering.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Sonic and Pokemon Trainer.

I figured Sonic was going to be in, but I was still EXTREMELY EXCITED when I saw him on the dojo. It was great to know he was in, and it let me rub it in the Sonic haters' faces.

Pokemon trainer also surprised the hell out of me.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Sonic. I screamed. And my mom asked me what was wrong. As if I was being attacked by someone.

:D
I rolfed at that xD

I think it was Stage Creator update, seconded by Sonic

But if there is an Isaac update as a PC, other updates just would seem little to me against that xD

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
For myself, it was (In no particular order):

Wi-Fi,
Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Ike, Lucas, King Dedede, (Sonic didn't surprise me as I expected him) ;)
Stage Creator,
The Pit, Zelda Medley, and Pokemon music,
The Subspace Emissary, teams on the Subspace Emissary,
And the first unveiling of a final smash.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
Probably either the Pokémon Trainer or Stage Builder, that mode that got mysteriously revealed in the "This world..." update; Adventure Mode, is a great one too.

It's a close one between PT and Stage Builder, Charizard had been my second most wanted character for Brawl, and the Pokémon Trainer update confirmed his as a playable character, finally.

And the Stage Builder update is just amazing, it's pretty unbelievable how much is put into this one game, I'm going to be making so many stages, it'll be great, I hope there is additions to it that can be unlocked too.

And I can hardly wait to play through Subspace Emissary with the many characters that are playable in Brawl, and I have to say, I'm rather curious about what the story will be like for the Pokémon Trainer, will the cut scenes involve his Pokémon much, or the trainer himself?

It'll be fun, to enjoy everything that Super Smash Bros. Brawl has to offer, in just 10 more weeks, it's less than a fifth of a year away now, it's release is getting pretty close.

Overall, I would say my favourite update is the Pokémon Trainer one(s), though the Stage Builder update was a thrill as well, I will be spending hours making many stages of all kinds.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
The BIG week

Mine is the week of sonic. first we got sonic, then his entrance video, and then, traler number 3. the next day was sonics special moves. then, thats when it hit us...

thursday night, the day we got sonic's special moves, i was reading IGN when i saw an article about THE DELAY. i didn't believe it. i couldn't believe it. i wouldn't believe it. and like i said, i didin't belive it. in the morning, i read sakurai's message. that's when i had to believe it. and that snapshots update didn't make it any better. curse you sonic. (even if it wasn't your fault).

Midboss

Smash Cadet
For me, it was definitely stage builder, and knowing others might see my stages delivered online. I've always liked level editing, and actually, I've done quite a bit of my own game designing so I've gotten kinda good at it. I actually hadn't expected a stage builder for Smash Bros. at any point, but now I'm having dreams about it.

I would've said Sonic, but honestly I can't say I didn't expect him to join the Brawl, especially having seen Mario & Sonic at the Olympics announced in Nintendo Power all that time before. Once I heard of Mario & Sonic, I pretty much KNEW, right then, Sonic was in Brawl.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
The top ones for me were
Subspace emmissary-all of the updates
Stage creator
Record matches-sorta, it kinda stunk that its only 3 minutes

Subspace was awesome, after spending 2 weeks trying to beat adventure in Melee on hard with no continues, this was a sigh of relief.

adjl

Smash Rookie
The first real SSE one (after "this world..."), and the Stage Builder. I don't know what it was about SSE, but its sheer wow factor made me realize that this was going to be a new Smash game (maybe the similarities to Melee's adventure mode, and my awe at that feature six years ago?), and that one update increased my excitement for the game exponentially. Overnight, I went from "Brawl looks cool" to "I want this game right now." Sounds kinda weird to say it that way, but it really was kind of incredible to see my perceptions changing so radically.

As for the Stage Builder, that one just gave me the impression that they really weren't holding back at all with the game, an impression that was magnified because I'd previously expressed fairly adamant doubt at the possibility of a stage creator due to the amount of effort required to make a fully functional one. That made it completely unexpected, and it absolutely shattered my ideas that they were going to leave anything out because it would take too much effort.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
My favorite was online and Link's special moves. But they weren't anything that wow'd me, it was like finding out your coffee has caffine in it! OMG shocker eh? (and Sakurai wouldn't give us decaf either =] )

I think one of the most "wowing" updates for me was Fox's Misfortune. Heck, I don't even like Fox or Diddy, but that update was freakin' awesome. Rayquaza = woot.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
While the Subspace Emissary wowed me and Sonic sent me (figuratively) into convulsions, I think the update which really got me going was the first one. Some people would probably say, "WTH? He on crack?", but in all seriousness, 'Daily weekday updates' and actually seeing the site get updated everyday pretty much made my year.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
At first, it was Sonic. Then I didn't see the update for the stage creator, so right now, that is it.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I honestly was most amazed at Sonics announcement, due to the sheer randomness of the update. My thoughts that morning:"ugh, lets see the new item for bra-OMG SONIC!".

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
The Subspace Emissary, I was worried Adventure Mode Wouldn't Make It for some reason :p

and yes,... Sonic was a Shocker too, I got excited overthat

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
July 20, 'This World' Thats when I knew that the single player had really stepped up. I sort-of expected things like new characters, new items new bells and whistles (stickers, stage builder ect.). but that update is what made me think "this game is going to be awesome"

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
sonic

no... sonic's music!

when i first heard his theme song bust out in smash bros brawl i cried a little...:chuckle: jkin but it is one of my favorite video game themes of all time

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pkmn trainer. i was not expecting him AT ALL. plus hes such a new type of character. also, i didnt think they would unveil another new chara so fast after ike. i found out about him at 3am in a mcdonalds on my cell phone's internet lol

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Pokemon Trainer made me go wtfux, because I was testing out the new version of the Wii internet browser so I went to the dojo, and I saw him and I was like WTFUX?!? so I hurried to my computer lol.

Then also when Sonic was announced I stood surprised for like 10 seconds, I didn't believe it at first.. it had to sink in lol.

Oh and I was really happy for Diddy's confirmation..

those are my top 3.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer, because it was something that no one could ever have speculated, or thought of, and it seems like a brilliant idea. It also made me a little hopeful for other character ideas that would never cross mine or anyone else's mind.

Stage Builder too, because while it seems to obvious now, it never crossed my mind prior to it being announced.

Ice Climbers shocked me a little too, because I thought they were going to get the can.

I remember I was like "WTF?!" when I saw Mr. Wright. I thought he was a playable character for a good amount of time, then I saw 'assist trophy' update haha

The first explanation of the Subspace Emmisary made me pee a little, an in-depth 1P Smash is going to be incredible (OH YEAH AND THE KICKASS CO-OP).

Top Bottom